Ok guys, I've read enough these days, even after the update, about the "unfairness" of Jason killing teams, and how try to stop them (which is, I remind you, a way to team with Jason) is justified as "killing Jason is too easy" and shit.
Well, I've been a player since day 1. I am part of a Jason killing team, and I can assure you that 70% of times one of us spawns as Jarvis, Jason is dead meat. On the other hand, as the killer I've been put down like ONCE in the last 6 months. Keep in mind we play everyday, for hours, my spawning preference is put on "none" and I consider myself an average player and an average Jason.

You wanna know what the problem is? It has nothing to do with "game mechanics", "how the game was intended to be played by the devs" or "naughty counselors teaming up and turning me in a pinata Jason :_( "
The issue is simpler: 90% of Jason players are absolute simpletons who have to this day NO IDEA how to counter a Jason killing team, or a group hunting.

The scenario I come across is almost everytime identical:

- My team charges Jason so one of us will die and spawn as Jarvis, and maybe we'll unmask him too in the process.
- Jason doesn't see through the obvious strategy granting us exactly what we wanted in the first place
- As Jarvis spawns we go get the sweater, usually without bringing the mask so Jason can hear us, and the killer just mindlessly charges us EVEN IF UNMASKED and gets quickly killed.

Guys you can get all the buffs you want, and last one was a big one, but if you just charge everything that moves like a raging bull, don't blame the devs or the "teams" if you die.

As I told you, I'm a mediocre Jason but I got killed like once in the last 4-5 months because even If I'm no genius I'm smart enough to

-disable and trap radio tower
- ignore counselors who charge at me with an obvious deathwish until I'm sure I've put down 2-3 players who are not in their team.
- Avoid taking groups until you are in rage mode. And even then COMBAT STANCE AND BLOCK! COMBAT STANCE AND BLOCK! JEEEZ!
- Avoid the classic "trap the phone, trap the cars" strategy, and instead save my traps for later in game.

Again, I'm a mediocre player at best, but I play everyday and I just don't see all the issues you see. Maybe you are part of the problem, ever thought of that?

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sir Jack said:

Guys you can get all the buffs you want, and last one was a big one, but if you just charge everything that moves like a raging bull, don't blame the devs or the "teams" if you die.

I agree with some of what you're saying here. I've played this game sinch launch - I don't get to play it all the time but, I feel i've played long enough that i'm comfortable in the role as Jason and i feel the mask definitely needs a buff. I agree with you when you say don't meet them head on. I basically said something similar when i said you can buff Jason more and more but if nothing is done about his mask the J- kills will go through the roof.

I have figured out ways to counter being killed but i still say the mask is too easy to knock off. 

• Like 2

I agree with both of you guys.  I've been killed once since launch -- but also gotten lucky to have not gotten killed 2 or 3 times.

It is too easy to get your mask knocked off...but a smart Jason will survive more times than not.  

1 hour ago, Sir Jack said:

Ok guys, I've read enough these days, even after the update, about the "unfairness" of Jason killing teams, and how try to stop them (which is, I remind you, a way to team with Jason) is justified as "killing Jason is too easy" and shit.
Well, I've been a player since day 1. I am part of a Jason killing team, and I can assure you that 70% of times one of us spawns as Jarvis, Jason is dead meat. On the other hand, as the killer I've been put down like ONCE in the last 6 months. Keep in mind we play everyday, for hours, my spawning preference is put on "none" and I consider myself an average player and an average Jason.

You wanna know what the problem is? It has nothing to do with "game mechanics", "how the game was intended to be played by the devs" or "naughty counselors teaming up and turning me in a pinata Jason :_( "
The issue is simpler: 90% of Jason players are absolute simpletons who have to this day NO IDEA how to counter a Jason killing team, or a group hunting.

- My team charges Jason so one of us will die and spawn as Jarvis, and maybe we'll unmask him too in the process.
- Jason doesn't see through the obvious strategy granting us exactly what we wanted in the first place
- As Jarvis spawns we go get the sweater, usually without bringing the mask so Jason can hear us, and the killer just mindlessly charges us EVEN IF UNMASKED and gets quickly killed.

