Sign in to follow this  
Strigoi

Stopping The Kill Set Up.

Jason Shouldn't be able to morph away when the sweater is being used.

Gosh im sick and tired of people trying to remove the Jason kill .

19 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

It’s not going anywhere, but it is bound to get harder to do.

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

If the Jason player times it right, he should be able to shift or morph away. Consider this Jason's pocket knife or health spray. Just because the kill sequence is set up and it gets started, it shouldn't necessarily end in a kill, but the action has to be pulled off flawlessly.

And for what seems to be the 100th time this has been posted, no one is removing the Jason kill. It is just entirely to easy to accomplish at this point in time. I'm sorry you cant (or refuse) see this. 

• Like 1

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=959754906

I am posting that link for newer players so they can study spawn locations and such. The maps didn't really change. Unfortunately its only the variants of the 3 original maps (no small, Pinehurst or Jarvis house) but should still start as a good starting place for people. 

As for an exploit to avoid the kill, stand next to the corner of a fireplace inside a cabin, facing towards the fire. They wont have enough room and cannot get in front of you to do it. I have only seen this attempted once so testing groups will need to verify. Again, its an exploit not a strategy, so I dont recommend it. 

Also have an old video of the same thing. 

To prevent a Jason kill, simply stand in the doorway of the shack the entire match, problem solved. :p

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=959754906

I am posting that link for newer players so they can study spawn locations and such. The maps didn't really change. Unfortunately its only the variants of the 3 original maps (no small, Pinehurst or Jarvis house) but should still start as a good starting place for people. 

As for an exploit to avoid the kill, stand next to the corner of a fireplace inside a cabin, facing towards the fire. They wont have enough room and cannot get in front of you to do it. I have only seen this attempted once so testing groups will need to verify. Again, its an exploit not a strategy, so I dont recommend it. 

Would Jason's head end up going outside of the cabin in the kneeling animation though?

It would be a pain in the ass to be able to get Tommy outside, no doubt, but it would be doable.

Like I've seen Jason face a corner in his shack, get sweater stunned, and his head will end up outside and give the kill. 

On 3/14/2019 at 7:47 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

I didn't think it was possible to shift or morph out of the sweater stun.I thought that was patched.Apparently not which is in my opinion a good thing.Or does it ake perfect timing to pull of?

Very perfect timing to even do.

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Very perfect timing to even do.

I've done it successfully before, but very .rarely.

11 hours ago, SirMang said:

Would Jason's head end up going outside of the cabin in the kneeling animation though?

It would be a pain in the ass to be able to get Tommy outside, no doubt, but it would be doable.

Like I've seen Jason face a corner in his shack, get sweater stunned, and his head will end up outside and give the kill. 

That coule be possible and I have seen that effect in other cabins.

I know we had a group and @Thatguyinktown was Jason. Everything was set up. Ktown stood next to a fireplace, we thought there was enough room but it didnt work. Maybe he knows more about it. I would like to see more testing on it personally. I also wonder if Jason stands against objects if he doesnt go to his knees properly.

On 3/11/2019 at 1:25 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

Everyone already knows this and it is still easy to kill Jason. 

Don't worry, you will eventually go up against a group that is set out to kill you. Trap the Tommy box, as soon as you morph away, one of them will tank the trap and Tommy will get called. When you hear that warning about someone stealing your mom"s sweater, that's them in the shack waiting for you. You can plan ahead all you want, if a coordinated group wants you dead, you will die.

It's quite the opposite. If a decent Jason doesn't want to die, he will not die.

On 3/10/2019 at 7:25 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

Everyone already knows this and it is still easy to kill Jason. 

Don't worry, you will eventually go up against a group that is set out to kill you. Trap the Tommy box, as soon as you morph away, one of them will tank the trap and Tommy will get called. When you hear that warning about someone stealing your mom"s sweater, that's them in the shack waiting for you. You can plan ahead all you want, if a coordinated group wants you dead, you will die.

I usually get the sweater before Jason can shift, so even if he does come after me at the shack, it won’t help.

1 hour ago, Sir Jack said:

It's quite the opposite. If a decent Jason doesn't want to die, he will not die.

Oh yeah, I forgot. There’s Jason players so good that they have never been killed. I haven’t personally met one as of yet, but I hear that they are out there. 🙄

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Oh yeah, I forgot. There’s Jason players so good that they have never been killed. I haven’t personally met one as of yet, but I hear that they are out there. 🙄

No, I meant that if a decent Jason really doesn’t want to die he can just keep himself away from Jarvis and sweater girl. 

