Sign in to follow this  

I think Jason desperately needs a definite speed increase across the board, I am talking about everything, walking, running, grab, grabbing a knife, opening up a door, breaking a window, chopping down a  door, throwing that 2nd, 3rd etc.... knife should come quicker as well, this is something that could be tweaked very easy and something they should definitely take a look at, what do you guys think?

If his grab was more effective and less sluggish  like it used to be I wouldn't think he needed more speed but at this point, it would definitely be helpful.  Its sooo easier for a coordinated group of counselors now.  A noob QP lobby  full of useless counselors, Jason doesn't need the added perks/speed/abilities but  if its against  lobbies with more experienced players that Jason still needs MAJOR upgrade.     

The game still has its share of problems but I don't have much faith those problems will EVER be fixed completely at this point.   If  the servers are still active by this time next year, I will be very surprised.  Theres hardly anyone even playing this game anymore.   It had a good 2 year run but I don't see how it lasts 3. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If anything I would suggest faster cool down for shift/morph. Also don't be so quick to use powers let alone one after the other. Swimming is an extremely valuable alternative.

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Like 1

I agree with speeding up his animations (opening doors, grabbing knives). I don’t think they should speed his jog or walk up though. Counselors eventually run out of stamina and even walking Jasons’ will eventually catch them. As for the grab, maybe not speed the animation of the grab attempt up, but speed up the recovery? That would make a huge difference with missed grabs. But you wouldn’t want to speed it up too much, or Jason could play hungry hippo and grab everything in sight, lol. 

• Like 1

That speed increase he got to me(maybe just me lol) seems to have gone away. Even a AJ can out jog a running Jason for a while.I agree the recovery animation needs to be faster on a missed grab,and a faster cooldown on throwing knives and picking up throwing knives.

• Like 1

I don’t think his walk/run should be sped up. A walking Jason can already catch a counselor who’s out of stamina. Running Jason’s are fast enough as well. I do think the recovery for a missed grab could be sped up. Maybe speed up throwing knives but not to the point where you can throw them back to back. 

No it shouldn't be sped up. Jason has more than enough in his locker of death to catch counselors. I think his jog and walks represents what he does in the movies well, it would start to look silly with OTT speed walking. 

16 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

I think Jason desperately needs a definite speed increase across the board, I am talking about everything, walking, running, grab, grabbing a knife, opening up a door, breaking a window, chopping down a  door, throwing that 2nd, 3rd etc.... knife should come quicker as well, this is something that could be tweaked very easy and something they should definitely take a look at, what do you guys think?

I like the idea of fixing the grabbing a knife animation, it feels clunky. The grab recovery needs some love to, it shouldn’t be enough that a Counselor can’t get in with Swift Attacker but a normal swing should be really hard to time. The door animation should be either made to look quieter or more forceful, if more forceful Jason should let go early and the door should finish the motion and bang a little. This would speed up the animation and make Jason scary as he comes through, not delayed as it is now. Like the fast open Counselor animation. The chopping down a down is still very clunky too, it needs smoother transitions in and out, there’s a slightly jarring jump as he starts and stops. 

I wonder if combat stance should lock on to doors, not the frame just the door if you’re facing it, this would make it more fluid to break in combat stance?

Sorry if that was to much detail, it’s just somethings I think would improve the overall feel.

• Like 1

I'm on board with making grabbing throwing knives quicker, and decreasing the time between throwing them, but no to everything else. Jason has shift, morph, throwing knives to make counselors limp, and some Jasons have destruction. Utilize those abilities instead of wanting counselors handed to you on a platter.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

That speed increase he got to me(maybe just me lol) seems to have gone away. Even a AJ can out jog a running Jason for a while.

The speed increase never made Jason fast enough that he could catch up to even the slowest counselors while they still had stamina and were at least jogging... This is of course, considering he was following directly behind them... And neither should he be able to catch them in a direct, same path race... But with a proper angle of attack, instead of following directly behind along the same path... even a slower moving object can gain ground on something moving faster than them... geometry has more uses than most people think.

2 hours ago, kohagan said:

No it shouldn't be sped up. Jason has more than enough in his locker of death to catch counselors. I think his jog and walks represents what he does in the movies well, it would start to look silly with OTT speed walking. 

I completely agree... Jason was never known for his speed... and was never really in a hurry to do anything.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 7:31 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

That speed increase he got to me(maybe just me lol) seems to have gone away. Even a AJ can out jog a running Jason for a while..

Slower counselors can out jog Jason for a while but he will quickly catch up if they don’t start running. Even as Tiffany, I can only out jog Jason for a little while before I have to start sprinting.

Pretty sure the only counselors who can out jog Jason is Buggzy, Chad, and Vanessa. Tiffany and Jason are about the same speed. Jason is about the speed of a counselor with a 6 or 7 speed while jogging.

On 3/15/2019 at 1:29 PM, Ahab said:

The speed increase never made Jason fast enough that he could catch up to even the slowest counselors while they still had stamina and were at least jogging... This is of course, considering he was following directly behind them... And neither should he be able to catch them in a direct, same path race... But with a proper angle of attack, instead of following directly behind along the same path... even a slower moving object can gain ground on something moving faster than them... geometry has more uses than most people think.

I’m pretty damn sure Jason has a faster running speed than Jenny when she is jogging. I have to haul my ass FAR ahead of Jason while playing her because he catches up QUICK. 

Then again, I’m bad at math what you said about geometry is probably correct.

I do agree with the minor things.

- Grab

- Grabbing Knives (so slow)

- Opening doors...fuck he should be able to close them or barricade them...he closed them in the films when need be...I think they just wanted counselor to be able to close it in his face as a means to buy time

I don't think giving him more speed up close is a good idea. All its going to do is keep people gravitating towards meta/troll counselors and we already have enough of that in the existing game. It would be better if they buff stealth/composure to make them more viable for those counselors and heavily penalize low composure/high fear to make those counselors faster short term, but more vulnerable long term, especially up close.

Chopping down a door should be faster. Its partially the reason people gravitate towards combat stance and single handed weapons since they shave seconds off breaking down a door and they don't leave you vulnerable to stun after the last swing.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:20 AM, JennyMyers1984 said:

I’m pretty damn sure Jason has a faster running speed than Jenny when she is jogging. I have to haul my ass FAR ahead of Jason while playing her because he catches up QUICK. 

Then again, I’m bad at math what you said about geometry is probably correct.

It is hard to see that he cannot catch up outside of the chase being in a straight line. The majority of any chase in the game is not in a straight line... so his angle of attack can be used to gain ground.... Same thing with -Water Speed or neutral water speed... Neither can catch the boat if you get them behind you and travel in a straight line... but make a turn, and they will gain ground (or water as the case may be) on you.
   Consider too... any negative to speed penalty on a perk could indeed slow you down enough that he will be catching up to you in a straight line when you use such a perk... But this is not something I have checked... I have not had any perks with a penalty to speed for a long time now... But the percentage bonuses do not work as stated for many perks... and a 1% bonus or penalty can affect something far more than 1% should... For example... even the lowliest thick skin perk will still allow you to take one extra hit.
   This could work the same for the boat example... with a perk that reduces boat speed, a neutral shift variant may well be able to catch up to the boat in a straight line chase if the driver was using a perk with such a penalty... But this is another scenario I have not checked, as I have no perks with boat speed penalties anymore either.