14 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I try to kill them all. It's more fun. But the ones who rage quit or hide in the lake gain nothing. 

Meh..  It maybe fun to you..  Most people don't like being killed as Jason.

And, Maybe its fun for them NOT to get killed.      The Jason lake jumper obviously prevents himself from dying.. So he gains something..  And you don't get the kill.

14 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

There's absolutely nothing you can learn from hiding or running away like a coward.

Killing Jason is toooo easy, especially when groups of friends play together.  Even more so when Jason players in public games are not ready for a Jason kill squads.

Theres ZERO ways to countering a sweater stun/kill beyond hoping the game bugs out.. or pure luck.    So what exactly is there to learn? 

Try hard Jason kills squads are pests..  Jason lake Jumps are lazy.  You kind of deserve each other...

18 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

What I was just doing was pointing out that it's an exploit to another doubter.

The problem is that you are demonstrably wrong. Hiding in the lake is not an exploit, it's a purposely programmed game mechanic. Now, if you somehow used Jason in the lake to reach a part of the map you shouldn't or something like that, yeah, THAT would be an exploit. I don't like it when Jason's run away and hide in the lake. It's cowardly for sure. My friends and I laugh at them for that. But an exploit? No.

Posted (edited)

What I hate the most about this game is when Jason players take advantage of glitches and just appear right next to me when they were clearly on the other side of the map.

@OCT 31 1978 none, I was just being sarcastic by describing morph/shift as if it were a glitch 😀

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

What I hate the most about this game is when Jason players take advantage of glitches and just appear right next to me when they were clearly on the other side of the map.

What Glitch is going on that allows the Jason player to know where you are and Morph to you.....?

that sounds more like a teaming issue to me.

@F134Ever86 lol I had to reread that post took a little bit for it to sink in to my thick skull 💀. Apparently I need more sleep.

@Big Daddy J totally agree hiding in the Lake is not an exploit definitely cowardly and goes against the Spirit of the character the player is using..

@HuDawg I agree the kill is way to easy to accomplish and using smarter strategy to try to kill a “kill squad” is definitely a good thing....But hiding or constantly morphing away without actively engaging the remaining players in my opinion goes against the spirit of the character....... and any player worried about being killed and would rather hide is taking this game way to seriously and is a poor loser...Jason does get killed/ stoped in the movies I don’t want I see it every other match but Players shouldn’t be afraid of it, it is something that can happen.......

Jason should always be applying pressure and engaging the counselors hopefully the developers address how easy the kill is to accomplish and make adjustments in Jason’s favor... so even when all the items and players are in place to get the kill done it’s not a guaranteed thing...

@Somethin Cool I totally see what you are trying to Say .....but unfortunately the Ability to get into the lake is not an exploit....it’s a game play mechanic that unfortunately also allows for an unkillable location for Jason, the good thing is as long as he’s hiding in the lake every other location on the map is now a safe zone for counselors lol.......so in theory when a Jason is hiding in the lake Every other area on the map is a unkillable location for counselors...😂

but I do agree that a kill in the lake definitely should have been in the game from the get-go...... and would have been a very awesome way to kill Jason... it could or should have worked like this drive the boat out to the lake with SG stun him with the sweater as he attempts to flip the boat.....if he breaks out of the stun he flips the boat if he doesn’t.....machete/ axe to the face or chain rock drown him.....😉

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@HuDawg I agree the kill is way to easy to accomplish and using smarter strategy to try to kill a “kill squad” is definitely a good thing....But hiding or constantly morphing away without actively engaging the remaining players in my opinion goes against the spirit of the character....... and any player worried about being killed and would rather hide is taking this game way to seriously and is a poor loser...Jason does get killed/ stoped in the movies I don’t want I see it every other match but Players shouldn’t be afraid of it, it is something that can happen.......

Jason should always be applying pressure and engaging the counselors hopefully the developers address how easy the kill is to accomplish and make adjustments in Jason’s favor... so even when all the items and players are in place to get the kill done it’s not a guaranteed thing...

Jason gets 'stopped' in the movies because he doesn't see it comming...   Kill squads in this game are mostly blatantly obvious. Its the polar opposite of how Jason dies in the movies.

Also the movies are longer than 20 mins and counselors can't fully heal themselves with med sprays.

