How do you feel the sweater should be used?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel the sweater should be used?

• As intended (Get Jason set up for his defeat)
    • As a stun if you are lacking a pocketknife (Whatever if takes to survive)
    • Both are acceptible (It depends on the situation)
    • I don't care (I don't go for the sweater)
  2. 2. Do you feel players using the sweater outside its intended purpose (Jason kill) are sabotaging Jason kill squads?

There were an interesting couple of questions that came to me recently. What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

I voted for the third option (Both are acceptable). If for some reason I'm playing as a female counselor and Jason has his mask knocked off and Tommy is around then yes get the sweater and possibly go for the kill. Though I never start the a match with the mentality of killing Jason, I only resort to it if like half of the conditions were accidentally met.

If Tommy is dead or nobody called Tommy or if he's escaping then yes use the sweater to save your life.

• Like 2

I said yes for the second question. But the way the question is asked, it leaves it open to reader to what the "intended purpose" is. Is the intended purpose the kill only, or use it for survival (like a pocket knife) as well? If the purpose is for kill only, then any use other than the kill could be considered sabotage.

Third and no, I agree the second question is formed in a way the leaves it open to interpretation.

I don’t go for the sweater anymore but used it as a stun back when I started as Jenny, it saved my life a number of times. So I think that’s a legit use.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

There were an interesting couple of questions that came to me recently. What are your thoughts?

The sweater will be used by whoever picks it up... however they choose to use it...
   Anything else is one player telling another player how they should be playing the game. Some people just want to get the achievements (or badges) for picking up the sweater... or for using the sweater, but do not necessarily want to participate in a Jason kill... or to use as a potential stun as they have found no pocket knife, and all of the other pocket knives were used to troll Jason instead of helping get things done... And no one has the right to tell them that they cannot do these things.

So... it can and should be used however the player that picks it up feels they should use it... NO ONE can FORCE the other player to do what they want them to do with it... but they sure will cry when someone does not do what they want them to do... Slave driver mentality does not now, nor will it EVER work... Perhaps people should try asking these players with the sweater nicely to help them kill Jason... and even then.... the player with the sweater is FULLY within their rights to use it HOWEVER they want to use it.

Also... if someone uses it to sabotage a kill squad... Too bad, so sad... ANYONE using it for ANY other purpose will be called out as sabotaging the kill (or "teaming with Jason") by a "kill squad"... and by the rude kill squads, this will happen every single time someone refuses to help them... I know, I refuse to help the kill squads quite a bit as I do not like participating in the Jason kill... and I get called a teamer pretty much every time... But wait... if they asked politely for my help... and they are not assholes to others... then I will help them... Anyone who is rude or generally being an asshole to ANYONE is not getting any help from me... But I will help the polite people most time... I just do not enjoy that part of the game and prefer an actual challenge... and if I do not feel like killing Jason... NO ONE can force me to help them do it.
     This is just another one of way too many instances in which people will call "TEAMING!!!!" where there is non... People are not mind readers... you do not know what the other player wanted to do with it (unless they tell you their intentions)… Sure "some" players use it to sabotage a Jason kill... but TOO BAD... others are using it for a different purpose... Which is a choice that they have the right to make.
    It does not sadden me at all if someone is robbed of a Jason kill... particularly when that night they all ready have ten... and over the same week have racked up dozens (or more) of Jason kills.

Teaming was taken out of the list of bannable offenses for one reason... WAY too many claims of teaming with ZERO proof... Which is painfully obvious with pretty much every story about "teaming"... Yes, it does happen... I run into them too... but it is far rarer than many people say it is... Almost every instance I see of someone calling another a teamer... has literally ZERO proof... and that is what I see every night... I do not see teamers that are blatantly obvious or admitting to it every night.
     I have even seen on these forums many stories of what people claim to be "teamers" with ZERO proof of teaming in the initial story... Then when they get called out on it... they come back and tell us how the teamers admitted to it... Sounds VERY fishy to me when the initial story of teaming leaves out the only real evidence of teaming... and one person's word that they admitted to it... needs to be backed up with video... which cannot contain names due to the "naming and shaming" rule.

Being an admission is literally the only real proof of it without a video that makes it blatantly obvious... with a counselor leading Jason around to kill other players and then moving on to the next one after each kill (seen that one a few times)… Or setting up bear traps inside a cabin under every window with Jason in there hidden from view from the outside... and using bait like... a repair part that shows up on the map to draw someone in... and resetting the bear traps inside the windows after each kill... (I saw a video of that one... it drew everyone in amazingly quickly)... or something else similar... I can fully understand why teaming with Jason was removed from the list of bannable offenses.
    Playing in a lobby with people "teaming" with Jason sucks... I know, I have played against teamers too... But it sucks even more being called a teamer (when there is no teaming) by someone who can't accept that this particular match did not work out perfectly for them.

