Sign in to follow this  
thrawn3054

Slash n Cast's Counselor Tier List

On 3/11/2019 at 9:15 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

I think you guys should hop on PS4 and let me show you what Mitch can do to the uninitiated Jason. 

I've seen what you can do as Mitch before 😁 Sadly we never played again ever since 😭

12 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

14. Kenny - I barely see anyone play as him unless they are new to the game

Proud to be a Kenny main 😎 If you equip a 15% marathon he can sprint for slightly more than 25 seconds, he can repair and has better composure than Tiff/Nessa which make him good. Put a Rare+ restful on him too and he'll be running for days. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

I've seen what you can do as Mitch before 😁 Sadly we never played again ever since 😭

Hopefully we can get another game. I keep missing people’s invites or I’m already in a group, but I’ll keep an eye out for your name on my list.

41 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

Hopefully we can get another game. I keep missing people’s invites or I’m already in a group, but I’ll keep an eye out for your name on my list.

18 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

They must have the same love for AJ that the devs do. She's definitely more challenging to survive as if you are looking for a challenge instead of the easier/meta method.

Until they decide to buff Stealth, Composure, the effects of Fear, Sense related perks, etc. Playing as a stealthy/high composure characters have a time limit attached to them due to Sense/Sense toggle/Rage.

That said, they at least acknowledged that fighters/demaskers have kinda taken a hit too with the latest update. Unless you have both the sweater girl and Tommy alive. The fighter/speed character loses its usefulness once Jason is in rage. Once he is in rage, everybody loses unless the kill scenario is present or the timer is close to over. A good Jason will wear out any speed character and the slower characters are even worse off once rage hits.

I'll just go with what I see in lobby from least to most.

14. Kenny - I barely see anyone play as him unless they are new to the game

13. Shelly - Poor guy, a legendary F13 character...barely used in game

12. Fox - Probably the best DLC counselor, but still not used much

11. Eric - Don't see him used much

10. Mitch - I don't see him used much

9. Victoria - Barely ever used

8. Jenny - I see her used more lately, could be newer players, could be no fear builds

7. Deb - She's used a little bit

6. Adam - Valuable, but not used much

5. AJ - Still used a good amount

4. Bugsy - Used, sometimes 50/50

3. Tiffany - Definitely used, both because sex and speed...oh and I guess Stealth

2. Chad - Even though I agree his use seems to have gone down a bit

1. Vanessa - The most common, serves every purpose...trolling, killing, trolling, repairing, trolling, fighting, etc

The males definitely have less overall value due to the kill mechanic.

I've always felt if they introduced a female hero character and had the male be the distractor instead, that would've forced more lobbies to run a balanced lobby, because if everyone chose one gender and the hero was the other gender, it would've rendered the kill scenario useless. Which could've been interesting.

Example, entire lobby is a female counselor, and the hero is Tina or pick famous F13 heroin as the hero, the kill scenario would be cancelled out since there is no male counselor to go find the hair cutting tools to make themselves look like young Jason. You could have the hair cutting tools in literally ANY bathroom, which would've made them even harder to find as opposed to the two shack spawns.

I got to disagree that speed/running characters aren’t useful after Jason hits rage. Not everybody is going to die every time. Jason does have a higher chance to win. But I have had many survival of the night as the final survivor several times as Tiffany running Jason around till timer ran out. I have seen this happen with other players before as well. It all comes down to managing your stamina. And holding onto med sprays and pocket knives (if u have one) for as long as possible 

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I got to disagree that speed/running characters aren’t useful after Jason hits rage. Not everybody is going to die every time. Jason does have a higher chance to win. But I have had many survival of the night as the final survivor several times as Tiffany running Jason around till timer ran out. I have seen this happen with other players before as well. It all comes down to managing your stamina. And holding onto med sprays and pocket knives (if u have one) for as long as possible 

Agreed. Med sprays and medic perk are still useful post rage. Can hop in and out of broken windows to boost stamina without worries.

Does jumping through a broken window lessen the damage that a counsellor can take?

It seems to me that jumping through a broken window seems like a better option that climbing through a broken window but I'm uncertain if that is the case.

Btw AJ is my number one choice. I often am the last one alive with her and if there are other people to take Jason's attention away, she can be a nuisance to by trying to complete the objectives.

