What is your favorite Friday the 13th movie and why?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Personal favorite Friday the 13th movie

• Friday the 13th (1980)
    • Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
    • Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
    • Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
    • Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)
    • Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)
    • Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)
    • Friday the 13th VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
    • Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (1993)
    • Jason X (2001)
    • Friday the 13th (2009 reboot)

This one is extremely difficult for me. I went with Part 3 for a few reasons.

Though its a total gimmick flick, the process they went through to film 3-d seemed extremely rigorous and tedious.

The fact Richard Brooker was a stunt guy that ended up with the part is awesome. Not just because it was a stunt guy playing him, but Brooker gave Jason a human feel with his bumbling around, yet when he pulls himself up on the noose and reveals his face; or walks like a somnabulistic zombie with the axe buried in his head is just fun stuff to me. He gave Jason character and his hulking mass was great for it. That neck and those traps are still terrifying to me.

Its also the flick where Jason gets his mask from Shelly, that is huge to the franchise. Thank goodness that crew guy had a hockey mask in his car that day. 

I also think the survivor aspect from earlier trauma and returning to that camp with Chris showed what a bad ass final girl she was. The psychological effects and her overcoming, then physically overcoming Jason make her one of my favorite final girls. 

• Like 1

Besides Part 6, Part 5 was a good movie in my opinion. Was pretty cool to see a new masked killer besides Jason, of course.

• Like 1

I voted for the reboot. It encapsulated everything that a F13 film should have; a dope Jason design, comedy, gratuitous violence (although I would have liked more), and hot babes. I also saw it in the theatre on Friday the 13th and to top it off, I had eaten 2 pot browniez and Y2J, Chris f**king Jericho sat next to me and was crackin wise the whole time. Good times... F**ker.

• Like 1