Sir Jack

Confessions of Jason Killer

5 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol because dying as Jason is the end of the world, right?

Lol right, then why bother trying? It's too hard anyway...

Traps are just supposed to let you know that someone might have an interest in that objective. But in any case why the hell would you run a -traps Jason without questioning whether or not it might be more difficult to control objectives?

Yet you can't calculate which Jasons are going to give you the highest probability of success? 

That's a 33% chance (or 100% depending on the cutscenes) of not having to worry about a kill squad. At least without you knowing what they're up to ahead of time. But apparently common sense doesn't apply to dummy math.

Counselors can block too. Just saying..

Because double standards. Makes sense...

But that's the exception. Not the way it usually goes. All of the top Jason's play the exact same way. First they attempt the Tommy box. Next they trap the phone. Then they go for the car(s). Then when they have as much control of the map as they possibly can, they go after counselors. And they do this every single time. I wonder why that could be...

July_2_3___large.jpg

That's why.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Trapping the Tommy generator is like sticking one of those "This home protected by...." signs in your yard: It sounds like a great idea, but ultimately does very little to actually keep you safe. How many times have  you spawned in as a counselor, turned around, and discovered you're right in front of the Tommy house? Probably a lot, and when it happens, you can have Tommy called literally 10 seconds into the round. If Jason could see which house it was on the map, it'd probably be a little more useful, but since he can't, it's pretty much a crap-shoot.

I see what you're saying.  But if the Jason player knows hes dealing with a kill squad, and gets to the Tommy Radio Generator as soon as the game starts.   The Jason kill squad will never get Tommy.

And I can say this..   For my own experience.  Jason kill squads don't like being shut down, especially in public games where they think every match is a for sure kill.

Sure they try and put up a fight at the generator.. Try and dance/t bag to get Jason away from the generator.  And as soon as their chances start to fade they usually end up rage quitting before dying.   (Just like the Jason players they try and shame)

I've actually had a well known Xbox Jason killer (Bragger) who constantly posted videos on F13th group of him placing shame on Jason players who quit during the Jason kill animation.  And HE Quit in my hands when I was Jason when I was about to kill him.., while I was protecting the generator.

I knew.. as soon as the game started that this guy and his lackeys where going to go for the Jason kill (As they constantly brag about it).   Got a lucky intro video that showed the Tommy Tower.   Set up shop and went to work.   They all quit before I I got the kill.   One even quit with full health..lol.  Just gave up.

• Like 1

This conversation more or less proves the devs probably never thought in their wildest dreams that killing Jason would be a top 2 meta of the game. They thought the game would be played as a cat and mouse, hide and seek game but they severely undercut that part of the game with Sense toggle and composure/fear/stealth being weak stats. They thought their precious stat of 1 and 75 tries would hold up and you notice now they have nothing to say about that anymore.

I can see why many Jason players don't bother with block. Not only because of the quick block being garbage now, but because he's SLOWED DOWN in block. Cool, the counselors weapons will break but what good is that if they can out run him up close and also with his melee speed being garbage in block? Block makes him weaker up close if he can't actually do anything with it offensively.

Just last night, I was in spectate watching a pretty skilled Part 8 Jason up against two AJs (one with a sweater) and a Tommy. He was going through the motions, playing it safe with knives and he was even using his block effectively to break their weapons. Eventually the sweater girl's weapon broke, but rather than chasing her to the cabin she went to for another weapon, he kept chasing Tommy and the regular AJ. His mistake was not chasing the sweater girl from what I saw being she was split up, but eventually he just stopped using block probably due to frustration, they demasked him and killed him.

Grab itself is absolutely pointless in a crowd without some kind of body blocking or godframe window that allows Jason to kill someone. As it is, only the choke/decap kills are effective in a crowd that's semi apart.

Point being, unless you're dealing with an objective based lobby or do nothings. Your only viable option up close is throwing knives (Roy/Part 6) or weapon strength (3/4/7/Savini) to slash away at their 4-6 meds and usual pocket knife and hope for the best. Grab is a pointless idea and blocking is a great idea on paper, but unless you are in a small area, you will be out ran.

