CptZombieSteve

Friday the 13th Franchise & Romero's Living Dead Franchise

Posted (edited)

Friday the 13th:

Part IV at the age of two was the first movie I ever seen in theaters.   Though I don't remember, my uncle showed me a picture of me with the mask they gave out here to entice people in.  My brother took me and my sister because he was babysitting and wanted to go out with friends and my uncle had to drive and get us in.

That story and picture I think has what has always made this franchise my favorite. It became an obession at a point and franchise memorabilia was all I wanted.   That and its always fun correcting people that Jason isn't even in the first one; the movies arent just about a undead serial killer; that Jason anger and revenge are justified and would be in most parts of the world today; and that it isnt ha  ha ha ha, ch ch ch ch;  or ch ch ch ch, kill kill kill kill.   That part I actually only knew because a ticket seller at part 9 corrected me.  I thought is was sh sh sh sh, kill kill kill kill, im deaf in one ear  but kids are sometimes dumb. 

Living in Lexington, Kentucky has made access to the franchise easier for some reason.  Seems Friday the 13th stuff always happens here or close by in state. Hell even gun employs live down the street a little ways, I dont know them but they do

I have a few official replicas, a lot of fan made ones.  Only two autographed items, my most cherished item is a unopen mask my mother got me long time ago with Betsy Palmer autograph , and a  halloween costume from X with the Machete signed by Hodder. 

Masks Box Reads, 

For my sons next victim, Steven

Don't Scream!

Betsy Palmer 

I will be buried with it,

Machete reads

Kane Hodder

No Lives Matter!

Views with explanations are available on my youtube, none are for sale   I actually made plans to be buried with them on, no joke.

Digging me up rules:

When I die. I give all the right to dig my dead ass up and take them though, seriously what do I care then.

Rules: First Come first serve, but rebury me outside the casket about 2 feet under max.  Thats the deal.  If someone shows up run. If its another person to get the stuff,. Split with first getting first pick.  Seriously, that would be awesome and I am not kidding.

George Romero's: Night of the Living Dead:

I am also a huge George Romero fan, only his Zombie Films do I consider worth watching have several Romero autographs, personal pictures, and.at least 2 or more pieces of movie set memorabilia from each of his Living Dead movies, all signed and most personalised.   Romero was a genius and if you think his movies are about zombies then you aren't a fan.  He actually said that, so....    

I do like The Walking Dead but not the television series, only the comics.  Frank kinda sold out and the  television series is full of shit. 

Edited by CptZombieSteve
Changed title to reflect subject matter, Fixed spelling errors; Added rules for digging me up!; Added information about my Romero and Night of the Living Dead Collection; Added bold text to show franchise separation, added & moved Walking Dead opinion

Posted (edited)

Welcome to camp @CptZombieSteve! That's cool you got to see part IV in theatres and got those autographs. My first time seeing Jason on the big screen was Jason X. 

@CptZombieSteveI've seen all the movies and enjoy them equally but I'd have to agree the first is very important. The reason I enjoy Friday the 13th so much is I can relate to Jason. When I was little I was placed in an abusive foster home and didn't see my mother for over a decade, 13 years to be precise, so it was like she was dead. Now that we are reunited, God help anyone foolish enough to mess with her.

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Welcome to camp @CptZombieSteve! That's cool you got to see part IV in theatres and got those autographs. My first time seeing Jason on the big screen was Jason X. 

Like I said, I seen it but to young to remember.  Friday the 13th fans are the best.  This lawsuit is tearing it apart but the end is in site I reckon.  You might not of seen them when they came out but you've seen them now and that is all that matters.  I think the first one has to be appreciated to appreciate the rest. Also, mom should have got more involved later on.

Even the remakes are great, showing how Jason actually got around.  He didnt just teleport.  I am surprised people still think he does.  The game cant show it, to much would need to be done.  

I always ask people if they've seen the original, if the answer is no or I didn't like it I usually end it there.  The original is a big part of it that plays in every movie, without its appreciation you can not appreciate the rest.  Its impossible regardless what is said.

I am a big pusher of The first Friday the 13th.  Its the key to the rest and the most unappreciated.  I push hard for it.

That's awesome that you got some Friday items autographed.I consider myself lucky that i at least got my favorite Friday poster (The banned I love NY one for Jason Takes Manhattan),and a bunch of the old paperback novels that took me quite awhile to track down.Most likely i'll be buried with those...lol

• Like 1

Also got all 6 of Romero's zombie movies,those are always fun to watch.