Sir Jack

Confessions of Jason Killer

23 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

You wanna know what the problem is? It has nothing to do with "game mechanics", "how the game was intended to be played by the devs" or "naughty counselors teaming up and turning me in a pinata Jason :_( "
The issue is simpler: 90% of Jason players are absolute simpletons who have to this day NO IDEA how to counter a Jason killing team, or a group hunting.

Just a heads up there is no such thing as Jason Mains unless they play offline at all times......so in essence you are saying 90% of all the players who play the game are “simpletons...” 

if you really want a well thought out discussion insulting the player base is a sure fire way to avoid it... and make sure people don’t take your comments seriously..... 

Everybody took my comment seriously up until now and people were having a serene discussion. Just  Saying. I wasn’t calling anyone by name, if you feel included in that “90%”’I’m sorry

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

Everybody took my comment seriously up until now and people were having a serene discussion. Just saying. 

I am sure I won’t be the last to point out the “ 90% are simpletons” comment.

also I can appreciate your points of view and your opinions which you are entitled to....

I do disagree with several.

especially the part of your post where You should preface it as Opinion not as facts....you may not believe that “ game play mechanics” or “how the game was  intended to be played by the developers.” Or Piniata Jason.” The real problems...

But the fact of the matter is the developers did have opinions about how they wanted their game to be played and did make changes to reflect them.....so they did see those things you listed as part of the problem.....and eliminated the piniata party for a portion of the match....made trolling combat favor Jason to allow his rage mode to build up faster which when active now eliminates the game mechanics that allowed Jason to be on his back for much of the match.....

so here we are....and the real problem For the game is trying to find a happy medium for the player who enjoys surviving, escaping and Killing Jason and the Player using Jason who likes to kill counselors and enjoys hunting them down with out looking like a fool in the process....

All in all the Developers are headed in the right direction...most members will agree that killing Jason is easy at this point in the games life and could use a tweak in Jasons favor...

with that I am not saying eliminate having to use smart strategy to deal with kill squads as this Is something that should be a part of the game..... just make the Kill a little harder to accomplish.

@Sir Jack apology accepted, 90% percent is definitely not a realistic number to be honest anyway 😉 .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

Guys, let’s be honest. 

What many of you are asking for is a game where as Jason you have 90% chance of killing everyone no matter the skill of the opposition. 

This is what I’m getting after the update was released like the whole community was complaining about Jason being too Op, now it’s the opposite.

you tell me how you want it done. Maybe a permanent god mode Jason who never gets stunned and whose grip can’t be broken ? 

That is not what some of us are asking for at all.

I can enter a QP lobby with 2 other people, we can all set our preference to counselor, we'll never be Jason and we'll kill Jason every round minus the occasional glitch.

What we're asking for is that the Jason kill isn't the easiest method to "win" as a counselor. 

@Sir Jack, I'm trusting that you didn't mean to insult 90% of the player base, including the forum members here. There are different playbooks for the Jason player. Your strategies will work for some players, but not others. The same holds true for the other expert Jason players as well.

@gtdjlocker311, a smart Jason can have a run of bad luck. An adaptive Jason will survive more times than not.

@woundcowboy, I agree that a loss on Jason's part doesn't necessarily make the player stupid.

@J-Ray, "bad parenting" could also explain people who come to forums complaining of players who do things they don't approve of.

You can always make friends with like-minded players from "good parenting" backgrounds and have a blast in private matches. Problem solved.

@DorianRo, the point of the patch was to prevent Jason from being on his back for 20 minutes. That was achieved. I'm pretty sure the developers are now working on fixing the part where Jason is killed easier than intended.

@Bonker2468, you're right, Jason's job is to kill the counselors. He has to be smart and strategic about it, considering the clock is ticking.

@Sir Jack, that's a tough question. As there are all kinds of people playing the game, there isn't a universal answer that would appeal to everyone. There are players who want to escape every match. There are players who want to kill Jason every match. There are players as Jason who want to clear the lobby every match. This isn't Burger King. Everyone cannot have it their way all the time.

@OCT 31 1978, I don't miss those 20 minute pinata matches. You are right about there being no such thing as a "Jason main". Now if someone said that they were a "Part 8 Jason main" or a "Part 2 Jason main", that's a different story.

@thrawn3054, I agree with the mask HP, fixing quick block, and the invincibility frames.

@SirMang, I agree that the Jason kill should be the hardest victory to achieve.

