Sir Jack

Confessions of Jason Killer

27 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

to avoid letting them taking your mask in the first place, maybe by BLOCKING.

You are aware that your mask can be knocked off while in block aren’t you?

• Like 1

People should look at the past to realize Gun Media just didn't value or understand how their game worked. Illfonic probably had a better idea, but got vetoed time and time again.

For instance. A lot of the pre beta hype was based around hiding, NOT fighting or trying to kill Jason. What happened? Hiding was found out to be a weak mechanic due to Sense toggle and even after TWO YEARS. They have done absolutely nothing to buff stealth/hide and seek gameplay to give that kind of style more merit. Repair characters have value, but its only early/mid game value. Once Jason has shift, a decent amount of knives and obviously rage/even before the buff, those characters had less value especially if they couldn't escape via the cops.

There was never any hype about wanting to fight or kill Jason other than the brief mention of being able to fight back.

As it turned out. Fighting Jason was the most valued mechanic for counselor. My guess is during 'playtesting'. Illfonic played Jason and since Gunmedia didn't how to play the game, the Illfonic Jason would wipe those guys time and time again.

Counselors still own combat, with all the random changes to Jason gameplay like removing body blocking, quick block, etc. The fact that they can still swing through Jason's swings and suffer no penalty because of it whereas Jason takes the stun is perhaps the most damaging. Traps are merely Jason alarms due to med/hypo/thick skin, they only serve to tell Jason something is happening because by the time Jason morphs there, the counselor has already had time to run and heal if need be and that's even if they tank two traps. Knives are one of Jasons best weapons, but they lack numbers on the garbage small maps and you run out of them eventually.

Stalk is too much of a late game power, whereas its use could be more beneficial early game but they have already said they won't change it. They won't be changing the Tommy radio location for Jason, etc.

When you watch the recent streams, its obvious they still worry about 'balancing' whereas the tune before launch was Jason was supposed to be stronger. They are scared of alienating whatever is left of the playerbase with anything that comes off as too drastic. Which is why they probably ignored the Jason killing aspect and instead focused on rage and its why the next major change (if at all) won't come for months.

I will say rage does at least feel more powerful now in QP instead of the joke it was before when Jason blows down a door only to be stunned. That was just the prime example of why it was so underpowered. At least now when a counselor goes for a window, you can fake a shift/grab or shift/slash at the window and instead rage shift through a door and grab them before they know what hit them. That feels powerful at least because they can't get a free stun anymore from being in a cabin.

8 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

I mean blocking as Jason isn't intuitive. You really have to enter combat stance and hold R1. If every Jason could block with one button press they could just charge any counselor

I completely agree. I feel the problem with block it's time consuming.  

Just now, Vanessaismymain said:

I completely agree. I feel the problem with block it's time consuming.  

The other problem is if you're not host, there's a delay to actually getting it off.

On host, you can block instantly.  Off host, that delay makes the mask come off in seconds. 

8 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You are aware that your mask can be knocked off while in block aren’t you?

It takes ten times the time. Unless you have a Jason with -Defense and in that case it's you who accepted the risk in the first place

11 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Right, they all control the killing process...but as Jason you don't have control over any of them besides flat out doing nothing but hiding in the water. 

Are you going to not chase anyone?  Are you not going to break down a cabin door?  Are you not going to attempt to kill anyone? 

No.
Like literally just now I've played a match where a level 40 Jason, SIMPLY by cutting off the power, prevented Jarvis to spawn until the last girl was dead.
It was a 5 men killing team with 3 lvl 150.
I'm sorry, but you are wrong.

And as for the cabin door, do you really fall for that still? You just have to chop it down in combat stance and then retreat.

8 minutes ago, SirMang said:

As I've stated previously, I'd like to make it so killing Jason isn't the easiest method for counselors to "win" 

There needs to be some balancing done.  Give Jason more HP.  Have weapons do less damage.  Make it so he can't be killed in the first five minutes of a match.  Have less machetes/axes/shotguns in a match.  Give Jason a way to put his mask back on.  Maybe not all of those implemented but some of it. 

