Sign in to follow this  
thrawn3054

Slash n Cast's Counselor Tier List

I really think they should’ve put Shelly as last on the list. And AJ as number 1? They are right on her being very hard to sense but once you do find an AJ it is very easy catching her because for one she can’t fight for shit and she will die quickly. But it was good to see my girl tiff made It up higher on the tier list 😍

• Like 2

Just watched this, and it made me laugh. They have a very interesting idea of what constitutes good, not to say their list is bad, it’s not horrible. It lacks a real sense of progression though, I mostly understand how they were ranking the good and bad stats, they were a bit fuzzy on it themselves, so I don’t feel it was a hard, fast set of rules. Like I said not horrible, I’m happier with this list than their Jason one. Those top two are... interesting, I think their both mid tier personally.

Riley, Nick, guys you did my boy Mitch almost as bad as Part 2, I’m fine with where you put Jenny, she’s my favourite potato, lol. I can accept that she’s the worst, even with No Fear, it’s half the reason I see her as my favourite. I think you guys should hop on PS4 and let me show you what Mitch can do to the uninitiated Jason. 

Not that I think I’m the only one to mention Part 2’s being disregarded but I did get the sense you were referring to my comments, so good writing on your part for getting your audience to feel like you were responding directly. If you ever do want to quote me, it’s not a problem, I trust your judgement and see value in what you guys do for the community. 

10 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Riley, Nick, guys you did my boy Mitch almost as bad as Part 2, I’m fine with where you put Jenny, she’s my favourite potato, lol. I can accept that she’s the worst, even with No Fear, it’s half the reason I see her as my favourite. I think you guys should hop on PS4 and let me show you what Mitch can do to the uninitiated Jason. 

Will watch the video after work. I main Jenny, guessing she’s listed as one of if not the worst counsellor to use going from the comment above? 

2 hours ago, Top_Cat said:

Will watch the video after work. I main Jenny, guessing she’s listed as one of if not the worst counsellor to use going from the comment above? 

Oh yeah, they definitely don’t give our sweet Jenny any respect. Shelly and LaChappa both get ranked higher than her. 

I think if I was ranking her she’s technically one of the worst four, but I’m pretty sure she would outrank those two I mentioned up top. Her lack of repair does her in since the update to rage. 

Also to the thread in general, did anyone else notice how much they like Tinker, never thought I’d hear a couple of serious players mention the worst perk in the game so many times. It started to get funny, hearing them give it praise for making repair better/easier. 😆 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Also to the thread in general, did anyone else notice how much they like Tinker, never thought I’d hear a couple of serious players mention the worst perk in the game so many times. It started to get funny, hearing them give it praise for making repair better/easier. 😆 

Yeah I have no idea why they think Tinker is useful. 

Tinker is prob good if you have laser focus and cat like reflexes. I'm old so I fuck up the repairs a lot.. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Tinker is prob good if you have laser focus and cat like reflexes. I'm old so I fuck up the repairs a lot.. 😂

I mess up too figure it keeps it interesting. I like it hard but I’m not looking to punish myself by running Tinker.

19 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I almost want to ask them why, was it a lost bet? Do you think they’re just messing with us to get us to talk about it, lol?

Thanks for posting the video, I’d seen it but it’s always nice to chat about things after.

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I mess up too figure it keeps it interesting. I like it hard but I’m not looking to punish myself by running Tinker.

I almost want to ask them why, was it a lost bet? Do you think they’re just messing with us to get us to talk about it, lol?

Thanks for posting the video, I’d seen it but it’s always nice to chat about things after.

Me neither. Recently i started running legendary my dads a cop with legendary hypochondriac and stand by the phone while someone with good skill checks handles the fuse. cops come in 3:38.. 😀

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Me neither. Recently i started running legendary my dads a cop with legendary hypochondriac and stand by the phone while someone with good skill checks handles the fuse. cops come in 3:38.. 😀

They really need to hurry up with the perk rework, I’m missing so many good ones that give so much joy to my fellow Counselors, lol. (I’m just impatient Shifty, do it right.)

That time reduction is OP, though. I feel bad for Jason’s who go against you. 😆 

They must have the same love for AJ that the devs do. She's definitely more challenging to survive as if you are looking for a challenge instead of the easier/meta method.

Until they decide to buff Stealth, Composure, the effects of Fear, Sense related perks, etc. Playing as a stealthy/high composure characters have a time limit attached to them due to Sense/Sense toggle/Rage.

That said, they at least acknowledged that fighters/demaskers have kinda taken a hit too with the latest update. Unless you have both the sweater girl and Tommy alive. The fighter/speed character loses its usefulness once Jason is in rage. Once he is in rage, everybody loses unless the kill scenario is present or the timer is close to over. A good Jason will wear out any speed character and the slower characters are even worse off once rage hits.