As I told you, I'm a mediocre Jason but I got killed like once in the last 4-5 months because even If I'm no genius I'm smart enough to

-disable and trap radio tower
- ignore counselors who charge at me with an obvious deathwish until I'm sure I've put down 2-3 players who are not in their team.
- Avoid taking groups until you are in rage mode. And even then COMBAT STANCE AND BLOCK! COMBAT STANCE AND BLOCK! JEEEZ!
- Avoid the classic "trap the phone, trap the cars" strategy, and instead save my traps for later in game.

Again, I'm a mediocre player at best, but I play everyday and I just don't see all the issues you see. Maybe you are part of the problem, ever thought of that?

Although most Jason’s are bad, it is unfair to say that they are stupid for not preventing the kill. Tommy house is rng, so you need to be somewhat lucky. 

The biggest counter to what you are saying is that kill squads have a massive advantage over Jason players, at least the first time you meet. Jason has to play to protect objectives most of the time, but kill squads have set plans in place and will often ignore objectives; jason doesn’t know this. 

Killing Jason is the easiest way to win if the group is committed.

• Like 2

People don't complain because it's too easy for Jason to die from teams. People complain because like 40% of the people who played the game quit forever because of the whole teaming thing. Basically you are took the game and destroyed the whole concept of it. Don't worry though. Practically every game gets destroyed online by people who refuse to act appropriate due the being the victims of bad parenting. 

The only issues isn't being killed.  Its being trolled when you're Jason.  No counselor should EVER be allowed to Troll Jason and basically juke and jive him for an entire game.  Ive seen this done to the best of Jason's.  

Its all too common in a Lobby full of Bugsys and Vanessas with a month or so playing experience.  Its easy to fix all this "team killing issue" if you increase the chances of killing Jason.  Lengethen the width of grab and speed of Jason's mechanics.  Watch how quick those Jason Killing teams are killed themselves. 

The whole point of the most recent patch was to make Jason OP.  Yet hes getting killed more than ever. And its probably easier to escape more than ever. 

2 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

The one issue with this is that, even if you see through the strategy, it doesn't matter if there are only one or two randoms in the lobby and the rest are in the killer group. Jason's goal in the game is to kill people. At some point, you have to kill somebody or else you're conceding the round either way. If you pick and choose too long they'll complete objectives and escape anyway.

51 minutes ago, J-Ray said:

People don't complain because it's too easy for Jason to die from teams. People complain because like 40% of the people who played the game quit forever because of the whole teaming thing. Basically you are took the game and destroyed the whole concept of it. Don't worry though. Practically every game gets destroyed online by people who refuse to act appropriate due the being the victims of bad parenting. 

So what are we going to do next? Will we cut off communications between counselors so they can’t come up with a strategy? 

The game was designed as a co-op game. You pretty much HAVE to cooperate to complete any of the objectives, so what is the problem here ?

And Ray, I think the reason why people have been quitting the game it’s because it’s been a glitchy mess for MONTHS with several glitches (like certain god mode spots) still unpatched after being pointed out a year ago. 

Or another reason might be the COMPLETE LACK of banning for cheaters, i still see cheaters around now after the patch, after MONTHS of relentlessly exploiting the infamous Russian cheating pack. 

Again, the whole lawsuit stuff which brought the release of new content to a Halt, that would be another reason

Killing teams are the least of our problems 

6 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

The only issues isn't being killed.  Its being trolled when you're Jason.  No counselor should EVER be allowed to Troll Jason and basically juke and jive him for an entire game.  Ive seen this done to the best of Jason's.  

Its all too common in a Lobby full of Bugsys and Vanessas with a month or so playing experience.  Its easy to fix all this "team killing issue" if you increase the chances of killing Jason.  Lengethen the width of grab and speed of Jason's mechanics.  Watch how quick those Jason Killing teams are killed themselves. 

I’m sorry guys, but if you let a bunch of kids with “parental issues” to get that easily into your head, you are part of the problem. Let alone the fact you can easily mute everybody if you are a snowflake.

yes, fast counselors can juke and jive for a while, but how long can it last? We have the new rage mode isn’t it enough allready?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

The one issue with this is that, even if you see through the strategy, it doesn't matter if there are only one or two randoms in the lobby and the rest are in the killer group. Jason's goal in the game is to kill people. At some point, you have to kill somebody or else you're conceding the round either way. If you pick and choose too long they'll complete objectives and escape anyway.

