Sign in to follow this  
Rycornog

Disc exclusive clothing pack - please help!

For some reason my disc exclusive pack is glitched. It shows the name of the pack with an image of the Halloween costume pack. Can’t use any disc clothing but can use the costumes. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling

The dlc or the game? Mine disappears but I just put the disk back in after I delete the installed clothing packs and blood packs from my gamesave on my Xbox then reinstall from the disk. This usually works for me. Deleting the game does not get rid of your dlc. Hope this works for you. 

IF YOU HAVE THE SLASHER EDITION DISC:

You will need to purchase the Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack from Xbox Live. Ignore the part 7 kill pack that is loaded off the disc because the only way the workaround will be successful is with the one that you purchase from Xbox Live since it has NO DRM and does not need to remain installed once the purchase is made and tied to your Gamer Profile. 

I also have the original Xbox One physical release (disc) from October 2017. I also own the digital game and all the DLC from Xbox Live. I do not have the Slasher Edition physical release disc.

Here is what the problem is... If you have the Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack installed and then install the Disc Exclusive Clothing Pack off of the disc the console will automatically and without warning UNINSTALL the Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack. If you purchased the Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack from Xbox Live then it should show up in the Ready to install section under Friday the 13th: the Game in My games & apps on the Xbox One. Since the DLC purchased from Xbox Live does not have any DRM for this specific game you do not have to keep this DLC installed even though it shouldn't be uninstalling itself in the first place. So if this happens to you, buy Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack on Xbox Live and keep it uninstalled after it automatically uninstalls itself and you should still have the kills available in game to equip in your loadout. I do not know why Illfonic chose not to or forgot to put DRM on paid DLC for this game but it's the only reason this workaround is even possible. 

Similarly, if you reinstall the Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack after it is automatically uninstalled the console will automatically and without warning UNINSTALL the Disc Exclusive Clothing Pack. Those clothing items will then be removed from within the game not only as an equipable selection but for any equipped counselors which will default to the original clothing item. Apparently, the disc exclusive items must remain installed because they have DRM.

To reinstall the Disc Exclusive Clothing Pack off the disc go to your Homescreen (dashboard) on the Xbox One and highlight the tile that shows the Cover art for Friday the 13th: the game and has that small disc icon but without the Friday the 13th: the game logo. Press Start on this tile and click on Manage Bundle. The Disc Exclusive Clothing Pack should be in your Ready to install section. Install the DLC. If you own the digital version of the game you do not need to keep the disc in the console in order to keep the exclusive DLC. The Xbox One installs the exclusive DLC to the same folder as the digital game along with any of the DLC that was purchased from Xbox Live.

For whatever reason, you cannot keep both of these DLC items installed at the same time on Xbox One when using the original physical release from October 2017. From what I understand, this may also be an issue with the Slasher Edition disc. I have no way to confirm this but I suspect that in the background these two files have some sort of conflicting file name or ID. Additionally, the Halloween Costume Pack automatically renames itself to Disc Exclusive Clothing Pack once installed but that does not appear to cause any in game conflicts.

---------------------

Here is a step by step tutorial with some screenshots to try and make things a little easier to understand:

STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:

1. Purchase the Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack on xbox.com or in the store on the console: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/jason-part-7-machete-kill-pack/c4x59s0hcpn8

2. Confirm that the Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack is in your "Ready to install" section in the "My games & apps" section for Friday the 13th: the game. Keep it uninstalled. If it's installed, then uninstall the file. 

Screenshot:

part7dlc.jpg

3. Confirm that the Disc Exclusive Clothing Pack is installed. This is the one that shows AJ, Chad and Deb on the thumbnail tile for the pack. If you previously tried to reinstall the Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack and loaded up the game then that will have uninstalled the Disc Exclusive Clothing Pack and removed those clothes in game.

PLEASE NOTE: There will be another Disc Exclusive Clothing Pack listed because the Halloween Costume Pack gets automatically renamed to that by the console when it is installed. The tile for that will still show the Halloween graphic. That is a secondary issue that does not appear to cause any problems in game and will also never be fixed.