I think the sweater should have a massive penalty for wearing it.  I like the idea of the sweater girl being unable to heal while they wear it.

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Jason gets 'stopped' in the movies because he doesn't see it comming...   Kill squads in this game are mostly blatantly obvious. Its the polar opposite of how Jason dies in the movies.

I agree, which is why I hope a change is made to the kill parameters or how Jason can fight back.

Also the movies are longer than 20 mins and counselors can't fully heal themselves with med sprays.

Well, it’s a game based on the movies and limited to 20 minutes matches with options for both sides of gameplay.... we know what they are and why it’s the way it is... I said the kill is a possibility and I also said it’s definitely easy and shouldn’t happen as often as it does..... we are on the same side about this.

I think the sweater should have a massive penalty for wearing it.  I like the idea of the sweater girl being unable to heal while they wear it.

It’s an interesting idea....I think being unable to heal is a bit extreme but maybe wearing the Sweater negates any perks on the SG and giving them only the option to use what’s in their inventory....?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

It’s an interesting idea....I think being unable to heal is a bit extreme but maybe wearing the Sweater negates any perks on the SG giving them only the option to use what’s in their inventory....?

This is actually a very interesting idea, I don’t think it would destabilize the balance but it would give Jason motivation to engage them. It would put a lot of pressure on the sweater girl, but I think that’s mostly the case now. The negating perks part I actually like quite a bit. 

Do you mean they wouldn’t be able to pick anything up?

Because that might be a step to far, or it could mean not grabbing the sweater till you need it which could be a good thing. I’m definitely on the fence about locking out the ability to pick anything up. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This is actually a very interesting idea, I don’t think it would destabilize the balance but it would give Jason motivation to engage them. It would put a lot of pressure on the sweater girl, but I think that’s mostly the case now. The negating perks part I actually like quite a bit. 

Thanks!😉

Do you mean they wouldn’t be able to pick anything up?

Sort of...I was thinking the risk reward idea to be a bigger part when you pick up the sweater...

I definitely think players should be allowed to pick up weapons but not allowed to pick up items like sprays/ crackers/ maps/ or repair items once you have picked up the sweater? Only able to use what you already have in the slots .....Maybe too over the top?

I am kinda digging the idea.... really makes it risky if you don’t have items already in your inventory if you are locked into them and now your perks don’t work either...until you use the sweater....... high risk, big reward...

11 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Thanks!😉

Welcome 😉

Sort of...I was thinking the risk reward idea to be a bigger part when you pick up the sweater...

I definitely think players should be allowed to pick up weapons but not allowed to pick up items like sprays/ crackers/ maps/ or repair items once you have picked up the sweater? Only able to use what you already have in the slots .....Maybe too over the top?

I am kinda digging the idea.... really makes it risky if you don’t have items already in your inventory if you are locked into them and now your perks don’t work either...until you use the sweater....... high risk, big reward...

It’s hard to gauge without at least seeing it in action. I’m certainly willing to give it a shot. 

11 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Thanks!😉

I am kinda digging the idea.... really makes it risky if you don’t have items already in your inventory if you are locked into them and now your perks 

Or maybe give the sweater durabilty like weapons.. Any damage taken reduces sweater durabilty till its eventually destroyed.

• Like 1

Just now, HuDawg said:

Or maybe give the sweater durabilty like weapons.. Any damage taken reduces sweater durabilty till its eventually destroyed.

That’s a very cool idea too....this way if a player is running thick skin and medic you can damage the sweater enough to take it off the game board even if they keep healing them selves..... I like it HuDawg!!

14 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

It’s real simple. If you don’t want the sweater girl around then Jason should have to 100% kill her and earn the kill himself. But you’ve made it obvious enough you don’t want to have to earn your kill against sweater girl. Myself, as Jason I’d rather be forced to kill her and that is much more rewarding then getting rid of sweater girl in 1 slash or reducing sweater durability. Your thoughts are unbalanced and sided too much on Jason’s side. Make it harder to remove Jason’s mask that’s all that needs done, none of this extra nonsense you are suggesting.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

That’s a very cool idea too....this way if a player is running thick skin and medic you can damage the sweater enough to take it off the game board even if they keep healing them selves..... I like it HuDawg!!

I just like the idea of the sweater being cursed with no healing while being worn.

