xllxENIGMAxllx

Lawsuit update (settlement) expected in two weeks.

I do not mind paying for new dlcs, I just want to get them

• Like 4

1 hour ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

Hello, community the new update by Larry zerner is expecting a settlement in two weeks otherwise the lawsuit will continue. I let you read it by yourself.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/291501/friday-the-13th-lawsuit-expected-to-settle-in-next-2-weeks-nintendo-switch-video-game-update/

Yeah and? Means nothing for the game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, undrtkr said:

Yeah and? Means nothing for the game.

Even if (and you almost certainly are correct) it changes nothing for the game it opens the door for movies to be made again. And if that is successful maybe a sequel to the game. 

Regardless of the outcome, content will never resume. @mattshotcha has said this multiple times on these forums. But we have known this for a while now so it shouldn't be nothing new to us. 

However, I feel that a new movie would quickly go into production if a settlement between the two parties were to take place. 

Here is my prediction on what I think will happen with this franchise over the next year. A settlement will start to be talked about in the next 2-3 weeks. Negotiations for that settlement will take 4-5 months. In that 4-5 months, they figure out on who gets what from the franchise. A settlement is finally reached and the lawsuit is completely over. The next month after the lawsuit's ending they are going to start talking about a new movie. They begin production the next two weeks. The movie gets released in late 2020 or early 2021. 

Hopefully i'm right or I over exaggerated some things like maybe it only takes 1-1 1/2 months to negotiate the settlement. I just hope they don't refile the appeal which would just ruin everything and make this garbage last for another 2-3 years. 

I'd be totally down for a new updated game. I think it's been mentioned though that they wouldn't because they already did most of everything they wanted to in this one, which I disagree with. I could spell out a laundry list of things that are missing.

Hi I just joined the forums cause I was thinking about buying the game. I saw on the site that back on June 11th they posted there wouldn't be any future content due to what's going on with the lawsuit, http://f13game.com/news/end-of-content/. With the lawsuit possibly ending very soon and if they are allowed to make content there's absolutely no chance that the devs will decide to?

3 minutes ago, ChaosReigns said:

Hi I just joined the forums cause I was thinking about buying the game. I saw on the site that back on June 11th they posted there wouldn't be any future content due to what's going on with the lawsuit, http://f13game.com/news/end-of-content/. With the lawsuit possibly ending very soon and if they are allowed to make content there's absolutely no chance that the devs will decide to? 

Correct ChaosReigns. They've said that they will NOT ever create new content. It's not cost effective for them to do so and with the change of developers in Sept it's only bug fixes from here on out. There will also NOT be a sequel to the game from Gun Media. I doubt we will ever get a sequel to the game with this messy business. 

In the gaming industry even dealing with a major IP things can change day to day. September was awhile ago, is there something stated recently by a dev or gun media that confirms that this is still the case? When it comes to online games in this genre it's important to continue to make content to bring in new players as well as keep existing ones. As far as it not being cost effective was that actually due to the lawsuit or due to the game under preforming in sales and they had to cease development? And you mention a game sequel, was this something that was actually mentioned to be happening? Cause if so that really doesn't make sense in a lot of ways and makes me think it was more about under preforming rather than a lawsuit.

They could just release Jason X, as he was done. I mean, in case they settle

@ChaosReigns, welcome to the forums. If you get a chance, stop by the introduction section and let us know a little about yourself.

To answer the question have they said anything recently as to not adding content, yes they have. If you haven't yet, check out some of their "Beyond" episodes, they go into detail about the subject of content on one of the episodes. If I remember correctly, I think it was the first episode.

30 minutes ago, ChaosReigns said:

In the gaming industry even dealing with a major IP things can change day to day. Thing could change but it isn’t likely.

September was awhile ago, is there something stated recently by a dev or gun media that confirms that this is still the case?

They’ve stated it a number of times, most recently in an episode of Beyond, it’s their Twitch show.

