Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

Teaming at its absolute finest

10 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I see your point and I believe this was a flaw of the game to begin with, let me clarify the point now:

IF the devs wanted a horror game where Jason was king and you ONLY had to run away, the game was wrong since launch. In what kind of dream can Deborah stun Jason with a frying pan? total nonsense given these premises.

So IF the purpose of the game was to have an OP Jason like some people claim, the structure of the game was wrong from the start. They should have made a game without the possibility of fighting back unless you find a shotgun, flaregun or firecrackers. 

With these premises the game and its community would have been different and the game would have been more like a horror game.

BUT these weren't the premises, once you allow me to fight back then there's the chance of me beating you regardless how OP you are, on top of that the DEVS (NOT THE PLAYERS) introduced funny emoticons and costumes into the game.

They made the game more of half-serious horror movie from the 80's, very similar to some of the nightmares on elm street dark humour. 

With THESE premises, the game shouldn't be taken seriously and Jason can be stunned, beaten etc 

THIS is the game the devs made, they made these things possible themselves, thus you attract a certain kind of people with certain kind of behaviours.

I don't think the game was EVER intended to be taken as a serious horror game and if it was then they failed spectacularly!

Speedo dancing Chad in a serious game? seriously? 

I wonder what the game would be like if they nerfed the counselors fighting abilities to the ground as well as Jason’s sense ability. This means counselors have a very low chance to stun so fighting him would be worthless. The only exception to stun Jason would be tommy Jarvis. People would take the game more seriously and potentially play as tommy Jarvis the correct way. If they did this you’d see people running for their lives and not fighting Jason/dancing in front of him. This would be a much more serious horror game if they did it that way. But I’m really happy I can fight back it’s fun to fight so don’t change it 😁

32 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I wonder what the game would be like if they nerfed the counselors fighting abilities to the ground as well as Jason’s sense ability. This means counselors have a very low chance to stun so fighting him would be worthless. The only exception to stun Jason would be tommy Jarvis. People would take the game more seriously and potentially play as tommy Jarvis the correct way. If they did this you’d see people running for their lives and not fighting Jason/dancing in front of him. This would be a much more serious horror game if they did it that way. But I’m really happy I can fight back it’s fun to fight so don’t change it 😁

Precisely my point, I played the game with the premises I could fight back I am not sure I would have bought it otherwise.

Still, with an unstoppable Jason, with only 1 shotgun, 1 flaregun and 1 set of firecrackers and no sense, it could potentially be a nice stealthy horror game. 

The premise here would be that NOBODY in their sane mind would melee Jason.

Imagine if only Tommy (if called) and the final counsellor remaining (to mimic the ending of each film) could actually use a melee weapon to fight back, it would certainly be a different game, probably scarier than it is.

Because let's be honest, Deborah and Jenny stunning Jason with a pot or branch do not make much sense if the game is to be taken seriously

4 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Precisely my point, I played the game with the premises I could fight back I am not sure I would have bought it otherwise.

Still, with an unstoppable Jason, with only 1 shotgun, 1 flaregun and 1 set of firecrackers and no sense, it could potentially be a nice stealthy horror game. 

The premise here would be that NOBODY in their sane mind would melee Jason.

Imagine if only Tommy (if called) and the final counsellor remaining (to mimic the ending of each film) could actually use a melee weapon to fight back, it would certainly be a different game, probably scarier than it is.

Because let's be honest, Deborah and Jenny stunning Jason with a pot or branch do not make much sense if the game is to be taken seriously

It would be a very nice stealthy horror game. You could actually hide out from Jason and he’d have a harder time finding the counselors. I agree allowing the final survivor as well to stun would be a good addition to it. A lot of Friday movies the final survivors do put up a fight against him anyway... but this isn’t how the game is, it isn’t meant to be taken too seriously. 

Friday is already made and it’s too late to change the gameplay. But, It'd be interesting to see this stealthy horror type of gameplay in a potential Halloween game with Michael Myers. And Dr. Loomis could come in as the special/hero character who can shoot Michael with multiple rounds to stun him just like how he did in the movie. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

It would be a very nice stealthy horror game. You could actually hide out from Jason and he’d have a harder time finding the counselors. I agree allowing the final survivor as well to stun would be a good addition to it. A lot of Friday movies the final survivors do put up a fight against him anyway... but this isn’t how the game is, it isn’t meant to be taken too seriously. 

Friday is already made and it’s too late to change the gameplay. But, It'd be interesting to see this stealthy horror type of gameplay in a potential Halloween game with Michael Myers. And Dr. Loomis could come in as the special/hero character who can shoot Michael with multiple rounds to stun him just like how he did in the movie. 

Absolutely agreed :)

20 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

How do you guys keep running into so many teamers? I run into the typical trolls and shit-burgers a lot but rarely find somebody actually working with Jason (PS4). 

Depends on the region and time you play I guess? I don't wanna publicly say where I'm from but man the amount of teamers and trolls I find in my area/servers is crazy (PS4). And to make it more ironic they're mostly grown up men lol. I've had some fun lobbies playing with 10 year old kids who actually try to push objectives and escape. 

