Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

People who gang up on Jason

18 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I have a 6 foot grab range in real life.  

The problem with the old grab was that the animation was a bit off.  But the range and radius was perfect.  Now the radius is nno existent, its basically a straight line and its too slow.

And yes.. It was more fun as Jason when you could actually grab someone instantly when in range..  Sorry to burst your bubble.  But the gibbled grab radius and slow recovery is the only reason why so many counselors are now able to beat on Jason so easily.

Also I don't need a video.. I've been playing since day one.

If you have a 6 foot grab, then that would mean you were about 10 feet tall. I can bet you thought it was okay for Jason to block bear traps and ranged weapons too 🙄

@Slasher_Clone The site I posted about playerbase would probably show players throughout the day, and not just at peak times. And even if it didn't, that Abad guy makes a very weak argument if he uses the playerbase at like 4 in the morning, considering they were talking about peak times. He is also very toxic in the Steam forums. Granted, many people are there (less then they are here though, that's for sure).

And if you are really THAT blind to Counselor nerfs, I really don't have anything to say to you. Other than yes, you guys really are THAT toxic.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bryr said:

If you have a 6 foot grab, then that would mean you were about 10 feet tall.

No.. that means I lean forward.  

Im not standing there with a stick up my ass, trying to maintain perfect posture while trying to grab things with my finger tips.

Like I said.  The old grabs radius, range and speed was perfect.  It just needed a better animation.

The current grab has a better animation, but shit radius and shitty speed.. (The range is still the same)

The shitty radius (Which is the the width of the grab) and the slow speed of the grab.  Is why its so easy to beat on Jason now.  Especially when the block now has a delay too.

5 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

No.. that means I lean forward.  

Im not standing there with a stick up my ass, trying to maintain perfect posture while trying to grab things with my finger tips.

Like I said.  The old grabs radius, range and speed was perfect.  It just needed a better animation.

The current grab has a better animation, but shit radius and shitty speed.. (The range is still the same)

The shitty radius (Which is the the width of the grab) and the slow speed of the grab.  Is why its so easy to beat on Jason now.  Especially when the block now has a delay too.

You're still not grabbing someone from 6 feet away, sorry bud. And if that's your argument, then how would that translate to Jason? He didn't lean forward really. He puts his arm out, and sticks his butt out.

This was not "perfect".

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bryr said:

You're still not grabbing someone from 6 feet away, sorry bud.

Ooooh yes I am.       

I've been able to reach that range since I was 16...    

..IMO I don't think you have a clue on what you're talking about.

17 minutes ago, Bryr said:

Other than yes, you guys really are THAT toxic.

The only Toxic one around here is me.  :D

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Ooooh yes I am.       

I've been able to reach that range since I was 16...    

..IMO I don't think you have a clue on what you're talking about.

The only Toxic one around here is me.  :D

It's hard to have a normal discussion with a juice head =/

Oh well. At least I know they won't listen to you though, and they won't be giving him that grab back. If you think it was "perfect" it really doesn't matter, because it won't be coming back. And even if for some reason it does, that'll just kill whatever playerbase might be left at that point. Jason already gets so many free handouts. The devs would actually have a pretty decent game if they stepped away from these forums and made their own decisions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bryr said:

You're still not grabbing someone from 6 feet away, sorry bud. And if that's your argument, then how would that translate to Jason? He didn't lean forward really. He puts his arm out, and sticks his butt out.

This was not "perfect".

OOOOOOh Gawd..  Not this stupid  video again.  

And every time I used to see that video, Id have to say the same damn thing.  It was the GRAB animation that was the problem.  That range is perfect and still is.. (Since the range is still the same as it was in that video with the current grab.)  So im not even sure why you posted that video..

The problem now is the grab has barely any radius.  It just a straight small line.. And its too slow.  Which makes it easier to dodge and super easy to punish.

• Confused 1

Just now, Bryr said:

It's hard to have a normal discussion with a juice head =/

Naw.. its pretty simple.

Infact any idiot can do it.

Just now, HuDawg said:

Infact any idiot can do it.

I guess that's why you like these forums so much then.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bryr said:

I guess that's why you like these forums so much then.