• Like 2

I mean blocking as Jason isn't intuitive. You really have to enter combat stance and hold R1. If every Jason could block with one button press they could just charge any counselor

• Like 2

I don't really see the point of the complaint here, once a game allows fighting back or killing the killer it is obvious that some people may decide to master that and use it to their advantage.

IF the intention of the devs was to have a scary unbeatable Jason they should have done so from day 1 BUT that's not how the game went.

Once you allow Jason to be stunned by counselors with 1 point of strength with pots and branches you are part of the problem.

Second thing to be noted is that, no matter how powerful is the villain but if a player learns to fight with a counselor better than the Jason player it makes sense that they can destroy him and no amount of buffs will change this. As an example I am an average killer in DBD and when I run into survivors (who cannot essentially really fight back) I sometimes encounter situations where the survivor is uncatchable and I need to give up the chase.  In this scenario, that survivor is simply way better than I am right now and so be it.

I have roughly 400 Jason kills with my team, and we mostly play in 2 or 3 people, and the reason why we often win is due to coordination and having done the same actions over and over again until they are mastered. We often win (well used to because I quit f13 but that's another story) sometimes we lose due to Jason disrupting the kill conditions, in which case GG Jason.

With a larger group you may have 4/5 people who are coordinated and have mastered the steps of the kill and combat it is unlikely to win period. that's because it is a 5 vs 1 scenario what do you expect?

The game was designed with flaws, do 5 vs 1 without possibility of fighting back and you will get a different game (which I wouldn't like) but it would probably be more of a horror game than the one we have. 

See this clip, which is pre patch and watch the Chad player, he is basically unkillable, when he plays with us and he is part of the team UNLESS WE MESS UP the sweater a regular Jason cannot win, why? he is up against thousands of hours of gameplay.

I think that's fair, so the problems with this game came from the design, once combat was part of the equation you could have expected Jason to be defeated/bested in some cases.

IF the purpose was a horror game, the execution is poor

I am the Vanessa player BTW 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

IF the intention of the devs was to have a scary unbeatable Jason they should have done so from day 1 BUT that's not how the game went.

Umm it kind of almost was that day 1.He wasn't completely unbeatable BUT it took the original devs 70+ tries to accomplish the feat and they knew the game better than anyone here period. Almost every patch since day 1 it seemed Jason got a little or big nerf.To messing with the windows,messing with the grab,messing with combat stance,the list goes on to the point it is now. My opinion of course. Now one very experienced Tommy and a total new player can pull off a kill.Slash and Cast have done it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Umm it kind of almost was that day 1.He wasn't completely unbeatable BUT it took the original devs 70+ tries to accomplish the feat and they knew the game better than anyone here period. Almost every patch since day 1 it seemed Jason got a little or big nerf.To messing with the windows,messing with the grab,messing with combat stance,the list goes on to the point it is now. My opinion of course. Now one very experienced Tommy and a total new player can pull off a kill.Slash and Cast have done it.

With the sue respect, That is not correct I am afraid. 

Since week one on console you could stun Jason efficiently, and the stuns were even longer than now (no perks involved) even too long tbh. 

After  the first games when the novelty and the fear were wearing off, the game has always been a funny game more than a horror. 

Keep in mind that I loved the game the way it was until this last pstch, I never cared about a strong Jason but the fact that the devs allowed teenagers to stun Jason easily simply invalidates the fact that the game is supposed to be horror. 

Especially when they allowed funny dance moves, Chad in speedo, bunny Deborah and so on. 

The game was a casual fun game, not certainly Alien isolation 

12 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

But the fact of the matter is the developers did have opinions about how they wanted their game to be played and did make changes to reflect them.....so they did see those things you listed as part of the problem.....and eliminated the piniata party for a portion of the match....made trolling combat favor Jason to allow his rage mode to build up faster which when active now eliminates the game mechanics that allowed Jason to be on his back for much of the match.....

so here we are....and the real problem For the game is trying to find a happy medium for the player who enjoys surviving, escaping and Killing Jason and the Player using Jason who likes to kill counselors and enjoys hunting them down with out looking like a fool in the process....

All in all the Developers are headed in the right direction...most members will agree that killing Jason is easy at this point in the games life and could use a tweak in Jasons favor...

w

And yet after the initial hoorays, here we are complaining about the Jason killing being too easy. Ofc it's my opinion by the way, but it's a fact that large majority of Jason just don't know how to deal with a killing squad. You can witness this everyday.

