Sign in to follow this  
HTMLRulezdOOd1

How to avoid Vanessa hunters?

Just encountered a whole lobby of Vanessa's and I was Jason. Thought chain stunning wasn't a thing anymore?  I couldn't get a hit in without getting stunned and every one of them had a health spray or knife. They killed me while I killed zero.  They also got the boat in like 1 minute and Jarvis called within that as well.  I'm not an expert Jason, but not awful either. Any way to combat this? Lol

• Haha 1

Ouch, sounds rough man. Vanessa is a stone cold bitch, lol.

Try fighting groups in a small cabin or were your left flank is protected but you’re open on the right side. If you have an extra trap you can drop it near a tree or wall and use it to guard your back, if you can put it by a Morph point and use Shift to make attacks against the group. Swing don’t grab, and remember you can body block in shift, so if they scatter and you can stop that first person the second one will catch up enough to take the hit too. 

Collect every knife, use them at windows, don’t waste them, only throw on sure hits. 

• Haha 2

Take their pocket knives, med sprays away, throwing knives are killer, utilize blocking in combat stance, if you think it’s a kill squad after you put 2-3 traps at your hut and protect the sweater, and shut down the power at the tommy house. 

Don't be fooled by counselors feinting, but don't try to grab them either. If you miss the grab you're going to get nailed with whatever weapon they're carrying.

When breaking down doors, rotate the camera to ensure nobody sneaks up behind you. Also, the final hit should be while in combat stance. This is so you can block immediately if necessary.

When you're inside a cabin that you know or suspect counselors are in, go into combat stance and hold R1 when moving from room to room. This prevents being cheap-shotted by some asshole with a baseball bat waiting for you to walk by.

If a counselor steps into one of your traps and is still in it when you teleport to them, hit them with a throwing knife, then R2 them to death. If you grab, they might PK you, heal up, and run away.

Any counselor that appears to be baiting you into grabbing them should be assumed to have PKs and FA spray. If you get stabbed, the counselor might decide to use combat stance to deliver a hard attack as soon as the stun wears off. If it's Tommy, Bugzy, Adam, or Fox, this can easily break your mask (or at least come close). Alternatively, if other counselors are close by, the baiting counselor might be getting grabbed on purpose so their teammates can take a free shot at you.

As others have said, grab every throwing knife you can find. Play offline so you'll know where to look.

Pay attention to the sound rings. If they're coming from the same direction as the shack, Stalk-Morph back to it and activate Sense to check whether anyone is close to you or coming your way. 

If you're getting mobbed, don't even think about grabbing. Melee everybody to death instead, or Morph away, turn on Stalk, and Shift back to them. Grab ONLY if you're sure you can complete the kill before the others can reach you.

Don't grab Tommy Jarvis or sweater-girl unless you're willing to bet your life they have no pocket-knives left.

If your mask comes off for any reason, assume a Jason-kill is coming.

Stalk-Shift inside occupied cabins as much as possible (provided the door is down). Don't forget to check for counselor bear-traps in the doorway before you leave. 

If you throw a knife and the counselor hit by it starts limping, immediately activate Shift and grab/slash them before they have a chance to heal.

IF PAMELA ALERTS YOU TO THE SHACK BEING INVADED, STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND GO DEFEND THE SWEATER!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Good advice @HaHaTrumpWon.

I forgot one: If shit goes wrong and they get the kill, die with a little dignity/honor. Don't leave in the middle of it unless you want to be dubbed a chicken-shitted little pussy (ditto for hiding in the lake to escape).

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I got to stick up for my girlie we're not all bad. 😉 I always try an help my team and hardly ever try an kill Jason. Surviving and escaping is my thing! 

Honestly i've only killed Jason once!  The Jarvis asked if i would help him so i did for the experience.  

I feel escaping and surving is definitely enough salt poured into the wound of a Jason player. Killing them is a bit much especially with how easy it is.

I feel killing Jason should be part of the game but right now with the way it is, it's just too easy! Making it more of a challenge to kill Jason then the kill crews that hunt for Jason would have something to really celebrate when they win.  Jason is strong till his mask comes off then he becomes weak and that shouldn't be the case.  Jason should go down swinging and the counselors should feel like they've been through hell after trying and killing him. 

Eh this one I quit because the dudes we're slandering and just dbags in general. I'll take my loss, but yelling dumb stuff will make me go to a different lobby lol. But it was quick and precise, never seen tasks completed that fast. I think the total game time had to be like 7 minutes lol

2 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I got to stick up for my girlie we're not all bad. 😉 I always try an help my team and hardly ever try an kill Jason. Surviving and escaping is my thing! 