• Like 4

On 3/29/2019 at 4:41 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

I think the only time you would have to worry about a Jason holding block for an extended period of time is when they're getting attacked by a mob. Most Jason players will open themselves up for ambush attacks when going in for grabs or trying to knock down doors and such. Hell, I've been ambushed many of times while placing traps.

But if Jason had the ability to swing while blocking what would even be the point in grabbing anymore. If this were the case nobody would be able to defend themselves. 

43 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

But if Jason had the ability to swing while blocking what would even be the point in grabbing anymore. If this were the case nobody would be able to defend themselves. 

Considering they’ll probably never make it where Jason can swing while in block, I don’t think you’re going to have to worry about it. 

14 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Considering they’ll probably never make it where Jason can swing while in block, I don’t think you’re going to have to worry about it. 

Good bc that would be broken af lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Good bc that would be broken af lol

Speaking of things that are broken...

• Haha 2

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:23 PM, Somethin Cool said:

Lol because dying as Jason is the end of the world, right?

Nope... I have congratulated several kill squads that were not obnoxious pricks... which many of the kill squads are. Are you one of them?... Taunting Jason is usually a polite way of saying you were being an obnoxious prick to him.

Lol right, then why bother trying? It's too hard anyway...

Wow... here you are acting like the illiterate screwheads in game that think the "H" in my name is an "R"... Learn to read... and learn to do math. I never said it was difficult, I said the odds are greatly against it working... which they are, if you can understand math.... Apparently you cannot.

Traps are just supposed to let you know that someone might have an interest in that objective. But in any case why the hell would you run a -traps Jason without questioning whether or not it might be more difficult to control objectives?

Way to skirt around the point without addressing it at all...
   I do not question that it would be more difficult to control objectives, that is EXACTLY why I play the Jason variants I do play... I like a challenge. You, do not like a challenge... which is why you go for the kill in every match.... How many kills do you get in one night again?

Yet you can't calculate which Jasons are going to give you the highest probability of success? 

As I just explained... I do not play the Jasons that give me the highest chance of success... I play the variants that are actually more difficult to do well with... Now you are starting to sound like a troll... and not a very bright troll at that either... I have explained this in MANY posts in the past.

That's a 33% chance (or 100% depending on the cutscenes) of not having to worry about a kill squad. At least without you knowing what they're up to ahead of time. But apparently common sense doesn't apply to dummy math.

When something works once or twice, that does not make it 100% chance for it to work... learn your math... Key to the universe. 
   You are managing to prove that "common sense" is VERY uncommon though... I would say "well done"... but I already knew this to be true.

ounselors can block too. Just saying..

NNNOOOO REALLY?... Just sayin'.

Because double standards. Makes sense...

Pretty far from double standards.... To have a double standard, you need to apply two different principals to the SAME SITUATION.... You are making a comparison with two totally different situations... Jason hiding in the water IS NOT the same situation as blocking yourself in a cabin with a car, or blocking Jason from getting you in ANY WAY with the car...  Which indicates that you did not know what a double standard was... Well, now you do... You are welcome.

But that's the exception. Not the way it usually goes. All of the top Jason's play the exact same way. First they attempt the Tommy box. Next they trap the phone. Then they go for the car(s). Then when they have as much control of the map as they possibly can, they go after counselors. And they do this every single time. I wonder why that could be...

Top Jason players eh?... I have played against some of these "top Jason players" that use this strategy. 0 of 7 is their usual kill count... Great strategy there, and it worked great... Tommy never got called.
   When I get bored of not seeing Jason, I will go and fix the box and get Tommy called with the help of a friend... And yes, I die doing this many times, and have come back as Tommy EVERY time that the call got off and I died... How is this possible you ask... because no one else was dead or escaped yet as Jason was to preoccupied with the power box. Not such a great way to stop a member of a kill squad from becoming Tommy... More like insurance that one of them will become Tommy. Fortunately for these players... I am not out to kill them... I am just there to help them get a VERY low kill count.
    My friends and I have made MANY of these so called "top Jason players" eat their own words... We all have good games and bad games... With this being an actual FACT... players that say they get 8 of 8 in EVERY match are full of shit... no assumption needed. So, you continue to wonder why that could be... One day, you may get over your confusion.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2019 at 8:28 PM, Ahab said:

Nope... I have congratulated several kill squads that were not obnoxious pricks... which many of the kill squads are. Are you one of them?.