I'll just go with what I see in lobby from least to most.

14. Kenny - I barely see anyone play as him unless they are new to the game

13. Shelly - Poor guy, a legendary F13 character...barely used in game

12. Fox - Probably the best DLC counselor, but still not used much

11. Eric - Don't see him used much

10. Mitch - I don't see him used much

9. Victoria - Barely ever used

8. Jenny - I see her used more lately, could be newer players, could be no fear builds

7. Deb - She's used a little bit

6. Adam - Valuable, but not used much

5. AJ - Still used a good amount

4. Bugsy - Used, sometimes 50/50

3. Tiffany - Definitely used, both because sex and speed...oh and I guess Stealth

2. Chad - Even though I agree his use seems to have gone down a bit

1. Vanessa - The most common, serves every purpose...trolling, killing, trolling, repairing, trolling, fighting, etc

The males definitely have less overall value due to the kill mechanic.

I've always felt if they introduced a female hero character and had the male be the distractor instead, that would've forced more lobbies to run a balanced lobby, because if everyone chose one gender and the hero was the other gender, it would've rendered the kill scenario useless. Which could've been interesting.

Example, entire lobby is a female counselor, and the hero is Tina or pick famous F13 heroin as the hero, the kill scenario would be cancelled out since there is no male counselor to go find the hair cutting tools to make themselves look like young Jason. You could have the hair cutting tools in literally ANY bathroom, which would've made them even harder to find as opposed to the two shack spawns.

• Like 2

@tyrant666,

I pushed for rotating "hero" characters when I thought there was still a possibility.

This right here, @mattshotcha, is why the fans think Gun needs to eventually make a sequel.  It's not that we don't like what we have.  It's that we want MORE.  More "hero" characters, more kill scenarios, more escape scenarios, etc.  This game is awesome already, but options are limited.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

2. Chad - Even though I agree his use seems to have gone down a bit

I'm seeing very few Chads these days whereas before the update they were trolling Jason (and sometimes other counselors...) in about half of my matches. I think the update went a bit far in limiting his effectiveness even if I do welcome the greater focus on repairs.

Seeing Fox more often for some reason and a marginal bump in people using AJ and Deb (though I swear that half the time Deb players get chosen as Jason 😠). But honestly, I think I'm mostly just seeing even more Vanessas now. 🙄 She probably needs a nerf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

.I almost want to ask them why, was it a lost bet? Do you think they’re just messing with us to get us to talk about it, lol?

Yeah I really don't get it either.

Np. I thought it was interesting. Even if I disagree with a lot of their choices. 

10 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

I'm seeing very few Chads these days whereas before the update they were trolling Jason (and sometimes other counselors...) in about half of my matches. I think the update went a bit far in limiting his effectiveness even if I do welcome the greater focus on repairs.

Seeing Fox more often for some reason and a marginal bump in people using AJ and Deb (though I swear that half the time Deb players get chosen as Jason 😠). But honestly, I think I'm mostly just seeing even more Vanessas now. 🙄 She probably needs a nerf.

I imagine Fox has seen a surge because she's solid across the board.

Vanessa already got a nerf. As did all counselors. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Top_Cat said:

Truthfully, I run Jenny quite a bit, but I see how she is lower tier.  I think you can be successful with any counselor though.

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I find tinkerer to be extremely useful with players that have high luck and garbage repair, like Chad.  I don't get why everyone hates it.

42 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Well she's mostly broken because she's allowed to repair and she has really zero consequences of being close to Jason, despite having zero composure/quick fear build up.

I always felt lower composure should've come with a falling mechanic on top of the tripping mechanic. Anything below a 5 would cause more tripping and falling. In almost every slasher, some form of falling to the ground has occured.

In terms of repair. As controversial as it is because they designed the game with the intention that any counselor can do anything. They should've rendered certain mechanics not doable for certain counselors, which would've really forced more of a team aspect to the game instead of certain counselors being allowed to solo dolo their way around.

I've always felt the planned special abilities from beta should've been kept, even with the potential danger of creating even more tier systems.

You could've even designed the same system they used for Jason on Counselor with 3 strength and 3 weaknesses and just remove the pointless perk system all together.