Sorry for the rant Mr. Play.

• Thanks 1

I love going for the kill and have no problem admitting it, but only if the Jason player is competent and challenging to beat. I'm not helping you kill a lv 1 Jason no matter how nicely you ask, as I believe it to be an excellent way to run off new players that may have been willing to hang around and improve.

As far as sabotaging the kill, if I'm not Tommy or Sweater-Girl then most of the time I stay out of it and leave the other counselors to it. If Jason is getting surrounded by tea-bagging/dancing assholes trying to have another Pinata Party, however, then yes, I will gleefully fuck up your kill any way I possibly can. Usually it's in the form of running to the shack to steal the sweater, then getting killed on purpose when Jason shows up, but there have been times where I was Tommy or SG and decided to simply quit after everyones gathered around waiting for me to use the sweater or press X to kill Jason. 

@mike-hannigan, good analysis of both sides of the situation.

@Dragonfire82877 and @Slasher_Clone, I've rephrased the second question to avoid further confusion.

@Ahab, you wouldn't be you if you didn't speak from the heart. I'm used to it by now.

@HaHaTrumpWon, I admire your sense of honor. Killing an inexperienced Jason would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@HaHaTrumpWon, I admire your sense of honor. Killing an inexperienced Jason would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Not that there's anything technically wrong with killing a very inexperienced Jason, because there's not. I just feel that it's not giving them a whole lot of incentive to hang around and improve, especially if it's accompanied with all the usual retarded dancing that goes with it.

I've used the sweater before to escape to the cops when Jason was patrolling the exit, but can you even do that anymore since they patched out sweater cancelling? The last time I did this, I was stuck in the sweater animation for as long as Jason was. Luckily someone else was there to stun him when he came out of it and we both escaped.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Not that there's anything technically wrong with killing a very inexperienced Jason, because there's not. I just feel that it's not giving them a whole lot of incentive to hang around and improve, especially if it's accompanied with all the usual retarded dancing that goes with it.

If it was a cocky inexperienced Jason, then all bets are off.

Good poll, I’ve taken the sweater for both kill and survival (no pocket knife) situations. I love it when a “know-it-all” Jason gets sweater stunned by me as i’m trying to escape him...

”Uhhh.. Why did you waste the sweater??” - Every Jason on mic

I voted 3 and 2. I do feel you are taking on a responsibility if you grab the sweater though. At least in my opinion you should be using it as a last resort, and keep the kill as a possible path to victory open as long as possible. I do agree with @HaHaTrumpWon though. I'm not killing a baby Jason. The only exception is if they are an asshole or if it's a group of baby counselors who are wanting to make the attempt. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I voted 3 and 2. I do feel you are taking on a responsibility if you grab the sweater though. At least in my opinion you should be using it as a last resort, and keep the kill as a possible path to victory open as long as possible. I do agree with @HaHaTrumpWon though. I'm not killing a baby Jason. The only exception is if they are an asshole or if it's a group of baby counselors who are wanting to make the attempt. 

You and I are on the same page.

Anything goes. Of course you may be forced to get the sweater kinda like an extra PK, I'm just against people whoe deliberately get it to prevent Jason killings just because.
That's borderline teaming with Jason for me.

• Like 3

@silencedeffect, thanks for the kind words. I do the polls to get a good conversation started. It's nice to know it is appreciated.

@F134Ever86, you are right on that one. Survival is the name of the game.

@Sir Jack, I can see where it could be looked at as teaming.

9 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

Anything goes. Of course you may be forced to get the sweater kinda like an extra PK, I'm just against people whoe deliberately get it to prevent Jason killings just because.
That's borderline teaming with Jason for me.

Not quite anything goes... And there is no borderline teaming... there is either teaming, or there is no teaming.
   And just because someone used the sweater and it screwed up your attempt to kill Jason does not mean they were teaming with him. Were they also leading Jason to other counselors? Were they killing other counselors with a car? (that one is also subjective... it could be a lone nut just being a troll and not teaming with Jason at all). Were they creating an irresistible trap for other counselors using repair parts as bait?... Did they actually admit to teaming with Jason?... Or did they just use the sweater for their own purposes?
    Perhaps they did not find a pocket knife and wanted a free stun on Jason... Perhaps they were cold and felt the need of a sweater (some folks have a strange idea of immersion, maybe they should not have chose the bikini to wear that night)… My point is... unless it is so obvious that there is ZERO doubt for anybody... then they might not be teaming with Jason. Non of us are mind readers.