If say you are up against a group of five, perfectly organized people, well yeah you are in dire straits. But then again if they are so good they kinda deserve their victory, don’t you think? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Running is the only option you have when Jason hits rage. Fighting back to survive which i liked to do and not trolling or interested in killing Jason was taken away because of toxic players.  Running and being skilled enough to survive shouldn't be discouraged and now this is more challenging than killing Jason. The sentiment seems to be counselors should be running from Jason instead of fighting and now that counselors are upping their game by escaping Jason's grasp, now this is considered trolling??? I'm not trying to be rude but gimmie a break!!! I don't know about the rest of you but i'm looking forward to when this game will have a happy medium.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I agree with some of what you're saying here. I've played this game sinch launch - I don't get to play it all the time but, I feel i've played long enough that i'm comfortable in the role as Jason and i feel the mask definitely needs a buff. I agree with you when you say don't meet them head on. I basically said something similar when i said you can buff Jason more and more but if nothing is done about his mask the J- kills will go through the roof.

I have figured out ways to counter being killed but i still say the mask is too easy to knock off. 

You are right, but let me ask you a question: how many Jason do you see being able to decently BLOCK? 

1 minute ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Running is the only option you have when Jason hits rage. Fighting back to survive which i liked to do and not trolling or interested in killing Jason was taken away because of toxic players.  Running and being skilled enough to survive shouldn't be discouraged and now this is more challenging than killing Jason. The sentiment seems to be counselors should be running from Jason instead of fighting and now that counselors are upping their game by escaping Jason's grasp, now this is considered trolling??? I'm not trying to be rude but gimmie a break!!! I don't know about the rest of you but i'm looking forward to when this game will have a happy medium.  

Completely agree 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

If say you are up against a group of five, perfectly organized people, well yeah you are in dire straits. But then again if they are so good they kinda deserve their victory, don’t you think? 

Well, I'm not going to make it easy for them. If they do kill me I don't get bent out of shape about it. Either they played well enough to pull it off despite my best efforts, or I played like crap and opened the door to give them a chance to do it. Either way, I get mad for about 5 seconds and then tip my cap and ready up for the next match.

My point was, if you're in a lobby primarily filled with a team of killers and any one of them are capable of playing the roles needed to pull off the kill, then it's kind of a Catch-22. If you try to play stall ball and not kill anyone, or be selective, then they're just going to complete objectives and escape. If you take the bait and kill the ones begging for it, then they'll get one of their guys back as Tommy and go for the kill.
It all boils down to the intent and make up of the lobby. If the lobby isn't focused on going for kills for one reason or another, you don't have to worry about it too much. If the lobby is a group full of bored 150s who want to do nothing but kill Jason, then you're going to have to fight like hell and pull out all of your tricks to survive and hope it's enough.

6 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

Well, I'm not going to make it easy for them. If they do kill me I don't get bent out of shape about it. Either they played well enough to pull it off despite my best efforts, or I played like crap and opened the door to give them a chance to do it. Either way, I get mad for about 5 seconds and then tip my cap and ready up for the next match.

My point was, if you're in a lobby primarily filled with a team of killers and any one of them are capable of playing the roles needed to pull off the kill, then it's kind of a Catch-22. If you try to play stall ball and not kill anyone, or be selective, then they're just going to complete objectives and escape. If you take the bait and kill the ones begging for it, then they'll get one of their guys back as Tommy and go for the kill.
It all boils down to the intent and make up of the lobby. If the lobby isn't focused on going for kills for one reason or another, you don't have to worry about it too much. If the lobby is a group full of bored 150s who want to do nothing but kill Jason, then you're going to have to fight like hell and pull out all of your tricks to survive and hope it's enough.

Yea of course, and isn’t that a good thing? A good, challenging game?

A group of counselors can’t possibly complete all objectives, they have to offer an opening sooner or later. If they go for the car you can easily kill one or two during the fixing, and or block the entrance in combat stance until they break their weapons. At that point, they have to disband. 

If like ALL FIVE of them focus on one objective then jt’s a hard one, but they really have to be perfect because you need only one error and they are back to square one.

