Sign in to follow this  
Big Daddy J

Could more outfits be added to the game if they used already existing assets?

On 3/27/2019 at 11:35 AM, Big Daddy J said:

The rage indicator was made up of assets already in the game, the mask icon from the lobby, and Pamela's laugh from the outro.

The loading screen text... actually that's the one thing I can't explain. Wes himself said that adding text to the game was new content, which is why they couldn't put Roy in the Virtual Cabin. So I don't know. @mattshotcha any input on this?

I can look further into this, but if I'm not mistaken it's due to the text being a tool tip, not a creative piece.

On 4/3/2019 at 11:03 AM, mattshotcha said:

I can look further into this, but if I'm not mistaken it's due to the text being a tool tip, not a creative piece.

That would be great, I'd love to know. Also would love to hear what you think about the initial idea I made this topic for! :)

On 4/6/2019 at 2:58 PM, Big Daddy J said:

That would be great, I'd love to know. Also would love to hear what you think about the initial idea I made this topic for! :)

That's a much bigger topic. Not only does it start to get intertwined in the greater content topic, but it also is not a switch flip and would require some type of interface, UI, etc.

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

That's a much bigger topic. Not only does it start to get intertwined in the greater content topic, but it also is not a switch flip and would require some type of interface, UI, etc.

Forgive me, but how do clothes require a UI? I don't understand what you mean. Wouldn't these basically just be texture swaps? The game was doing this accidentally on it's own at one point. Not saying I think you are lying or anything, just saying I don't get what you mean.

6 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Forgive me, but how do clothes require a UI? I don't understand what you mean. Wouldn't these basically just be texture swaps? The game was doing this accidentally on it's own at one point. Not saying I think you are lying or anything, just saying I don't get what you mean.

Because we'll need to add an area for users to edit those clothes and create customs. Or am I misunderstanding the request?

On 4/3/2019 at 11:03 AM, mattshotcha said:

Please get Roy into VC 2! We need all Jasons in. Can we also have a glass case in the VC 2 with Pamela's sweater and head that laughs like she does in game when you press E? It would be using existing assets since the cutscene/rage mode laugh would be used.

9 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Because we'll need to add an area for users to edit those clothes and create customs. Or am I misunderstanding the request?

I wasn't talking about letting us make clothes, I was simply saying that you guys could add some "new" clothes to the game using already existing assets. Basically just adding pictures that are already in the game onto the shirts and stuff like that. Having the different Jason masks/ portraits on the clothes for example. Similar to what the glitch was doing back when that was still a thing. It would also give us something to unlock if you raise the level cap. There is a lot of cool things in the game you could put on the shirts. Different Jason portraits, masks, things like books covers and posters, etc.

I think mattshotcha is referring to the icons you select when choosing clothing. They couldn't add new ones, so the only way to make it work is if they could recycle existing ones.