Sign in to follow this  
Sir Jack

Un uncharted island and secret cabins in Higgins Big?

The maps were originally supposed to be even bigger than what we got. They sized them down from what they were.

When you look at those old demo videos before gameplay was revealed. They looked to be very big.

3 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

The maps were originally supposed to be even bigger than what we got. They sized them down from what they were.

When you look at those old demo videos before gameplay was revealed. They looked to be very big.

Can you show me?

Cool, always wanted to go to Packanack from Higgins. I had hoped a map would eventually connect them all and give us a really sense of the whole. It would have been neat to end up in the wrong map trying to remember what trail leads where. Having to run across Pinehurst because you took a left at Jarvis instead of going south to your destination. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They devs should somehow add this officially on to the game since its all ready there it doesn't qualify New Content .

Has anybody tried this? I don't get how to exit the map and reach the other houses

@Sir Jack I had a vid up on YouTube showing how to do it, as well as many others. Surprise, they were removed. You could use this "exit" to farm XP a while back (that's a whole different discussion).

Easy way to explain it is, goof around on bots until they call the cops. If the cop exit is at the West side of the map, make your way there as Jason. When you approach the exit, don't use the main road, the cops will shoot you and your exit is denied. Walk toward the right side of the wooden archway over the road. Walk as close to the side as you can around the archway and you should be able to make it to the other side. You will then be free to move around in uncharted territory until the time runs out on the match.

On 3/10/2019 at 4:03 PM, Strigoi said:

They devs should somehow add this officially on to the game since its all ready there it doesn't qualify New Content .

I agree. Make Higgens Ultra and make all the game maps connect. I would call it Crystal Lake Ultra.

Crystal Lake Redux where all the small maps are connected, even to Pinehurst.

Ive been able to roam the off-map sections after getting tossed there by Jason destroying the car with TKs.  I roamed around a bunch of new islands and stuff but never saw any cabins.

On 3/10/2019 at 4:03 PM, Strigoi said:

You've obviously never been launched out of the map and went to those places "out of bounds"

On Higgins you can see those "cabins and lights" in the distance.  Thing is they're not cabins, some are just a flat square, some are completely undeveloped looking blobs up close.  They're also not lights.  They're just boxes in a yellowish color. 

There is no completed content over there. 

Edit after looking at the video - if you watched the video in the OP, you wouldn't have posted what you said about them adding it officially as you can clearly see nothing is done and would have seen the yellowish boxes yourself. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

Sorry for bringing this up, but on that video I saw that @HaHaTrumpWon found and easier way to escape the map, care to explain?

Here you go. Bear in mind this is on Higgens SMALL. There's an unreachable island you can get to, but there are no secret cabins. Also, I feel I should mention that this was done in a private match and not a QP lobby. If you do this in offline bots (which is where I found it) you can literally just walk out without even having the police shoot you, but obviously you can't bring the bots with you. Even if you could, they'd probably just run off the map and fall into the abyss. 

About the secret cabins on Higgens large, I finally got to see one up close last night (the same one in the video posted by the OP). You have no idea how long I've wanted to see one for myself, and I'd still love to see some of the other ones. It's not about wanting to cheat, exploit, or break the game, it's about loving the world the Devs have created and wanting to explore as much of it as humanly possible.

EDIT:

@Dragonfire82877 You can exit through the East side as well. Go over to the exit (obviously this only works if the fuzz are there), get as far left as you can, and walks into the barrier. You'll get shot, but you'll also get pushed into a position directly beside that little rock. Turn to Jason's left and walks forward onto aforementioned little rock. You will get shot again once you step off the rock, but that should be the last time.

Also, you cannot reach the West exit from the East exit (or vice versa) by going North. There is a chasm that you are NOT getting across. If you try to Shift over it, you're either going down into the abyss and dying, or you're falling down into an unreachable portion of the map and will have to Morph out of it.

7 hours ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

I ended up on the other side of Crystal Lake one time from a car glitch. There's an empty barn I explored. 

Normally, I'd say that taunting Jason with dancing is one of the most obnoxious, shit-headed fuckboi things you can do, but if this Jason decided to cheat like a pussy and glitch the car, then fuck him, serves him right. The barns awesome, by the way.

After numerous private match tests and restarts, I've concluded that most if not all maps can be exited by having Jason grab you and walk into the police barrier. This works for certain on both Higgens maps, Jarvis House, Packanack small, and Crystal Lake small. As far as I can tell, Higgens small is the only map you can reliably exit as both Jason and counselor, though as a counselor you still need Jason's help, otherwise you're just going to escape. If you decide to try any of these, remember:

Do it in Private or Bots. It is cheating if you do it in a QP lobby.

Be mindful of death barriers, as not all of them are obvious or even visible.

Sprawling, wide-open areas where the grass kind of resembles a flannel pattern might obstruct your vision even if there's nothing close to you. I think sections like these are considered by the game to be water since there's one on HHS that lets you literally swim in the air. 

If you walk to the edge of the map/cliff/field/etc.., look down, and see nothing below you but stars, it's an abyss and will kill you if you jump off.

Some areas are easy to get into, but impossible to get out of.

If you're in water and Jason/counselor starts moving on their own, you've hit what I like to call a 'Death Drain'' and no, you can't use Morph to escape because it locks your abilities.

If you Shift while going downhill or down a slope, sometimes it will catapult Jason way farther than expected, usually right into another death barrier.

There are some places that trap you behind an invisible wall if you (as a counselor) try re-entering the map there. 

• Like 1

this topic thread is useless and older than dirt.

how did i get called back into this ridiculous thread.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:53 AM, Redcat345 said:

I agree. Make Higgens Ultra and make all the game maps connect. I would call it Crystal Lake Ultra.

Crystal Lake Redux where all the small maps are connected, even to Pinehurst.

are you being serious.

7 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

this topic thread is useless and older than dirt.

how did i get called back into this ridiculous thread.

Stupidity on your part.

11 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

are you being serious.

Dead serious. It would be nice to see the maps connected.

8 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Stupidity on your part.

NO NEW CONTENT from Gunmedia ever again.

I Imagine with the demand being so great for this game that a part 2 will be made by a different company.

thats all i have to say in this thread.