Sign in to follow this  
TommyJarvis609

Obnoxious kill squads

There are three things I cannot stand in Friday the 13th: The Game.

Teamkillers, glitchers and most kill squads. What especially annoys me about kill squads is when people constantly rig up the game just to get Tommy Jarvis to try and kill you but will barely do anything else. Granted, I'm not a terrible Jason nor do I suck and I have dealt with people trying to kill me before. But earlier, I just didn't feel like dealing with a kill squad when I was Jason and told my friend to back us out, but before that happened I asked one of my buddies to get the sweater so I wouldn't have to deal with people rigging up the game. Of course, I would've still went after him like any other counselor when he got it but I just really wasn't in the mood. Someone else got the sweater before my friend could get to it and we just left, not wanting to bother with them.

We ended up coming back into the same lobby as them, unfortunately, and one of the people in the kill squad was visibly angry that I didn't deal with them. He kept talking over me and my friends, not letting us getting a word in. So my friend was Jason 2 matches in a row. Jason didn't go to his knees the first time (which they deserved) and they only got him the second time. Me and another person in our group didn't help him and he didn't help us, even tried going after us when we tried putting the phone together then ended up killing us anyways. For the most part, me and my friends aren't always out to kill Jason. We don't get a bunch of Fox's, Vanessa's or Buggzy's and will still have enough repair people when we need to get out. You're not always going to be able to kill Jason anyways. The only time we'll get out a serious kill squad (like selecting certain characters) is when people are teamkilling, etc.

In my opinion, a lot of kill squads are pointless and can ruin the fun for both counselors and Jason's. Sometimes if a random is Jason, I'll purposefully fuck over a kill squad's plan because it's irritating when they care more about chasing Jason down. Yes, killing Jason is a part of the game, but when all your doing is going after him then you're not really making the game all that fun for anyone. Jason is also too easy to kill and needs a buff. I'm glad they updated it to where people who suicide via beartraps or windows won't get Tommy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I agree totally. I do not take part in Jason bullying personally. It’s just too easy and boring to team up and beat the crap outta Jason that it’s almost become as lame as glitch cheaters. I’d rather go solo lone wolf and try and survive, it’s way harder and more of a challenge.

glitch cheaters by far are the worst. Why even play?? If Jason hunts me down and kills me then I say “good shit” and take it, I was outplayed and it happens. But glitching to survive, to me, is a loss in my book. All of them know who they are, get a life, take some risks, play the game as intended and quit wasting Jason’s time. I hate when I wait all nite to be Jason only to be glitched out of kills. It’s lame and people who do it are the lowest form of gamer

• Like 2

If it were more fair for Jason in terms of him keeping his mask easier it’d be more fun for Jason to fight kill squads. But getting your mask removed in 2 hits by buggzy, that’s just absolutely stupid.

• Like 1

Anytime i'm in a lobby with 4 or more Vanessa , i pick a Jason with good slash and i set 5 traps by the shack . Then ill manhunt the Tommy house and collect knives and do battle , its annoying but i enjoy the challenge . 

• Like 1

I still think Jason should know where the radio house is on his map.He knows where everything else is but not that which really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.That would have been as much of a buff as the rage buff almost.It wouldn't make him OP either he only has X  amount of traps and a kill squad could still just tank all traps that he would set at the power box just like counselors tank traps  at anything else. Yeah he could camp the power box but that leaves all the other objectives wide open. I have most of the radio spawns down except Pinehurst and Jarvis but it would have saved me the time trying to memorize the spawning patterns and watching the intro videos closely. I think giving him the ability to know where the radio house is would at least give him the opportunity to thin the heard. Would this be considered new content as they would have to add an icon on the map?

2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I think giving him the ability to know where the radio house is would at least give him the opportunity to thin the heard. Would this be considered new content as they would have to add an icon on the map?

They covered this in a Beyond stream, sorry but Wes is against the idea of adding the Tommy box to the map. He thinks the radio tower should be more than enough of a give away. 

I keep hoping they’ll change it to start in the broken state, because Jason would sabotage it to prevent the call just like the phone. I haven’t gotten a response from Matt about it though. They seem to think the number of steps is enough to stop it from happening, which is dilly because they’re really aren’t that many, and they’re not that hard. Get sweater, call Tommy, comeback as Tommy which if you have two people go try to take the mask at the start, is pretty easy to guarantee. Then you just kill him, no fuss no muss.

It’s why I never got into it, it’s to easy. When I first started playing, I’d main Jenny and steal the sweater every chance I got. Running through the woods to that first cabin always sucked, lol. If a Tommy showed up, I’d kill the big guy. It was a good way to learn but grade school level difficult. 

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It’s why I never got into it, it’s to easy. When I first started playing, I’d main Jenny and steal the sweater every chance I got. Running through the woods to that first cabin always sucked, lol. If a Tommy showed up, I’d kill the big guy. It was a good way to learn but grade school level difficult. 

