Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

People who gang up on Jason

I just played a match as Jason tonight and i knew it was a kill squad so I set three traps at the hut. Then I morph out get a few kills and I come up to a group of 5 people. They ganged up on me to only remove my mask in as little as two hits with a machete and two shotguns. These pussies can’t even go 1v1 or at least 2v1 to remove my mask. -_- Then while I got stunned by 3 of them two Vanessa’s head for the shack and tank all of my traps and get sweater. I tried morphing to them but couldn’t in time because I got hit while trying to morph. Then once I finally got to the hut Vanessa was wearing my sweater and I die. Then they all t bag me like no other when it ends. like what they did was just so difficult. This was ridiculous. It wasn’t a fair fight whatsoever.  I hate these people who gang up on Jason. So with that in mind, Is there any way possible the devs could reduce damage Jason receives if it’s damage done by a group of people? It takes absolutely 0 skill to remove his mask when it’s a done by a group of people, it is so easy a toddler can do it. 

Group of 3 or more around Jason % of damage received goes down significantly is how I think it should be. 

• Confused 2

@DontZzz34

sounds like a rough match buddy I have had quite a few like this..... the mask coming off so quickly needs to be looked in to as does being able to tank Jasons traps so easily.....ASAP..... 

I know on one of the Beyond streams Wes had said Damage and mask hit points were being looked at hopefully something comes from it.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@DontZzz34

sounds like a rough match buddy I have had quite a few like this..... the mask coming off so quickly needs to be looked in to as does being able to tank Jasons traps so easily.....ASAP..... 

I know on one of the Beyond streams Wes had said Damage and mask hit points were being looked at hopefully something comes from it.

It was a rough match. Wasn’t very fun for me haha..... but even if they do give more hit points which I think would help significantly if Jason is going against at most 2-3 people but if people gang up on Jason as a group of 5 it still seems like this wouldn’t fix the problem. The more people involved in removing his mask the easier it is for them and it isn’t fair. Not only do they need to give more hit points, they also need to add in less damage done by groups of people. Then these people who do this crap would have to kill Jason is smaller groups of people like 1-3 not 5. Oh lord, I guarantee most of these kills squads couldn’t fight a good Jason in a 2v1 or 1v1 

8 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

It was a rough match. Wasn’t very fun for me haha..... but even if they do give more hit points which I think would help significantly if Jason is going against at most 2-3 people but if people gang up on Jason as a group of 5 it still seems like this wouldn’t fix the problem. The more people involved in removing his mask the easier it is for them and it isn’t fair. Not only do they need to give more hit points, they also need to add in less damage done by groups of people. Then these people who do this crap would have to kill Jason is smaller groups of people like 1-3 not 5. Oh lord, I guarantee most of these kills squads couldn’t fight a good Jason in a 2v1 or 1v1 

They use the "safety in numbers" clause in their handbook.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:52 PM, DontZzz34 said:

but even if they do give more hit points which I think would help significantly if Jason is going against at most 2-3 people but if people gang up on Jason as a group of 5 it still seems like this wouldn’t fix the problem.

Indeed... this is my point about the extra hit points people keep asking for, it is EASY to work around it... Now imagine how useful that perk (I forget its name) that gives a stacking bonus to damage for each counselor nearby being used by everyone in the mob will become... It will completely negate ANY bonus hit points they give to Jason... Now imagine the same perk used with the thrasher perk by a mob all armed with axes. The only reason more people do not use these perks is because of the ease in removing the mask already... but these perks will keep the mask removal easy no matter how many extra hit points are added.
   And if the Jason kill is ever made more difficult, you can expect to be attacked in groups so the hunters can still try to get an easy kill. Whatever the devs have planned... I hope it at least gives Jason a fair chance to keep his mask on... But there is also a perk rework coming... Things will be... complicated.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:12 AM, Fair Play said:

They use the "safety in numbers" clause in their handbook.