DbD does well and you can't even attack the killer, I prefer Friday to it even with it's shortcomings mainly because of the combat and the fact there's more to do than just repair generators.  But DbD does build tension and has that aura of horror way better than this game does. 

USA and Canada servers don't have the same problems as EU servers apparently, btw. 

I am afraid you are comparing two things that are NOT the same.

Killing Jason easier than repairing? Come on... 

Five counselors with good coordination will repair and run away EXTREMELY easy, what can Jason do really against them? 

They can stun him so the other can do objectives and then one or two good drivers will evade Jason most time while driving away.

You CAN always create a scenario where Jason loses against coordinated teams because it is the nature of the game 5 vs 1 or even 7 vs 1 what can you do?

The only option for Jason to cope with that scenario would be to have Jason to be unstoppable most of the game, until the last character and/or Tommy. This would mean, no stuns unless you have a firing weapon which you would limit to one each, 1 shotgun, flare gun, and one set of firecrackers.

No funny emoticons, no dancing moves, no vomiting counselors, no speedo Chads etc

This would give you a serious tone, and possibly a serious horror game. 

I don't know who would play this game though I probably wouldn't.

As for the numbers US vs EU, the game on steam is dying everywhere, this is just a fact, it's not yet dead but the nerf to combat, a beloved aspect of the game it is, in my opinion, not a smart move for a game that ALWAYS featured combat.

Probably they should do F13 2 (assuming no lawsuit) and make Jason unstoppable, and who knows it may be a success, I doubt it but you never know

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Jack said:

No.
Like literally just now I've played a match where a level 40 Jason, SIMPLY by cutting off the power, prevented Jarvis to spawn until the last girl was dead.
It was a 5 men killing team with 3 lvl 150.
I'm sorry, but you are wrong.

And as for the cabin door, do you really fall for that still? You just have to chop it down in combat stance and then retreat.

Chopping it down in combat stance really does nothing, just so you know, once you know the timing as a counselor. 

You're just gonna get hit in combat stance instead. 

A Jason who can stop the Tommy call by simply trapping a powerbox isn't facing a good kill squad anyway.  Double trap the power box, listen as a counselor who is running thick skin and medic tanks both your traps off, heals and runs away.  You now as Jason have only one option if you don't want to be killed...babysit that power box for the entirety of the match.  Of course, you then have to hope 3 kill squad members don't descend upon you and play pinata party while someone fixes it. 

1 minute ago, SirMang said:

Chopping it down in combat stance really does nothing, just so you know, once you know the timing as a counselor. 

A Jason who can stop the Tommy call by simply trapping a powerbox isn't facing a good kill squad anyway.  Double trap the power box, listen as a counselor who is running thick skin and medic tanks both your traps off, heals and runs away.  You now as Jason have only one option if you don't want to be killed...babysit that power box for the entirety of the match.  Of course, you then have to hope 3 kill squad members don't descend upon you and play pinata party while someone fixes it. 

IF they can do that in your face do they NOT deserve a win? Shouldn't good game play be rewarded? again you want to insta win, it doesn't make much sense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SirMang said:

Lol are you serious?

I literally never get hit when I chop down doors. :D

Anyway, even if someone tanks the radio tower traps, I've usually killed 2-3 players in the meantime. No one has full control, not you or the counselors. It depends on luck too...

You are talking about "the right" killing team. You mean, good players? Players who are better than you? Becvause yeah, in that case you'll probably lose.. It happens in every game.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

Lol are you serious?

I literally never get hit when I chop down doors. :D

Anyway, even if someone tanks the radio tower traps, I've usually killed 2-3 players in the meantime. No one has full control, not you or the counselors. It depends on luck too...

You are talking about "the right" killing team. You mean, good players? Players who are better than you? Becvause yeah, in that case you'll probably lose.. It happens in every game.

I am serious and am not talking people better than you, I'm talking people on equal footing.

Are you trying to say that you cannot be hit when you're attacking in combat stance?  LOL 

You chop the door down, your weapon goes back, you get smacked as it does by a person on the other side of the door. Maybe it's just a machete and you shrug it off and then kill them.  But you've now taken one decent damage shot from a kill squad player, you've done them a favor by killing them so they can get back as Tommy and you're that much closer to being killed. 