When I started playing... I worked towards those badges and achievements... They are meant to teach you how to do certain aspects of a game after all. I stopped hunting Jason the moment I completed the badge for killing him... But it is not like I tried in every match either... It still went by pretty quickly... It was not the first badge I finished... But I finished it very early on.
    The torpedo badge took me the longest to get in the end... But that is only because I play Part 4 all the time... any time I played Part 7, the counselors avoided the boat like it was carrying the plague.

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

They covered this in a Beyond stream, sorry but Wes is against the idea of adding the Tommy box to the map. He thinks the radio tower should be more than enough of a give away. 

I keep hoping they’ll change it to start in the broken state, because Jason would sabotage it to prevent the call just like the phone. I haven’t gotten a response from Matt about it though. They seem to think the number of steps is enough to stop it from happening, which is dilly because they’re really aren’t that many, and they’re not that hard. Get sweater, call Tommy, comeback as Tommy which if you have two people go try to take the mask at the start, is pretty easy to guarantee. Then you just kill him, no fuss no muss.

Sounds like these guys don't spend a bunch of time playing their own game. Not that I blame them. But it really doesn't take much to call Tommy. Especially when you can spawn right inside the cabin where yhe radio is located at.

That’s why I’ve become an intentional sweater hog and will only permit killing Jason if it’s organic or deserved. I might also use the sweater to save somone’s life if Jason is in rage and slashing. A sweater stun + healing has saved many lives. 

Killing an obviously new/bad Jason is in poor taste. If I sense a kill squad I may withhold using the sweater for the kill and instead opt to sidle and help a counselor in need. If you want to be lame and roll a kill squad with your four buddies you have every right, just like I have every right to not use the sweater sns. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The glitchers are definitely the worst. They just hold up the game for everyone else.

I have noticed the kill squads have grown exponentially in the past couple weeks. It only takes away the fun if you are trying to escape and play the game like that. The overall objective is to survive by whatever means necessary. I dont fault the kills squads for being effective at what they do.

Problem is bullying Jason is still too easy to do. Even if they made the kill near impossible, you can still have 6 counselors ganging up on Jason at the car, phone box or wherever they choose. Jason's combat in simply near defenseless when surrounded. Even if you make the annoying change to combat stance to block, then try to swing, someone behind will notice your action and hit you easily. Jason has never had a combat mechanic to deal with being surrounded, and his block mechanic is ineffective when against multiple counselors. 

Until combat mechanics are improved and HP is increased, it will be the same old crap. Even with double health buff, Jason will still be able to be killed without a ton of work. Kill squads will use the right perks collectively to take his mask off in 10 hits now, which isnt hard to get. Enough people roll with medic and have 4 health sprays a piece, why not increase his amount of traps by 2 so he can effectively trap his shack, two objectives and have two to carry for groups? I say that as I typically use a Jason with 5. 

And yes, I am extremely happy suiciders cannot come back as Tommy. No, I do not think they need to map the Tommy radio house.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Sounds like these guys don't spend a bunch of time playing their own game. Not that I blame them. But it really doesn't take much to call Tommy. Especially when you can spawn right inside the cabin where yhe radio is located at.

They don’t... well I should say most of them don’t and it’s sad.

57 minutes ago, Ahab said:

When I started playing... I worked towards those badges and achievements... They are meant to teach you how to do certain aspects of a game after all. I stopped hunting Jason the moment I completed the badge for killing him... But it is not like I tried in every match either... It still went by pretty quickly... It was not the first badge I finished... But I finished it very early on.
    The torpedo badge took me the longest to get in the end... But that is only because I play Part 4 all the time... any time I played Part 7, the counselors avoided the boat like it was carrying the plague.

I still needed the boat ones last I checked, I was getting close though, so that might have changed the last game I played as Jason. Had a lot of fun luring people to the abandoned boat. 😆 

Still need a competent boat driver to get the Counselors trophy for being a passenger, I keep dying when I do go for that one. Very close to done but holding off on focus getting them because then, I’ll have done it all feeling. 

Anyone who thinks Savini is OP should try the boat, he’s just as bad as Part 4 in the water, lol.

15 hours ago, TommyJarvis609 said:

There are three things I cannot stand in Friday the 13th: The Game.

Teamkillers, glitchers and most kill squads. What especially annoys me about kill squads is when people constantly rig up the game just to get Tommy Jarvis to try and kill you but will barely do anything else. Granted, I'm not a terrible Jason nor do I suck and I have dealt with people trying to kill me before. But earlier, I just didn't feel like dealing with a kill squad when I was Jason and told my friend to back us out, but before that happened I asked one of my buddies to get the sweater so I wouldn't have to deal with people rigging up the game. Of course, I would've still went after him like any other counselor when he got it but I just really wasn't in the mood. Someone else got the sweater before my friend could get to it and we just left, not wanting to bother with them.