It is frightening when something so simple actually requires a handbook... Even fish fully understand the whole "safety in numbers" thingy... Not to say that fish are "stupid"... there is actually a species of Cichlids that preforms agriculture on a basic level (I cannot remember the name, there are so damned many species of cichlids)... It plants and nurtures its own garden, eats from it sparingly and protects its work with its life... That fish is smarter than many people that could not do the same thing after being taught how to do it. And some people think fish are stupid...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ahab said:

It is frightening when something so simple actually requires a handbook... Even fish fully understand the whole "safety in numbers" thingy... Not to say that fish are "stupid"... there is actually a species of Cichlids that preforms agriculture on a basic level (I cannot remember the name, there are so damned many species of cichlids)... It plants and nurtures its own garden, eats from it sparingly and protects its work with its life... That fish is smarter than many people that could not do the same thing after being taught how to do it. And some people think fish are stupid...

There's a reason fish are referred to as "brain food".

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

Indeed... this is my point about the extra hit points people keep asking for, it is EASY to work around it... Now imagine how useful that perk (I forget its name) that gives a stacking bonus to damage for each counselor nearby being used by everyone in the mob will become... It will completely negate ANY bonus hit points they give to Jason... Now imagine the same perk used with the thrasher perk by a mob all armed with axes. The only reason more people do not use these perks is because of the ease in removing the mask already... but these perks will keep the mask removal easy no matter how many extra hit points are added.
   And if the Jason kill is ever made more difficult, you can expect to be attacked in groups so the hunters can still try to get an easy kill. Whatever the devs have planned... I hope it at least gives Jason a fair chance to keep his mask on... But there is also a perk rework coming... Things will be... complicated.

Yep if they do give extra hit points a mob of 5 counselors who all have axes and the thrasher perk on would still remove the mask with ease. Ahab you and me both are on the same page with making the kill harder. We can only hope the devs do something about it. Till then, kill squads will always have the upper hand and it will not be a level playing field till something is done.

I used to be more involved in killing Jason. Id only team up with one other person doing it because I was never about removing the mask with a large mob. It’s just really lame to gang up on Jason and looks stupid..... I don’t go for the kill anymore really unless someone asks me or if it’s a last resort option. The ease it has makes it kinda boring tbh.... I’m not sure how these kill squads have that much fun doing the same thing every single match. I’ve been having a lot of fun escaping by car lately. Been getting better at driving and not getting the car stuck on a rock near as often 😂

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:06 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Till then, kill squads will always have the upper hand and it will not be a level playing field till something is done.

I have to agree... but can you imagine the crying that will happen if they actually succeed in making it "difficult" to kill Jason?... I can. Some have already started the crying in other threads.

I went through the phase of killing Jason too... early on after purchasing the game, just to get the badges and achievements. But I was not even in a hurry to get those badges... I knew "torpedo" would take forever anyway, so having all badges complete took me a long time anyway... Damned -Water Speed variant that I hold so dear... I will always like my Part 4 Jason.
   After completing the "kill Jason" badge, all other achievements that had anything to do with it were already finished and I just gave up on killing the big guy. Too many players take being killed as Jason rather poorly... I actually was defriended by a couple of people that I killed when they were playing Jason... and with so many extremely rude groups of Jason hunters pounding their chest about "mastering" the simplest part of the game... I just leave it alone unless someone asks me politely for my help.
   I find it far more challenging to escape a good Jason... or to see how many escapes I can contribute to in a match... or how quickly I can get one of the vehicles moving... or to see how long I can run a Jason around the map with the slowest of counselors... You get my point.

After this patch was dropped, I decided... not to kill Jason, but to see how easy it was to remove his mask... with A.J.
   And it was still ridiculously simple to do it.
   I play the slow counselors for a reason... I like a challenge... When killing Jason is actually difficult to do, I may shift focus back to killing the big guy... for the challenge.

I play Part 4 for a reason too.... -Traps and -Water Speed with a -Shift to boot make him a challenge to play against counselor players that know what they are doing. The trap weakness makes objective control very difficult... but still possible if you are good at things like... chasing cars. The water speed weakness makes catching a boat difficult, but not impossible... and the shift weakness is the slowest, and shortest ranged... requiring judicious use of this power or you may not have it ready when you really need it... I also do not like waiting for six strikes to bash down a door... and Part 4 can do in a barred door in 3 shots... a real time saver.