If you're not host, you cannot get into block fast enough to stop it.  If you are host, then yes, you can. 

Either you're the best Jason player in existence, or you've never faced a kill squad who has some skill. 

Block isn't the solution that will save J-players from being killed by a decent team. I agree blocking will certainly help but that doesn't alleviate all of the J-players problems. Jason's mask comes off way too easy. Jason being killed has nothing to do with the skill of the player. I will say though... there are ways to counter being killed finding new clever ways to survive as Jason and still kill the counselors. When a squad comes after me that's when i have the most fun with stalk.  Learn to juke counselors chasing after you - I did this playing P-2. 😂😂 Talk about turning the tables lol!!!  Talk about the smile i had on my face after finishing that match. The dancing stopped. That's the day the counselor disco died 😉

16 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

IF they can do that in your face do they NOT deserve a win? Shouldn't good game play be rewarded? again you want to insta win, it doesn't make much sense

Counselors can do whatever they want, and Jason can do little to nothing to stop it. 

If you want to call that good game play, then so be it. 

11 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Counselors can do whatever they want, and Jason can do little to nothing to stop it. 

Blame the devs, I do not have power on what Jason can and cannot do. 

What made me play this game for almost two years and thousands of hours was the fact I've always considered it to be a fun time killing game. If you do so losing to a kill squad it's no big deal. 

Or so as I did, change game and find a game with more costumers support, more patches and more of a ranked reward system. 

Friday has never been that, maybe fruday part 2 could become the game that you desire. 

Good luck with that 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, SirMang said:

You can do lots of things, as I told you before.
I've been killed like ONCE in the past six months. Explain that. Keep in mind, I'm an average/mediocre Jason.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I am serious and am not talking people better than you, I'm talking people on equal footing.

Are you trying to say that you cannot be hit when you're attacking in combat stance?  LOL 

You chop the door down, your weapon goes back, you get smacked as it does by a person on the other side of the door. Maybe it's just a machete and you shrug it off and then kill them.  But you've now taken one decent damage shot from a kill squad player, you've done them a favor by killing them so they can get back as Tommy and you're that much closer to being killed. 

If you're not host, you cannot get into block fast enough to stop it.  If you are host, then yes, you can. 

Either you're the best Jason player in existence, or you've never faced a kill squad who has some skill. 

No. I chop down the door and go back so they don't hit me. And they never hit me.

I am not the best player, actually I'm average. And I've met plenty of killing squads. So the solution must be something else...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sir Jack said:

You can do lots of things, as I told you before.
I've been killed like ONCE in the past six months. Explain that. Keep in mind, I'm an average/mediocre Jason.

I’ll be happy to explain it. You have been lucky enough to not go up against coordinated kill groups. It’s that simple. 

I have been killed twice since the patch. I am an average Jason, in my opinion. Have been told by a few that I was better than average, but that’s their opinion. Both times I have been killed since patch, I knew going in what they were planning, took all the necessary precautions (trapping the Tommy house power box, trapping the shack) and they still got me. I didn’t even trap the phone or cars so that I had extra traps to re-trap the Tommy box. Didn’t work. If a kill squad wants you dead, you will die. This was the case before the patch as well. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I’ll be happy to explain it. You have been lucky enough to not go up against coordinated kill groups. It’s that simple. 

I have been killed twice since the patch. I am an average Jason, in my opinion. Have been told by a few that I was better than average, but that’s their opinion. Both times I have been killed since patch, I knew going in what they were planning, took all the necessary precautions (trapping the Tommy house power box, trapping the shack) and they still got me. I didn’t even trap the phone or cars so that I had extra traps to re-trap the Tommy box. Didn’t work. If a kill squad wants you dead, you will die. This was the case before the patch as well. 

Interesting theory. Must've been the luckiest six months of my life, considering how much I play.

Sorry, but that's not the case. You simply described a scenario in which you lost, and that can happen. It could've been a bad day, an unlucky day, or simply the opposition was better.
But to say that THERE ARE NO WAYS TO DEFEND YOURSELF IF YOU MEET AN ORGANIZED TEAM is simply exagerrated. I see that everyday.