When it comes to online games in this genre it's important to continue to make content to bring in new players as well as keep existing ones. While I do agree with your statement, I think it’s possible for a good game, like this one to be enjoyable as is. 

As far as it not being cost effective was that actually due to the lawsuit or due to the game under preforming in sales and they had to cease development? The game actually sold incredibly well, so it isn’t on sales. The legal situation is the direct cause of the end of content.

And you mention a game sequel, was this something that was actually mentioned to be happening? Gun Media has no interest in making a sequel, they stated so in the same episode of Beyond as mentioned above. It makes little sense and makes me very disappointed in their lack of foresight or dedication. I don’t agree with their assessment or decisions but it isn’t up to me. 

Cause if so that really doesn't make sense in a lot of ways and makes me think it was more about under preforming rather than a lawsuit.

Business decisions get made, they can be unmade as the situation changes but I wouldn’t count on it.

Welcome to camp, I think the game is worth the cost. If you are interested in picking it up, sooner is better than later as it does have a self life for online multiplayer.

• Like 1

I'd like to see another company take the game on for a sequel at some point.

15 minutes ago, malloymk said:

If Gun really isn’t interested, I would too. There’s so much that could still be done.

• Like 1

Anyone else get the feeling they are saying no to future content and to a possible sequel because that is what they are being directed to say? And if given the greenlight, they will be back at it at full force? Probably not, but in the back of my strange mind, that's a thought that rattles around, at least until the hamster falls of his wheel. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Anyone else get the feeling they are saying no to future content and to a possible sequel because that is what they are being directed to say? And if given the greenlight, they will be back at it at full force? Probably not, but in the back of my strange mind, that's a thought that rattles around, at least until the hamster falls of his wheel. 

Kind of like me telling my kid shes not getting a toy on the way to store, but she was good and I get to the checkout and see her eying something up, so I say fine go ahead and grab one. She is usually more excited this way cuz she never thought she wouldn't get anything.... It could happen right!? 😀

9 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

It’s certainly possible, and I hope it’s the case.

I'm moving this thread to off-topic, seeing as this doesn't affect anything with the game. The developers have stated a countless amount of times that content will not resume, no matter how many times people ask. It's the same thing that it was with Savini Jason and non-backers; they're sticking to their word.

You guys can discuss any implications this may have on the future of the Friday the 13th franchise, but content will not resume and as a result, this thread is not suited to the F13 Game General Discussion area.

On 3/25/2019 at 6:04 PM, BigJay said:

However, I feel that a new movie would quickly go into production if a settlement between the two parties were to take place.

I'd agree.

12 hours ago, malloymk said:

It probably wouldn't be a sequel, but another company doing their own F13 game would be nice.

11 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

It probably wouldn't be a sequel, but another company doing their own F13 game would be nice.

On one hand I’d love to see what someone else did with the property. Just the potential different things that could be done rather than this games Jason powers. Would it have a story, a shop, a progression system? So many different things could be done differently. 

On the other hand, I’d hate to never see this game get its due, at this point I think that could only be done as a sequel. A complete rebuild from the ground up, with a greatly improved variety of items, maps and effects. 

It’s a tough choice between which I’d prefer, I want this team to see the potential I see but acknowledge another team might see something even better. 

11 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

On one hand I’d love to see what someone else did with the property. Just the potential different things that could be done rather than this games Jason powers. Would it have a story, a shop, a progression system? So many different things could be done differently. 

On the other hand, I’d hate to never see this game get its due, at this point I think that could only be done as a sequel. A complete rebuild from the ground up, with a greatly improved variety of items, maps and effects. 

It’s a tough choice between which I’d prefer, I want this team to see the potential I see but acknowledge another team might see something even better.

If this team was to have interest in doing a sequel, I'd like to see what they could come up with.

If another company decided to create a new F13 game from scratch, I'd like to see what the vision of another would be like.