This weekend I was at a friend's place... and played a few hours on his account... using my regular counselor A.J. and... being forced to use a different Jason. His account is only level 25ish. Jason players tunneled me until they got frustrated and moved on to someone else... only for me to say goodbye as I drove a car around them soon after.
    I also heard them calling me a "noob Jason" when I was finally selected as Jason... But using Part 3... with non of the weaknesses I am used to... I made short work of everyone in each match I played as Jason... I am not sure if they thought I was a noob because they checked the level on my friend's account... or because I still played like I had a -Traps weakness and only used traps on the fuse box (I had no mic that night so I could not ask)... Not a single car got past me that night... Which is why I encourage the players to use the cars by not trapping them... I get my practice at stopping at least one car in every single match I play as Jason... and lots of practice does make one 'better'.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:29 PM, Fair Play said:

There's a reason fish are referred to as "brain food".

Fish are rather tasty... but somewhat radioactive these days.

1 minute ago, Ahab said:

Fish are rather tasty... but somewhat radioactive these days.

Not the ones I've had, at least not yet...

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

Not the ones I've had, at least not yet...

Are you sure about that?

Buff Jason's damage output. This will surely send counselors running and make them feel like the victims they are supposed to be.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Are you sure about that?

I'm pretty sure.

Would it make any difference if they made it so he can't be unmasked UNTIL he enters rage? Opinions? It's just a thought I had.

41 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Would it make any difference if they made it so he can't be unmasked UNTIL he enters rage? Opinions? It's just a thought I had.

This is one of those suggestions where I wish we could test it. 

It might be a good solution, we won’t know till someone at Gun tries.

I'm re-posting what I said about this in the "Confessions of a Jason-killer" thread:

I think a great deal of the threat posed by groups could be lessened if the Devs would simply tweak the block mechanic so that:

A] It negates ALL damage/stuns (except from obvious things such as shotguns, flareguns, firecrackers, etc...) from any direction as long as the button is being held.

B] It's no longer necessary to have to hold R1 (on PS4, don't know what it is for Xbox and PC) after every blocked attack, holding it once will suffice no matter how many swings you block.

C] It's possible for Jason to melee swing while blocking (I think this was the case a while back but was removed).

If Jason's block worked like this, much of the intimidation and threat of groups would be reduced. Even if counselors mobbed him at the same time, Jason could fend them off via block + counterattack without having to worry about getting cheap-shotted from behind as soon as he tried to melee swing. Yes, it is possible this could cause the round to effectively grind to a halt if counselors were determined to attack him as soon as he releases block, but seriously, how many groups do you think have that level of patience? Once they realize they can't hit him while blocking, and that getting close to him while he's blocking is only getting them injured, the amount of Jason-kills going on currently will drop (at least in my opinion they will).

Sure, sometimes there will be games that end in what is basically a stalemate because the counselors are as determined to kill Jason as he is to stop them, but much like the Rage buff, players will adapt their gameplay to be a little more in line with the way the game was intended to be played (and killing Jason every 3rd or 4th round was NOT intended). 

Also, I think increasing trap/melee/throwing knife damage would be a big help as well.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:41 PM, Fair Play said:

I'm pretty sure.

You may want to invest in a geiger counter. The results may shock you.

@Ahab if they did make it harder to kill Jason I could about imagine the lake of tears that would be shed.... lol and a lot of players do take being killed as Jason in a poor way. A lot of them get real mad and rage quit. But a lot of people can’t handle losing, I’ve been killed as Jason a few times. But I just use it as motivation to do better next time. And I also know how easy it is to kill Jason so I don’t get too upset over it since the kill squads have an advantage anyways. 

I agree that escaping a good Jason is much harder. I gotta say I’ve had much more excitement surviving the night, car, boat, and police escapes then I ever have with killing Jason. 