Honestly i've only killed Jason once!  The Jarvis asked if i would help him so i did for the experience.  

I feel escaping and surving is definitely enough salt poured into the wound of a Jason player. Killing them is a bit much especially with how easy it is.

I feel killing Jason should be part of the game but right now with the way it is, it's just too easy! Making it more of a challenge to kill Jason then the kill crews that hunt for Jason would have something to really celebrate when they win.  Jason is strong till his mask comes off then he becomes weak and that shouldn't be the case.  Jason should go down swinging and the counselors should feel like they've been through hell after trying and killing him. 

I agree, but I'm not sure if you can call Jason weak when the mask is off IF he also is enraged. This is why:

Pretend Tommy has spawned in and comes to confront you. You know a kill is in the works, so obviously you know that he's going to try and demask you if possible. During this, Rage activates, so you're immune to most stuns. Suddenly, he succeeds and your mask breaks. Obviously someone will now be on the way to the shack, but what's Tommy going to do in the meantime? It he's used his shotgun, he has no way to stun you, therefore no way to make you stop hacking his ass to death.

Before Rage he could have taken a hit or two, then counterattacked, stunned you, and healed up. Now, his only hope is to run like hell and hope that he can stall long enough to pull off the kill. If you catch up and start slashing, he's basically fucked unless either: SG shows up, someone still has an unused  shotgun, or he makes it into a building.

Of course, things aren't quite as optimistic looking if the sweaters already taken or if he and SG are together when the mask breaks.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Ouch, sounds rough man. Vanessa is a stone cold bitch, lol.

Try fighting groups in a small cabin or were your left flank is protected but you’re open on the right side. If you have an extra trap you can drop it near a tree or wall and use it to guard your back, if you can put it by a Morph point and use Shift to make attacks against the group. Swing don’t grab, and remember you can body block in shift, so if they scatter and you can stop that first person the second one will catch up enough to take the hit too. 

Collect every knife, use them at windows, don’t waste them, only throw on sure hits. 

A tactic I've had some success with is turning when the counselor swings so that they hit Jason in the back instead of the front. I'm not sure if it's actually a thing or just happy coincidence, but I rarely (or at least not nearly as much) get stunned when I'm able to take the hit that way. Then I'm also able to turn back around and counterattack or grab.

36 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I agree, but I'm not sure if you can call Jason weak when the mask is off IF he also is enraged. This is why:

Pretend Tommy has spawned in and comes to confront you. You know a kill is in the works, so obviously you know that he's going to try and demask you if possible. During this, Rage activates, so you're immune to most stuns. Suddenly, he succeeds and your mask breaks. Obviously someone will now be on the way to the shack, but what's Tommy going to do in the meantime? It he's used his shotgun, he has no way to stun you, therefore no way to make you stop hacking his ass to death.

Before Rage he could have taken a hit or two, then counterattacked, stunned you, and healed up. Now, his only hope is to run like hell and hope that he can stall long enough to pull off the kill. If you catch up and start slashing, he's basically fucked unless either: SG shows up, someone still has an unused  shotgun, or he makes it into a building.

Of course, things aren't quite as optimistic looking if the sweaters already taken or if he and SG are together when the mask breaks.

I agree. Jason needs a buff in the mask department to the point if they want to kill him they'll have to really earn the victory.  No more (one hit) and mask comes off.   I had no idea or never really paid attention to how easy it truly is to kill Jason.

2 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I agree. Jason needs a buff in the mask department to the point if they want to kill him they'll have to really earn the victory.  No more (one hit) and mask comes off.   I had no idea or never really paid attention to how easy it truly is to kill Jason.

( Skip to 10:20 and stop at 11:30 )

If you have to go in after SG and Tommy, Stalk-Shift in and BLOCK! Without blocking, I would have lost my mask 10 seconds into the fight. With SG right there, that probably would have been it since Morph and Shift were both down and there was no way to create distance between them and me. 

Edit: I just noticed that, actually, I would have lost my mask at the first unblocked hit. 10 seconds in was way too generous. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

( Skip to 10:20 and stop at 11:30 )

If you have to go in after SG and Tommy, Stalk-Shift in and BLOCK! Without blocking, I would have lost my mask 10 seconds into the fight. With SG right there, that probably would have been it since Morph and Shift were both down and there was no way to create distance between them and me. 

Edit: I just noticed that, actually, I would have lost my mask at the first unblocked hit. 10 seconds in was way too generous. 

Impressive!!! 👍

TAKE OUT POWER BOXES TO REDUCE STAMINA!!!! Kill and trap the tommy cb radio house power box first and trap the shit of it!!!!