Sign in to follow this  
Big Daddy J

Could more outfits be added to the game if they used already existing assets?

So, somebody posted this video showing off the old glitch that allowed to get different textures on the outfits, and it got me thinking... would it be possible to add new outfits if they were completely made up of things already in the game?

They already did something similar when they created the "new" rage indicator, which was made up of the lobby mask icon and Pamela's laugh from the outro. If they could reuse assets like that to make new clothes, think of the possibilities. It's true that they could not make any new outfits that use a different model like the swim suits and Halloween costumes do, but they could make a lot of new T shirt designs using the outfits that already exist. It would really cool if we could all the different Jasons on shirts, like Part 4 is in the video thumbnail. Think about Adam having the different Jason faces on the back of his jackets! They could even potentially give us different color outfits as long as the colors are in the game, maybe we could finally get Victoria an all white or all black power suit. Tons of different images and masks and all kinds of stuff could be put on the clothes. And best of all, I know that a lot of people want the level cap raised, and this would actually give them a reason to do that, as we will actually unlock new things as we level up.

What do you guys think, would this be something you would be interested in seeing?

@mattshotcha I would love to know if something like this would be at all possible!

• Like 3

That’s an awesome idea. The Jason face on the shirt in the thumb for the video looks sick! I would totally have my counselor rocking a Jason shirt, lol. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

That’s an awesome idea. The Jason face on the shirt in the thumb for the video looks sick! I would totally have my counselor rocking a Jason shirt, lol. 

Same. Put Part 7 Jason all over my shirt. lol

11 minutes ago, DeadDuck said:

No new content what so ever , do you hear that ? 

Did you not read my post? Or are you just trolling?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Would be nice for sure. Re-texturing/re-skinning existing clothes should be easily doable, heck I've done some reskin mods myself in the past for some of my pc games. All you have to do is extract the clothing's textures and convert them to PNG. Next step is to edit them on Adobe Photoshop at your heart's desire. Finally re-pack it in the game's folder and voila!

Now the question is, do the devs want to do this or can they do it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

Now the question is, do the devs want to do this or can they do it?

You read my mind with this question.

13 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

You read my mind with this question.

Time for you to wear a tin foil hat 😉

2 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

Time for you to wear a tin foil hat 😉

Reading minds isn't such a bad thing, when it comes to situations like this. For some of my more sinister thoughts, I'll keep the tin foil hat close by.

• Haha 1

New outfits would make me so happy. I'm still bummed we never got the lingerie pack. 😢

15 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

New outfits would make me so happy. I'm still bummed we never got the lingerie pack. 😢

I think it would be a ‘nice’ gesture if in the next patch Tiff’s and Adam’s outfits showed up in everyone’s files, I believe they’re both in the SPC’s and could be given away just cause. They’re no worse or risqué than Chads Banana Hammock. I don’t think you see any others but if they’re is they could be included too. 

Technically Gun Media could recycle existing colors/patterns without much effort or it being considered new content, it's just the matter of whether it's worthwhile to them or not.

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think it would be a ‘nice’ gesture if in the next patch Tiff’s and Adam’s outfits showed up in everyone’s files, I believe they’re both in the SPC’s and could be given away just cause. They’re no worse or risqué than Chads Banana Hammock

Um, I don't recall Adam wearing any new outfit in any of the challenges. He was nude two times, if that's what you meant.

2 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Um, I don't recall Adam wearing any new outfit in any of the challenges. He was nude two times, if that's what you meant.

lol, that would be called his “birthday suit”

• Haha 1

Like I said when I linked that video.

Its one of the glitches they didn't need to fix, but somehow took priority and it got quickly fixed compared to other actual gamebreaking glitches.

4 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

In my defence, my eyes don’t tend to even see Adam in frame when there’s a Tiff or AJ, lol. I honestly thought he had briefs on in the tent.

I also don’t think nudity is a big deal, so a streaker Adam wouldn’t bother me.

Edit - cute Dragon, cute.

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

so a streaker Adam wouldn’t bother me.

As long as it's like a naked Ken doll from Mattel's Barbie line and he is not anatomically correct, lol. I don't think they would be able to get away with that.

10 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

As long as it's like a naked Ken doll from Mattel's Barbie line and he is not anatomically correct, lol. I don't think they would be able to get away with that.

A flaccid penis is only PG, you don’t get into PG13 till there are tits. Not sure where it falls on the video game scale.

If a sequel ever gets made, I’d like it to have more adult content, drug use and nudity at least. I’m still sad I didn’t get a shower kill in SPC’s, I thought it being randomly male or female would have been funny, and maybe a chance to catch two Counselors in the shower. 

I don’t think sex needs to be doable in the game, just to be clear. I don’t think it would lead anywhere good. Going back almost a year, I did make suggestions about how to do paired emotes, and I still think that would be a good way to allow players to consent to contact from other players. 

Ken dolls would be funny though.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:24 PM, BFizzle said:

I think it's better to call it the "pajamas" pack. I can't really envision Buggzy or Eric in lingerie. And I'd like to keep it that way if I'm being honest.

• Haha 1

Just now, Big Daddy J said:

I think it's better to call it the "pajamas" pack. I can't really envision Buggzy or Eric in lingerie. And I'd like to keep it that way if I'm being honest.

Sorry for going off topic, I’ll call it the PJ Pack from now on.

On 3/23/2019 at 11:22 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Sorry for going off topic, I’ll call it the PJ Pack from now on.

I was just joking, you can call it whatever you like. lol

On 3/21/2019 at 2:16 PM, DeadDuck said:

No new content what so ever , do you hear that ? 

And yet they modify the butts and say that doesn't count, even though they have to export a new model from their 3D modeling software and then have that model overwrite the existing, smaller-butted version. At this point I think they're tooling with us and they never intended to finish the game. They wanted to abandon ship and they needed an excuse.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

And yet they modify the butts and say that doesn't count, even though they have to export a new model from their 3D modeling software and then have that model overwrite the existing, smaller-butted version. At this point I think they're tooling with us and they never intended to finish the game. They wanted to abandon ship and they needed an excuse.

Smaller butted versions wtf?

On 3/22/2019 at 6:54 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

You must not have played Conan: Exiles. Lol

13 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yeah. I don’t get that. They are technically importing new models. So..... what’s the Jason X excuse now???

5 hours ago, DeadDuck said:

Smaller butted versions wtf?

They are making a new model for Victoria with a bigger butt. It's not accurate to the snooty girl in Part 7 since she was slim but whatever. It's 2019 so gotta make every girl thicc even though that wasn't in vogue in the 80s.

3 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Yeah. I don’t get that. They are technically importing new models. So..... what’s the Jason X excuse now???

Yeah, all they needed was an excuse to jump ship, unfinished assets be damned. Then they tool us by making more assets and saying they can't add more. I don't buy it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1