Absolutely. But I'm always in party chat so thankfully the Jasons never know that...

When something works once or twice, that does not make it 100% chance for it to work... learn your math... Key to the universe. 

If you see the radio tower in the cut scene and you don't cut the power to the right box then that's on you...

Pretty far from double standards.... To have a double standard, you need to apply two different principals to the SAME SITUATION.... You are making a comparison with two totally different situations... Jason hiding in the water IS NOT the same situation as blocking yourself in a cabin with a car, or blocking Jason from getting you in ANY WAY with the car...  Which indicates that you did not know what a double standard was... Well, now you do... You are welcome.

As far as I'm concerned it's exactly the same thing.

Wow... here you are acting like the illiterate screwheads in game that think the "H" in my name is an "R"... Learn to read... and learn to do math.

This I don't get... they think that's funny or something? I can read and do math just fine, thank you.

My friends and I have made MANY of these so called "top Jason players" eat their own words...

A godly player, I'm sure

With this being an actual FACT... players that say they get 8 of 8 in EVERY match are full of shit... no assumption needed. So, you continue to wonder why that could be... One day, you may get over your confusion.

Rhetorical question actually. First off, nobody said anything about always going 8/8. I'm simply saying all the top Jason's use the same basic strategy because it maximizes their odds of success. And nobody said anything about standing next to the box like a dumbass the entire match just so nobody can call Tommy. For a guy that writes a novel for every response, your interpretation skills sure do seem to need improvement...

• Like 2

Not much to add to this thread other than my own personal experience. Never been killed as Jason, been playing since beta. Only times I've come close to dying is when I've been caught off guard by a sleeper kill squad who got too far into the process because I wasn't paying attention, which is on me. Now days, I always have my eye on the possibility and look for the usual signs. Most Jasons die simply by putting themselves in the position by giving the kill squads what they need to pull it off. Since the ability to suicide and come back as Tommy was nixed, a Jason player can pretty well control every aspect of a kill squad's game. It's actually pretty damn easy to do, especially if you've already played as a counselor in their lobby and are aware of their intent. Knowing the maps well enough to know the usual areas Tommy spawns in at doesn't hurt either. I've intercepted more than a few right as they come in. Tommy ain't the only one with 10 stealth. 😄

@Ahab Wow, so i log back onto this account after weeks to find that you still messaged me complaining like a 5 year old. 

I made up with some people on here after that thread got closed down, but i still see that you can't let it go because you were proven wrong and took the bait, seems the ego is still bruised. Take a ice pack to that bruised ego of yours and have a chill pill son. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Thunder said:

@Ahab Wow, so i log back onto this account after weeks to find that you still messaged me complaining like a 5 year old. 

I made up with some people on here after that thread got closed down, but i still see that you can't let it go because you were proven wrong and took the bait, seems the ego is still bruised. Take a ice pack to that bruised ego of yours and have a chill pill son. 

Dude, why would you still be trying to argue on something that happened almost a month ago. Sign back out please...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:37 AM, Somethin Cool said:

Absolutely. But I'm always in party chat so thankfully the Jasons never know that...

In the minds of most people here, just using an out of game chat program makes you a cheater... I am NOT one of those people.

If you see the radio tower in the cut scene and you don't cut the power to the right box then that's on you...

Still only brings it down to a 50 / 50 chance you will get the right power box... Still a waste of time.

As far as I'm concerned it's exactly the same thing.

Even after I explain what "double standard" actually means... you still don't get it? I CANNOT put this any simpler for you unfortunately.

This I don't get... they think that's funny or something? I can read and do math just fine, thank you.