Usually this results in the killing team running crazy around the map and depleting all stamina, making the slaughter easier.

Or, you could just hide in the water.

2 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

No, I meant that if a decent Jason really doesn’t want to die he can just keep himself away from Jarvis and sweater girl. 

Usually this results in the killing team running crazy around the map and depleting all stamina, making the slaughter easier.

Or, you could just hide in the water.

Jason “ hide” nah...... way too out of character......

that would be like watching Jason lives and when Jason sees Tommy in the boat with the rock and chain says to himself “well it’s over now”.... and then proceeds to drown himself instead of attempting the kill...lol

6 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Jason “ hide” nah...... way too out of character......

Tell that to the people in this thread bragging about shifting or morphing out of the sweater stun lol.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:14 PM, BFizzle said:

Tell that to the people in this thread bragging about shifting or morphing out of the sweater stun lol.

Shifting and morphing is better than hiding.

I don’t expect any Jason to just let them selves die at the end of the day I just won’t hide in the lake to avoid it.

@Slasher_Clone, we agree on that one.

@Dragonfire82877, I never though of it that way. Timing is everything it seems.

As far an undefeated Jason players, I'm sure there are still some out there.

@Sir Jack, as the clock runs down, a hunting party eager for the kill will split up and try to find Jason. That would make for an easier slaughter of them.

@OCT 31 1978, a dignified Jason won't hide in the lake, I agree.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:44 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Shifting and morphing is better than hiding.

I don’t except any Jason to just let them selves die at the end of the day I just won’t hide in the lake to avoid it.

Agreed

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:25 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

You can plan ahead all you want, if a coordinated group wants you dead, you will die.

I disagree with that.   I've never been killed as Jason and put up with tons of kill squads.  Some of them get so angry about it, they PM for hours afterwards while I just troll them with replies.

Playing defensively annoys Jason kill squads and avoids getting killed as Jason.  I really don't care how salty they get.  They don't let me kill them easily when im Jason, im not sure why they expect me to roll over and die when they have a sweater and Tommy

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

I disagree with that.   I've never been killed as Jason and put up with tons of kill squads.  Some of them get so angry about it, they PM for hours afterwards while I just troll them with replies.

Playing defensively annoys Jason kill squads and avoids getting killed as Jason.  I really don't care how salty they get.  They don't let me kill them easily when im Jason, im not sure why they expect me to roll over and die when they have a sweater and Tommy

I totally understand your point the only thing I take issue with is being defensive is fine obnoxiously hiding is another  whether it’s in the woods or in the water... these shouldn’t be the only way to avoid being killed it should be either a little more difficult to accomplish of have another way to combat Tommy and SG.... Jason shouldn’t fear his own demise.

6 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I totally understand your point the only thing I take issue with is being defensive is fine obnoxiously hiding is another  whether it’s in the woods or in the water... these shouldn’t be the only way to avoid being killed it should be either a little more difficult to accomplish of have another way to combat Tommy and SG.... Jason shouldn’t fear his own demise.

Hiding in the water is cheap. Hiding in the woods is kinda like playing mind games.

49 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Hiding in the water is cheap. Hiding in the woods is kinda like playing mind games.

As long as you continue to engage...

If using your abilities To keep them at a distance and continue to hunt/ kill them  thats definitely ok with me but not if you are using the abilities to keep your distance and run the clock.

4 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

If using your abilities To keep them at a distance and continue to hunt/ kill them  thats definitely ok with me but not if you are using the abilities to keep your distance and run the clock.

I agree. Running out the clock to survive as Jason still gives the win to the surviving counselors.

16 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I guess it all depends on how you look at it.

Im avoiding the sweater... I can't really engage much if the sweater is around with Tommy in play.  So its basically their fault for grabbing the sweater in the 1st place.  (Which is exactly what I tell Kill squads, and they get really salty when I say that).

Because of the sweater im now forced to stay about 40-50 yards away from the sweater at all times.    And use throwing knives..  If they keep healing.. I gotta keep going to find more throwing knives.

I do try to bait them into certain areas where I know causes bottle necks, which sometimes catches them off guard.  I'll use the lake too.   I don't just sit there in the lake all match.  But i'll use the lake if needed.  But really, I use the lake all the time, even when im not being hunted.

I also have no problems keeping distance and running out the clock.  To me its a non issue. They are wasting my time, i'll waste their time.  And now we all waste time together.  

As long as I get a few kills.. im happy.  I don't need to kill everyone. 

Hell, I let newbie players escape all the time.  Since I don't want to kill everyone.