Sign in to follow this  
BigJay

What Horror icon is most deserving of a new game?

Horror Icon Video Game  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you choose?

• Jason Voorhees (again)- Friday The 13th
    • Michael Myers- Halloween
    • Leatherface- Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    • Freddy Krueger-A Nightmare On Elm Street
    • Pennywise- IT
    • Chucky- Childs Play
    • Pinhead-Hellraiser
    • Jigsaw- Saw
    • Ghostface- Scream
    • Leprechaun- Leprechaun

Which icon do you think deserves their own game like F13:The Game? If I had to choose, I would choose Michael Myers in Halloween. Coming off of a box office success with the latest Halloween film and being the highest grossing slasher film ever; I feel Michael deserves his own game. Halloween is arguably the most relevant horror franchise at the moment. So I feel that making a game now would be great coming off of the newest film's success.  

That's a tough choice... I'd have to go with Freddy Krueger. I'd want a cinematic single player only experience too. MP can come in a sequel.

• Thanks 1

Man I hate choosing because alot of them do deserve a video game. I would have to say Michael since you could do the exact same setup as F13 the game with each Michael from the movies having different strengths. you could also do a single player style one were you take control of Jamie in a what if the ending of 5 never happened. You could have her trying to find her mother after Loomis let's slip that she faked her death and basically have it connect to H20 as I think it make a great story of her discovering that her mom went on and had another child. Imagine the drama of discovering you were basically replaced along with yuor uncle hunting you down. Just an idea that I thought would make a fun game.

Halloween with Michael Myers hands down. This would be a badass game if made correctly

• Like 1

Hard choice but would go with Freddy because there is enough variations of him to fit the model of F13th the game.

• Like 1

Nightmare on Elm Street, is the one I’d most want to see. I feel it has the least chance of being made though. To hard a concept for most developers, it’s possible with some more ground work though.

Halloween would probably be the most likely to get made and could help build a very specific mechanic to help with the Nightmare game but it’s unlikely they’d listen to me about it, lol. The mechanic in question would be a way to segment a power charging mechanic, with Micheal it would be done by stalking to unlock kills, for Freddy it would be about scaring the players to build up the power to get a kill. I think it would work by observation and manipulation of the environment. Michael would leave a backdoor open or unscrew a lightbulb to generate fear. Freddy would change the environment directly. It’s unfortunate that Micheal doesn’t use traps because I’d want triggering and escaping from traps be part of the generating process but maybe that could be a survivor mechanic in Halloween and a Freddy mechanic in Nightmare. 

Childs Play has a bit of potential if it’s a slower game or an addition to an existing game. 

Ghostface could be an epic open world game for a whole class of players, having twenty possible targets could be fun. 

That’s all I got for now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regardless of what slasher based game is made next, it needs to do a top notch job sticking as close to the source material as possible. At the same time, it also needs to provide a stellar gaming experience. In the right hands, all of our favorite slashers could get a game that would do them justice.

On 3/23/2019 at 8:52 PM, Killer Roy said:

Man I hate choosing because alot of them do deserve a video game.

You are right about that. I've got ideas for close to 30 slasher based games.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

Regardless of what slasher based game is made next, it needs to do a top notch job sticking as close to the source material as possible. At the same time, it also needs to provide a stellar gaming experience. In the right hands, all of our favorite slashers could get a game that would do them justice.

You are right about that. I've got ideas for close to 30 slasher based games.

I would love to read those ideas buddy !!

if you haven’t already posted them drop them in a thread when you get some time!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I would love to read those ideas buddy !!

if you haven’t already posted them drop them in a thread when you get some time!

I appreciate the enthusiasm. I've got a ton of ideas, but if we get some separate threads on potential games, I'll be more than happy to drop a few ideas I've come up with.

No love for leatherface? I think texas Chainsaw would be awesome setting for this type of game. Not only a maniac with a Chainsaw is scary as shit, but Some cool possible poi for maps - Sawyer farm, woods, abattoir, gas station. 

29 minutes ago, kohagan said:

No love for leatherface? I think texas Chainsaw would be awesome setting for this type of game. Not only a maniac with a Chainsaw is scary as shit, but Some cool possible poi for maps - Sawyer farm, woods, abattoir, gas station. 

There’s another topic somewhere on the forums that I read awhile ago, in it they suggested that you play as members of the Sawyer clan and not just Leatherface. I think this is a really great idea, a two or three person killing team vs four or five survivors could give it a better balance. 

