Sign in to follow this  
TommyJarvis609

Obnoxious kill squads

I am not successful with kill squads often but on the rare occasion I got a trick that does work(rarely). I find a spot and I set traps out in the open about 20ft away from a cabin when I'm alone. When I meet them close by I lure them to it. Most of these idiots are so preoccupied with being a douche they can trapped. When a clown gets caught I have an opportunity. Also when they see it happen to someone it throws them off and they scatter.

29 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

So you ruin the game for a bunch of organized and dedicated players just because you've decided it's not fun. Next time I play pes online I'm scoring own goals every time I play with somoeone who picks Real Madrid just because I'm against that. What kind of sense does that make? XD

Players will get killed on purpose. Dedication? more like dickweedery.

2 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

Why are you so against Jason dying is beyond me, seriously.

If it was for you the game would be 8 counselors spawning all tied up in Jason's shack with an apple in their mouths and wearing a latex costume or something like that.

I am.

Because I can kill him every game, minus the game glitching.

It's the easiest method of "winning" a counselor has. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

So you ruin the game for a bunch of organized and dedicated players just because you've decided it's not fun. Next time I play pes online I'm scoring own goals every time I play with somoeone who picks Real Madrid just because I'm against that. What kind of sense does that make? XD

Killing Jason is supposed to be a rare and special occurrence. It's not. It happens damn near every freakin match that has any kind of experienced players. It's not just easy. It's very easy. This isn't Jason Hunting: The Game. Jason is supposed to be the star here. He's not, because he is a pushover. How people don't understand that this is completely opposite of what the game is meant to be is beyond me.

• Like 3

All events that people do together should have unspoken boundaries. Doing whatever you want and playing however you wish is an A-hole idea. If morale integraty does not apply for online games then everyone would just quit before they die. 

• Like 2

Its funny there was one glitch (actually two if you think about it) that should've actually stayed in game that they eventually fixed, yet there are multiple glitches they STILL haven't fixed that actually ruin gameplay on both sides. I guess they are 'low priority'.

The whole spring break/normal outfit glitch which led to neat little 'new' goofy outfits. To my knowledge, there wasn't a big uproar to get that glitch fixed, but they did anyway. So much for having fun when they could've kept this as a feature to mix/match the outfits.

The other

Uber Jason. He wasn't fully ready, but he was playable, so if he's playable....he's ready in my book.

I won't link him because it will just get the post deleted.

In terms of the rest of the thread. Well they thought one change would make Jason more dangerous (yes and no). Yet I bet their 'numbers' back up him being killed far more open than 1 in 75 games at this point.

Team killers wouldn't bother me if the grab wasn't such TRASH and so clunky and you can't grab someone if they weren't directly 1CM in front of you .  Once you get Rage, (As long someone does have the sweater) the bully squads don't stand a chance.  

Just fix the fucking grab and team killers wouldn't pose much of a chance once rage hits.  But thats how this game goes.  They fix one thing, only to screw up something in place of it. 

Thats another thing Im noticing as well in QP.  Hardly anyone  is even proactively  going for objectives now.  They just run off into groups in various cabins now 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

So Jason should spare low level players too, righ?

No, but nice logical fallacy. Jason is designed to dominate and destroy the counselors. Jason should never grant mercy to any counselor as he is designed to be more powerful and is expected to kill all or nearly all the counselors. That is the design, vision, and expectation of the game mechanics.

In turn, the counselors are not designed to group together and beat up Jason to where he is a pathetic, defenseless, or “bullied.” That was not the intention or design of this game. The developers clarified this recently in Beyond and with the new patch. However, with people playing shifts worth of this game every day, they know how to quickly and effectively manipulate many mechanics of the game in the form of exploits.

Glitching onto the roof, refusing to put repair items in, hiding out of bounds in unreachable spots, throwing knives to crash the car, and killing Jason every match are not mechanics the game was designed to endure but here we are. I play this game how it was designed and I play it well. I don’t need to utilize exploits to ruin the game for others but if people do so in a single match, all bets are off. More and more groups of 5, 6, 7 in party chat are ruining lobbies with these desperate and pathetic antics like tryhard kill squads.

If Jason could only be killed in 1/75 matches, could you imagine the skill level of all involved players to pull off such a “rare” thing? Meaning noob/average players would NEVER pull off the kill. They probably wouldn’t ever even attempt it because it would be pointless if the odds are 1 in 75. With the recent rage buff isn’t the game catering to noob/average players? 

What we need is wider traps to completely block the shack entrance, & the tommy house on Jason’s map. THAT would make the kill a lot harder because they either got to use PK’s on those two traps, OR set them off & alert you.

