Sign in to follow this  
TommyJarvis609

Obnoxious kill squads

I interfere because most kill squads are dicks. Especially the kind that make F13 accounts, some even calling themselves I_Kill_Jason or I_Stun_Jason. I won't deny me running them down is a pretty spiteful thing to do, but I don't do it just for me. I once let a random Jason kill me cause a Vanessa let him kill her. Unfortunately, I didn't get Tommy but I should have. I would've just tried helping the counselors escape instead of going with the sweater girl. The kinds of kill squads I'm fine with are the ones that don't purposefully let themselves die and harass Jason. They just play the game normally but will kill Jason if the circumstances are right. Sometimes if I'm dealing with a kill squad as Jason, I'll try to kill other randoms so they'll be a LOT less likely to get Tommy. That's another way of me fucking up their plans, lol. The worst kind of kill squads are just a bunch of Buggzy's, Vanessa's, Fox's or Adam's that run around ganging up on Jason. But again, I think most of the kill squads are pointless. Cause what if the kill fucks up and no one repaired anything? That would be pretty bad for them and just butchers the match as a whole.

But Jason should still be harder to kill, not treated as some tool for the counselor's to play with. In the entirety of the F13 franchise, he's supposed to be this imposing unstoppable force and the game doesn't showcase that at all. It would feel a lot more rewarding to have a group of skilled and organized counselor's take down Jason together after battling him for so long.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:43 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Still need a competent boat driver to get the Counselors trophy for being a passenger, I keep dying when I do go for that one. Very close to done but holding off on focus getting them because then, I’ll have done it all feeling. 

Its too bad you are not on PC.... I have helped many people get that achievement... sometimes with several escapes with the person in need of the achievement in one night. The hardest part is taking a specific person with you in the boat.
   The best hint I can give is watch the mini map for Jason... when you see him, switch to the big map... and when you see that he has just morphed... its time to start the boat. Other than that, if people will communicate with you and tell you when he morphs... then that works even better and can be less of a wait. When not using these tactics, it is just dumb luck if Jason does not have a morph to go after the boat when he hears the warning... But Part 2 will get another morph before you make it to the exit... making him more dangerous to me than a +Water Speed Jason... at least, when you time out that morph with a boat start anyway.
   Another tactic I have used is start the boat... then get out and run... I have had a problem with this one recently as I sometimes cannot get out of the boat to run away. Then return after a minute or so to the boat and leave unhindered... Many Jason players have forgotten to watch their maps for the boat... it was habit before the start up sound was put in... but not anymore.
   Getting around a neutral or -Water Speed Jason is not a big deal if you have the room... and I have been pulling it off in the canals on Pinehurst recently. Once they are behind you... they cannot catch up to you... and if a +Water Speed is far enough behind you (foiled by a bad morph pin)… then you will still get away, they can only catch up to you so quickly.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 2:00 PM, BeautyNumber2 said:

That’s why I’ve become an intentional sweater hog and will only permit killing Jason if it’s organic or deserved. I might also use the sweater to save somone’s life if Jason is in rage and slashing. A sweater stun + healing has saved many lives. 

Killing an obviously new/bad Jason is in poor taste. If I sense a kill squad I may withhold using the sweater for the kill and instead opt to sidle and help a counselor in need. If you want to be lame and roll a kill squad with your four buddies you have every right, just like I have every right to not use the sweater sns. 

I agree with this whole heartedly. Another tactic is to waste the sweater early on in game to foil their plans.

• Like 2

@Sir Jack, I can acknowledge your point but I made it pretty clear in the other thread that using the sweater or escaping with it isn’t cheating or teaming. Killing hunting parties is a dick move and could be considered teaming but it’s got a lot of grey. If you stand if front of the car, I’ll run you over, so it comes down to intent and guessing strangers intent is mostly pointless. If you’re the type, like the guy up top, to take their hurt feelings out on other players, you’re part of the toxic element in this community. 

Killing Jason is part of the game... a part that needs to be balanced. It’s a one sided affair right now but it isn’t for us to try and fix by being toxic in QP. I hope you feel the same way, really I do but if you’re the type to kill a level 20 or below Jason then clearly we have different ideas of what’s fair play. These things are connected, you as a member of a hunting party want Jason to give you a challenge and not follow some routine, but if they don’t get the experience, knowing that’s what’s going on, that they’re being hunted how are they going to learn to adapt. 