You have ways to defend yourself, it’s a fact. If the opposition is too strong, then amen reverend, you did all you could 

3 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

You are right, but let me ask you a question: how many Jason do you see being able to decently BLOCK? 

I do agree with the Jason players who've complained about mechanical issues when using block. I will say it's better now than it was before. 

I use it rarely and still get the job done.  Practicing in offline mode is a good place to learn new tricks that's how i got better with block.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

When has there ever been a happy medium in this game? Its mainly been all the power in the counselors hands. (And now its even Easier to kill Jason than ever before.  Or at least Im seeing it common now)   Hell, playing as Vanessa you're more likely to get killed by a trap that Jason (or another counselor set) than by Jason himself. ROFLMAO 

• Like 1

This thread has raised some very interesting and valid points tbh. I don't think that killing Jason is "easier" than ever as some people have stated, so much as it's now the most viable option for survival since surviving the night is a thing of the past and you only have a few minute to push objectives. Stun parties got taken out, but now lazy Jason players get killed more frequently and all because y'all don't wanna use block smh.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

This thread has raised some very interesting and valid points tbh. I don't think that killing Jason is "easier" than ever as some people have stated, so much as it's now the most viable option for survival since surviving the night is a thing of the past and you only have a few minute to push objectives. Stun parties got taken out, but now lazy Jason players get killed more frequently and all because y'all don't wanna use block smh.

Thank God, I wanna buy you a beer 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DorianRo said:

When has there ever been a happy medium in this game? Its mainly been all the power in the counselors hands.  Hell, playing as Vanessa you're more likely to get killed by a trap that Jason (or another counselor set) than by Jason himself. ROFLMAO 

My point is fighting to survive has been changed to run from Jason and players are still not happy! Practice in offline mode at getting better at shift grab. 

That's what i did and no more Vanessa problems. People running to survive from a killer sounds about right! The trolling has been toned down from what i'm seeing people are afraid to get close to Jason and i feel that's the right direction. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

When has there ever been a happy medium in this game? Its mainly been all the power in the counselors hands. (And now its even Easier to kill Jason than ever before.  Or at least Im seeing it common now)   Hell, playing as Vanessa you're more likely to get killed by a trap that Jason (or another counselor set) than by Jason himself. ROFLMAO 

Sorry, but no.

a Jason in rage mode will kill Vanessa in the end no matter what, even if he has to run after her until she burns out. 

• Like 2

Guys, let’s be honest. 

What many of you are asking for is a game where as Jason you have 90% chance of killing everyone no matter the skill of the opposition. 

This is what I’m getting after the update was released like the whole community was complaining about Jason being too Op, now it’s the opposite.

you tell me how you want it done. Maybe a permanent god mode Jason who never gets stunned and whose grip can’t be broken ? 

25 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

Amen!

17 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

Guys, let’s be honest. 

What many of you are asking for is a game where as Jason you have 90% chance of killing everyone no matter the skill of the opposition. 

This is what I’m getting after the update was released like the whole community was complaining about Jason being too Op, now it’s the opposite.

you tell me how you want it done. Maybe a permanent god mode Jason who never gets stunned and whose grip can’t be broken ? 

Who is asking for these things ? You said you have done a lot of reading and I  have never seen the community ask for them they didn’t even ask for the Rage buff we were given.....

most asked for a more responsive block and meat shielding back....and making a missed Grab a little less punishable...

most members are happy with the rage mode tweak I will say but a lot have also said more tweaks are needed.....

and I will say form the matches I have played since the new patch Jasons are being killed sooner in matches then ever before....counselors are also escaping more and that’s a good thing since before the patch most matches were 20 minutes of watching Jason on his back and counselors dancing over him not attempting to escape at all..... so the patch is a success in that area.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

Guys, let’s be honest. 

Most of us asked for reasonable changes.

Increased mask HP.

Knowing the location of the Tommy house so you can contest the call.

Quick block being fixed.

Invincibility frames after an animation to avoid free hits.

Meat shielding brought back.

That's not everything, but it covers the main points. The majority wanted a few flaws fixed, and the return of things that aided a skilled Jason. Alas we got the rage change. It was a terrible mistake in my opinion, but that's another discussion. 

• Thanks 2