Screenshot:

discclothingpack.jpg

5. The Disc Exclusive Clothing Pack may have been previously uninstalled by the console if you reinstalled the Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack before finding this tutorial. If this happened then use the disc to reinstall that file. You can do this by having the disc in the console and then highlighting the icon for the F13 game that has the disc icon on the tile on the Home screen of the Xbox dashboard. Press the Start (MENU) button on your controller and choose "Manage Bundle" and go to "Ready to install" to install the Disc Exclusive Clothing Pack.

Screenshots:

manage-bundle.jpg

installclothing.jpg

6. Assuming you've done everything correctly you should have the Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack kills available for your Jason(s) (Weapon Swap requires a specific rank) and you should have the Disc Exclusive Clothing Pack clothing available in game.

Screenshots:

part7pack.jpg

discclothingpackshirt.jpg

If you are unsure what the clothing items look like then you can refer to the thumbnail graphic on the DLC file, the screenshot shown above of Deb's outfit or watch this video. You with have a shirt, pants, and shoes for each of the original launch counselors. The pack does not have an outfit for any of the post launch counselors.

---------------------

This is a known issue that has existed since the October 2017 release of the original disc release on Xbox One. It's also an issue with the Slasher Edition disc. Every time I see someone complain about this issue I repost and/or link to my previous comments on how to resolve the issue. The devs are unlikely to ever fix this problem since it's been ongoing for over 1.5 years and it's probably a low priority given that it requires having the Disc and the Part 7 kill pack. They clearly have more important things to fix like the roof exploit, broken environmental kills and issues with the car. At least there is a workaround for this issue.

The issue has been reported to jasonkillsbugs.com numerous times over the past 1.5 years since the original disc was released. I've never gotten a support ticket and the only response is the auto generated thank you email. I do not expect this problem to ever be resolved. Be thankful there is a workaround due to Ilfonic's failure to put DRM on paid DLC. I am sympathetic to the fact that unless you have the disc and an Xbox in front of you the problem isn't going to make much sense unless  you are experiencing it for yourself. The workaround makes even less sense. 

Any Microsoft / Xbox Customer Service agent or Xbox Ambassador isn't even going to be aware of the underlying issue causing the conflict let alone the workaround. All they or anyone at @GunMediaSupport will tell you to do is to uninstall and reinstall the game and/or DLC. That will not fix the problem.

At best, you might be able to get a a Microsoft support agent to give you a refund on the kill pack if you explain the situation or link them to this post but any refund would more than likely be a one time adjustment just to get you to stop bothering them.

• Like 1

For all issues mentioned in this thread, we need you to submit reports through JasonKillsBugs.com to troubleshoot with our support team.

12 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

For all issues mentioned in this thread, we need you to submit reports through JasonKillsBugs.com to troubleshoot with our support team.

It's been reported to jasonkillsbugs.com multiple times going back to October 2017 as well as documented on the reddit forum and this forum. No official response ever given. 

13 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

It's been reported to jasonkillsbugs.com multiple times going back to October 2017 as well as documented on the reddit forum and this forum. No official response ever given. 

If you have an existing ticket, you can update that ticket to ping the support team to the case again. I can assure you they'll respond. 

I'm not sure, outside of a troubleshooting session and potential fix what type of "official response" you're after. If it's something to be patched, that just accentuates the need for fresh reports on JKB.

• Confused 1

On 4/4/2019 at 12:21 PM, mattshotcha said:

If you have an existing ticket, you can update that ticket to ping the support team to the case again. I can assure you they'll respond. 

I'm not sure, outside of a troubleshooting session and potential fix what type of "official response" you're after. If it's something to be patched, that just accentuates the need for fresh reports on JKB.

There was never any ticket and only an automatic thank you for your submission email(s). Granted, those who would have originally received those reports in 2017 and 2018 are no longer involved with the game.

The troubleshooting and workaround was already done by myself and a few others over a year ago. As for an "official response" I would assume that to be acknowledging the problem and fixing it or at least putting the workaround somewhere for people to see it and directing people to it. I pretty much gave up on bugging Illfonic and Gun about this problem after a lack of response. I even submitted the workaround to jasonkillsbugs.com  over a year ago after I by chance figured out how to get the DLC to work again. From what I understand,  this missing DLC problem keeps getting brought even after almost 2 years because the new Slasher Disc apparently has the same problem.

I just submitted another text report to jasonkillsbugs.com. One of the problems is the explanation of the issue and the workaround are convoluted and if you don't have experience using an Xbox you might not even understand what the problem is or why the solution even works. My best guess is that Illfonic screwed up the DLC's and have them labeled behind the scenes incorrectly which causes internal conflicts when booting up the game.

