On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:25 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Easy Jason fix: Morph to the last T-junction bridge and wait. You are guaranteed to flip the boat if you do, as they MUST go under that bridge to reach the exits.

The only probably is it's close to the shore, so they may make it to land before you drown them. You will probably get at least one of them if you're quick though.

The boat is risky, but I get away in it more often than not. And many times I will get around Jason players in the water... A bridge with a support under it is a great way to get around Jason as you can see him on the mini map... he goes through one side, you go through the other... And I have gotten around Jason in the canals many times as well.
   This is not to say I never get caught in the boat... I do, as I said... it is risky... But it is also worth it every time.

20 hours ago, Ahab said:

The boat is risky, but I get away in it more often than not. And many times I will get around Jason players in the water... A bridge with a support under it is a great way to get around Jason as you can see him on the mini map... he goes through one side, you go through the other... And I have gotten around Jason in the canals many times as well.
   This is not to say I never get caught in the boat... I do, as I said... it is risky... But it is also worth it every time.

If Jason positions himself a few feet ahead of the bridge in line with the middle support structure, I guarantee you will never get by him. Hes far enough away to clearly see what side you went under but close enough to easily move within flip range even if you try swerving to the far right or left as soon as the boat clears the wall.

37 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If Jason positions himself a few feet ahead of the bridge in line with the middle support structure, I guarantee you will never get by him.

I agree, that would be the proper way for Jason to go about it and they would be successful with it more often than not... But, as we discussed in another thread... impatience leads to mistakes and most Jason players just see an easy kill on the boat and charge right through. After all, most people consider the boat to be a death trap, but I know better... It is my preferred method of escape. 
   I escape in the boat on Pinehurst more than any other map... and the entire trip on the boat is through canals. Jarvis is a close second, also loaded with canals... I escape on the boat so often, the name "Pequod" should be painted across the bow... and a cosmetic harpoon should be placed in the boat for the inevitable encounter with that damned white whale. Alas, that will never be due to the "no new content" thingy... and its not like it really fits with this franchise... except as a joke that I make.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I agree, that would be the proper way for Jason to go about it and they would be successful with it more often than not... But, as we discussed in another thread... impatience leads to mistakes and most Jason players just see an easy kill on the boat and charge right through. After all, most people consider the boat to be a death trap, but I know better... It is my preferred method of escape. 
   I escape in the boat on Pinehurst more than any other map... and the entire trip on the boat is through canals. Jarvis is a close second, also loaded with canals... I escape on the boat so often, the name "Pequod" should be painted across the bow... and a cosmetic harpoon should be placed in the boat for the inevitable encounter with that damned white whale. Alas, that will never be due to the "no new content" thingy... and its not like it really fits with this franchise... except as a joke that I make.

It's a common mistake to hop right in and start chasing the boat. You're probably not going to outrun it even with p7 or p8, so you're much better off Morphing to a location that they must sail by to escape.

9 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It's a common mistake to hop right in and start chasing the boat. You're probably not going to outrun it even with p7 or p8, so you're much better off Morphing to a location that they must sail by to escape.

This is good advice, I will add that part 2 can get two shots at it on most maps if you go at them, at the docks and again at the exit gate but a choke point is more reliable in my experience. It really comes down to those factors that you just don’t control.   

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This is good advice, I will add that part 2 can get two shots at it on most maps if you go at them, at the docks and again at the exit gate but a choke point is more reliable in my experience. It really comes down to those factors that you just don’t control.   

Not to change the subject but if it's a car escape, you're better off using Morph to teleport ahead of them a ways and going for a Stalk-Shift instead of just Morphing right in front of them and hoping you end up close to the road. 

2 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Not to change the subject but if it's a car escape, you're better off using Morph to teleport ahead of them a ways and going for a Stalk-Shift instead of just Morphing right in front of them and hoping you end up close to the road. 

Definitely, I try to always put a building between me and the road and use the map to track the car. Stalk right when I land or just after I line myself up with the road. Way easier to hit the car if you’re coming at it from the front. No issues with changing the subject, both are good. 

@Slasher_Clone @HaHaTrumpWon

Problem is once you're on the drivers mini-map, you don't come off of it regardless of what you do.  

