Sign in to follow this  
malloymk

New game start idea

Not saying this would be the best way to go, but would it be better if the game started immediately after the opening cut scene?

Jason is an immediate threat. Sure he doesn't have shift yet, but the if objectives are at the game start area he can trap those right away or choose to try to kill a counselor. He doesn't have to necessarily worry about the Tommy call getting made right away. Counselors wouldn't have as much time to just raid desks for items. 

There are some issues that I can think of (probably more Vanessas, people will be pissed if they die 30 seconds into the game, etc), but I think it makes it more tense from the beginning as you have to scramble right away, as opposed to doddle around grabbing items. You actually have to get across the map to search for objectives instead of spawning in the phone house.

I think the "5 minutes later" concept worked at first, but the time has come to change that mechanic.

Thoughts?

I don’t think Jason should spawn right next to the counselors when the match starts. They need a little time to gear up first. Instead, they should spread out the parts further from the objectives

41 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I don’t think Jason should spawn right next to the counselors when the match starts. They need a little time to gear up first. Instead, they should spread out the parts further from the objectives

There’s perks that start you with gear, so I don’t think that’s an argument against it, those perks instantly become more useful if the match starts right away. It could also encourage altruistic actions early in the match as you don’t want to end up fucked if all the repair Counselors die.

48 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Not saying this would be the best way to go, but would it be better if the game started immediately after the opening cut scene?

Thoughts?

I like this idea quite a bit, I actually don’t see any obvious flaws in trying it out. With that said, I’d only want it to be a chance of this happening, definitely not more than 50% or 3 matches in a row. If would change behaviour, wether that’s perk selection or hunting techniques which would bring tension back. 

Remember not to get stun happy kids, you’re only making the end game harder, 😝. Firecrackers and Slugger is the new meta. Lol

Well if you think back to the pre alpha/concept days.

There were hints of starting off in different places. For instance Jason starting in the lake instead. I remember mentioning to shifty who said he would 'pass it along'.

I guess it was another issue of time and money that prevented RNG Jason spawns outside of the two shack spots. That, or they wanted counselors to ALWAYS know where Jason could spawn from to start.

Even though knives weren't a thing yet in beta. Even the smallest detail of Jason starting outside his shack was a neat detail.

In terms of the intro itself. I agree, it never made sense that Jason comes in, then goes back to his shack.

Why not just give him the two extra knives to start the match and spawn him somewhere else on an RNG basis?

4 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Well if you think back to the pre alpha/concept days.

There were hints of starting off in different places. For instance Jason starting in the lake instead. I remember mentioning to shifty who said he would 'pass it along'.

I guess it was another issue of time and money that prevented RNG Jason spawns outside of the two shack spots. That, or they wanted counselors to ALWAYS know where Jason could spawn from to start.

Even though knives weren't a thing yet in beta. Even the smallest detail of Jason starting outside his shack was a neat detail.

In terms of the intro itself. I agree, it never made sense that Jason comes in, then goes back to his shack.

Why not just give him the two extra knives to start the match and spawn him somewhere else on an RNG basis?

Holy shit! The Beta intro cutscene looks great(Or I liked it because I never saw it). I actually hate to see Rob dying every single match, could've been used as a playable counselor. And instead the first victim could've been a counselor who's not been selected by anyone in the lobby. For example if no one choose to play as Shelly, he will be the first victim in the opening cutscene. This has been brought up once I know. I liked it and brought it up again. Shame we cannot getting any of these suggestions.

Problem is, Jason isn't a real "threat" at all no matter where he starts.    Outside of brief rage moments, hes the same JOKE hes always been.  Easy to toy with with the Steroid Counselors.   Hes such a joke you don't even need to go for objectives. 

Make Jason not afraid to hit furniture so you don't get juked around for 100 years by Vanessa/Bugzys around tables and chairs.   Fix his fucking grab to prevent Counselor Bullying for the love of god especially when in rage mode. .  No more one hit knockdowns either.  Basic stuns is ok.  Not knock downs with one hit of a baseball bat. 

Speed him up.  Hes back to being a slow piece of shit after they sped him up during the Roy patch and combined with the clunky nerf grab (which almost renders the shift/grab useless) Vanessas and Bugys can play Roadrunner against Wyle E Coyoute all game long.     You basically don't even have to go for objectives because theres NO REASON to even be afraid of him because of these things.  If you have a lobby full of Vanessas/ Bugsys, Jason is basically screwed. 

For Jason to be a threat again these things need to happen.   You wouldn't see so many "Jason Kills" either.  Something that SHOULD be rare, Im seeing it happen just about every day now.  About a year ago I saw it happen maybe once or twice within 3-4 months 

Either that or de-buff Vanessa/Bugsy.