10 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It's cool my dude. I mostly play during the weekends now 😊

7 minutes ago, U_r_rexdale said:

It seems to me that jumping through a broken window seems like a better option that climbing through a broken window but I'm uncertain if that is the case.

Crawling through a broken window does slightly less damage than jumping through a broken window. 

11 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

Proud to be a Kenny main 😎 If you equip a 15% marathon he can sprint for slightly more than 25 seconds, he can repair and has better composure than Tiff/Nessa which make him good. Put a Rare+ restful on him too and he'll be running for days. 

Kenny is well rounded (obviously) but he doesn’t serve a great purpose as the others do. He isn’t a runner/distraction character like Tiffany and Vanessa. Putting Marathon on Tiffany and Vanessa only makes them more viable and can get much farther than Kenny. He can’t do a “No Fear” build like Jenny. His weapons break easier than Chad, Jenny, and Victoria. He can’t repair as well as Deborah. Buggzy will unmask Jason faster.

He is decent but he is outclassed in every single stat by another counselor. If you can play Kenny effectively then that is great. Everybody has a different counselor they do well with. I personally do the best with Tiffany and Jenny.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

He can’t do a “No Fear” build like Jenny. His weapons break easier than Chad, Jenny, and Victoria. He can’t repair as well as Deborah. Buggzy will unmask Jason faster.

I love no fear Jenny build, she's my favorite girl.

5 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

If you can play Kenny effectively then that is great. Everybody has a different counselor they do well with. I personally do the best with Tiffany and Jenny.

I wouldn't necessary say I do great with him since I'm not a pro like those seasoned Lvl 150s players but I feel more comfortable playing as Him than playing as Vanessa or Buggzy for example. My only gripe with Kenny is his stealth. He's a loud boy, seriously he makes noise even when walking and it pisses me off lol wish Lightfoot worked all the time not just when you "Sprint". 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

I wouldn't necessary say I do great with him since I'm not a pro like those seasoned Lvl 150s players but I feel more comfortable playing as Him than playing as Vanessa or Buggzy for example. My only gripe with Kenny is his stealth. He's a loud boy, seriously he makes noise even when walking and it pisses me off lol wish Lightfoot worked all the time not just when you "Sprint". 

You should add that request to the perk rework topic, it’s a good one.

• Like 1

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

You should add that request to the perk rework topic, it’s a good one.

I didn't even know there was a perk suggestion thread. Where can I find it?

Considering that Jason is now immune to stuns upon reaching Rage Mode, I'm pretty certain that that this is a big game-changer to high Speed/Stamina/Luck Counselors.

Luck no longer plays an important factor as melee weapons are rendered useless post-Rage, which also severely weakness Vanessa, Chad, and Buggzy's role in the match. In turn, I feel that Composure is slightly more useful (but only slightly) as it's really the only mechanic that helps restore lost Stamina late in the match, since how much Fear you have affects the amount of Stamina recovered.

Here's how I imagine the tier list would be as of now:

[Most likely to Survive the Night or Escape]

1. Mitch: Has both the ability to tackle objectives with his high Repair, and also the ability to survive the night with his near-perfect Composure, provided that he knows how to evade Jason and recover his Composure and Stamina until the clock runs out.

2. Fox: Has only above-average Composure and Repair, but is faster and has more Stamina than Mitch, and is also able to use Pamela's Sweater and work with her high Strength to remove Jason's mask. Arguably the most versatile Counselor in the game.

3. A.J.: Before the latest patch, A.J. was often considered to be one of the worst due to her abysmal Luck when making use of stunning Jason to regain lost Stamina and keep Jason away. Now, her excellent Stealth (with a good Lightfoot perk) and her decent Repair and Composure makes her an asset in tackling objectives as quickly and silently as possible. While she may also be able to survive the night if needed, her ability to tackle objectives takes a higher priority.

4. Jenny: Her excellent Composure can now play a major part in surviving the night, provided that she is geared up with a 'No Fear' build that ensures that she never stumbles and will always regain Stamina at a fast rate. However, her poor Repair means that she has better chances of surviving the night than escaping the match on her own.

5. Adam: Essentially a male Fox, but with a slightly higher Speed, Composure, and Strength, but with slightly less Stamina and also lacking the ability to wear Pamela's Sweater. A versatile Counselor who can help kill Jason, tackle objectives, or survive the night if needed.