23 hours ago, Bryr said:

Jason already gets so many free handouts. The devs would actually have a pretty decent game if they stepped away from these forums and made their own decisions.

Yes.. Jason gets so many free handouts.

Like a nerfed grab radius. Slower grab recovery. Broken block..  Which opened the flood gates for aggressive counselors to attack Jason.

Funny how the 1st year or so.. This forum had counselor mains who basically hated playing as Jason begging for Jason Nerfs and Counselor buffs.  If the devs would have stepped away, things would have never changed.  Right?

For the record I never said the old grab was perfect..   Back in the day I advocated for a different grab animation ( A lunge grab) to go with the grab range.. So people would stop complaining about the Swipe grab (Vader grab).

Now.. Jason can whiff grabs at point blank range. Counselors bait Jason into grabbing Just so they can attack him.  Grabbing counselors and getting a kill in groups is next to impossible due to how slow the grab is and how quickly a counselor can free them..   And the block is too slow..

You wanna talk about free handouts.  Take a good look at what changed..and the end result. 

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Like I said.  The old grabs radius, range and speed was perfect.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

For the record I never said the old grab was perfect..

🙄

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bryr said:

🙄

...You missed the part about the grab animation, which i explained..

The old grab radius, range and speed was perfect. The animation was the problem

Now the radius is small, Jason is locked in a straight line, its slower on grabs. 

How slow do you want me to go?  Speed bumps or pot holes?

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

This guy is still going?? 🍿😂

I know, riiiiight?

This is what happens when you combine a juice head, with a keyboard warrior. I feel bad for his parents.

41 minutes ago, Bryr said:

I know, riiiiight?

This is what happens when you combine a juice head, with a keyboard warrior. I feel bad for his parents.

Are you proud of being a keyboard warrior?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bryr said:

I know, riiiiight?

You've just joined 7 hours ago... You're already whining about TOXIC this and TOXIC that..   Whining about juice heads, keyboard warriors and feeling bad for someone's parents.  Aaaand nobody cares..

Here's an idea .. Stop whining.

Nothing worse then a boring troll... with low grade material.

Like I said, no fun.

lol, low grade material, and I agree nothing worse.  

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Are you proud of being a keyboard warrior?

Still laughing about this, 🤣. Had to come back and comment. 

@Bryr, so I take it you don’t want to be a member of camp, we’re all just too toxic?

Lots of room in the troll cabin with @Thunder, lol.

• Like 2

I'm leaning on HuDawg's side on this discussion. Original grab was much faster (recovery wise) it was just missing the current lunge animation as he explained and it is much too narrow now. Force field windows= counselor buff,the old original way windows worked was fine. Trap stacking taken away=counselor buff.Instant swing out of block taken away=counselor buff.Meat shielding removed =buff.Counselors can still free stun after almost every animation Jason gets locked into before rage. Counselors should have never been able to hit Jason through doors.Sweater girl doesn't need to be in plain sight of Jason for the sweater to work= Jason nerf. All I can think of but there are probably more that weren't mentioned in previous replies.

• Like 2

I support Hudawg in this, the old grab was perfect and made the game less stressful for Jason players. They need to bring the grab back. Oct 2017 ruined the game.

We get the old grab back, we can filter out the DBD trolls from this game who like to gang on Jason.

15 hours ago, HuDawg said:

You've just joined 7 hours ago... You're already whining about TOXIC this and TOXIC that..   Whining about juice heads, keyboard warriors and feeling bad for someone's parents.  Aaaand nobody cares..

Here's an idea .. Stop whining.

Nothing worse then a boring troll... with low grade material.

Like you said yourself, the only troll here is you.

And yes, you guys ARE toxic. A mod had to come in and tell you all to piss off. It was only what? 2 pages in and a mod had to come? 🙄

Just now, Bryr said:

That’s still to be determined at this time.