But from what I have read, the tommy house on Jason’s map will not be a thing. I don’t understand why, because stopping the “Hero” from ever returning to the game would definitely make it harder to kill Jason without Buffing him to the moon.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BlkHawk said:

If Jason could only be killed in 1/75 matches, could you imagine the skill level of all involved players to pull off such a “rare” thing? Meaning noob/average players would NEVER pull off the kill.

Sounds like how it should be!

6 minutes ago, BlkHawk said:

With the recent rage buff isn’t the game catering to noob/average players?

Nope. It's an attempt to balance the severe imbalance between the counsolers and Jason. It's not perfect yet, but it's a start.

• Like 1

I love when kill squads come after me, all the sweeter when I use Arkham tactics to take them down one by one. If they are wasting their time not working on objectives, well, that's on them. 

Find (numerous) ways to either pick off Tommy or the sweater girl without being turned into a Jason pinata. Creatively placed traps, knife tossing, slash and run, utilization of morph and shift, ect.

I've been killed as Jason one time and I'm a level 84. I tend to play things safe and not allow them to gang up on me in the first place. Trust me, 1 or 2 here and there will break off and you can always widdle them down. Keep your mask on and hit rage and then it's REALLY go time! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

No, but nice logical fallacy. Jason is designed to dominate and destroy the counselors. Jason should never grant mercy to any counselor as he is designed to be more powerful and is expected to kill all or nearly all the counselors. That is the design, vision, and expectation of the game mechanics.

In turn, the counselors are not designed to group together and beat up Jason to where he is a pathetic, defenseless, or “bullied.” That was not the intention or design of this game. The developers clarified this recently in Beyond and with the new patch. However, with people playing shifts worth of this game every day, they know how to quickly and effectively manipulate many mechanics of the game in the form of exploits.

Glitching onto the roof, refusing to put repair items in, hiding out of bounds in unreachable spots, throwing knives to crash the car, and killing Jason every match are not mechanics the game was designed to endure but here we are. I play this game how it was designed and I play it well. I don’t need to utilize exploits to ruin the game for others but if people do so in a single match, all bets are off. More and more groups of 5, 6, 7 in party chat are ruining lobbies with these desperate and pathetic antics like tryhard kill squads.

The game is intended for the counselors to survive, one way or another. If they wanna try to do it by killing Jason they should be more than welcome.
And besides, now when I'm spawn as Jason I'm GLAD if they group on me, it just means I'll rage soon. What more do you want?

I agree about the glitching part, btw, but the Jason killing mechanics are not a cheat or a glitch, it's something the devs put in the game that Jason can EASILY avoid just py cutting off the power, hiding in the water, teleporting away just as sweater girl is about to juse the sweater etc.

We can ruin gameplay for other players if we want, but that makes us no different from cheaters, teamkillers etc.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, NightmareFuel said:

I love when kill squads come after me, all the sweeter when I use Arkham tactics to take them down one by one. If they are wasting their time not working on objectives, well, that's on them. 

Find (numerous) ways to either pick off Tommy or the sweater girl without being turned into a Jason pinata. Creatively placed traps, knife tossing, slash and run, utilization of morph and shift, ect.

I've been killed as Jason one time and I'm a level 84. I tend to play things safe and not allow them to gang up on me in the first place. Trust me, 1 or 2 here and there will break off and you can always widdle them down. Keep your mask on and hit rage and then it's REALLY go time! 

Thank you Good Lord.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, J-Ray said:

Players will get killed on purpose. Dedication? more like dickweedery.

And often not spawn as Jarvis, what kind of strategy is that?
Also, it's common sense, as Jason, NOT to kill who is charging you head down as it is obvious that they wanna try respawning..

22 hours ago, J-Ray said:

All events that people do together should have unspoken boundaries. Doing whatever you want and playing however you wish is an A-hole idea. If morale integraty does not apply for online games then everyone would just quit before they die. 

So protecting a counselor who is phoning/repairing something should also be "immoral", as it really takes two good counselors to keep Jason at bay until he rages.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

So protecting a counselor who is phoning/repairing something should also be "immoral", as it really takes two good counselors to keep Jason at bay until he rages.

No, unspoken common sense boundaries would be dying on purpose, walking side by side with jason as a team, sitting on the roof, etc. 

On 3/14/2019 at 10:58 PM, TommyJarvis609 said:

There are three things I cannot stand in Friday the 13th: The Game.