Mehh.. The counselors still have the CLEAR upper hand.  Even in a lobby that isn't totally coordinated (Believe me they are difficult to find in QP)   Im getting killed more by traps than Jason himself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

The only thing that changed is that there are now kill squads who will kill you even faster.

The way I played pre-patch it was a leisurely goal.  Now it's Buggsy find axe, Buggsy find Jason, Jason lose mask, Buggsy die. 

That all can be accomplished within the first 2 minutes of every match.  

29 minutes ago, SirMang said:

The only thing that changed is that there are now kill squads who will kill you even faster.

The way I played pre-patch it was a leisurely goal.  Now it's Buggsy find axe, Buggsy find Jason, Jason lose mask, Buggsy die. 

That all can be accomplished within the first 2 minutes of every match.  

Lol if you lose 1 vs 1 with one Bugsy you have bigger problems than a kill squad, you should train in combat a bit more 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Lol if you lose 1 vs 1 with one Bugsy you have bigger problems than a kill squad, you should train in combat a bit more 

I still find it funny that you really think it's easier to escape than kill Jason.

If your goal is to kill Jason every round and you have 2 other people in the lobby who are on the same page as you, you'll kill him 9 times out of 10.  And 3-4 of those times, you'll have him dead in the first five minutes. 

It is easy to punish any Jason who doesn't just sit there in block.  Which is a viable strategy until the Buggsy has firecrackers and puts you in stun and then can just freely hit you til his axe or machete breaks.  Or someone else shows up with a shotgun and stuns you and then Buggsy has free reign to hit you until his axe or machete breaks. 

It doesn't matter your skill level as Jason when any of that happens.  It doesn't matter which Jason you pick when any of that happens.  Your mask is coming off.  And then 2 people are gonna throw themselves at your feet to kill them so one of them comes back as Tommy.  

You sure can choose to ignore them at that point but all they need to do is find 2 traps.  1 sets one of the traps, the other sets the other trap and you just crash through windows a few times til you're limping and then go walk into the trap placed by your pattern.  Congratulations, you now have two people dead who didn't suicide and one is coming back as Tommy. 

And most of the time against a kill squad who has any clue what they're doing, you're dying in the first five minutes. 

How you, and Jack don't realize or understand this baffles me. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I still find it funny that you really think it's easier to escape than kill Jason.

If your goal is to kill Jason every round and you have 2 other people in the lobby who are on the same page as you, you'll kill him 9 times out of 10.  And 3-4 of those times, you'll have him dead in the first five minutes. 

It is easy to punish any Jason who doesn't just sit there in block.  Which is a viable strategy until the Buggsy has firecrackers and puts you in stun and then can just freely hit you til his axe or machete breaks.  Or someone else shows up with a shotgun and stuns you and then Buggsy has free reign to hit you until his axe or machete breaks. 

It doesn't matter your skill level as Jason when any of that happens.  It doesn't matter which Jason you pick when any of that happens.  Your mask is coming off.  And then 2 people are gonna throw themselves at your feet to kill them so one of them comes back as Tommy.  

You sure can choose to ignore them at that point but all they need to do is find 2 traps.  1 sets one of the traps, the other sets the other trap and you just crash through windows a few times til you're limping and then go walk into the trap placed by your pattern.  Congratulations, you now have two people dead who didn't suicide and one is coming back as Tommy. 

And most of the time against a kill squad who has any clue what they're doing, you're dying in the first five minutes. 

How you, and Jack don't realize or understand this baffles me. 

I think you should improve your capacity as Jason, you seem in dire need of some guidance. 

At the same time, you keep comparing two situations which don't match at all. 

Escaping in a coordinated team is extremely easy, much easier than killing Jason. 

Jason cam deny the kill, worst case scenario by hiding, but he Cannot deny an escape. 

I played against plenty of Jasons which were terrifying in their skills and cleared the whole lobby despite our best efforts. If you cannot do this, maybe reconsider what you can do and improve it. 

