Sign in to follow this  
DorianRo

Is there a reason why the Grab was messed with?

Cripes!!!!

What was wrong with it before?   You want to keep Jason strong and not a pin cushion/pinada to the counselors,  the "rage" helps  along with a proper grab (To make the shift/grab effective)  like the last patches  and the counselors are in big trouble. 

A deadly/effective shift grab (Not an old woman lunge) makes all the difference in the world 

7 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I'd pay to have it reverted back.

How I feel about the whole damn game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enlighten me, it's been a while since I last played the game. Has the grab been changed again recently?

14 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Enlighten me, it's been a while since I last played the game. Has the grab been changed again recently?

Not since the engine upgrade. The grab before the engine upgrade is preferred by many. It was more forgiving if you miss aimed your grab. 

14 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Not since the engine upgrade. The grab before the engine upgrade is preferred by many. It was more forgiving if you miss aimed your grab. 

Oh ok, yeah. I agree.

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

I hate, hate, HATE the new grab. I'd pay to have it reverted back.

How much are we talking here?

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

I hate, hate, HATE the new grab. I'd pay to have it reverted back.

Get out with your funny comments !! Get out! But i agree with u .

The new grab doesn't make sense sometimes. Makes me feel like Jason really is a dog, i mean a lot of times i've turned around to face the counselor and guess what , Jason's grab goes right around the target , giving them a tickle on their necks , or grab totally elsewhere , out of nowhere jason decides to grab air from his right side instead of whats infront...

The grab is why I slash people to limping, screw missing 5 times in a row. 

I’d also pay to have an improved grab width. There’s a Jason perk I could see being useful. 

The new grab is so damn slow and  is hard to connect with. 

I love the new grab....just not the music when it plays.....I do prefer if we had the old beta content in terms of animation on loke how jason and the counselors turned.

• Like 1

It's more skill based than what is was beforehand, you used to be able to miss grabs and get away with it from time to time, when they changed it, if you missed, you were an easy stun, so to a lot, they saw it as a nerf but i never thought of it as a problem, just meant being smarter with your reaches, rather than being able to spam the grab animation. You were also able to spin around quickly and grab someone behind you, the new grab doesn't give you that luxury. 

• Like 1

The 'reason' it was changed was because apparently the old grab mechanics were a 'bug' they intended to fix. However they never mentioned anything about his grab being a bug during beta or well after launch.

If you believe in conspiracy theories. They came up with the 'bug' angle as a means to change it due all of the complaints about force grab.

• Haha 1

Any one that says there is nothing wrong with the grab, please post videos of you as Jason. Ill grab my popcorn and watch how silly you look missing grabs all over. Not a knock on just them as my vids would show the same.. 🍿🍻😁.

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

The 'reason' it was changed was because apparently the old grab mechanics were a 'bug' they intended to fix. However they never mentioned anything about his grab being a bug during beta or well after launch.

If you believe in conspiracy theories. They came up with the 'bug' angle as a means to change it due all of the complaints about force grab.

This. 👍 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Any one that says there is nothing wrong with the grab, please post videos of you as Jason. Ill grab my popcorn and watch how silly you look missing grabs all over. Not a knock on just them as my vids would show the same.. 🍿🍻😁.

It's more that it feels pretty clunky then anything. I also miss the mind games the old grab allowed for.

1 minute ago, thrawn3054 said:

It's more that it feels pretty clunky then anything. I also miss the mind games the old grab allowed for.

I frequently will warm up against bots, and feel like such an idiot with how many head on grabs i miss. Like they have to walk through me to get through the door and sometimes it will still miss the grab. 😂 Although at other times to my defense, stalk has no effect on bots, they always seem to know when you are shifting and will try to dart in opposite direction and if you happen to hit a shift grab they already some how threw down their firecrackers too.. lol

If it were changed back, people would just complain that it's too difficult to dodge, just like they used to.

2 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Right. Along with the car speed and boat start-up noise bugs. 🤣

• Like 1

It was changed because there was a "teleport" effect where your counselor would be 10ft away from Jason and you'd get "sucked" into his hand when judging by the visible distance, Jason should have missed. Now Jason moves forward towards the counselor rather than the counselor getting Jedi-grabbed into Jason's hand. The only tweaking I would do to this new grab is allow Jason to change direction somewhat while it is in mid-animation. Kind of like how in many game you can "aim" your jump after you've jumped and move left and right in midair(when that is actually not how it works in real life). So I'd give Jason about a 60-degree window to be able to "steer" himself while mid-grab animation. I think that would help.

I think the main problem people have is the forced perspective where they misjudge the distance from themselves to the counselor. I never had a problem with the new grab. Heck even when the grab had the nerfed range but not the new animation, I didn't have a problem with that, but people whined and complained so they can get their Jedi grab back. What I do is simply make sure I'm right on top of the counselor before I try to grab. I don't try to grab from a full body's length away. I hardly missed back in the day.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kodiak said:

If it were changed back, people would just complain that it's too difficult to dodge, just like they used to.

I’m pretty certain the only people who complained were the ones who like to troll and dance.

21 hours ago, Kodiak said:

I can live with that.

19 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I wish the grab cone would be widened, even if only in the immediate close proximity to jason.  When you make a grab, and the counselor BUMPS INTO JASON and the game calls it a miss, it looks silly.  Here's an example: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/thatguyinktown/video/71049818

I think adding a "steering" effect would fix that. Right now Jason is locked into a forward-step animation. The grab cone/zone is tied to his left hand, so someone on his right can miss/dodge the grab, as in your clip. I think they should let the Jason player turn Jason's model within a limited range as a kind of "course correct." It shouldn't be that Jason can 360-spin while grabbing because that can be abused so maybe something like a 60-90 degree zone where after the grab button is pressed you can steer Jason left or right to course correct.

Hmm that might be "more content" or too much work so maybe widen the grab zone towards Jason's right but keep the zone on the left side the same.