So if you were near the car at any point at the start of the driving sequence and then stalk/morph, the driver sees exactly where you go.  Well not perfectly exact, but the general direction you went in.

Have done tests with a friend on this.  Morphing from Birch Ridge to the Main Rd while someone was at Flat Rock.  They were able to tell which side I went to and exactly when I morphed there. 

Go for a morph well ahead of them and watch them just do an ebrake 180 and drive out the other way with no interference from you. 

It's stupid, and apparently everyone still doesn't know this happens.  

34 minutes ago, SirMang said:

@Slasher_Clone @HaHaTrumpWon

Problem is once you're on the drivers mini-map, you don't come off of it regardless of what you do.  

So if you were near the car at any point at the start of the driving sequence and then stalk/morph, the driver sees exactly where you go.  Well not perfectly exact, but the general direction you went in.

Have done tests with a friend on this.  Morphing from Birch Ridge to the Main Rd while someone was at Flat Rock.  They were able to tell which side I went to and exactly when I morphed there. 

Go for a morph well ahead of them and watch them just do an ebrake 180 and drive out the other way with no interference from you. 

It's stupid, and apparently everyone still doesn't know this happens.  

I must have incredible luck then because literally every single time I Stalk-Shift head-on to an oncoming car they continue in my direction whether I miss or not. This lack of evasive action such as trying to reverse direction or swerve seems to suggest to me that they were unaware of what's coming.

Edit: Are you saying that Stalk-Shift never hides you from a moving vehicle, or it doesn't hide you if you've already been seen or already appeared on it?

41 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I must have incredible luck then because literally every single time I Stalk-Shift head-on to an oncoming car they continue in my direction whether I miss or not. This lack of evasive action such as trying to reverse direction or swerve seems to suggest to me that they were unaware of what's coming.

Edit: Are you saying that Stalk-Shift never hides you from a moving vehicle, or it doesn't hide you if you've already been seen or already appeared on it?

Once you're on the drivers mini-map, you never come off of it as long as the driver stays in the car. 

Testing with a friend showed me this.  Both from Jason POV and then driver POV. 

So, we'll go back to my previous example.  Morphing from Birch to one of the exits when the driver is at Flat Rock.  You can then go into stalk, and morph out to say...the boathouse.  The driver will still see your red circle on the map and know you morphed somewhere to the north.  Obviously, he won't know exactly where you went.  

Like I said, it's absolutely ridiculous and run nerves of steel, pay attention to your mini-map while driving, and you can literally drive around for 10+ minutes and Jason has zero ability to stop any of it.  Of course, you can hit trees, rocks, the Higgins barn LOL and screw yourself but that's all on you, not Jason. 

Next time you play and get in the car, pay attention to the mini-map while doing so.  You can see the entire shift to the car and you can either block him with the car, or let him overtake you and just do an e-brake 180 in the opposite direction of the side he's shifting.  When you see him shift straight at you, just e-brake 180 and bam, now Jason is behind the car.  You can be on the main road going towards an exit and you'll see him morph out to that exit you're driving at, e-brake 180 again and just drive out through the other exit.  He won't have another morph and his shift won't get him anywhere close to you.  Or if you really wanna be a dick, just keep driving at him and e-brake 180 right in front of him.  Watch Jason flail with his weapon at either the side of the car or the back of the car.  Again, been there, done that. 

The only chance you have at stopping a car with a driver who understands all of this happens is to either a. know the morph squares and where it'll put you and immediately shift into the car to catch the driver by surprise or b. get lucky on the morph and shift instantly into the car.  

6 minutes ago, SirMang said:

The only chance you have at stopping a car with a driver who understands all of this happens is to either a. know the morph squares and where it'll put you and immediately shift into the car to catch the driver by surprise or b. get lucky on the morph and shift instantly into the car.  

I can’t vouch for wether you always stay on the mini map, I do know if you’re not on the map when the car starts you can surprise them. When you morph ahead and attack from behind a building it seems to work the majority of the time to confuse the driver. Maybe I’ve just gotten lucky but I don’t think it’s impossible to stop the car.

As a ‘good’ driver myself, who does run NoS I still have to work for escapes in the car if Jason is skilled. I think you’re over estimating how easy the Counselors have it, they do have the advantage but not an insurmountable one. 