Teamkillers, glitchers and most kill squads. What especially annoys me about kill squads is when people constantly rig up the game just to get Tommy Jarvis to try and kill you but will barely do anything else. Granted, I'm not a terrible Jason nor do I suck and I have dealt with people trying to kill me before. But earlier, I just didn't feel like dealing with a kill squad when I was Jason and told my friend to back us out, but before that happened I asked one of my buddies to get the sweater so I wouldn't have to deal with people rigging up the game. Of course, I would've still went after him like any other counselor when he got it but I just really wasn't in the mood. Someone else got the sweater before my friend could get to it and we just left, not wanting to bother with them.

We ended up coming back into the same lobby as them, unfortunately, and one of the people in the kill squad was visibly angry that I didn't deal with them. He kept talking over me and my friends, not letting us getting a word in. So my friend was Jason 2 matches in a row. Jason didn't go to his knees the first time (which they deserved) and they only got him the second time. Me and another person in our group didn't help him and he didn't help us, even tried going after us when we tried putting the phone together then ended up killing us anyways. For the most part, me and my friends aren't always out to kill Jason. We don't get a bunch of Fox's, Vanessa's or Buggzy's and will still have enough repair people when we need to get out. You're not always going to be able to kill Jason anyways. The only time we'll get out a serious kill squad (like selecting certain characters) is when people are teamkilling, etc.

In my opinion, a lot of kill squads are pointless and can ruin the fun for both counselors and Jason's. Sometimes if a random is Jason, I'll purposefully fuck over a kill squad's plan because it's irritating when they care more about chasing Jason down. Yes, killing Jason is a part of the game, but when all your doing is going after him then you're not really making the game all that fun for anyone. Jason is also too easy to kill and needs a buff. I'm glad they updated it to where people who suicide via beartraps or windows won't get Tommy. 

If you don’t like kill squads, don’t play as Jason. I come across rage quiting Jason’s all the time, and they are more annoying than a kill squad. 

As Jason, I love playing kill squads because it helps improve the way I play. If I die, no big deal. I’ll just try again next time.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

If you don’t like kill squads, don’t play as Jason. I come across rage quiting Jason’s all the time, and they are more annoying than a kill squad. 

As Jason, I love playing kill squads because it helps improve the way I play. If I die, no big deal. I’ll just try again next time.

You're taking what I say way out of context. I've died plenty of times as Jason against organized teams and I would accept it. Kill squads are different because they do it just for the hell of it and they know that Jason is easy to take down or troll. There are plenty of other ways to improve as Jason. Hell, I got a crew and some of them arre pro's and whenever I go up against them, it gets rough cause they know exactly what they are doing.They've helped me get better overtime.

I find it funny when Jason's rage quit, especially when you get the kill animation on them or escape. It makes me laugh.

Also, the logic that I shouldn't play as Jason just because I don't like kill squads makes no sense. That's like saying you shouldn't play as a counselor cause you don't like Jason rage quitting. 

22 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

Also, it's common sense, as Jason, NOT to kill who is charging you head down as it is obvious that they wanna try respawning..

Some kill squads try not to make it obvious. Just saying.

22 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

Again...

You don't even need Jason to kill you to be the one to respawn.

If it's just you doing this, it's still simple.  Find a counselor placed trap - not your own.  Crash through a window til you're limping and go step in said counselor trap.  You're now dead.  Jason could have never been anywhere near you. Jason could have never even seen you. You were murdered and did not commit suicide.  Therefore, if you're the first to die, you're most likely to come back as Tommy. 

I love this forum. Everyone has played jason 1000s of times and never died. Everyone kills jason everytime. And of course every guy here is an amatur boxer and a semi-ametur bull fighter and a pimp God.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

The game is intended for the counselors to survive, one way or another. If they wanna try to do it by killing Jason they should be more than welcome.
And besides, now when I'm spawn as Jason I'm GLAD if they group on me, it just means I'll rage soon. What more do you want?

I agree about the glitching part, btw, but the Jason killing mechanics are not a cheat or a glitch, it's something the devs put in the game that Jason can EASILY avoid just py cutting off the power, hiding in the water, teleporting away just as sweater girl is about to juse the sweater etc.

We can ruin gameplay for other players if we want, but that makes us no different from cheaters, teamkillers etc.

Hiding in the water is the easiest way to avoid getting killed. It's not something I should have to resort to because I'm being hunted down. I've also tried shifting away or teleporting away MANY times but would still get caught by the sweater stun. I have tried regrouping myself and going after them. It's also a no-win situation if both Tommy and the sweater person have pocket knives, so you're completely fucked unless you just avoid them altogether. We can caught off the power all we want, but it's utterly pointless when you don't know where the Tommy house is and even if we trap it, people can just step in a trap, repair it, etc. ergo there's so many ways to get by that and you should also have to watch other objectives so you can prevent people escaping.

Jason is weak compared to the counselors, so a majority of the game is rigged up for them, minus the fact that you can't stun him when he's in rage.