I think we went a little astray here, so I'll try stating my opinions again in a much more schematic way:

- Part of the "killing Jason is too easy" problems stems from the fact the the vast majority of Jasons make the same mistakes over and over while dealing with killing teams

- Killing teams are not bad per se, and skyrocketed recently because after the update you don't have enough time to do anything else before Jason rages

- Jason was really buffed at least twice and many people still complain about the counselors being too op.

- Maybe the Jason players are part of the problem?

8 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@J-Ray, "bad parenting" could also explain people who come to forums complaining of players who do things they don't approve of.

You can always make friends with like-minded players from "good parenting" backgrounds and have a blast in private matches. Problem solved.

Your first point is unrelated to what we are talking about.

The 2nd point is annoying. It seems that every time there is something clearly wrong someone uses some passover comment like "well, don't play". The problem with saying crap like that is it doesn't work because you emotionally enable wrong doing. For example, if a murderer murders the problem is you shouldn't murder, not "Well stay away from the known murderer".

5 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

I think we went a little astray here, so I'll try stating my opinions again in a much more schematic way:

- Part of the "killing Jason is too easy" problems stems from the fact the the vast majority of Jasons make the same mistakes over and over while dealing with killing teams

- Killing teams are not bad per se, and skyrocketed recently because after the update you don't have enough time to do anything else before Jason rages

- Jason was really buffed at least twice and many people still complain about the counselors being too op.

They are a huge part of the problem, especially when they confuse skill with the need for a buff which in turns made Jason invulnerable killing combat in f13

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I don't really see the point of the complaint here, once a game allows fighting back or killing the killer it is obvious that some people may decide to master that and use it to their advantage.

There is no complaint about mastering the kill sequence the complaint is it’s way too easy to do.

The intention was not to have an unbeatable Jason but one that was very much harder to kill...and changes from day one launch is definitely the reason it became easier along with mastering the technique.

Once you allow Jason to be stunned by counselors with 1 point of strength with pots and branches you are part of the problem.

Stun Chance was increased after players started complaining obout Op Jason..... and I agree it was a part of the problem.....

I have roughly 400 Jason kills with my team, and we mostly play in 2 or 3 people, and the reason why we often win is due to coordination and having done the same actions over and over again until they are mastered. We often win (well used to because I quit f13 but that's another story) sometimes we lose due to Jason disrupting the kill conditions, in which case GG Jason.

I can see your point about coordination and getting good with the kill....I just don’t think because because you have amassed so many kill that means it was difficult to do.....in fact in means the exact opposite that it in fact was very easy to accomplish.

With a larger group you may have 4/5 people who are coordinated and have mastered the steps of the kill and combat it is unlikely to win period. that's because it is a 5 vs 1 scenario what do you expect?

I expect mechanics that allow Jason to fight back against it, which I don’t think is asking for to much or is unfair in anyway.

The game was designed with flaws, do 5 vs 1 without possibility of fighting back and you will get a different game (which I wouldn't like) but it would probably be more of a horror game than the one we have

I think a balance can be made with combat and keep it a horror game and fun.

A couple of things would be give Jason a quick block feature and meat shielding back it would go a long way to fixing group combat dynamic.

I so the problems with this game came from the design, once combat was part of the equation you could have expected Jason to be defeated/bested in some cases.

We agree that the problem was in the design.... not as much in the original design but the progressively changing design.

I disagree, the game is still a fun game and that it  is also a Horror game.... and the execution is not poor just moves to far in one direction to appease the player base.

11 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I agree with you.

9 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

With the sue respect, That is not correct I am afraid. 

Since week one on console you could stun Jason efficiently, and the stuns were even longer than now (no perks involved) even too long tbh. 

In week one stun Chance was low you could hit Jason with weapons and it wouldn’t stun him....more than it would.

After  the first games when the novelty and the fear were wearing off, the game has always been a funny game more than a horror.

I disagree it is a Fun Horror game....even with the novelty of fear wearing off.... 

Keep in mind that I loved the game the way it was until this last pstch, I never cared about a strong Jason

Why not ? It would be a more challenging experience don’t you think?

the fact that the devs allowed teenagers to stun Jason easily simply invalidates the fact that the game is supposed to be horror. 

The problem is not that Teenagers were able to stun Jason... being able to fight back doesn’t negate Horror game aspects....

the problem was with the combat mechanics the game wasn’t meant to be a fighting game and gradually became one.... with out the proper way to combat for both sides.

Especially when they allowed funny dance moves, Chad in speedo, bunny Deborah and so on. 

The game was a casual fun game, not certainly Alien isolation 

I don’t like the dance emotes, I don’t have a problem with costumes or skins.