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

I can’t vouch for wether you always stay on the mini map, I do know if you’re not on the map when the car starts you can surprise them. When you morph ahead and attack from behind a building it seems to work the majority of the time to confuse the driver. Maybe I’ve just gotten lucky but I don’t think it’s impossible to stop the car.

As a ‘good’ driver myself, who does run NoS I still have to work for escapes in the car if Jason is skilled. I think you’re over estimating how easy the Counselors have it, they do have the advantage but not an insurmountable one. 

Next time you drive, pay attention to your mini-map.  

Jason can catch you by surprise on the initial morph and shift, true.  But, if he morphs anywhere near you, you'll see him on the mini-map.  And then you'll see his entire shift. 

If you get passed the initial "ambush" again this has to be extremely precise, Jason, regardless of where he goes from there will never come off your mini-map as long as you don't get out of the car.  

And if he was pressuring the car when you started it, there is no chance at ambushing the car as he'll be on the mini-map right from the start. 

3 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Next time you drive, pay attention to your mini-map.  

Jason can catch you by surprise on the initial morph and shift, true.  But, if he morphs anywhere near you, you'll see him on the mini-map.  And then you'll see his entire shift. 

If you get passed the initial "ambush" again this has to be extremely precise, Jason, regardless of where he goes from there will never come off your mini-map as long as you don't get out of the car.  

And if he was pressuring the car when you started it, there is no chance at ambushing the car as he'll be on the mini-map right from the start. 

That’s been my experience, like I said no testing but it is possible to get them that way.

The last time I played Jason I played with a group of friends and friends of friends. One of the friends of friends was obnoxious and a glitcher. He’d float around the map in a frozen aim position that made it impossible or next to impossible to get him with a grab. I eventually killed everybody in the lobby but I had a very rough first half of the match where none of my grabs seemed to activate. By that point I knew I was playing with Jason hunters so I made sure to trap the first two power boxes I morphed to and crossed my fingers. I also made damn sure that I saved the best person and Jason killer in chief for third just in case. He was the first person I grabbed and once I knew who it was I refused to complete the kill. He wasn’t even trying to get out of the hold so I had to coax another person into hitting me. But once I did come back and kill him the rest fell like dominos as I successfully defended the power box. The stupid thing is that if they weren’t so focused on killing me and fixed the car instead they likely would have escaped. They managed to call the cops but it was too late by that point. I hate being Jason more than once a night. It’s too damned stressful. As far as that party went I only lasted two more games before calling it a night. 

Getting back to obnoxious kill squads; if I'm Jason twice in a row, I almost always let everybody escape in the 2nd round. Usually what happens is I'll spend the round trying to see how many knives I can find, but there have been times where I take a leisurely stroll around the map and when I do I usually get joined by 1 or more counselors. The vast majority of players appreciate this, and I usually get a positive response about it.

USUALLY ... not always. There have been times where even after telling them they're free to leave if they want, some stupid motherfuckers decide to look the gift horse in the mouth and commence an attempt at a Jason-kill (which is the reason I dump all of my #6's traps right in the doorway of the shack, guaranteeing that you have to step on at least 2 of them to get inside). When this happens, their "grace period" gets revoked and anyone that hasn't escaped gets murdered. I still don't understand why some of them pull this shit. If Jason tells you to escape, it's very much in your best interests to just do it (and do it quickly, before a fellow counselor does something stupid to make him change his mind). For whatever reason, I find that it's much more likely to end badly if the counselors are low leveled, though honestly I'd have expected this to come from the lv 100+ crowd.

16 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

A bad morph can still screw up the +Water speed Jasons. If they are far enough behind you, they will not catch you. I have had a great many very close calls. They are faster than the boat, but not that much faster.
   Neutral water speed will not catch up to the boat if you get them behind you... and I have got around Jason in canals, it is just way more difficult than out in open water. A patient Jason will always get you in the canals if they morph ahead of you... even if they have -Water speed.
    For a -Water speed variant... it is all about angle of attack. They will miss you more often than not... but sometimes they still get you. It took me quite some time to get the torpedo badge with Part 4... but I got it. Before I unlocked Part 4, I had very few boat tippings towards this... as at that time, very few people had even bothered with trying to escape me in the boat. Most games for me at that point was all about learning to fight off the battle Chads that were having a piñata party.
    I do not use perks that increase the boat's speed... and I am unsure if the best of these perks give enough of an increase to speed for a +Water speed Jason to still be faster than the boat.