We ended up coming back into the same lobby as them, unfortunately, and one of the people in the kill squad was visibly angry that I didn't deal with them. He kept talking over me and my friends, not letting us getting a word in. So my friend was Jason 2 matches in a row. Jason didn't go to his knees the first time (which they deserved) and they only got him the second time. Me and another person in our group didn't help him and he didn't help us, even tried going after us when we tried putting the phone together then ended up killing us anyways. For the most part, me and my friends aren't always out to kill Jason. We don't get a bunch of Fox's, Vanessa's or Buggzy's and will still have enough repair people when we need to get out. You're not always going to be able to kill Jason anyways. The only time we'll get out a serious kill squad (like selecting certain characters) is when people are teamkilling, etc.

In my opinion, a lot of kill squads are pointless and can ruin the fun for both counselors and Jason's. Sometimes if a random is Jason, I'll purposefully fuck over a kill squad's plan because it's irritating when they care more about chasing Jason down. Yes, killing Jason is a part of the game, but when all your doing is going after him then you're not really making the game all that fun for anyone. Jason is also too easy to kill and needs a buff. I'm glad they updated it to where people who suicide via beartraps or windows won't get Tommy. 

I thought everybody was free to play however they saw fit.
Next update let's give Jason a machine gun so he will kill all the counselors before he gets hurt :(

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

Next update let's give Jason a machine gun so he will kill all the counselors before he gets hurt :(

Only if the machine gun shoots machetes.

• Haha 1

A kill squad can still control who is Tommy regardless.One person sets up one trap the other steps in it. It  goes as a murder not suicide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimDuke 01 said:

A kill squad can still control who is Tommy regardless.One person sets up one trap the other sets up another and they take turns stepping in the opposite trap  and it registers as murder NOT a suicide.

These fuckers find a way around everything don't they! lol

Why are you so against Jason dying is beyond me, seriously.

If it was for you the game would be 8 counselors spawning all tied up in Jason's shack with an apple in their mouths and wearing a latex costume or something like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think they found a way to get Savini back in the game too. I saw a level 2 the other day could have been family share but I kind of doubt it.

We are NOT against killing Jason.We just want it to be very difficult to pull off.It took the original devs over 70 tries to do it and they knew the game better than anyone. With the right players it can happen EVERY match now.Even against the best Jason players.

9 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

We are NOT against killing Jason.We just want it to be very difficult to pull off.It took the original devs over 70 tries to do it and they knew the game better than anyone. With the right players it can happen EVERY match now.Even against the best Jason players.

ANd I'm ok with it. You should always have the chance.

When I'm Jason Igenerally just break and trap the electric box near Jarvis House. I pretty much know where it spawns every time. I haven't got killed in like a 5 months or so.

1 hour ago, Sir Jack said:

Why are you so against Jason dying is beyond me, seriously.

If it was for you the game would be 8 counselors spawning all tied up in Jason's shack with an apple in their mouths and wearing a latex costume or something like that.

I am not against the idea of killing Jason. I have not once said I hated it. I just think it's too easy nowadays. I've been killed before and would accept it. It's just kill squads ruining the fun and not adding a satisfying challenge, whether I win or lose.

1 hour ago, Sir Jack said:

Yes, everyone is free to play however they want. That's why I leave or fuck over kill squads if they're ruining people's fun.

1 minute ago, TommyJarvis609 said:

Yes, everyone is free to play however they want. That's why I leave or fuck over kill squads if they're ruining people's fun.

So you ruin the game for a bunch of organized and dedicated players just because you've decided it's not fun. Next time I play pes online I'm scoring own goals every time I play with somoeone who picks Real Madrid just because I'm against that. What kind of sense does that make? XD

3 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

That’s why I’ve become an intentional sweater hog and will only permit killing Jason if it’s organic or deserved. I might also use the sweater to save somone’s life if Jason is in rage and slashing. A sweater stun + healing has saved many lives. 

Killing an obviously new/bad Jason is in poor taste. If I sense a kill squad I may withhold using the sweater for the kill and instead opt to sidle and help a counselor in need. If you want to be lame and roll a kill squad with your four buddies you have every right, just like I have every right to not use the sweater sns. 

So Jason should spare low level players too, righ?

It's not just for my sake. It would also be for the sake of other people. But it's like you said: I thought everybody was free to play however they saw fit.

I also don't know what game that is so you're not really using the best analogy since I'm not capable of fully understanding it. But judging from the brief description you just gave, it sounds like a sport's game which is completely different from Friday the 13th.

Also, a lot of kill squads are usually just trolling and whatnot. I will give props to a well-organized team if the circumstances happen to give them Tommy Jarvis and they decide to try and kill me.