I understand why they were included because those types of things created revenue period.

also the Game is definitely not trying to be Alien Isolation either.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

They are a huge part of the problem, especially when they confuse skill with the need for a buff which in turns made Jason invulnerable killing combat in f13

No one is a Jason only player unless they play offline so that shouldn’t effect you... and not one member asked for the buff that made Jason invulnerable to melee hits in rage.... let’s get that straight now.

and one more thing Jason is not invulnerable at any point in the game better get the facts straight...

He can be stunned and killed prior to and after rage.... doesn’t sound invincible or invulnerable to me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Second thing to be noted is that, no matter how powerful is the villain but if a player learns to fight with a counselor better than the Jason player it makes sense that they can destroy him and no amount of buffs will change this. As an example I am an average killer in DBD and when I run into survivors (who cannot essentially really fight back) I sometimes encounter situations where the survivor is uncatchable and I need to give up the chase.  In this scenario, that survivor is simply way better than I am right now and so be it.

The game was designed with flaws, do 5 vs 1 without possibility of fighting back and you will get a different game (which I wouldn't like) but it would probably be more of a horror game than the one we have. 

See this clip, which is pre patch and watch the Chad player, he is basically unkillable, when he plays with us and he is part of the team UNLESS WE MESS UP the sweater a regular Jason cannot win, why? he is up against thousands of hours of gameplay.

I think that's fair, so the problems with this game came from the design, once combat was part of the equation you could have expected Jason to be defeated/bested in some cases.

I am the Vanessa player BTW 

I can't stand obnoxious douchebags like that Chad player. They're part of the reason I loved the Rage buff so much; not quite so cocky when you can't stun Jason every 15 seconds, are you?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

Against the right kill squad, nothing you do as Jason will stop the kill...short of hiding out in the water. 

The kill squad controls the entire kill process and Tommy spawn in process. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Against the right kill squad, nothing you do as Jason will stop the kill...short of hiding out in the water. 

The kill squad controls the entire kill process and Tommy spawn in process. 

No, as I explained thoroughly there are plenty of things you can do, from trapping the radio house to depleting their stamina, to avoid letting them taking your mask in the first place, maybe by BLOCKING.

17 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

No one is a Jason only player unless they play offline so that shouldn’t effect you... and not one member asked for the buff that made Jason invulnerable to melee hits in rage.... let’s get that straight now.

and one more thing Jason is not invulnerable at any point in the game better get the facts straight...

He can be stunned and killed prior and after rage.... doesn’t sound invincible or invulnerable to me.

I'll answer in one message as I am not capable of quoting via my phone. 

There's plenty of Jason's players, they enter a lobby with Jason in preference and if they don't get Jason the dc and try again. It does happen quite a lot on ps4 eu, you suddenly see two people disappear at the start of the match. 

As for killing Jason being easy it depends on the numbers of team and the coordination I mostly did it with only one more player, just two players vs Jason with often me demadking Jason on my own, this is all documented with over 50 hours of footage. 

At the same time if you don't like the killing example, I also have plenty of footage of me simply occupying Jason in combat for 10/15 mins per time. This was through the spectrum of bad Jasons and great Jasons. 

And you know what? This is devs fault because I can tell you that after ten hours on the game this stopped being a horror game for me. Because the design allowed me to do so since week one. 

And in a horror game based on slashers movies it doesnt make sense to allow the average character to fight back against the killer, its nonsense. 

If the purpose was horror then ONLY allow the final character or Tommy to fight back, as consistent with the lore of the saga. 

And as much as people in this forum are praising the new patch, numbers are showing thst the game is dying. 

This is due to many reasons but alienating frequent players to cather random players doesn't seem a smart move to me. 

With thst said I'll go back in the shadows, since it's pointless to argue for a game I quit. 

Regards 

9 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

No, as I explained thoroughly there are plenty of things you can do, from trapping the radio house to depleting their stamina, to avoid letting them taking your mask in the first place, maybe by BLOCKING.

You can trap the radio house, but you have to hope you either a. see it in the opening cut sequence or b. guess the right power box THEN you have to hope the game didn't spawn someone right at the house because they'll get the call off before you can saunter over to the power box anyway. 

Depleting their stamina?  Sure you can do that.  But plenty of us now how to abuse the mechanics of a Jason coming at us.  Shift batting is one example.  Or say you do grab them?  PK and you're now free game for being banged on coming out of that animation.  Say you decide to slash them, well then you're just gonna trade shots.  If that counselor is Buggzy with an axe?  Your mask is off. 