On 3/16/2019 at 5:59 AM, DontZzz34 said:

I just played a match as Jason tonight and i knew it was a kill squad so I set three traps at the hut. Then I morph out get a few kills and I come up to a group of 5 people. They ganged up on me to only remove my mask in as little as two hits with a machete and two shotguns. These pussies can’t even go 1v1 or at least 2v1 to remove my mask. -_- Then while I got stunned by 3 of them two Vanessa’s head for the shack and tank all of my traps and get sweater. I tried morphing to them but couldn’t in time because I got hit while trying to morph. Then once I finally got to the hut Vanessa was wearing my sweater and I die. Then they all t bag me like no other when it ends. like what they did was just so difficult. This was ridiculous. It wasn’t a fair fight whatsoever.  I hate these people who gang up on Jason. So with that in mind, Is there any way possible the devs could reduce damage Jason receives if it’s damage done by a group of people? It takes absolutely 0 skill to remove his mask when it’s a done by a group of people, it is so easy a toddler can do it. 

Group of 3 or more around Jason % of damage received goes down significantly is how I think it should be. 

what needs to be done is  reduce the damage jason does  that is most important trust me it is unless u want everybody to throw this game in the trash jason is just to over powered with powers he never even has in the movies what needs to be done is

1reduce the damage jason does to campers and

2. make it so jason only has 3 traps and cant not put more then 1 trap in each location if he does  jason will be automativcly Banned for life

On 4/9/2019 at 5:30 PM, HuDawg said:

OOOOOOh Gawd..  Not this stupid  video again.  

And every time I used to see that video, Id have to say the same damn thing.  It was the GRAB animation that was the problem.  That range is perfect and still is.. (Since the range is still the same as it was in that video with the current grab.)  So im not even sure why you posted that video..

The problem now is the grab has barely any radius.  It just a straight small line.. And its too slow.  Which makes it easier to dodge and super easy to punish.

omg that jason is usin cheats an mods he must be banned asap il report him asap to

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bryr said:

And yes, you guys ARE toxic. A mod had to come in and tell you all to piss off. It was only what? 2 pages in and a mod had to come? 🙄

I don't remember the mods telling me to piss off.  The mods tend let me run around without a leash around these parts as long as I don't hump Muffin.

Am I a toxic troll?  Maybe.. Sometimes.. Depends.      

I rather the trolling be on topic, so that there's an actual point behind it...  Since this is supposed to be a F13th game forum.

Basically, if you can't stand a little heat, get outta the kitchen.  

1 hour ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

what needs to be done is  reduce the damage jason does  that is most important trust me it is unless u want everybody to throw this game in the trash jason is just to over powered with powers he never even has in the movies what needs to be done is

1reduce the damage jason does to campers and

2. make it so jason only has 3 traps and cant not put more then 1 trap in each location if he does  jason will be automativcly Banned for life

Even better..

We should put cow bells around Jasons neck And Remove his abilities.

Jason now only has one way to kill Counselors..  He must nag them to death.

36 minutes ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

omg that jason is usin cheats an mods he must be banned asap il report him asap to

That's the funny thing actually lol. That video is legit. It 100% looks like a hack though, considering the range. Which is why it got nerfed. Even when they reverted that nerf, they didn't revert it back to the original range.

I also agree with your other points. Jason is overpowered right now. He was massively overpowered after they buffed his speed by about 45% (so much for a slight increase to speed, eh?).

And then if counselors ever do get a buff, it gets reverted, then a huge nerf on top of that. Like that stupid campfire update that gave counselors like 8 pocketknives and 500 med sprays (VERY stupid buff to add). They reverted that buff, but then took out an extra knife, half the sprays and a butt load of the weapons.

Just now, Bryr said:

That's the funny thing actually lol. That video is legit. It 100% looks like a hack though, considering the range. Which is why it got nerfed. Even when they reverted that nerf, they didn't revert it back to the original range.

The current range is the pretty much the same as the range in the video.  

2 minutes ago, Bryr said:

. Jason is overpowered right now. He was massively overpowered after they buffed his speed by about 45% (so much for a slight increase to speed, eh?)

You're obviously playing a different game then I am.

Hes overpowered?   Again.. back to the old days if you really want to see OP.

Hes easier to juke.. Easier to dodge grabs..  Easier to hit.   Easier to free counselors in grabs.