It would make playing as the sweater girl and Jason more intense as soon as the sweater comes into play.

But...the curse will not take effect if you have Jasons mask when grabbing the sweater.  Giving more incentive to use Jasons mask

23 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

It’s real simple. If you don’t want the sweater girl around then Jason should have to 100% kill her and earn the kill himself. Your thoughts are unbalanced and sided too much on Jason’s side. Make it harder to remove Jason’s mask that’s all that needs done, none of this extra nonsense you are suggesting.

Killing The SG sometimes is quite difficult when she or her group is running medic perks and Thick skin this last idea isn’t that unbalanced in the current meta of the game.......maybe after the perk rework but we will have to see what that ends up being.

But back to HuDawgs idea.....it’s a wear and tear method of dealing with the SG when she has 6 sprays and so does her kill squad buddies.....as long as the durability for the sweater was high and required several slashes and or Knife throws to damage it enough to destroy....I don’t see this as a bad idea at all.... nor in my opinion does it lean heavily in Jason’s favor....

@HuDawg interesting idea not completely sold on no healing....I like the idea of having the mask negate the curse and won’t affect the player nice touch...

Just now, OCT 31 1978 said:

Killing The SG sometimes is quite difficult when she or her group is running medic perks and Thick skin this last idea isn’t that unbalanced in the current meta of the game.......maybe after the perk rework but we wil have to see what that ends up being.

But back to HuDawgs idea.....it’s a wear and tear method of dealing with the SG when she has 6 sprays and so does her kill squad buddies.....as long as the durability for the sweater was high and required several slashes and or Knife throws to damage it enough to destroy....I don’t see this as a bad idea at all.... nor in my opinion does it lean heavily in Jason’s favor....

I was thinking the sweater should take the same amount of hits as the counselors normal health would be..

So not many hits at all.. 

7 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Killing The SG sometimes is quite difficult when she or her group is running medic perks and Thick skin this last idea isn’t that unbalanced in the current meta of the game.......maybe after the perk rework but we will have to see what that ends up being.

@HuDawg interesting idea not completely sold on no healing....I like the idea of having the mask negate the curse and won’t affect the player nice touch...

But if they gave Jason more hit points and they’re all fighting him, it’s very likely Jason has a chance to slash SG to death just like that. This is because he will last a lot longer in the fight compared to now. Me personally, I’d rather be forced to earn my kill against SG. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

But if they gave Jason more hit points and they’re all fighting him, it’s very likely Jason has a chance to slash SG to death just like that

Not really a fan of giving incentive to beat on Jason more..  

Rather the burden be on the sweater user.

Just now, HuDawg said:

Not really a fan of giving incentive to beat on Jason more..  

Rather the burden be on the sweater user.

How is it a burden for Jason to keep his mask on longer? Really? This is helping Jason and making it more difficult for the kill squads

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Try hard Jason kills squads are pests..  Jason lake Jumps are lazy.  You kind of deserve each other...

A match made in Camp Crystal Lake.

7 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

Hiding in the lake is not an exploit, it's a purposely programmed game mechanic.

I agree. If it's in the game and naturally doable, then it's within the rules of play. This applies to many things that certain players frown upon over others. I don't personally hide in the lake, but I get why many people are upset by it.

5 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

but I do agree that a kill in the lake definitely should have been in the game from the get-go...... and would have been a very awesome way to kill Jason... it could or should have worked like this drive the boat out to the lake with SG stun him with the sweater as he attempts to flip the boat.....if he breaks out of the stun he flips the boat if he doesn’t.....machete/ axe to the face or chain rock drown him.....😉

Too bad we couldn't have had that as an option. I would have enjoyed that more than the current kill method.

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

It’s an interesting idea....I think being unable to heal is a bit extreme but maybe wearing the Sweater negates any perks on the SG and giving them only the option to use what’s in their inventory....?

A trade off for picking up the sweater should have been a thing. We could have ended up with an entirely different experience of a game.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

But if they gave Jason more hit points and they’re all fighting him, it’s very likely Jason has a chance to slash SG to death just like that. This is because he will last a lot longer in the fight compared to now. Me personally, I’d rather be forced to earn my kill against SG. 

I don’t disagree with more hit points but that is a Band-Aid on the kill situation.

