Sign in to follow this  
Dolemite

John Carl Buechler - R.I.P.

John Carl Buechler, veteran make-up artist and director responsible for Friday The 13th Part 7: The New Blood, passed away Monday at 1am at the age of 66 after a long and expensive battle with prostate cancer. He left behind a wife, three kids, and thousands of dollars in medical bills. You can contribute to a memorial fund to help them out in their time of need, if you so wish: https://www.gofundme.com/help-john-buechler

This is such a bummer. The man was a legend when it came to practical effects and Part 7 is easily one of the best films in the franchise. Plus, if it wasn't for John, we wouldn't have gotten Kane as Jason. No one deserves to go out the way he did.  :(

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We lost a good one. I watched the new blood last night for the millionth time in his honor. It never gets old.

• Like 2

Another legend has passed on leaving a legacy that will continue to inspire new F/x masters. I always enjoyed when he was interviewed for special features for his movies or for the F13 franchise Documentaries, you really could see and hear how passionate he was about his craft.

His talents can’t be understated.

Truly sorry for the families loss.

RIP Mr. Buechler.

• Like 2

Huge resume this man had. I find it sad he is just categorized towards F13 when he created effects for Stuart Gordon in Re-Animator and From Beyond. 

Long time contributor with Charles Band.

Garbage Pail Kids, TerrorVision, Ghoulies and a movie that is now catching on - Cellar Dwellar. 

Nightmare on Elm Street Part 4:Dream Warrior. Halloween 4-6. This man touched our hearts and minds in more ways than most realize.

Thanks John Carl Buechler for everything you have given us. RIP

• Like 1

I Just saw Slash n Cast is doing an event on Youtube to raise funds for him and his family. Very nice of them. Good people in my opinion!

My condolences to the family of John Carl Buechler.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear this,liked his work in the above mentioned Friday,Nightmare and Halloween movies that I have.He will be missed.

1 hour ago, jade said:

Sorry to hear this,liked his work in the above mentioned Friday,Nightmare and Halloween movies that I have.He will be missed.

He was a legend just like Tom Savini is. :(