Sign in to follow this  
malloymk

What if Tommy came in later

With it being relatively easy to kill Jason, I thought of a simple fix. What if Tommy only came into the game when there was one survivor left. He cam either help them escape or help kill Jason (if the survivor is female). 

Right now kill squads are just maining Bugzy and kamakazi'ing Jason to get the mask off. It actually behouths them to get killed in the process so they're more likely to respawn as Tommy.

If Tommy spawned at the end it's less likely that a kill squad member would respawn as there would be more players in the pool to respawn as Tommy. It would likely prevent people from going into the shack until later in the game as you would become a greater target for Jason if he can kill the sweater girl with no risk of getting killed. This also becomes a pretty solid Jason buff as obviously he just simply doesn't have to deal with Tommy until later.

Just my thoughts. I'm sure there are some draw backs involved too. Let me know what you think.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

@malloymk this is a great idea! I challenge anyone to name any Friday the 13th movie where Jason is killed in the opening minutes. He is always killed in the last few minutes of every movie. Killing Jason is often a priority at the start of a match and this shouldn't be the case. Easy fix.

Counselors are more than capable of escaping on their own. Tommy's purpose is to kill Jason.

Edited by F134Ever86

I don’t agree with tommy coming in late. He’s a hero character. And the people who use him as a hero to save other counselors will put this use as him to be useless. I like trying to save as many counselors as I can when I’m tommy... 

• Like 1

The drawback is that people will leave the match rather than waiting to be Tommy or hunting parties becoming team killing drivers to clear the field of randoms, so they can try. 

I’m not sure it will do anything positive, even if it is a good suggestion. @malloymk, if it had been like that from a year ago it might have done something good but as is, 🤷‍♂️. There’s also this...

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

I don’t agree with tommy coming in late. He’s a hero character. And the people who use him as a hero to save other counselors will put this use as him to be useless. I like trying to save as many counselors as I can when I’m tommy... 

Not a bad idea.

Alternative solutions...

1. Sweater girl can't use the sweater unless she and Tommy are the only ones left alive

2. Jason can pickup his mask if knocked off, if he does...it becomes much harder to knock it off...call it 50/75 percent more difficult. Machetes or quick demaskers will break after one swing if he puts his mask back on. Think of it as kill protection. You don't pay attention to his mask and he gets it back...good luck.

I disagree. Tommy's main objective is to save other counselors so what's the point of Tommy showing up when there's nobody left to save? Not everyone plays in a kill squad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mike-hannigan said:

I disagree. Tommy's main objective is to save other counselors so what's the point of Tommy showing up when there's nobody left to save? Not everyone plays in a kill squad.

I really appreciate the tommy players that make saving others a priority

That’s a horrible idea. 

Tommy coming in with one person left, do you REALLY think ANY Jason player would be dumb enough to leave a female as the final survivor? No.

The best solution is something that has already been shot down (or so I’ve heard) & that would be putting the tommy house on Jason’s map, that would Give Jason a FAIR chance to deny players the opportunity to call tommy. 

6 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

That’s a horrible idea. 

Tommy coming in with one person left, do you REALLY think ANY Jason player would be dumb enough to leave a female as the final survivor? No.

The best solution is something that has already been shot down (or so I’ve heard) & that would be putting the tommy house on Jason’s map, that would Give Jason a FAIR chance to deny players the opportunity to call tommy. 

They won’t put the tommy house on Jason’s map, they’ve talked about it already. But the box could start in a broken state. So they can’t call tommy right when the match begins

sorry @Slasher_Clone for double posting

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

They won’t put the tommy house on Jason’s map, they’ve talked about it already. But the box could start in a broken state. So they can’t call tommy right when the match begins

I really hope they do, it makes sense.

PS. Stop double posting, edit and use the plus button to collect quotes. Makes work for our Mods, and my only hope to not be one is that none quit, lol.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I really hope they do, it makes sense.

PS. Stop double posting, edit and use the plus button to collect quotes. Makes work for our Mods, and my only hope to not be one is that none quit, lol.

You'd make a good mod!

• Like 1

Hold on guys , hold on , first of all killing Jason ain't easy , it depends on what kind of jason u're up against.

Against 150 lvl MFs like me with a spoon of luck to get to that Tommy Tower's electricity box first , your chances are almost none.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:08 PM, malloymk said:

Right now kill squads are just maining Bugzy and kamakazi'ing Jason to get the mask off. It actually behouths them to get killed in the process so they're more likely to respawn as Tommy.

The problem with Tommy coming in too late... the kill squads will have his mask off by then anyway... and it leaves Tommy unable to help others for those of us who do not bother trying to kill Jason. This really only leaves one option to use Tommy for... or at least, only one player to help escape.
     Alternatively... Tommy does not come into any match until a specific time, which cannot be altered by the counselors... like fifteen minutes into a match. This would then give Jason a chance, mask or no mask to kill everyone before Tommy could arrive... Like really, where is Tommy when he receives this call? Sometimes it seems as though he was already on his way there anyway.
    This also limits what you can use Tommy for too much in my opinion. The players in every match are not necessarily even going to try to kill Jason.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:22 PM, DontZzz34 said:

I fully agree... and I play Tommy the same way, helping everyone else that I can in any way I can... without bothering to take the easy way out and kill Jason. That is the real challenge when playing Tommy... How many times in a night can you save everyone that was still alive when you spawned in as Tommy, without taking the easy way out and killing Jason?... I bet the number of times ANYONE can pull this off will be WAY lower than how many Jason kills they can get in a night... which by definition makes it more challenging.
   Tommy was never the problem... getting Jason's mask off so easily is the problem.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:08 PM, BlkHawk said:

that would be putting the tommy house on Jason’s map, that would Give Jason a FAIR chance to deny players the opportunity to call tommy. 

As I said above...Tommy was never the problem... getting Jason's mask off so easily is the problem.

@Ahab good to see you use tommy the same way as I do. It is challenging, especially when Jason hits rage. But when u do the hero job successfully it’s a good feeling. 😄

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:00 PM, DontZzz34 said:

@Ahab good to see you use tommy the same way as I do. It is challenging, especially when Jason hits rage. But when u do the hero job successfully it’s a good feeling. 😄

It is far more challenging than the "other" alternative... When something is a challenge, it is far more rewarding when you accomplish it... and that is always a good feeling.