Sign in to follow this  
F134Ever86

Beyond episode 6 - counselor creation

I thought for a second that we were gonna be able to create a counselor ... Looks like I jumped the GUN®

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I thought for a second that we were gonna be able to create a counselor ... Looks like I jumped the GUN™

Yep, definitely no material left for a sequel. Being able to create a Counselors wouldn’t interest anyone. 😂 

• Like 1

I must say I find it telling after watching that episode how much their tune has changed in regards to talking about hypothetical with this game.

I remember back when the content pool was shut off. They were so eager to share things like those pictures they were gonna add to the game. Now all of a sudden, everything is a 'slippery slope'.

Doesn't even make sense, so now they can't even talk about canned ideas or ideas that were coming?

In case people wonder what im referring to. There was a bit during the stream where Wes confirmed they talked to Amy Steele about coming aboard as Ginny, but then stopped short with the 'its a slippery slope' routine.

So apparently even talking about canned development ideas isn't allowed anymore? Or it really about keeping people from getting their hopes about ANYTHING regarding the game except for a few token changes from time to time? So in essence, don't mention anything that could be considered 'content' that people will run with?

I don't know. Seems like a complete 180 from where they were a bit after May last year.

43 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yep, definitely no material left for a sequel. Being able to create a Counselors wouldn’t interest anyone. 😂 

Yeah, I don't get the attitude of totally refusing to discuss the option of making a sequel.  You obviously have the interest of your fans...even if you're not sure you could do it, you could entertain the idea with the qualifier of "if the lawsuit ever works out..."

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Yeah, I don't get the attitude of totally refusing to discuss the option of making a sequel.  You obviously have the interest of your fans...even if you're not sure you could do it, you could entertain the idea with the qualifier of "if the lawsuit ever works out..."

I have no more hearts to give but I’ll comeback later.

I'm going to have to ask all of GUN media to relenquish their hockey masks and machetes if they could make a sequel/content and choose not to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

I'm going to have to ask all of GUN media to relenquish their hockey masks and machetes if they could make a sequel/content and choose not to.

Hey I just said, I have no more emotes, stop saying things that deserve a trophy. 

• Haha 1

Gun probably wants to rid of the stigma Horror Inc has surrounded them with. Do you know how many people would call a sequel a "Cash grab" if they made a game with Jason X and a few maps. For the record i wouldn't be one of those people and would happily buy it. My love for the franchise is bittersweet considering what happened because of the lawsuit. We should all be hyped about new content and the new film that would probably be in production by now. I get why they don't want to make a sequel. The companies that haves the licenses cleary don't get it or Halloween the game would already be in the works. Gun is qualified to do it and do it right! Hopefully Gun will have a chance to obtain the license for Halloween. 

I can think of a slew of added features that would warrant a $60 price point and couldn't possibly be called a cash grab and I'm just a lowly armchair game developer.

17 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I can think of a slew of added features that would warrant a $60 price point and couldn't possibly be called a cash grab and I'm just a lowly armchair game developer.

I would buy it and i wouldn't think of it as a Cash grab. Fans of the franchise will buy it with a smile. 

• Like 1

In all actuality, they could go with the same content they currently have (possibly alter the current maps to make them look abandoned). Bring back all the current counselors and introduce new counselors. Add the Manhattan map, Jason X, the JX map and all the kill packs that didn’t get released with this game. Then add in the paranoia mode that they were wanting to do. This would make for a great sequel and wouldn’t be considered a cash grab. 

Was anyone else slightly bothered by the fact that no one in chat recognized the girl from part VII when Wes talking about Deborah?

15 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Create your own counselor would have been great. *sigh* Oh well.

It really would have, in a sequel, well at least how I picture it. The original four backers could be given as unlockables, each one receiving an appropriate upgrade as if they had survived the final conflict of the first game. Five extra stat points and a fourth perk or something. They could be slightly older and more experienced, not quite hero characters like Tommy but survivors back for round two. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It really would have, in a sequel, well at least how I picture it. The original four backers could be given as unlockables, each one receiving an appropriate upgrade as if they had survived the final conflict of the first game. Five extra stat points and a fourth perk or something. They could be slightly older and more experienced, not quite hero characters like Tommy but survivors back for round two. 

Damn! I love that concept! Wouldn't it be cool if you had your own counselor in a single player game against an AI Jason hunting you down? Like a bots round, but you use any counselor (including created, or unlocked survivor ones). And once you unlock a counselor, or a survivor they become available to spawn in to fill the lobby. Then select the Jason, and his difficulty, tenacity, and viciousness. Plenty of awesome things to warrant a sequel!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Damn! I love that concept! Wouldn't it be cool if you had your own counselor in a single player game against an AI Jason hunting you down? Like a bots round, but you use any counselor (including created, or unlocked survivor ones). And once you unlock a counselor, or a survivor they become available to spawn in to fill the lobby. Then select the Jason, and his difficulty, tenacity, and viciousness. Plenty of awesome things to warrant a sequel!

It would be very cool, I like that a lot.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It would be very cool, I like that a lot.

The survivor build would be so badass, I think giving them an ability would be best for a 4th perk though. Something indicative of how they escaped? Stuff like that, and the single player counselor vs AI Jason experience. Plus, all the rest of the maps. Jason X, and Uber. Some new Vehicles (bikes, and motorcycles for the truly daring. Those vehicles should have a kill animation if he catches you. And a Van!), weapons and counselors, Trish, Crazy Ralph, Ginny, Paul... Yeah, plenty of reasons to do a sequel!

• Thanks 1

Am i the only one thinking that Vanessa Jones is the hotest counselor they showed with their first looks? :D

Btw @Redrum138 i like your idea of creating our own counselor in a survival battle against the AI fearsome looking dog Jason.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:45 PM, tyrant666 said:

I must say I find it telling after watching that episode how much their tune has changed in regards to talking about hypothetical with this game.

I remember back when the content pool was shut off. They were so eager to share things like those pictures they were gonna add to the game. Now all of a sudden, everything is a 'slippery slope'.

Doesn't even make sense, so now they can't even talk about canned ideas or ideas that were coming?

In case people wonder what im referring to. There was a bit during the stream where Wes confirmed they talked to Amy Steele about coming aboard as Ginny, but then stopped short with the 'its a slippery slope' routine.

So apparently even talking about canned development ideas isn't allowed anymore? Or it really about keeping people from getting their hopes about ANYTHING regarding the game except for a few token changes from time to time? So in essence, don't mention anything that could be considered 'content' that people will run with?

I don't know. Seems like a complete 180 from where they were a bit after May last year.

I don't blame them for zipping their lips. Every time they "slightly" mention something even remotely related to content it seems everyone and their mother jumps to so many ridiculous conclusions or create fantasy scenarios.

• Thanks 1