6. Vanessa: With her Luck granting her no real benefit late in the match and her low Repair makes it difficult for her to tackle objectives, Vanessa can still make up for it with her excellent Speed and high Stamina by surviving the night. She is also the most efficient character to pick up Pamela's Sweater due to her Speed and Stamina.

[May be able to Survive the Night or Escape]

7. Deborah: While Deborah has the edge over A.J. with repairs, A.J. has the edge over Deborah when getting around quietly and even survive the night. Deborah will need to focus on tackling objectives with her excellent Repair, and thankfully, her Stealth is also high enough to allow her to jog silently.

8. Chad: His high Luck is essentially a waste of points late in the match, but his high Speed can still play a part in surviving the night provided that the player tries to keep Chad calm when recovering lost Stamina. Sadly for Chad, he's basically an inferior Vanessa due to his worst Stamina and the inability to use Pamela's Sweater.

9. Eric: Essentially an inferior Deborah due to his lower Speed, Stamina, and Stealth, but has a slight edge over having a higher Luck that is only worthwhile early in the match. Once Jason does hit Rage Mode, Eric will need to have an escape route ready by then when tackling objectives, otherwise he is likely not surviving the night.

10. Buggzy: He has the Speed and the Stamina to survive the night, but not much else. He doesn't have either Chad or Vanessa's Luck to work with early in the match, and Brandon is even worse than the two when tackling objectives. However, his excellent Strength does give Buggzy the opportunity to help Tommy Jarvis kill Jason to end the match, provided that Buggzy removes Jason's mask early on.

11. Tiffany: She is a terrible choice at tackling objectives, but her excellent Stealth, high Stamina, and decent Speed does make her a better choice at surviving early on as a courier of important repair items to deliver to other Counselors who can Repair. When trying to survive the night, Tiffany's high Stamina and decent Speed will help her survive the night if needed.

[Least likely to Survive the Night or Escape]

12. Kenny: Being a jack-of-all-trades doesn't amount to much later on, but he can at least make use of his average Composure, Speed, and Stamina to survive the night if needed, or even use his average Strength and Luck to help kill Jason by removing his mask. Otherwise, Kenny is very average and is easily overshadowed by other Counselors with a focused role of survival.

13. Victoria: Her high Luck is wasted as Jason enters Rage Mode, she isn't able to tackle objectives as well as the others, and she can't sneak around very well unless she's walking or crawling. Her only saving grace is her decent Stamina, which may allow her a chance to survive the night if she needs to, but otherwise, Victoria cannot do much to survive on her own.

14. Shelly: Possibly the most difficult Counselor to keep alive overall. He is average at best when tackling objectives, can't really sneak around all that well unless he's walking or crawling, and his Speed and Stamina aren't very impressive. He does have above-average Composure and decent Strength that may work into his favor if he tries to survive the night or help Tommy Jarvis kill Jason, but Shelly will need to work harder than anyone else to stay alive.

---

Bear in mind that anyone skilled enough can consistently win a match with any Counselors, and with teamwork, any Counselor can stand a chance of surviving once an escape route is open to them.

• Like 1

Its too easy as Vanessa most of the time.  She's a character that needs to be "De-perked" or something.  You'll probably get killed more often by traps than by Jason. ROFLMAO 

Im not much with ability of "juking" Jason as someone rarely used in the past, I find its MUCH easier to survive with her.  If I get killed usually it was through some fault of my own (Falling in the water during the chase accidentally) or Traps laid out by his cabin that I walked on and was killed directly by them or by limping and Jason finishing me off. 

I think all the counselors are good, in the right hands. I personally can't stand Shelly's digital counterpart, one luck with a 7 strength? Ughhh! But, I see players doing good with him sometimes. Lots of people can't stand Chappa, but I love that pudgy nerd! It's all about the player. So Slash N Cast's list is what they like. Me? It really depends, I use Bugz if I'm on a team with fixers, and we need a demask. Or Chad if we need a nuisance, Deb or Chappa for speed repair. AJ for stealth repair. Fox for my anything you need type. Jenny is my hit girl, clobber and intercept in hopes of distracting Jason. Those are my go-to counselors.

In the "you're not allowed to fight Jason at all in the second half of the match" world we're in now, there's really no reason to play anyone but Vanessa or Deborah now. The devs have been consistently ruining the core gameplay, they really don't understand how the game works. Just look at the boat noises, or the window change back in August of 2017.

• Like 1