The only reason the workaround even works is because Illfonic also forgot to or chose not to put any DRM on the DLC for this game. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

There was never any ticket and only an automatic thank you for your submission email(s). Granted, those who would have originally received those reports in 2017 and 2018 are no longer involved with the game.

The troubleshooting and workaround was already done by myself and a few others 1.5+ years ago. As for an "official response" I would assume that to be acknowledging the problem and fixing it or at least putting the workaround somewhere for people to see it and directing people to it. I pretty much gave up on bugging Illfonic and Gun about this problem when I by chance figured out the previously posted workaround when installing and uninstalling the various DLCs to try and figure out what the problem was with the missing DLC. From what I understand,  this missing DLC problem keeps getting brought even after almost 2 years because the new Slasher Disc apparently has the same problem.

I just submitted another text report to jasonkillsbugs.com. One of the problems is the explanation of the issue and the workaround are convoluted and if you don't have experience using an Xbox you might not even understand what the problem is or why the solution even works. My best guess is that Illfonic screwed up the DLC's and have them labeled behind the scenes incorrectly which causes internal conflicts when booting up the game.

The only reason the workaround even works is because Illfonic also forgot to or chose not to put any DRM on the DLC for this game. 

Thank you for submitting to our current support team.

On 4/5/2019 at 4:16 PM, mattshotcha said:

Thank you for submitting to our current support team.

It's been 3+ months and it doesn't look like @GunMediaSupport read the ticket because they are still giving out troubleshooting steps that won't resolve the issue as linked to in the Tweets below this post. They are giving out the same steps to uninstall and reinstall the game that any Agent at Microsoft / Xbox Support will provide because no one appears to understand the underlying issue. There is some sort or conflict with these DLC files that is causing them to uninstall on their own. Unless you have an Xbox and the disc in front of you to see first hand what is going on with this DLC conflict it may very hard to understand the problem people are asking about or even the workaround that I have been trying to explain for almost 2 years. I have not experienced anything like this with any other Xbox game.

I submitted another ticket today to jasonkillsbugs.com with a link to the workaround from my previous post. It's been almost 2 years and despite all my efforts I don't think it will ever be acknowledged let alone resolved. At the very least I think @GunMediaSupport should be telling people to purchase the Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack from Xbox Live and to keep it uninstalled because that is the only thing that works from the user end. I realize telling customers to spend another $2.99 to fix this issue is not something you would want to be doing but it's the only solution that works.

The workaround makes even less sense and the only reason it works is because Ilfonic didn't put any DRM on the paid DLC purchased or redeemed through a code on Xbox Live. This also means that the backer exclusive Clothing Pack #1 and Savini Jason have no DRM which is why people are still selling or giving access to that content without an actual code or xbox.com link. Since the disc DLC is loaded off the disc instead of a redemption code on Xbox even that can be shared an unlimited number of times by letting someone borrow the disc. 

___

The other issue is in @GunMediaSupport telling this person to use the disc to install the game even though they also appear to own the game digitally. The disc will trigger a download of the latest build from Xbox Live and it is installed in the same folder that would be used for the digital game.  The digital/physical game don't overlap so all you are doing is uninstalling and reinstall the same game to the same folder. There is no difference if you own the game digitally and on disc for Xbox. If someone only owns the game through the disc then uninstalling and reinstalling the game isn't going to resolve the underlying DLC conflict either. The only solution is to purchase the Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack on Xbox Live and to keep it uninstalled.

_____

Update July 22, 2019:

I haven't received a response to the July 16th jasonkillsbugs.com report. I've sent several over the past 1.5 years and only ever received the auto generated "nobody likes bugs" email in regards to this particular issue.

@GunMediaSupport made another followup Tweet on July 17th, 2019 suggesting that you shouldn't have to purchase the DLC again. They do not understand the problem or why the workaround is the only solution. None of their troubleshooting steps will solve the problem and the workaround I have described in my previous post(s) is the only current solution. At this point in time I do not expect the underling issue to ever be resolved. The only thing I can suggest is to point people to the workaround post when it is inevitably brought up again because @GunMediaSupport doesn't understand the problem and is unlikely to ever fix it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1