Sign in to follow this  
Fair Play

Challenge of Killing Jason

How challenging should it be to kill Jason Voorhees?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How challenging should it be to kill Jason Voorhees?

• Easy - This is a game after all.
    • Moderate - There should be an equal likelihood of victory for either side.
    • Hard - Jason's the star of the show, not some punching bag.
    • I don't care - I don't fight Jason.

30 minutes ago, Ahab said:

At least you understand what I was trying to say. Many people do not "get it"... and try to argue against the very simple math behind it.
  This still leaves that indefensible hit after all animations... which can still easily be used for most of these hits if not all of them. I am still more of a fan of Jason just having a fair chance to defend himself against demasking... which would have to include "no indefensible hits towards demasking". But Bugsy's two hit demasking... that is hardly fair either. Even with a fair chance to defend himself... chances are even the best Jason players will still take far more than two hits in most matches.

I am also not really for or against the low hp remask at the shack. But I do see that being used against Jason effectively more than anything else... I know I would be co ordinating a kill like this... with everyone other than Tommy and sweater girl trying to demask him while they wait safely at the shack for Jason's inevitable return... In my opinion... the remasking at the shack thing is just to easy to exploit as the weakness that it actually is. If a specific location was not involved with this... it would be MUCH harder to use it against him.
  Not sure what the devs will do to make the Jason kill harder... but I do hope... whatever they do about it actually works... and does not thrown balance to the winds.

Yeah the indefensible hit is still a problem and probably always will be. I’m not sure how difficult it would be to program that so jason doesn’t take any damage or stuns for at least a couple seconds after he gets out of animation. People really like to stand next to Jason in combat stance and hit him right out of animation. This has always been a cheap way of de masking. Hopefully whatever the devs do is to make it more difficult. Which I believe is going to be a big focus on the next patch

5 hours ago, Drop.Dead.Cynical said:

I'm gonna take a hard stance here and say that killing Jason should only happen a fraction of the percent of a time. This is, however, merely a personal opinion and there is no fair way I could think of to implement it. Too many variables at play

I'd say a 5-10% chance myself.

5 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Why the hell would you want a game to be easy? They’re only fun if they are a challenge. Buffing Jason wouldn’t make killing him impossible unless you’re not at all interested in improving your gaming skills. A shit ton of games out there have final bosses that are many times harder to kill than Jason. He should be tougher. 

Don't forget about the games that have optional bosses that are stronger than the final bosses. Jason should be on that level.

4 hours ago, Brogan322 said:

Just remove the option to kill him in public lobbies and keep the kill in private lobbies for those who need the achievement/trophy.

I'd say leave it be. People should have the option to kill Jason either way. It just needs to be a bit tougher.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I do have an interesting suggestion.... maybe you can only grab through the window while using Stalk?

This could prove very interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

This could prove very interesting.

Stalk would finally be as powerful as the Pubs think it is, lol. I just want to scare the crap out of people and get some cool kills.

I think Matt’s still mad at me though so bugging him right now about it probably won’t be very useful.

As a side note, I can’t ask questions during the Beyond streams as that’s when I have to pick up my little Slasher from school, if anyone is in the chat feel free to mention or ask about any of my ideas, this one included. It would very much be appreciated, thanks in advance. 

17 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Stalk would finally be as powerful as the Pubs think it is, lol. I just want to scare the crap out of people and get some cool kills.

I think Matt’s still mad at me though so bugging him right now about it probably won’t be very useful.

As a side note, I can’t ask questions during the Beyond streams as that’s when I have to pick up my little Slasher from school, if anyone is in the chat feel free to mention or ask about any of my ideas, this one included. It would very much be appreciated, thanks in advance. 

Is little Slasher anything like the original? 😎

• Haha 1

The various ways Jason could use a buff have been discussed to death. I'll not go into listing them again. Suffice to say killing Jason should be harder but not nigh impossible. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Is little Slasher anything like the original? 😎

He very much is, the Clone part in my name actually comes from his nick name. 

I’m always saying Catch up ‘blank’, the blank being random things. One day while walking through the mall, I called “catch up Clone 3” and without missing a beat, he yelled back “I’m not Clone 3, I’m Clone 4”, he was so serious it was genuinely convincing. He was 4 at the time, but the look I got from the lady walking by was pure horror, she seemed to think I’d actually named my kids as Clone + numbers, 🤣 lol, so it stuck. C4, is a cool nickname when it needs abbreviation. 

We had to have a conversation about not talking about Jason with the other kids in his gifted class because he was scaring the teachers by knowing far to much. He’s only seen Never Hike Alone and the game but probably knows as much as most fans at this point.

Killing Jason should be the most difficult counselor "winning" objective.

Instead right now, it's the easiest and it provides the most XP which in turn provides the most CP. 