There are ways to (almost) ensure the boat escape... but communication is required. Sitting in the boat while Jason is chasing someone across the map from you and asking to be informed when he uses his morph works EVERY time... except against Part 2, he gets his morph back before you can make it to the exit in most cases (as @Slasher_Clone pointed out). Fortunately, he has a -Water speed and you can get around him easily in open water. If Jason is marked and you watch the map, you can often see him use a morph when he appears across the map from where he was a moment ago... But communication is more reliable than this.
     Another tactic is to start the boat and run away... Jason cannot tip the boat at the dock. You may not get away in it, but it gives whoever gets in the boat a very good chance of escaping... Many Jason players have gotten used to the start up sound for the boat and do not keep checking their map anymore... but some do, I have still been caught with this method... but it has worked more times than not... Communication still helps with this method, all that is required is someone keeping Jason busy for 30 seconds or so after you get in the already running boat.
     It is very situational, but the boat is still always worth a try.

As to what @SirMang pointed out... Once Jason is on your mini map when driving, I have never seen him disappear from it... And I do use nerves of steel, so I never lose the mini map... not just for this reason, I like the no fear build for many reasons. I do not know if it has always been like this, but it has been like this for a long time now.
    However... most people do not use nerves of steel... and even when they do, it is still VERY possible to catch the car. I miss the car on the first try sometimes... but I VERY rarely miss it on the second try (when I get a second try)… and I almost never miss on my third try (when I get a third try, which is extremely rare for me).
    I have had many drivers express surprise and shock when I stop the car with Part 4 and his -Shift (which is slower and shorter range)... "How the fuck did he do that?" is common for me to hear when I stop a car that is not driven by a friend... Most of my friends know better than to give me a second chance to stop the car... and they also know why I do not trap the cars... I like to get my practice at chasing them in every match that I can... I encourage them to try and escape in the car... And if they do escape, then... "good job" is all I can say.
    It is very helpful to the driver to see Jason on the mini map, but even for a VERY skilled driver, it is still NOT a guarantee of escape.

5 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I still don't understand why some of them pull this shit.

The stupidity of Humanity will NEVER cease to amaze you as you travel through life.... Trust me on this... Just when you think no one could possibly be "that stupid"... someone will come along to prove you wrong.

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

There are ways to (almost) ensure the boat escape... but communication is required. Sitting in the boat while Jason is chasing someone across the map from you and asking to be informed when he uses his morph works EVERY time... except against Part 2, he gets his morph back before you can make it to the exit in most cases (as @Slasher_Clone pointed out). Fortunately, he has a -Water speed and you can get around him easily in open water. If Jason is marked and you watch the map, you can often see him use a morph when he appears across the map from where he was a moment ago... But communication is more reliable than this.

If I Morph away somewhere and immediately hear the boat or car start up, I don't even bother unless I'm very close to whichever one started. 

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:47 AM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If I Morph away somewhere and immediately hear the boat or car start up, I don't even bother unless I'm very close to whichever one started. 

Words of wisdom, as there is no point in chasing something you cannot catch... Everyone will eventually run into a situation in which a vehicle starts up and they have just used morph or shift... or both.

When the game is practically over after Jason gets Rage, killing him is the only thing to do. Especially when people are now rushing to get the boat/car and leaving everyone behind. Or hog med sprays and don't tank traps so people can fix the phone. I'm considering running with Hypochondriac AND Medic just so I have a damn med spray.

So many times I'll see a Counselor running around doing nothing, then when they finally die/leave, they had 2-3 sprays on them.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2019 at 2:30 PM, Ahab said:

Words of wisdom, as there is no point in chasing something you cannot catch... Everyone will eventually run into a situation in which a vehicle starts up and they have just used morph or shift... or both.

