Sign in to follow this  
Strigoi

Stopping The Kill Set Up.

If Your a Jason player Think Ahead before the game starts what you must do to Stop The Kill Set Up .

First Thing is to cut the Electric out at The Tommy Jarvis Radio House and Then Trap off the electric box.

The Tommy Jarvis radio House is Easy to Find once You've played enough Games you can try diffrent spots that have the Electric Flash symbol on Jason's Map.

Next Step is to Immediately Morph to The Shack once you hear The Pamela Voorhees voice Warning Alarm then proceed to Slash The Sweater Girl .

If People Gang up On Jason The New Rage Buff will soon kick in ans Jason can Slash everyone .

Good points, but it's usually not that easy. Unless you can see the radio tower in the intro, you won't know which cabin has the radio and can usually expect Tommy to get called before taking out the correct generator.

Immediately morphing to the shack is wise if your morph isn't still in cooldown. However, if a few players are there, taking out the sweater girl is going to be a challenge.

The rage buff is great, but won't help protect you from getting unmasked by a group.

If you're playing in a lobby you know to have Jason hunters, trap the shack right away, unless you see the radio tower in the intro, take out the generator and multi-trap it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that since suiciders can't come back as Tommy, you have control over that. Go after people you either know to not be part of the hunting group and any possible sweater girls first.

Everyone already knows this and it is still easy to kill Jason. 

Don't worry, you will eventually go up against a group that is set out to kill you. Trap the Tommy box, as soon as you morph away, one of them will tank the trap and Tommy will get called. When you hear that warning about someone stealing your mom"s sweater, that's them in the shack waiting for you. You can plan ahead all you want, if a coordinated group wants you dead, you will die.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Strigoi said:

If Your a Jason player Think Ahead before the game starts what you must do to Stop The Kill Set Up .

First Thing is to cut the Electric out at The Tommy Jarvis Radio House and Then Trap off the electric box.

The Tommy Jarvis radio House is Easy to Find once You've played enough Games you can try diffrent spots that have the Electric Flash symbol on Jason's Map.

Next Step is to Immediately Morph to The Shack once you hear The Pamela Voorhees voice Warning Alarm then proceed to Slash The Sweater Girl .

If People Gang up On Jason The New Rage Buff will soon kick in ans Jason can Slash everyone .

I have taken masks off by myself before. Once the mask is off jason is dead. And the call to tommy can usually already be done before J even morphs to the right tommy location. If you get a notification that someone is at the shack if it’s a running counselor they’ll already be long gone by the time you arrive or if you do find them and they’re good at juking shift grabs they’ll get away. It isn’t as simple as you state to avoid getting killed as jason

3 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that since suiciders can't come back as Tommy, you have control over that. Go after people you either know to not be part of the hunting group and any possible sweater girls first.

Even that doesn't help.

You set one trap, your buddy sets the other.  You walk into his trap, he walks into yours.  You do that a second time.  You're now both dead, and one of you is coming back as Tommy because neither death is considered a suicide by the game.  It shows you as murdered. 

Check the lobby’s level before the match and kill the lowest level players first. Hopefully you’ll have a low level Tommy who is easy to kill. 

Sometimes trapping the tommy box at the start can work against you. I was in a match where I morphed to the Tommy box at the start then cut the power and trapped it. With just a couple of counsellors left someone had got the call to Tommy off and a high level player came back as Tommy. 

Some rounds it’s best to try and control who comes back as Tommy instead of trapping the Tommy box and risking a high level player player coming back as Tommy later in the match and potentially killing your Jason. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I usually go for the sweater as Venessa before Jason gets shift. I then lead him to the people who hit him until his mask is off. Not that hard to counter the strategies you mentioned 

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2019 at 10:44 PM, SirMang said:

You set one trap, your buddy sets the other.  You walk into his trap, he walks into yours.  You do that a second time.  You're now both dead, and one of you is coming back as Tommy because neither death is considered a suicide by the game.  It shows you as murdered. 

Darn, I was hoping it wouldn't be that easy to get around suiciding.

16 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Darn, I was hoping it wouldn't be that easy to get around suiciding.

Unfortunately it's not.

You can find a cabin where someone set a trap at the door, go crashing through the window enough times so you're limping, and just walk on the trap.  And voila...you've been murdered and can come back as Tommy. 

Traps you set yourself and die to are still suicides, but someone else's trap, murdered. 

13 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Uh just shift away before the sweater fully activates and boom you avoid a kill or block tommy by going into a doorway.

this

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Uh just shift away before the sweater fully activates and boom you avoid a kill or block tommy by going into a doorway.