I’m friends with a couple of kill teams just because I like being hunted but that doesn’t change the fact that I think it’s an unfair fight right now. I made friends specifically because you need to learn how to fight them, you can’t really do this if you don’t know that’s the game. I guess what I’m trying to say is, if you want Jason’s to play that game with you you’re going to have to start finding people to teach. That’s all you can really do. I’m glad you’d like stuns reduced, and I’ve enjoyed our chats. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Sir Jack, I can acknowledge your point but I made it pretty clear in the other thread that using the sweater or escaping with it isn’t cheating or teaming. Killing hunting parties is a dick move and could be considered teaming but it’s got a lot of grey. If you stand if front of the car, I’ll run you over, so it comes down to intent and guessing strangers intent is mostly pointless. If you’re the type, like the guy up top, to take their hurt feelings out on other players, you’re part of the toxic element in this community. 

Killing Jason is part of the game... a part that needs to be balanced. It’s a one sided affair right now but it isn’t for us to try and fix by being toxic in QP. I hope you feel the same way, really I do but if you’re the type to kill a level 20 or below Jason then clearly we have different ideas of what’s fair play. These things are connected, you as a member of a hunting party want Jason to give you a challenge and not follow some routine, but if they don’t get the experience, knowing that’s what’s going on, that they’re being hunted how are they going to learn to adapt. 

I’m friends with a couple of kill teams just because I like being hunted but that doesn’t change the fact that I think it’s an unfair fight right now. I made friends specifically because you need to learn how to fight them, you can’t really do this if you don’t know that’s the game. I guess what I’m trying to say is, if you want Jason’s to play that game with you you’re going to have to start finding people to teach. That’s all you can really do. I’m glad you’d like stuns reduced, and I’ve enjoyed our chats. 

Thanks for reply, I tagged you just to give some context to my other topic.
Teaming with Jason for me is borderline cheating, as you give the killer an unfair advantage. And as I don't prevent people who DON'T wanna take part to the killing from doing their thing (I could hold on to the fuse or the car keys, I.e.), I expect the same from other players.
Problem is, this type of behavior as been spreading a lot and it seems to be socially acceptable among the fans, that really pisses me off.

About the balance of gaming etc I already said something about it in my thread so maybe we could continue there and don't go off topic here :D

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:39 AM, Sir Jack said:

I tagged you just to give some context to my other topic.

I understand the context already, better than most. But as I stated over in @Fair Play's thread with the poll about "sweater use"... people will use the sweater how they see fit, and are fully within their rights to do with it whatever they like... and if they do not want to participate in the Jason kill... not sorry to say it... but they have just as much right to the sweater as you do... they just got to it first.
   I hate teamers as much as the next person... But one thing I hate more than teamers is people that scream "teamer!" when there is no teaming... and I see that far more than anything that can legitimately be called "teaming with Jason".... I can also understand why a few players would just waste the sweater... after seeing ten or more Jason kills in a night... I will start wasting the fricking' sweater... That is NOT teaming, that is just not wanting every single frickin' match in a night to end with Jason dying.
   If it was difficult to kill Jason... and it was actually rare to see... I still would not call it teaming to waste the sweater... some people just want the achievements and do not want to kill Jason. If you want the sweater... make sure you are the first to get it... and the same can be said about everything else in this game... If you want a pocket knife, you better find one quick... and so on.
   As a matter of fact... with the rage buff being what it is... beating on Jason and putting him into rage early can be called teaming just as easily... the difference here is, that this one actually makes it harder on everyone, not just the Jason hunters.

The issue with kill squads is they are not afraid of engaging Jason. To remedy the situation, all that is needed is a buff to Jason's damage output. 

@SirMang being able to put the mask back on would also help. These two things would make all the difference I think.

@DontZzz34 that could work also. It could also encourage counselors to gang up on Jason. 

3 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

The issue with kill squads is they are not afraid of engaging Jason. To remedy the situation, all that is needed is a buff to Jason's damage output. 

Makes no difference when you have a Buggzy who will demask Jason in 1 or 2 hits.

9 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

@SirMang being able to put the mask back on would also help. These two things would make all the difference I think.