I set traps and then run everywhere usually for this exact reason. I try to only use morph when I hear trap triggered or see one triggered on map. Some times you can't help if traps are triggered in multiple spots(tip for those counselors that still think Jason is OP, make him work!) and have to pick and choose where to go to defend. 4 seater/phone house are usually my top priorities.

I will go for morph grabs later in the match though when numbers have dwindled and they have no chance at completing an objective.. 😈

• Like 1

8 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I set traps and then run everywhere usually for this exact reason. I try to only use morph when I hear trap triggered or see one triggered on map. Some times you can't help if traps are triggered in multiple spots(tip for those counselors that still think Jason is OP, make him work!) and have to pick and choose where to go to defend. 4 seater/phone house are usually my top priorities.

I will go for morph grabs later in the match though when numbers have dwindled and they have no chance at completing an objective.. 😈

Running everywhere is a terrible strategy imo unless possibly on small maps. I’d rather take the chance on people springing a trap or starting a vehicle immediately after morph, than wasting time getting to the objectives. 

6 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Running everywhere is a terrible strategy imo unless possibly on small maps. I’d rather take the chance on people springing a trap or starting a vehicle immediately after morph, than wasting time getting to the objectives. 

Nothing happening at the objectives if they are trapped still is what I am saying. I'm out hunting until I have to go defend. That's when I use morph, to get somewhere fast when I HAVE to not just to check an objective, find out nothing is going on there, then have a trap triggered across the map and regen to long to get back over there. Using morph wisely can go a long way, well unless you are pt2 whos regen is ridiculously fast and can take a few errors in stride.

As far as nightmare Morph scenarios, I think the absolute worst is hearing a skill-check fail, teleporting over to whatever objective it came from, then hearing Pamela's alert as soon as you arrive. It absolutely sucks for this to happen, and if whatever you Morphed to is on the opposite side of the map as the shack, you're fucked. If you're on Pinehurst, you're super-fucked. Unless they're waiting for you in the shack, whoever stole the sweater is going to be long gone by the time you get there. If this happens, the best thing you can do is go back to hunting counselors, but be very cautious for the rest of the game and try not to let yourself get baited into an ambush (I.E. failing the phone-repair on purpose in an attempt to get you to come to a location where everyone has axes, bats, and machetes).

1 minute ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

but be very cautious for the rest of the game and try not to let yourself get baited into an ambush (I.E. failing the phone-repair on purpose in an attempt to get you to come to a location where everyone has axes, bats, and machetes).

😂 This is exactly what happened the last time i was attempted to be killed. A chad and bugsy were chasing me around early match with machetes. I just set my traps and morphed away ignoring them. Eventually the phone box trap went off, followed by 3 or 4 failed sounds right away. I get there and EVERYONE is there. All 7 just hanging out with weapons(and firecrackers they use to stun and hit with machete for free damage coming out of animation).  

22 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

😂 This is exactly what happened the last time i was attempted to be killed. A chad and bugsy were chasing me around early match with machetes. I just set my traps and morphed away ignoring them. Eventually the phone box trap went off, followed by 3 or 4 failed sounds right away. I get there and EVERYONE is there. All 7 just hanging out with weapons(and firecrackers they use to stun and hit with machete for free damage coming out of animation).  

I got killed earlier tonight after probably the dumbest thing I've ever done in this game. We're on Jarvis House and I'm fighting the counselors for control of the fuse-box. A couple of them die and the rest scatter. A few minutes later and here we go again, but my mask breaks. They split up again, and s few minutes later I get the alert from Pamela. Luckily my Morph was ready so I got to the shack almost instantly but the only one there was a Vanessa who I could clearly see didn't have the sweater. At this point, I think I've beat them to it.

Tommy and 3-4 counselors show up seconds later, so I body-block the doorway (in combat stance while holding block). Nobody moves for almost a full minute, so I assumed they were trying to figure out how to get inside the shack with me in the doorway. 

Then out of nowhere, SG does her thing and that's game over. They had the sweater the whole time, but I never got the alert since the sweater-girl had my mask. The alert I heard was from the Vanessa running in and out of the shack, but since she didn't have it, I thought I made it before they could steal the sweater.

One of them later told me how confused they were when I started blocking the entrance, but realized I must not be aware the sweater was already stolen.

Sheer dumb-assery on my part