Or face a wall with no space for Tommy to get in front of you. 

I played a game about a week ago, I was chasing sweater girl around the back of a cabin, Tommy hit me from behind and knocked the mask off. As soon as I came out of stun from the de-masking, I was facing the outer wall of the cabin and the sweater was popped. Tommy couldn’t pull off the kill. I couldn’t have moved if I wanted to, so it wasn’t intentional (didn’t even know you could stop the kill this way), but man the salt that I received afterwards. 

3 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Or face a wall with no space for Tommy to get in front of you. 

I played a game about a week ago, I was chasing sweater girl around the back of a cabin, Tommy hit me from behind and knocked the mask off. As soon as I came out of stun from the de-masking, I was facing the outer wall of the cabin and the sweater was popped. Tommy couldn’t pull off the kill. I couldn’t have moved if I wanted to, so it wasn’t intentional (didn’t even know you could stop the kill this way), but man the salt that I received afterwards. 

Nobody is entitled to a Jason-kill. Fuck 'em if they don't like it.

Edit: I had a kill ruined recently because SG used the sweater when Jason was too close to a closet. He apparently thought she was hiding in it (she wasn't) and used it when he tried to stab through the closet. He fell to his knees but I couldn't get the prompt.

2nd edit:

After giving it some thought, I think Jason's block needs tweaking so that it's both faster and completely negates damage as long as R1 is being held. I've had more than one occasion where I was demasked despite clearly blocking the attack.

On 3/12/2019 at 5:15 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

If any of the sweater starts and you shift/morph away, the next hit you get from someone will put you on your knees anyway. 

Doorway with tommy behind you or wall hugging definitely will stop it. 

14 hours ago, SirMang said:

If any of the sweater starts and you shift/morph away, the next hit you get from someone will put you on your knees anyway. 

That is true, at least in my case:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

What the hell? That's really messed up. @mattshotcha is this a bug? If so, is it one you guys are aware of?

15 hours ago, SirMang said:

Doorway with tommy behind you or wall hugging definitely will stop it. 

I never really had that happened while shifting or morphing away.

@aurllcooljay  Thanks for the video evidence of it.  I don't keep game clips so it's much appreciated that you actually showed it. 

Whether this is intended or not, I don't know.  I've never seen any discussion about it, but I do believe I've seen you post that video before. 

Got this forwarded to the team and we'll look into it! Thanks for the videos, everyone!

15 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Easy fix: After morphing or shifting away, just get hit by someone that's away from Tommy. Sure, you'll probably drop to your knees but if he can't reach you in time it won't matter. This has saved my ass more than once 

Or, if this isn't feasible (AND somebody close has a low-stun weapon) you can try and make the next hit come from them. Be aware that if Tommy is close enough to reach you this may backfire if the low-stun actually succeeds in dropping you, or if it doesn't but Tommy delivers a follow-up hit that does.

I haven't tested to see if it's possible to dodge the sweater then nullify the kneeling hit by either stepping in a counselor bear-trap or grabbing someone and getting PK'ed. I'm pretty sure that the game isn't going to force you to play the rest of the round with the "next hit gets you killed" hanging over your head, so there's bound to be some kind of more-or-less expiration condition.

Some people had breakdowns when they couldn’t kill Jason I rage mode, and it was fixed faster than any other bug in the history of this game, I have a feeling that this isn’t going to be fixed that fast, Although I think this is just as bad of a bug... actually much worse, Jason is still just as easy as he has ever been to kill, people have adjusted their play to Jason’s buff, he is still underpowered in almost every way to the counselors.

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Easy fix: After morphing or shifting away, just get hit by someone that's away from Tommy. Sure, you'll probably drop to your knees but if he can't reach you in time it won't matter. This has saved my ass more than once 

Or, if this isn't feasible (AND somebody close has a low-stun weapon) you can try and make the next hit come from them. Be aware that if Tommy is close enough to reach you this may backfire if the low-stun actually succeeds in dropping you, or if it doesn't but Tommy delivers a follow-up hit that does.

I haven't tested to see if it's possible to dodge the sweater then nullify the kneeling hit by either stepping in a counselor bear-trap or grabbing someone and getting PK'ed. I'm pretty sure that the game isn't going to force you to play the rest of the round with the "next hit gets you killed" hanging over your head, so there's bound to be some kind of more-or-less expiration condition.

Truth

On 3/12/2019 at 5:15 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I didn't think it was possible to shift or morph out of the sweater stun.I thought that was patched.Apparently not which is in my opinion a good thing.Or does it ake perfect timing to pull of?