Leatherface could have been an excellent edition to this game if it had kept growing and eventually branched out into other franchises. On his own he might not have the social currency to keep a multiplayer game alive. Not ragging on his fans, but like the fans of Leprechaun they just aren’t a big enough segment of the horror gaming population. 

Done well it could be amazing though so I hope someone does give it a shot. I think it’s more likely to be done as a single player game like  Until Dawn though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

There’s another topic somewhere on the forums that I read awhile ago, in it they suggested that you play as members of the Sawyer clan and not just Leatherface. I think this is a really great idea, a two or three person killing team vs four or five survivors could give it a better balance. 

Leatherface could have been an excellent edition to this game if it had kept growing and eventually branched out into other franchises. On his own he might not have the social currency to keep a multiplayer game alive. Not ragging on his fans, but like the fans of Leprechaun they just aren’t a big enough segment of the horror gaming population. 

Done well it could be amazing though so I hope someone does give it a shot. I think it’s more likely to be done as a single player game like  Until Dawn though.

I could probably come up with a multiplayer setup for a Texas Chainsaw game. I'm gonna jot down a couple of @kohagan's ideas. I could cross reference some concepts with a little inspiration from L4D/L4D2. I'll have to re-watch the movies again and get some more inspiration.

• Thanks 1

Just needed to write this down somewhere, this thread will do, so the trailer for Ghost faces reveal for Dbd dropped and it takes place in a big box store. The thing is none of the you tubers I’ve seen cover it have mentioned it’s an S-mart. It’s starting to really bug me that they aren’t seeing the Ash connection. The trailers is excellent by the way. 

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Just needed to write this down somewhere, this thread will do, so the trailer for Ghost faces reveal for Dbd dropped and it takes place in a big box store. The thing is none of the you tubers I’ve seen cover it have mentioned it’s an S-mart. It’s starting to really bug me that they aren’t seeing the Ash connection. The trailers is excellent by the way. 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

i chose friday the 13th again well because i love friday the 13th franchise but there is another not listed i would like a take on and that  is victor crowley a hatchet game would be very nice could use the same kinda game style f13th uses it could work and i'm sure adam green wouldn't mind a game

• Like 1

8 hours ago, camp_voorhees said:

i chose friday the 13th again well because i love friday the 13th franchise but there is another not listed i would like a take on and that  is victor crowley a hatchet game would be very nice could use the same kinda game style f13th uses it could work and i'm sure adam green wouldn't mind a game

Yes for a Victor Crowley game!

alot of those would be fun,but i would really like a single player Elm Street game as sort of a single player action/rpg.You would start by creating your own character.Part of the real world would be simple stuff like attending classes in high school,and developing friendships with the characters at the school(Maybe this would affect some of the dreamworld powers you get,like you get different powers when your friendships with different characters hit certain milestones?).I kinda picture conversation choices,like in Mass Effect.Then you could equip different skills/powers/movesets for the dreamworld portions of the game.In the dreamworld,you would try to save friends that in trouble(ideally,there'd be demons or critters of some sort that are on Freddy's side,as well as Freddy himself attacking in his humanoid form.).There would also be scripted moments where Freddy morphs into a boss form(He had plenty in the old NES game!)and defeating a Freddy boss would be the end of that particular story chapter.The dream powers would be nice,like using magic to roast alot of Freddy's minions,or even martial arts moves and stuff.

17 hours ago, jade said:

alot of those would be fun,but i would really like a single player Elm Street game as sort of a single player action/rpg.You would start by creating your own character.Part of the real world would be simple stuff like attending classes in high school,and developing friendships with the characters at the school(Maybe this would affect some of the dreamworld powers you get,like you get different powers when your friendships with different characters hit certain milestones?).I kinda picture conversation choices,like in Mass Effect.Then you could equip different skills/powers/movesets for the dreamworld portions of the game.In the dreamworld,you would try to save friends that in trouble(ideally,there'd be demons or critters of some sort that are on Freddy's side,as well as Freddy himself attacking in his humanoid form.).There would also be scripted moments where Freddy morphs into a boss form(He had plenty in the old NES game!)and defeating a Freddy boss would be the end of that particular story chapter.The dream powers would be nice,like using magic to roast alot of Freddy's minions,or even martial arts moves and stuff.

I doubt a Freddy game would be fair online.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I doubt a Freddy game would be fair online.

um,if you look at the beginning of my post,i said it would be a single player game,not an online game.

Edited by jade
fixed a typo

7 minutes ago, jade said:

um,if you look at the beginning of my post,i said it would be a single player game,not an online game.

I understand that Im just stating it in general because people be quoting you on multiplayer discussions.