I can explain this... because you obviously do not understand much of what you read... as noted above.... Many idiots I run into in quick play think my name is "Arab"... NOT "Ahab"... You would not believe some of the racists rants and REAL death threats (they are welcome to try) I have gotten while muddling through quick play land... and at least one forum member (who I will not name) is VERY guilty of this. I am not a muslim, nor an arab… not even religious at all... and being covered in drywall dust is not the only thing that makes me look white...
   I got my name out of a true American classic of literature... and it fits... It also amazes me, and many of my friends with how many Americans we meet in quick play that cannot even pronounce my name... these people earn the name "illiterate screwhead" simply by mispronouncing my name... let alone their obnoxious misconceptions behind their mispronunciations.

A godly player, I'm sure

Words that MANY "top Jason players" have eaten... I do not make grand claims of myself at all... I play with some incredible players of this game.

First off, nobody said anything about always going 8/8.

People that claim to be "top Jason players" often make the claim of getting 8 of 8 every match... Pretty much all of them actually. There have been dozens of them just on the forums that I have called out on their bullshit... No one has a perfect game every time they play.... No one.

For a guy that writes a novel for every response, your interpretation skills sure do seem to need improvement...

If you think what I write is a novel for every post... then you are considering the equivalent of ONE PAGE from ANY book I have ever read to be a novel.... I would explain what a novel is, but I doubt you would understand, I cannot simplify it enough for you... And with that... I will say it is not my interpretation skills that need improvement... it would be yours.

2 hours ago, Thunder said:

Still dictating to your mommy to post for you I see. Literally everything bad you say about anyone else actually describes you perfectly... troll… Sign back out and return to your swamp.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thunder said:

Who’d you make up with? 

You didn’t prove anyone wrong. No need to bait any of us, we’ll take you for a stroll just for fun. 

You must secretly like being humiliated, to keep coming back here. 

• Like 2

@badassgixxer05 Exactly what i did, i posted a few replies and seeing how i don't play the game anymore didn't log in, then when i was bored i logged back in just to see if there was any news on future patches and i see a comment to me which was directed to the OP of this thread which was again being immature and further exposing how upset people get when their egos are hurt, if you're gonna start throwing out shade to people, throw out to the one's who still can't get over something that happened a month ago.

@Ahab Yeah yeah yeah, keep exposing the damaged ego off yours pal, funny how people claim i'm still not letting go off all that childish bullshit, yet you went out of your way to reply too me when i didn't even mention you. As i said, keep the ice on the bruised ego superstar.

@Slasher_Clone *Cough* Sorry dude, i'm allergic to bullshit and i would never tell someone who can't hold a mature conversation about how adults can put bullshit aside and agree to disagree, which is something you my little friend don't understand the concept off. 

3 minutes ago, Thunder said:

@badassgixxer05 Exactly what i did, i posted a few replies and seeing how i don't play the game anymore didn't log in, then when i was bored i logged back in just to continue trolling.

ahhh, kk. Gotcha. Continue if you wish.....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

Sorry dude, i'm allergic to bullshit and i would never tell someone who can't hold a mature conversation about how adults can put bullshit aside and agree to disagree, which is something you my little friend don't understand the concept off. 

I gave you more chances than you deserve.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 3:53 AM, SteveChristy said:

Not much to add to this thread other than my own personal experience. Never been killed as Jason, been playing since beta. Only times I've come close to dying is when I've been caught off guard by a sleeper kill squad who got too far into the process because I wasn't paying attention, which is on me. Now days, I always have my eye on the possibility and look for the usual signs. Most Jasons die simply by putting themselves in the position by giving the kill squads what they need to pull it off. Since the ability to suicide and come back as Tommy was nixed, a Jason player can pretty well control every aspect of a kill squad's game. It's actually pretty damn easy to do, especially if you've already played as a counselor in their lobby and are aware of their intent. Knowing the maps well enough to know the usual areas Tommy spawns in at doesn't hurt either. I've intercepted more than a few right as they come in. Tommy ain't the only one with 10 stealth. 😄

It's totally awesome you haven't been taken down as Jason yet. Keep up the good work.

