Sign in to follow this  
ExpertDual

Perk balancing ideas?

What do you think should be done to balance the perks? I just thought up an idea that they tie Perks to the type of Jason you are up against. Like if you had thickskin it would only trigger if you were up against a Weapon Strength Jason. Or if you had motorboating the perk wouldn't activate vs Part 2 or a Part 4 Jason. Same if you had a car perk versus -Morph and -Shift Jason. Or if Jason had -Sense Sense Avoidance perks wouldn't work as well. Sucker punch and damage boost perks wouldn't work on -Defense Jasons. I think Legendary Bonuses should stay on no matter what though. I rock Thickskin, Speed Demon, Lightfoot and pre-rage buff my solo escape/survive the night ratio was like 90% in QP. 

That’d be making people perk set ups useless, that’s the issue I have with it. If you use a perk, it should work, not it will only work against certain jasons

I think making the perks only useful as counters to specific Jason’s is to far. I’m all for balancing but not a the cost of players choice, and whichever perks work would become the new meta.

Sorry I can’t be more supportive but it’s not a good idea to mess with it like this.

A lot of perks have always been useless, like anything to do with swimming, hiding in tents, etc. I'd argue perks related to stunning also have limited use after the last patch. I used Sucker Punch most of the time previously, but now the perk doesn't do anything after the first 5-10 minutes of the match (can't increase stun chance on Jason after he's in rage).

I'm sure some people here have passed 1 million CP and have nothing to spend it on with the crap perk system. I have 600k myself.