People will always talk shit over a gaming console, but wiping them out is the best thing to do 👍🏼 I like part 4 but I like part 8 the best. He can stop the boat, car, and has 5 traps with him. I found myself most successful with him. Last night I was able to stop the car 4 times in one match 😆 part 8’s shift is amazing!

22 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I'm re-posting what I said about this in the "Confessions of a Jason-killer" thread:

Also, I think increasing trap/melee/throwing knife damage would be a big help as well.

In my opinion, I think Jason’s damage output is just fine. A lot of times Jason can send counselors limping pretty well with slashes, throwing knives, and traps. To me, Jason is plenty powerful, except in the part where he loses his mask too easily. 

On 3/21/2019 at 7:28 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

That’s an interesting idea. But might be too op if his hit count on damage was increased with the addition of not being unmasked till rage. like @Slasher_Clone it’d be fun to test it out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

You may want to invest in a geiger counter. The results may shock you.

Oddly enough, I have one.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Oddly enough, I have one.

But are you sure it works?... and if you are sure, then what did you test it on?

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

@Ahab if they did make it harder to kill Jason I could about imagine the lake of tears that would be shed.... lol and a lot of players do take being killed as Jason in a poor way. A lot of them get real mad and rage quit. But a lot of people can’t handle losing, I’ve been killed as Jason a few times. But I just use it as motivation to do better next time. And I also know how easy it is to kill Jason so I don’t get too upset over it since the kill squads have an advantage anyways. 

The river of tears is usually the term I use... because it flows downhill... But I can truly see this one turning into a lake at the bottom of the hill.
    Many people, particularly new players... do not take it well when they are killed while playing Jason... New players that do not know any better, particularly when they are die hard fans of the franchise... tend to assume that killing Jason should be difficult and rare... and the shock of discovering how easy it is to kill him is enough for many to put the game down...
    Dealing with Jason hunters in every match is something I find damned annoying as well. I have died a few times now, it only annoys me if the hunters are rude... But having to deal with Jason hunters in every match changes the dynamic of the entire game into something I do not enjoy playing... I have been able to fight off my fair share of Jason hunters... but many times when they fail, it is simply because they made a stupid mistake... like grabbing the sweater before Tommy shows up... Sweater girl simply gets tunneled until she dies, which always comes with being bitched at for "tunneling"... like really, should I let someone go after a ten second chase, or continue after them? The answer is obvious here... A tunneling I shall go.

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I like part 4 but I like part 8 the best. He can stop the boat, car, and has 5 traps with him. I found myself most successful with him. Last night I was able to stop the car 4 times in one match 😆 part 8’s shift is amazing!

I like to use the more difficult characters to play. I did not do well at first with any of them... but learned my lessons well. Now I do very well with the slowest counselors that have low stamina while kitting Jason around the map... Which is why I laugh when people say certain counselors are useless. When the random bug happens to me and I play Bugsy, Chad or Vanessa... or I am selected as Tommy... it feels like I am playing "The Flash"... and it is so much easier to kite Jason with faster counselors that many Jason players just give up on me.
   The same goes for when I play a different Jason... Part 4, in my opinion has the worst of the weaknesses... when I play another Jason, I carry the trap weakness with me (just habit to use 3 or less traps now)… but I do a lot better with pretty much any other Jason... I just like to play Part 4.

I have never really kept track of how many times I have stopped a car in a match. The closer the car is stopped to an exit, the less chance you have to stop it after someone else starts it up again... But there are 2 cars on many maps... and I never trap the cars, at least not until after I stop one... if I still have traps left.
   I save my (3) traps for the fuse box... and usually go through all of them there... I encourage people to take the cars... But I have been playing this way for so long now, and gotten so much practice at stopping the cars... it is rare one gets by me... But oh yes.. when I started playing Part 4... it had not occurred to me until then to get more practice at stopping the cars... that was forced on me by the -Traps weakness... and when I started playing Part 4 the moment I unlocked him... I was missing cars left and right for a while... but it was great practice.