Or do as I did and change game

Oh BTW I said Bugsy vs Jason one vs one in the previous example, not two or three vs Jason 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

There's plenty of Jason's players, they enter a lobby with Jason in preference and if they don't get Jason the dc and try again. It does happen quite a lot on ps4 eu, you suddenly see two people disappear at the start of the match. 

You cannot asssume ever single disconnect is an only Jason preference player.... I am sure there are some but for the majority of players we play counselor more than we play as Jason on any given night unless they are playing offline and once again shouldn’t affect anyone else’s game.

As for killing Jason being easy it depends on the numbers of team and the coordination I mostly did it with only one more player, just two players vs Jason with often me demadking Jason on my own, this is all documented with over 50 hours of footage. 

Further proving my point that it is indeed too easy.

At the same time if you don't like the killing example, I also have plenty of footage of me simply occupying Jason in combat for 10/15 mins per time. This was through the spectrum of bad Jasons and great Jasons. 

See above post.

And you know what? This is devs fault because I can tell you that after ten hours on the game this stopped being a horror game for me. Because the design allowed me to do so since week one.

Hence the developers changes.

And in a horror game based on slashers movies it doesnt make sense to allow the average character to fight back against the killer, its nonsense. 

I don’t see anything wrong with having the ability to fight back it’s human nature after all the problem was and is combat mechanics...not the ability to fight back.

And as much as people in this forum are praising the new patch, numbers are showing thst the game is dying

There is no factual information to prove this is the case....the polls in the forums show the majority like the changes.... yes but it’s in the Developers hands to make adjustments.

This is due to many reasons but alienating frequent players to cather random players doesn't seem a smart move to me. 

Can’t make everyone happy.

With thst said I'll go back in the shadows, since it's pointless to argue for a game I quit. 

Regards 

I am sure we will meet again in camp.

@SirMang I ran out of likes but you deserve quite a few I agree with you 100%.

39 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

wrong with having the ability to fight back it’s human nature after all the problem was and is combat mechanics...not the ability to fight back.

There is no factual information to prove this is the case....the polls in the forums show the majority like the changes.... yes but it’s in the Developers hands to make adjustments.

Well the steam numbers are clear, there's a topic which shows a big decline of the game in the last two months, so it doesn't seem to be the correct way to act according to the numbers shown 

These are the numbers mentioned, you can find the whole topic here 

"

We now have numbers for the first 2 months of 2019, and the numbers...do not look good.  Around the midpoint of December 2018, Gun Media permanently reduced the price of the game by 50%.  However, even this did nothing to staunch the hemorrhaging of players.

January 2019

Player numbers continued to slide, however, this loss percentage was more slight than previous months, possibly due to the new permanent sale price.  The average player numbers for the month were 425.4 people, with a peak number of 806 players.  

February 2019

This is the month where we start to see playerbase reductions return to their June 2018-September 2018 highs.  The average player number weas 324.1 (a reduction of almost 24% of the existing playerbase in just 28 days, and almost hitting the previous low of 318.7 from September 2018),  and a peak number of 673 (placing it in between July and August 2018 numbers)

Last 30 Days (3/12/19-2/10/19)

This 30 day period is where the numbers get even worse for the game.  In the last 4 weeks, the game has now hit a NEW LOW for both average players and peak players, with 304.1 and 596, respectively.  These numbers are lower than the lows hit in September 2018, before the massive pre-Halloween sales jacked up the figures.  It wouldn't be surprising to see the average player number sink below 300 by the end of March.

These numbers should be concerning to any fan of the game, as they ask the real questions "How long can the game hold on in its current state?" and "At what point does the game become such a money loss that even Gun can't support the upkeep and maintenance the game requires?" 

In addition to a consistently dwindling playerbase, Gun has now announced that it will be expanding the game to a 4th platform, Nintendo Switch, this spring.  Theoretically, while it may appear that they could increase their playerbase by 33% now to a 4th platform, this also theoretically means that bug fixes and patches for all consoles will come out 33% slower than before, considering they now have a new platform release to care for and debug.  Also, will a platform that has reduced graphic limitations like the Switch even CREATE a fanbase for an almost 2 year old game that has lost almost 95% of its players in that time?"

• Like 1