Just a couple examples

Bugsy

Strengths

+ More HP = Bugsy can take more damage being an athlete and all, say 6 swings before limp

+ Strength = Can Stun Jason more due to his strength

+ Speed = Think of it in terms of the current stat pool, he would be 10/10 speed, anyone without this as a strength would be at 5 default

Weaknesses

- Repairs (Any) = He can't repair whatsoever

- Stealth = He always carries sound blimps even when not moving

- Composure = He always trips and falls if too close to Jason, he lights up red from matchstart when Jason uses Sense

Vanessa

+ Stamina = Think of it in terms of the stat pool, she has 10/10 Stamina, anyone without this as a strength would be at 5 default and 3 as a weakness

+ Speed = See Bugsy

+ Strength = See Bugsy

Weaknesses

- Less HP = Jason can kill her easily with melee swings, say 3 unless they heal

- Repairs (Any) = See Bugsy

- Heroic = She can't wear the sweater to kill Jason

Adam

Strengths

+ Repair (Cars/Boats) = Adam can quickly repair cars/boats, think 10/10

+ Strength = See Bugsy

+ Composure = Doesn't trip or fall around Jason when up close

Weaknesses

- Repairs (Tech) = Can't fix the phone

- Stamina = Think 3/10

- Stealth = See Bugsy

AJ

Strengths

+ Stealth = 10/10 Stealth, her sound blimps absolutely never appear regardless of her movement state

+ Composure = See Adam

+ Fear = When Jason uses Sense, anyone with Fear as a strength will only show off a cloud of where they might be, but not the exact location, even when Jason has rage

Weaknesses

- Speed = 3/10

- Stamina = 3/10

- Repair (Cars/Boats) = She can't fix cars/boats, but she can call the cops

ETC

Any counselor with neutral sort of strengths would be base 5/10, any counselor who has a certain type of repair as a weakness can't repair at all. So for those with Repair (Any), they can't call the cops/fix the phone or fix the car/boats. For those with the specific repair weaknesses, they can't repair those but can repair the other. A new stat like heroic would allow anyone who doesn't have it as a weakness to be potentially a sweater wearer and anyone who has it as a strength would have additional strengths.

You could see how detailed such a 3 strength/weakness counselor stat pool could be.

Im not big on  the bobbing and weaving and running around until the game ends.  Im  geared more toward the play style more actively repairing the objectives so I go with Fox/Mitch as mains.   I didn't have much fun  with Vanessa trying to shake and bake Jason so HOPEFULLY someone else can repair something (Which good luck in QP) 

Vanessa is fun if you land on a team that knows what they are doing.  But not much fun with a team with no clue that doesn't actively go for objectives. 

Fox is a solid overall counselor.   It can be frustrating with Mitch at times because of his poor speed/stamina but overall if you want to expedite the objectives hes your man 

The main counselors I see are Vanessa, Deborah, and Tiffany. Vanessa and Tiffany are kinda the same honestly. Both with high speed/stamina and low composure and repair. Maybe I’m bias but I’d put Tiffany in at least the Top 5 due to how long she can run around Jason and keep him distracted, she is the best counselor to run around Jason besides Vanessa.

I mainly agree with their tier list except putting Jenny and Victoria at the two bottom spots. If ANYONE should have occupied those two spots, it should’ve been Shelly and Kenny.

3 hours ago, SlashNCast said:

Truthfully, I run Jenny quite a bit, but I see how she is lower tier.  I think you can be successful with any counselor though.

Because it doesn't lessen the number of skill checks. It simply makes them go faster.

• Like 2

Jenny is great.  If you have a lobby of people who get stuff done and you get out/kill Jason in the first 8 minutes.  Jason will likely never sense you...even if you're in a cabin right in front of him. 

Once Jason gets rage, Jenny becomes absolutely useless.  All of those stealthy type things she brings, become completely negated once Jason has rage and spams sense.  Meanwhile she does nothing else of any value. 

A Jenny who's still alive after Rage ends up being a dead Jenny. 

Top counselor? I'm actually gonna lean Adam.  He does everything well and easily adaptable to the lobby you're in.  Good repair, good strength.  

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

Jenny is great.  If you have a lobby of people who get stuff done and you get out/kill Jason in the first 8 minutes.  Jason will likely never sense you...even if you're in a cabin right in front of him. 

Once Jason gets rage, Jenny becomes absolutely useless.  All of those stealthy type things she brings, become completely negated once Jason has rage and spams sense.  Meanwhile she does nothing else of any value. 

A Jenny who's still alive after Rage ends up being a dead Jenny. 

Top counselor? I'm actually gonna lean Adam.  He does everything well and easily adaptable to the lobby you're in.  Good repair, good strength.  

It’s dependant on how good the counselor at cabin hopping and maintaining stamina. Jenny’s composure will keep her stamina pool pretty high until she gets to high fear. I’ve survived the clock MANY times with Jenny, she is highly underrated. Although it is much easier to do it with Tiffany or Vanessa.

If the Jason is very good at catching counselors then it doesn’t matter whether you play Jenny or Vanessa, once he hits rage mode you are probably dead.

I’d put Fox above Adam honestly because Fox has a little more stamina to work with and she can carry the sweater. Both are pretty similar in stats but she’s just a step above because she can hold the sweater.