Most kill squads keep the sweater girl away from the fighting till the mask is off...but if SG does get involved and gets slashed more times than not she heals her self or someone else does.

... it’s too easy to kill Jason and most kill squads use thick skin and medic boarding on abuse having a sweater that is damagable is one more way for Jason to battle the kill squads/ kill situation since every time you get a clean hit that gets them limping they either heal up or someone heals them....

no one is suggesting not earning the Kill against any counselor or SG...you would still need to slash or Knife the SG girl enough times to damage the sweater or kill Her either option is still earning it...

@HuDawg  I definitely think the sweaters hit points  should be at least double a normal counselors health hit points......anything less would swing way too much in Jason’s favor...

My understanding of this feature was to combat kill squads grouped together as you stalk morph at a distance to either kill SG or damage the Sweater enough to destroy it.... as a way to combat the Squads that abuse Thick skin and Medic....

12 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I don’t disagree with more hit points but that is a Band-Aid on the kill situation.

Most kill squads keep the sweater girl away from the fighting till the mask is off...but if SG does get involved and gets slashed more times than not she heals her self or someone else does.

... it’s too easy to kill Jason and most kill squads use thick skin and medic boarding on abuse having a sweater that is damagable is one more way for Jason to battle the kill squads/ kill situation since every time you get a clean hit that gets them limping they either heal up or someone heals them....

no one is suggesting not earning the Kill against any counselor or SG...you would still need to slash or Knife the SG girl enough times to damage the sweater or kill Her either option is still earning it...

@HuDawg  I definitely think the sweaters hit points  should be at least double a normal counselors health hit points......anything less would swing way too much in Jason’s favor...

My understanding of this feature was to combat kill squads grouped together as you stalk morph at a distance to either kill SG or damage the Sweater enough to destroy it.... as a way to combat the Squads that abuse Thick skin and Medic....

I think more hit points would do more wonders for Jason than you think. I’m thinking realistically what more hit points could do for Jason. There are several strategic plans Jason players could come up with to face kill squads. One I thought of could be to avoid the kill squad till Jason hits rage. Then they’ll have to hit you several times to de mask you. In this matter of time you can slash SG or tommy to death if they don’t dodge your slashes in time. They sure in hell can’t heal themselves while you’re slashing. 

6 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Big Daddy J totally agree hiding in the Lake is not an exploit definitely cowardly and goes against the Spirit of the character the player is using..

Oh, I agree with that wholeheartedly.

I think more hit points would do more wonders for Jason than you think.

If more points are added Kill squads will just attempt to double team bum rush Jason sooner... to get that mask off trust me Hit points will not save you from a kill squad Jason needs more options to dispatch these guys.....

Two things  that will definitely help is a quick block and toggle feature and a severe penalty to weapon durability when Jason Successful blocks an attack... making Weapons break even faster...

I’m thinking realistically what more hit points could do for Jason. There are several strategic plans Jason players could come up with to face kill squads. One I thought of could be to avoid the kill squad till Jason hits rage.  

Avoiding them is easier said than done.... if you attempt to morph away eventually they will bait you in by repairing objectives you will have to combat them..

Then they’ll have to hit you several times to de mask you. In this matter of time you can slash SG or tommy to death if they don’t dodge your slashes in time. They sure in hell can’t heal themselves while you’re slashing. 

I agree with you here if you can avoid them long enough to get rage and have the extra hit points at this point.... it could work in your favor just don’t think this situation will be a normal match with a well coordinated team..... it’s a big if.

9 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Theres ZERO ways to countering a sweater stun/kill beyond hoping the game bugs out.. or pure luck.    So what exactly is there to learn? 

You know how many Jason's I've killed that could have prevented the kill simply by not playing carelessly? Believe me it's the same group that whine about how he's so easy to kill. 

11 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I think more hit points would do more wonders for Jason than you think. I’m thinking realistically what more hit points could do for Jason.

At least somebody gets it. But they'll still die and complain because they try to tank every heavy machete hit they come across.

13 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

They sure in hell can’t heal themselves while you’re slashing.

Well idk kind of...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

You know how many Jason's I've killed that could have prevented the kill simply by not playing carelessly? Believe me it's the same group that whine about how he's so easy to kill. 

Im not whining..  It is easy.  

Especially if the Jason player doesn't know hes dealing with a kill squad.