Also, I don't get where you're getting the idea that people are saying killing Jason is a glitch or cheat. That's just silly. No one here is complaining about getting killed. It's more about people that ruin the fun for everyone or just rig up the game for their own personal gain. I like killing Jason and I enjoy going up against my friends if they try to kill me, cause I want to see if they can do it. At some point, every Jason player is going to get killed and that's the reality of it.

I find it funny how you say it's just so easy to avoid getting killed as Jason, but that's only if you want it to be hiding in the water and wasting everyone's time. I also don't trap my house cause I care more about the objectives, but that's just my preference as a player cause I don't expect people to come after me every match. It's also only made easy when the counselors don't know what the hell they're doing and if you know exactly what to do.

I once made a post asking how to avoid getting killed as Jason, and I took the advice of some of the people. It was helpful and it's helped me get by in some way so yeah. But like I said before, it's fucking pointless when Tommy and sweater girl are nearly invincible when they both have pocket knives, heal sprays and stay close to each other. Even if you try morphing away after they use the pocket knife, there's a HUGE chance that they're going to use the sweater straight after the pocket knife animation is done.

Jason has so many weaknesses and it sucks when people use him as a punching bag all the time. Also, the fact that people like me sabotage kill squads doesn't make us as bad as teamkillers or whatever. Hell, we're not exploiting the game like they are, we are just punishing people who want to take advantage of the game's weaknesses all the damn time. It has more to do with serving justice rather than being a dick.

on the bight side as far as QP though goes.  Most teams today on QP (at least on the PS4) are absolute noob TRASH.  So Jason has that going for him.  I think a good chunk of the experienced players have left this game.  At least they don't play QP from what Im seeing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TommyJarvis609 said:

Also, the fact that people like me sabotage kill squads doesn't make us as bad as teamkillers or whatever. Hell, we're not exploiting the game like they are, we are just punishing people who want to take advantage of the game's weaknesses all the damn time. It has more to do with serving justice rather than being a dick.

Yes it does make you as bad as team killers. Ruining someone’s plain just for the sake of it is definitely a dick move. 

Killing Jason is NOT “Exploiting the game” it was added for a reason. it’s a viable option to surviving, and at the games current state, it’s arguably the BEST option.

As for “taking advantage of the games weakness” seriously? EVERY game is played that way. NBA for example, if the team ur playing sucks at defense, you are going to take advantage of said weakness ... 

18 minutes ago, BlkHawk said:

Yes it does make you as bad as team killers. Ruining someone’s plain just for the sake of it is definitely a dick move. 

Killing Jason is NOT “Exploiting the game” it was added for a reason. it’s a viable option to surviving, and at the games current state, it’s arguably the BEST option.

How does it make us as bad? It may be a dick move but at least our intentions are good and we're punishing people who just want to constantly take advantage of one of the game's flaws (which in turn can butcher people's fun, not just for Jason but for other counselors. We don't kill them just for the sake of it). Most of them don't even bother trying to survive or helping other counselors. It takes no skill at all.

I also never said that Killing Jason was exploiting the game. If you actually read what I put instead of twisting my words, you would actually understand the context of what I was trying to say. It's all good if you want to kill Jason, like say you die by Jason inadvertently and you happen to be one of the people that gets Tommy then go for it. That's fine. But if you purposefully allow yourself to die through another counselor's beartrap or let Jason kill you, then that's a dick move. Killing Jason should be more rewarding, not used to troll or fuck up every Jason they see. If you do shit like that, then THAT'S a dick move. If you can't survive any other way, then you suck at the game. Same thing can be applied to glitchers and teamkillers. If they're not good enough to outsmart Jason or get other objectives done and they exploit a weakness of the game like that, then that shows they suck ass.

41 minutes ago, TommyJarvis609 said:

How does it make us as bad? It may be a dick move but at least our intentions are good and we're punishing people who just want to constantly take advantage of one of the game's flaws (which in turn can butcher people's fun, not just for Jason but for other counselors.

It’s a dick move, just because YOU don’t want Jason to be killed doesn’t mean you should interfere. UNLESS the team is obnoxious & they are making fun of the Jason player, calling him names, ect. We’ve all experienced these squads at some point. In that situation, yes I would interfere just because they were being disrespectful the entire game. 

As for people killing themselves just to come back as tommy is stupid. I wish they would add a “avarage survival time” along with a “survival success rate” for each player in the lobby. That would help discourage people from purposely killing themselves because then everyone in the lobby would laugh at the guy that has a 1-2 minute avarage survival time. 

That would give us personal stats to be proud of & ashamed of depending on how you play & how good you are.