The sweater is there for anyone to take... when ever they wish to take it. Putting a restriction on this would prove both difficult and problematic... Just like someone else taking a vehicle that you repaired... Should they wait for you?... No. The best chance to get away is to do it as soon as possible. Waiting for someone coming from across the map gives Jason too much of a chance to break up that party and stop the car from even being started... But do not feel bad, if I took the car you fixed... I would not leave until it is full of counselors... but it is first come first serve for whoever gets a ride... that is what teamwork is all about... helping the entire team, not just one specific person that feels they deserved the ride more than someone else, for whatever reason.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:25 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I'm not helping you kill a lv 1 Jason no matter how nicely you ask, as I believe it to be an excellent way to run off new players that may have been willing to hang around and improve.

I feel the same way... and many of the hunting squads I see, let alone the people who ask me for help killing Jason... are trying to kill a noob Jason... Which I will outright refuse to do... But that requires that I checked their level before the match started, which I do not always do either. But I agree... it is a good way to frustrate a new player so much that they will put the game down and never return... New players in particular get VERY upset when they are killed as Jason... and I am not playing this game to piss other players off.
   Personally, I have never given much thought to a level restriction though... But I will help Jason hunters... sometimes... as long as they are not assholes. It is just rare that I will help them. On the other hand, if the Jason player is being an ignorant prick... all bets are off... and I no longer care if that player is a noob or not... Assholes... no matter what part in the game they are playing... should be dealt with accordingly.

20 hours ago, BFizzle said:

I've used the sweater before to escape to the cops when Jason was patrolling the exit, but can you even do that anymore since they patched out sweater cancelling?

I have seen many players do this... and it still works, just do not be too close to him when you use it... Some people can mash that button much quicker than others... and against someone using a macro, it will not help you at all. It will still be a bigger help if someone else is with you to knock him to his knees and give you that extra second or two... But either way, you are regaining stamina for the entire duration of that sweater animation too... which is also a big help to any counselor that can use the sweater.

As far as "sweater cancelling".... it should never have been allowed in the first place, Jason is mistaking this counselor for his mother... The moment they break character (by canceling the animation), the stun should end... And I feel the same way about other animation cancelations... Try stopping an axe swing mid way through a swing for instance. I guarantee you it will not work well for you.
   In a game like this, if the control scheme for something is not in the keymapping or controller layout, it was unintentional... when it is intentional, it IS LISTED... It is also an unfair advantage over other players that do not know how to use this BECAUSE it is not in the controller layout or keymapping... And a counselor being able to cancel any of their animations while Jason can cancel non... is a grotesque inballance… let alone the fact that it IS CHEATING... Just as in anything else when you have an unfair advantage over ANYBODY else... it is considered "cheating".

On 3/21/2019 at 10:25 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I'm not helping you kill a lv 1 Jason no matter how nicely you ask, as I believe it to be an excellent way to run off new players that may have been willing to hang around and improve.

I can dig  that, but one thing is not helping, another thing is deliberately find and USE the sweater not for your sake, but just to fuck up the hunting team, whose members may or may not be as naive as Jason :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

I can dig  that, but one thing is not helping, another thing is deliberately find and USE the sweater not for your sake, but just to fuck up the hunting team, whose members may or may not be as naive as Jason :)

Again, if it's a lobby full of tea-baggers and dancers, I will gleefully fuck up  your Jason-kill every single time if possible.

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2019 at 8:21 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Again, if it's a lobby full of tea-baggers and dancers, I will gleefully fuck up  your Jason-kill every single time if possible.

You guys should reeeeeeeeeeeeeally get over the whole tea-bagging-dancing thing. Seriously, I hope you are not this easy to troll irl.
If a five year old calls me "Poopie-head" I just laugh and shrug it off, I don't beat the crap out of him. Also, trolling is blatantly a tactic, and by losing your cool/focusing on them you are giving them exactly what they want.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

You guys should reeeeeeeeeeeeeally get over the whole tea-bagging-dancing thing. Seriously, I hope you are not this easy to troll irl.
If a five year old calls me "Poopie-head" I just laugh and shrug it off, I don't beat the crap out of him. Also, trolling is blatantly a tacting, and by losing your cool/focusing on them you are giving them exactly what they want.

They WANT a Bunny Girl to royally fuck up their Jason-kill attempt? I think not...