Sign in to follow this  
Big Daddy J

Could more outfits be added to the game if they used already existing assets?

Posted (edited)

Technically speaking, they aren't adding new ASSests, they are beefing up existing ones. Not screen accurate but whatevs.  To the OP, pallet swaps seem doable.

@The Milwauking Dead

Every 3d model contains a wireframe grid called a mesh. The point at which 2 lines intersect is called a vertex or vertices when referring to multiple. What they have done is move these points around to make Victoria's butt more supple. Hope this helps.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

They are not creating a whole new model only to change her butt, they are editing existing geometry. Your thought process is clear, however it is incorrect.

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Yeah. I don’t get that. They are technically importing new models. So..... what’s the Jason X excuse now???

This was Wes' response to a very similar question on Twitter:

Wes Keltner  🔜 PAX EastVerified account @weskeltner Mar 22

No. Patches are for bug fix, maintenance, stability, balance. We can't add anything new. Pushing vertices around via 3D sculpt isn't "new" if that makes sense.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

This was Wes' response to a very similar question on Twitter:

Wes Keltner  🔜 PAX EastVerified account @weskeltner Mar 22

No. Patches are for bug fix, maintenance, stability, balance. We can't add anything new. Pushing vertices around via 3D sculpt isn't "new" if that makes sense.

Ok then 🤷🏼‍♂️

36 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Ok then 🤷🏼‍♂️

I cant make sense out of any of this situation. Guess that's why I'm not a lawyer, lol. To me it looks like they should have no reason why JX cant be added to the game. But they say it cant, and they are the ones losing money because of it, so they must not be able to.

6 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Yeah. I don’t get that. They are technically importing new models. So..... what’s the Jason X excuse now???

Actually its not new content , it could count as fixing , cuz the number and features of counselors will remain the same , sort of .

I fully support bringing big butts to the game :D

I think any new slot/ Name/number of Jason/counselors or new stuff throughout the map would be considered new content ^^

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Technically speaking, they aren't adding new ASSests, they are beefing up existing ones. Not screen accurate but whatevs.  To the OP, pallet swaps seem doable.

@The Milwauking Dead

Every 3d model contains a wireframe grid called a mesh. The point at which 2 lines intersect is called a vertex or vertices when referring to multiple. What they have done is move these points around to make Victoria's butt more supple. Hope this helps.

They have to export a new model from their editing software and have that overwrite the old one. That's new because they have to make a new model. How is this not clear?

20 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

They are not creating a whole new model only to change her butt, they are editing existing geometry. Your thought process is clear, however it is incorrect.

They are replacing an existing model with a new one. Doesn't matter if it is the old model or if they replaced it with Godzilla. Doesn't matter. They have to make a "new" model with their editing software and have it replace the existing one. That's new. Plain and simple.

8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They have to export a new model from their editing software and have that overwrite the old one. That's new because they have to make a new model. How is this not clear?

Incorrect. It's a modification on the currently existing model. It's not a whole new model.

On 3/25/2019 at 12:11 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They are making a new model for Victoria with a bigger butt. It's not accurate to the snooty girl in Part 7 since she was slim but whatever. It's 2019 so gotta make every girl thicc even though that wasn't in vogue in the 80s.

I don't think the size of her butt is the issue. It's how the pants are currently not fitting the butt and making her look a little funny. I couldn't care less cuz I don't play the game to get off on how the counselor butts look, but what ever they think needs fixed as thats all were getting now anyways is fixes...

41 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Incorrect. It's a modification on the currently existing model. It's not a whole new model.

But what he’s saying is they aren’t just modifying the model that is actually in the game now. They are modifying it elsewhere. Then they have to import it and completely replace the current in game existing model. Which is true. That’s what he means. 

1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

But what he’s saying is they aren’t just modifying the model that is actually in the game now. They are modifying it elsewhere. Then they have to import it and completely replace the current in game existing model. Which is true. That’s what he means. 

Does not matter. They are replacing the model with THE SAME MODEL. Just slightly modified. If they replaced it with a new model, that would be a no go.

6 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Does not matter. They are replacing the model with THE SAME MODEL. Just slightly modified. If they replaced it with a new model, that would be a no go.

This

15 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

So then why did they give up on modifying the retro Jason once the lawsuit stuff started?

Just now, The Milwauking Dead said:

So then why did they give up on modifying the retro Jason once the lawsuit stuff started? 

What? They were going to make him a whole new separate Jason. Not comparable to this situation at all.

1 hour ago, Big Daddy J said:

What? They were going to make him a whole new separate Jason. Not comparable to this situation at all.

Were they? As far as I knew, they were just going to rework his existing model. 

2 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

I thought they were just going to rework his stats. They were actually going to change his appearance? That would have been interesting. 

6 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I thought they were just going to rework his stats. They were actually going to change his appearance? That would have been interesting. 

Model probably would have been the same. But they were going to make him a separate Jason with unique stats, and probably new kills for him I assume.

6 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll do a Beyond episode on it.

Just now, Big Daddy J said:

Model probably would have been the same. But they were going to make him a seperate Jason. unique stats, and probably new kills for him I assume.

I’d have settled for that, was hoping he’d have his own mode though. 

5 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

Do you not get how 3D modeling works? You export a model from the software. That model is "new." Doesn't matter if you imported an existing model and changed it a little. Once you export the model it will say "file created on (insert current date)" in Windows Explorer. If that date is more recent than the date of the original file, that's "new." A "new" model doesn't have to be "an entirely original model that did not exist in a previous form prior to the current date." Once you export the model from the editing software, that file is a new file, period.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Do you not get how 3D modeling works? You export a model from the software. That model is "new." Doesn't matter if you imported an existing model and changed it a little. Once you export the model it will say "file created on (insert current date)" in Windows Explorer. If that date is more recent than the date of the original file, that's "new." A "new" model doesn't have to be "an entirely original model that did not exist in a previous form prior to the current date." Once you export the model from the editing software, that file is a new file, period.

You’re splitting hairs in the most asinine way, just so you know. Not sure what you want to achieve, should nothing be fixed?

We get you’re disappointed but picking at that scab isn’t going to make you feel better, it’s just going to make it bleed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a question,if they can't add anything to the game,how could they have added new text about the rage and added a flashing Jason mask on the mini map when he gets rage. Doesn't that fall under "new" content?

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You’re splitting hairs in the most asinine way, just so you know. Not sure what you want to achieve, should nothing be fixed?

We get you’re disappointed but picking at that scab isn’t going to make you feel better, it’s just going to make it bleed. 

And I think you're being too forgiving but to each their own.

4 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

And I think you're being too forgiving but to each their own.

I’ve said it before, although I don’t always live up to it myself... What you’re doing isn’t going to motivate them to change their minds. It isn’t about being forgiving or being right, it’s about getting them back to work. Nitpicking over character models is a waste of time and energy, but it’s your time so do what you want with it. You are wrong in this instance but no one needs change your mind, you’re doing it because they suck at community interaction and your feelings are hurt. I get it, but I’m not interested in humouring it. 

I will say to each there own in return and move on now though. 

15 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I have a question,if they can't add anything to the game,how could they have added new text about the rage and added a flashing Jason mask on the mini map when he gets rage. Doesn't that fall under "new" content?

The rage indicator was made up of assets already in the game, the mask icon from the lobby, and Pamela's laugh from the outro.

The loading screen text... actually that's the one thing I can't explain. Wes himself said that adding text to the game was new content, which is why they couldn't put Roy in the Virtual Cabin. So I don't know. @mattshotcha any input on this?