You can block to minimize damage, but get stunned by fireworks, get shot and then you can no longer block.  And again back to the whole there's plenty of us who can abuse the mechanics where you won't get another block off.  Or you can just come through a door and get smacked in the head with an axe or machete after the animation for breaking the door is done.  You also better not break out any windows to a cabin when someone is inside because again, free shot on you from someone inside.

You didn't mention as Jason you can control who's going to be coming back by not killing kill squad players but I'll say how you have no control of that as Jason either. 2 members of said kill squad get a trap, they each set it, then they walk into the trap the other person set.  Do that twice.  You now have been murdered and didn't commit suicide and one of you is coming back as Tommy.  

As Jason, you have no control over any of the entire kill process, outside of simply hiding in the water once your mask is off. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

You can trap the radio house, but you have to hope you either a. see it in the opening cut sequence or b. guess the right power box THEN you have to hope the game didn't spawn someone right at the house because they'll get the call off before you can saunter over to the power box anyway. 

Depleting their stamina?  Sure you can do that.  But plenty of us now how to abuse the mechanics of a Jason coming at us.  Shift batting is one example. 

You can block to minimize damage, but get stunned by fireworks, get shot and then you can no longer block.  And again back to the whole there's plenty of us who can abuse the mechanics where you won't get another block off.  Or you can just come through a door and get smacked in the head with an axe or machete after the animation for breaking the door is done.  You also better not break out any windows to a cabin when someone is inside because again, free shot on you from someone inside.

You didn't mention as Jason you can control who's going to be coming back by not killing kill squad players but I'll say how you have no control of that as Jason either. 2 members of said kill squad get a trap, they each set it, then they walk into the trap the other person set.  Do that twice.  You now have been murdered and didn't commit suicide and one of you is coming back as Tommy.  

As Jason, you have no control over any of the entire kill process, outside of simply hiding in the water once your mask is off. 

So what are you expecting then? 

Would you like an instant win? 

If it's 5 vs 1 with combat and killing allowed and they are also coordinated what do you expect? 

This game was never meant to be taken seriously, its a fun casual game built to be silly and allow people to unwind. 

If Jason would have been this unstoppable force where you could only escape and hide maybe it would have been different but I'm not sure how many people would have played the game. 

With the new pstch,  so beloved in this forum, the numbers are showing the game dying on steam. 

Being half empty on ps4, at least in the eu servers. 

It doesn't seem a huge success to me, if you like it good for you, I'm sincerely glad. 

As for me, it just pushed me away from a game where I spent thousands of hours on

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Depleting their stamina?  Sure you can do that.  But plenty of us now how to abuse the mechanics of a Jason coming at us.  Shift batting is one example. 

ALL of the things you listed can control the killing process. Sure they don't work all the time, but what strategy does?

1 minute ago, Sir Jack said:

Do you still fall for that?

1 minute ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

So what are you expecting then? 

Would you like an instant win? 

If it's 5 vs 1 with combat and killing allowed and they are also coordinated what do you expect? 

This game was never meant to be taken seriously, its a fun casual game built to be silly and allow people to unwind. 

If Jason would have been this unstoppable force where you could only escape and hide maybe it would have been different but I'm not sure how many people would have played the game. 

With the new pstch,  so beloved in this forum, the numbers are showing the game dying on steam. 

Being half empty on ps4, at least in the eu servers. 

It doesn't seem a huge success to me, if you like it good for you, I'm sincerely glad. 

As for me, it just pushed me away from a game where I spent thousands of hours on

As I've stated previously, I'd like to make it so killing Jason isn't the easiest method for counselors to "win" 

There needs to be some balancing done.  Give Jason more HP.  Have weapons do less damage.  Make it so he can't be killed in the first five minutes of a match.  Have less machetes/axes/shotguns in a match.  Give Jason a way to put his mask back on.  Maybe not all of those implemented but some of it. 

DbD does well and you can't even attack the killer, I prefer Friday to it even with it's shortcomings mainly because of the combat and the fact there's more to do than just repair generators.  But DbD does build tension and has that aura of horror way better than this game does. 

USA and Canada servers don't have the same problems as EU servers apparently, btw. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

ALL of the things you listed can control the killing process. Sure they don't work all the time, but what strategy does?

Right, they all control the killing process...but as Jason you don't have control over any of them besides flat out doing nothing but hiding in the water. 

Are you going to not chase anyone?  Are you not going to break down a cabin door?  Are you not going to attempt to kill anyone? 

• Thanks 1