Jason’s damage output is just fine where it is now. No need to make the game unbalanced. Several times he can limp people with enough slashes, knives, traps, etc.... just make them work harder to get the mask off is the best solution to the problem

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ahab said:

As a matter of fact... with the rage buff being what it is... beating on Jason and putting him into rage early can be called teaming just as easily... the difference here is, that this one actually makes it harder on everyone, not just the Jason hunters.

I like this point as it’s very eloquent.

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Makes no difference when you have a Buggzy who will demask Jason in 1 or 2 hits.

Yep, that’s why HP needs to be balanced around the most damage a Counselor can do, not the least. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I understand the context already, better than most. But as I stated over in @Fair Play's thread with the poll about "sweater use"... people will use the sweater how they see fit, and are fully within their rights to do with it whatever they like... and if they do not want to participate in the Jason kill... not sorry to say it... but they have just as much right to the sweater as you do... they just got to it first.
   I hate teamers as much as the next person... But one thing I hate more than teamers is people that scream "teamer!" when there is no teaming... and I see that far more than anything that can legitimately be called "teaming with Jason".... I can also understand why a few players would just waste the sweater... after seeing ten or more Jason kills in a night... I will start wasting the fricking' sweater... That is NOT teaming, that is just not wanting every single frickin' match in a night to end with Jason dying.
   If it was difficult to kill Jason... and it was actually rare to see... I still would not call it teaming to waste the sweater... some people just want the achievements and do not want to kill Jason. If you want the sweater... make sure you are the first to get it... and the same can be said about everything else in this game... If you want a pocket knife, you better find one quick... and so on.

It would seem teaming means different things to different groups of people.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yep, that’s why HP needs to be balanced around the most damage a Counselor can do, not the least. 

But, once again... how much of a hit point bonus will they give him? I doubt they would even double it... which would still leave the minimal number of hits for a demasking at 2 - 4. That is still WAY too few hits. Jason still has VERY little chance to be able to actively block any incoming attack... 4 hits is still WAY too easy to achieve on ANYBODY playing Jason.

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

It would seem teaming means different things to different groups of people.

Teaming with someone...
   Both have to realize they are on the same team and agree to it... otherwise, they cannot be "teaming"... But one counselor can be a troll and look like he is teaming with that Jason... yet the Jason is innocent of any "teaming"... But will still be called a "teamer".... 
   "Teaming" is plain and simply the most difficult form of cheating in this game to prove... There are way too many things to consider that no one can know without being a mind reader... Yet some still make it plainly obvious... like the examples I mentioned above... and some will admit it... After all, its not like they are going to be banned over it.

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Jason’s damage output is just fine where it is now. No need to make the game unbalanced. Several times he can limp people with enough slashes, knives, traps, etc.... just make them work harder to get the mask off is the best solution to the problem

As a player that does not use thick skin or medic... at all... I have to agree with you here. Raising Jason's damage output will really only hurt players that do not use these perks.
   And yes... the real problem is how easy the mask comes off... This is the part of the problem that many people seem to ignore... but there are many reasons why it comes off so easily... and I am not even including player skill as Jason as one of them.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Teaming with someone...

Both have to realize they are on the same team and agree to it... otherwise, they cannot be "teaming"... But one counselor can be a troll and look like he is teaming with that Jason... yet the Jason is innocent of any "teaming"... But will still be called a "teamer".... 
   "Teaming" is plain and simply the most difficult form of cheating in this game to prove... There are way too many things to consider that no one can know without being a mind reader... Yet some still make it plainly obvious... like the examples I mentioned above... and some will admit it... After all, its not like they are going to be banned over it.

I don't bother with trying to prove one is teaming. If I suspect it, they go on the list and get avoided going forward. Problem solved.

12 hours ago, Ahab said:

But, once again... how much of a hit point bonus will they give him? I doubt they would even double it... which would still leave the minimal number of hits for a demasking at 2 - 4. That is still WAY too few hits. Jason still has VERY little chance to be able to actively block any incoming attack... 4 hits is still WAY too easy to achieve on ANYBODY playing Jason.

Personally I’d like it balanced around ten hits from the Abusive Friend build and the ability to pick up the mask to get half back, or there about. Needs testing, lol, I seem to be saying that a lot lately.