As to Part 8... I have certain friends that only play Part 8... and at least one of them that proves that "Can't Run" is NOT a weakness. I just always thought that Part 8 was the corniest looking Jason variant... not just from the game, but in the movies as well. It was like they didn't want to bother doing so much make up on Kane Hodder this time... Part 7 looked to be the most extensive make up job... and perhaps the most detailed as well... Its like Jason got new clothes for Part 8, which would mean someone would have had to "dress" him under the lake... which seems a bit weird.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:28 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

That is an interesting idea. I do not think I have seen this one mentioned before.
   It would need to come with conditions.... Does the damage only start registering after his first hit in rage... or will his mask just drop off when rage hits due to the damage already done to him? Remember, after rage... each hit that does not stun does full damage... while a hit that does stun him does much less damage and leaves him open to that dreaded indefensible demasking hit (with which you will always do full damage as he cannot be stunned for 2 seconds after coming out of a stun).

It is not a bad thought, but I could see this just turning into a piñata party again just to put him into rage quicker... so he can be killed. If this is all that was done to fix the problem, it would still only take a couple of hits after rage hits to demask him anyway... It does not address that problem, and that is the biggest part of it being so easy to kill Jason... Just the ease of mask removal.

On 3/16/2019 at 5:52 PM, DontZzz34 said:

I feel like my eyes are going to fall out of my head from rolling them so much after reading this.

Jason just got the most overpowered buff he could EVER get, and now you want him to have more?

It's no wonder the game only has a playerbase of 300 people now.

Counselors are SUPPOSED to group up and work together. We were told to do this from the very start of the game.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

I feel like my eyes are going to fall out of my head from rolling them so much after reading this.

Jason just got the most overpowered buff he could EVER get, and now you want him to have more?

Counselors are SUPPOSED to group up and work together. We were told to do this from the very start of the game.

No they were supposed to work together indeed, but not group together and beat up Jason. The most overpowered buff he could get is Rage from the beginning btw. You still have 12 mins to avoid him before he gets rage. IF you still choose to run up to him and fight him, then he will have it sooner. Your choice...

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

No they were supposed to work together indeed, but not group together and beat up Jason. The most overpowered buff he could get is Rage from the beginning btw. You still have 12 mins to avoid him before he gets rage. IF you still choose to run up to him and fight him, then he will have it sooner. Your choice...

If they are going to group up together, then obviously Jason will find them and chase them all, aka, he is going to get beat down a few times.

Even a group of AJs and Tiffanys will be quickly found because of OP Sense.

Strength in numbers.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

If they are going to group up together, then obviously Jason will find them and chase them all, aka, he is going to get beat down a few times.

Even a group of AJs and Tiffanys will be quickly found because of OP Sense.

Strength in numbers.

Well prepatch there was way too many dance parties by the cops and jasons just being owned. In comes new patch. no more beating on jason for 20 mins while most people escaped, and a couple of knuckle heads pointlessly stick around to continuously stun, and dance. Now when you get the cops called, you get out, or you have a couple of shotguns and stun dance a couple of times, then you either get out or die. Better for everyone..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sogreth said:

LMAO!!!!! Counselors aren’t really supposed to group up and go beat on Jason. If you wanna kill jason do it in a group of 2. Or remove the mask by yourself with a low strength counselor then you got yourself more of a challenge if Jason knows combat well. It’s the most unskillful crap to go beat on him with a group of 5 other people to remove mask. 

If you read any of my posts on here you’d know what I think of the rage buff. Personally, I love combat in the game so taking it out entirely when Jason hits rage kinda sucks. At the same time I do like the rage buff and think it was necessary. Some adjustments do need made because I think no stunning is too much. Fireworks, flares, Tommy (Hero), and final survivor should be exclusive to stunning Jason in rage. All I really want Jason to have now is to keep his mask better. Anyone with common sense would know jason needs more hit points to keep his mask. 1-2 hit de masks with buggzy is ridiculous 

And counselors can work together to repair, part delivery, etc but not to gang up on Jason.... that’s just lame ugh rolled my eyes reading your comment 😂

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Thank you