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2019 at 1:27 PM, Ahab said:

Even after I explain what "double standard" actually means... you still don't get it? I CANNOT put this any simpler for you unfortunately.

It's a double standard from my perspective. I try not to live in the black and white section. I enjoy the benefits of the grey area.

I can explain this... because you obviously do not understand much of what you read... as noted above.... Many idiots I run into in quick play think my name is "Arab"... NOT "Ahab"... You would not believe some of the racists rants and REAL death threats (they are welcome to try) I have gotten while muddling through quick play land... and at least one forum member (who I will not name) is VERY guilty of this. I am not a muslim, nor an arab… not even religious at all... and being covered in drywall dust is not the only thing that makes me look white...
   I got my name out of a true American classic of literature... and it fits... It also amazes me, and many of my friends with how many Americans we meet in quick play that cannot even pronounce my name... these people earn the name "illiterate screwhead" simply by mispronouncing my name... let alone their obnoxious misconceptions behind their mispronunciations.

Simmer down big fella. I read the book.

People that claim to be "top Jason players" often make the claim of getting 8 of 8 every match... Pretty much all of them actually. There have been dozens of them just on the forums that I have called out on their bullshit... No one has a perfect game every time they play.... No one.

I wasn't referring to people who "claim" to be top Jasons. 99% of those people are full of shit.

If you think what I write is a novel for every post...

Lol not literally a novel...

On 4/3/2019 at 2:53 AM, SteveChristy said:

Since the ability to suicide and come back as Tommy was nixed, a Jason player can pretty well control every aspect of a kill squad's game.

I wouldn't bet on that...

100% agree with OP.

And so many times I see these Jason kill groups, and they just crumble. All of these people complaining about "JASON NEEDZ MOAR BUFFSS!!11" probably come across these kill groups only once and awhile, and when they do, they expect the game to hand them kills. So they just swing their weapon like a brain dead monkey, and when they don't get kills, they cry for more buffs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

I don't have to. The results are proven.

Careful now. It's starting to sound like you're saying you can't be killed.

P.S. it's a proven fact that there are ways around the suicide to become Jarvis patch.

46 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Careful now. It's starting to sound like you're saying you can't be killed.

Never said that, but my methods haven't failed me yet. No gameplan is unbreakable. My main strength is probably adapting well to the situations around me. There's always gonna be somebody who throws a wrench into the mix and shows you something unusual. Those are my favorite matches.

1 hour ago, SteveChristy said:

I don't have to. The results are proven.

It's easy to get around the whole "suicide" to come back as Tommy thing...

Say there are three of you in a lobby on the kill Jason strategy, because that's all you need. 

You get his mask off and then 2 of you just go and find traps.  You set a trap, your buddy sets a trap.  Go crashing through windows long enough to hobble yourself.  Once hobbled, go step in your buddies trap.  Once he's hobbled, he steps in yours.  Congratulations, you're both dead and neither of you suicided.  Don't believe me, try it and check the scoreboard after you accomplish this, it'll say you've been murdered.  If you're the first two to die in the match, one of you is coming back as Tommy. 

If you're alone and want a 50/50 shot of coming back as Tommy, then all you need to do is find a Jason trap or traps..phone house/tommy box or car work well for this one.  Go crash through a nearby window, again, til hobbled.  Then go find Jason's trap and just step in it.  Sure Jason kills you in this instance but if you're one of the first 2 dead, you're 50/50 on coming back as Tommy.

Jason controls nothing in this game. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SirMang said:

You get his mask off and then 2 of you just go and find traps.  You set a trap, your buddy sets a trap.  Go crashing through windows long enough to hobble yourself.  Once hobbled, go step in your buddies trap.  Once he's hobbled, he steps in yours.  Congratulations, you're both dead and neither of you suicided.  Don't believe me, try it and check the scoreboard after you accomplish this, it'll say you've been murdered.  If you're the first two to die in the match, one of you is coming back as Tommy. 

Jason controls nothing in this game. 

He absolutely controls his mask coming off. But, interesting method with the traps. Wasn't aware of that one.