Teamers and trolls is the reason I don't play solo anymore.

Edited by mike-hannigan
Rephrased first paragraph.

I got called a teamer today. Some guy in the lobby didn’t like someone’s accent and said he was going to run us all over. The guy with the accent was level 1 and ended up being Jason. So I fixed a car and went looking for the guy who said he was going to run us over, an Adam. While driving around in the two seater I picked up a Tiff and told her I was going to run over Adam before we left. While driving around two people, a Vanessa and an AJ decided to stand in front of the car and not move, so I ran them over. It wasn’t nice but I was talking on mic telling them to move, I stopped and gave them a chance but they wanted the car or Tiff to get out. It was weird cause they both did it on after another. Adam unfortunately got away to the cops, I tried playing goalie with the car but I’m not normally homicidal so he juked around me. After calling me a teamer a bunch of times in the lobby the AJ and Vanessa’s friend was Jason and they teamed. Lol

PS. I think they wanted to come back as Tommy, so it was actually a form of suicide.

Can a counselor who purposely run over other players be considered a teamer though? I mean, Jason doesn't get any points if other players they die by someone else's hand if anything it'd be better to call them trolls I guess.

I consider teamers to those who snitch out other player's locations, take the sweater and pair of keys with them, bonus points if they have the fuse as well. Trap you in shacks with Jason by body blocking your way out, etc.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Most of the time when I’m in a game and someone is running people over in the car, it’s a level 150 player who apparently just wants to cause chaos. They appear to have no connection with the Jason player, that I can tell. 

2 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

Can a counselor who purposely run over other players be considered a teamer though? I mean, Jason doesn't get any points if other players they die by someone else's hand if anything it'd be better to call them trolls I guess.

I consider teamers to those who snitch out other player's locations, take the sweater and pair of keys with them, bonus points if they have the fuse as well. Trap you in shacks with Jason by body blocking your way out, etc.

Teaming comes in many forms. Running people over in the name of the Jason player could be considered teaming.

2 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

I don’t think your assessment of teaming is wrong at all.

My behaviour was toxic. I don’t normally approve of running people over but I also know I’m ridiculously stubborn and if I set my mind to doing something, a little lost XP isn’t likely to deter me. I don’t feel bad for the two players I did run over because they were purposely blocking the road, and if I had considered the Jason a threat then running them over to save my passenger is something I’d do anyway. I do feel bad about not punishing the player who thinks it’s funny to threaten the lobby because someone speaks differently then them, especially a completely new player like this one. 

I try not to engage in any troll behaviour, I just normally do objectives and help people. When I do cross a line it’s good to come to camp and confess though. 

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Most of the time when I’m in a game and someone is running people over in the car, it’s a level 150 player who apparently just wants to cause chaos. They appear to have no connection with the Jason player, that I can tell. 

You’re not wrong but sometimes they do it to feed a bad Jason exhausted Counselors or keep them penned.

Sorry if I disappointed anyone by running people over. 

12 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

My behaviour was toxic. I don’t normally approve of running people over but I also know I’m ridiculously stubborn and if I set my mind to doing something, a little lost XP isn’t likely to deter me. I don’t feel bad for the two players I did run over because they were purposely blocking the road, and if I had considered the Jason a threat then running them over to save my passenger is something I’d do anyway. I do feel bad about not punishing the player who thinks it’s funny to threaten the lobby because someone speaks differently then them, especially a completely new player like this one. 

I try not to engage in any troll behaviour, I just normally do objectives and help people. When I do cross a line it’s good to come to camp and confess though. 

My post wasn't aimed at you by the way. I probably would've ran over those 2 people whom were blocking the way too. And I understand you were trying to school that Adam player for being rude and possibly a bigot (?) too.

40 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Teaming comes in many forms. Running people over in the name of the Jason player could be considered teaming.

Hmm I guess someone running over Tommy or the sweater girl to prevent them killing your Jason buddy could be considered teaming, yeah.

19 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

My post wasn't aimed at you by the way. I probably would've ran over those 2 people whom were blocking the way too. And I understand you were trying to school that Adam player for being rude and possibly a bigot (?) too. Maybe, he seemed to just want a reason. 

Hmm I guess someone running over Tommy or the sweater girl to prevent them killing your Jason buddy could be considered teaming, yeah. Definitely teaming.

I just wanted to finish my thought, your post gave me the opportunity. I would really rather not encourage toxic crap if I can help it.

Maybe there’s an Idea or two floating around that could discourage teaming, I’ll certainly be thinking about it. It’s a tough problem though, you don’t want to remove any content like circles on the map.... 🤔.

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2019 at 12:23 PM, Nougat said:

Something that shouldn't be mentioned/promoted on the forums. It's something I save exclusively for teamers, as doing it to a legit Jason would be a d*ck move. It isn't any kind of roof glitch though.

Tell us

• Haha 1