18 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yeah the indefensible hit is still a problem and probably always will be. I’m not sure how difficult it would be to program that so jason doesn’t take any damage or stuns for at least a couple seconds after he gets out of animation. People really like to stand next to Jason in combat stance and hit him right out of animation. This has always been a cheap way of de masking. Hopefully whatever the devs do is to make it more difficult. Which I believe is going to be a big focus on the next patch

Cheap... oh yes... but only because there is zero defense against it. Jason gets about two seconds of stun immunity after a stun animation... He should also be immune to demasking damage at least with this stun resistance... if not for all animations that this is possible to do it with. This would help a lot...
   But, on the other hand... seven counselors surrounding you with axes, machetes and wrenches will get your mask off pretty quick too... There is more than one variable here... which makes it difficult to come up with any one thing that would truly make it more difficult to demask him.

What about an adjustment so that before Rage, weapons will stun but not inflict damage? Would that work?

I've only been involved in three games (in months of playing) where Jason has been killed. In at least two of those, it was likely a group of friends involved, with Jason letting them do it for XP. Trust me - killing Jason isn't easy and the game is hard enough as it is! 

2 hours ago, TheEscapee1 said:

Trust me - killing Jason isn't easy

Bullshit it isn't.

What part of that looks "not easy" to you? This was an experienced, high-level Jason, and he died like a bitch in a four-person lobby. If you seriously think killing Jason isn't easy, you suck at this game. 

7 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Bullshit it isn't.

If you seriously think killing Jason isn't easy, you suck at this game. 

Ah yes, but I tend to play without a headset and prefer not to be around other players on the map, unless I'm sure they want to help. Therefore, it's difficult to know if anyone's planning to kill him.

2 minutes ago, TheEscapee1 said:

Ah yes, but I tend to play without a headset and prefer not to be around other players on the map, unless I'm sure they want to help. Therefore, it's difficult to know if anyone's planning to kill him.

Dude, if I can organize a Jason-kill in a lobby of low-level (under 10) randoms with no communication except flashing my light at them (no mic, no PM, no party chat) it's too easy. You ever been in a game and someone runs up to you and tea-bags the ground or flashes you a couple of times? That usually means, "Help us kill Jason". How about when you're Tommy and somebody wearing the sweater runs right up to you and drops the axe? The huge majority of Tommy's will immediately understand that she wants you to help her kill Jason. That is just how easy and common it has become. 

10 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Dude, if I can organize a Jason-kill in a lobby of low-level (under 10) randoms with no communication except flashing my light at them (no mic, no PM, no party chat) it's too easy. You ever been in a game and someone runs up to you and tea-bags the ground or flashes you a couple of times? That usually means, "Help us kill Jason". How about when you're Tommy and somebody wearing the sweater runs right up to you and drops the axe? The huge majority of Tommy's will immediately understand that she wants you to help her kill Jason. That is just how easy and common it has become. 

Maybe I've just been unlucky, but I've never had that happen to me as Tommy. Also tend to think that a flashing light show by someone who finds their way into the same shack as me is just someone messing around. It usually ends up with three or four people dancing around in the same shack, and Jason not being ''able'' to find them. Lots of cheating or messing around in this game, seems to me. I'm also not a fan of the thought of trying to kill him. I prefer to find other ways to escape.

jason needs to be buffed. if 7 experienced counselors communicate via call and organize themselfs to kill jason most of the time there's little jason can do.

The devs had seem to have a counselor bias since the October 2017 patch that nerfed Jason. It is wayyyy to easy to kill Jason. I even trapped my shack with all 7 traps one match and they still managed to kill me.

I had a match recently I missed the Tommy box on first morph against a very organized party chat kill squad. Vanessa tanked the trap at the shack before I had sense and I had just morphed so she got the sweater. They had Tommy called. A Buggzy had my mask off in 2 lucky hits. All before Shift ability which happens at 2 minutes and 15 seconds. One of only 2 times I ever rage quit as Jason. I could have tried to out maneuver them but the odds were against me surviving. I'm usually very good at playing Jason but not Game Playing Guru good so I rage quit. Got to go against them again and they were mouthing off over their mics" Oh there's the rage quitter". Double trapped the shack, got the Tommy box first morph and double trapped. Killed the one mouthing off and then guess what. They all rage quit because I had the drop on them. Moral of the story is it's WAY too easy to kill Jason.

50 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Moral of the story is it's WAY too easy to kill Jason.

Fuckin' right it is. Think about it: A high-strength character like Buggy or Tommy can demask Jason in as little as 2-3 hits (even less with the right perks). Once the mask is off, the kill can be executed, which means it literally takes more effort to kill a counselor than it does to kill Jason. Let that sink in for a minute.

4 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

I even trapped my shack with all 7 traps one match and they still managed to kill me.

Not that I'm encouraging exploits or glitching here, but hypothetically speaking, if one just so happened to know how to Morph-abduct counselors (which you shouldn't do because this is all hypothetical and for educational purposes only) and knew before the round started that they were facing a kill-squad, AND didn't mind having multiple escapes, then one could (hypothetically) drop some traps at the shack entrance, then go back inside to wait for a Sweater-Girl hopeful to come to the shack. As soon as she stepped in the trap, one could (again, hypothetically) immediately Shift right to her and abduct her right into the middle of the lake, after which one could (hypothetically) drown her ass, go back to the shack, replace the trap, and wait silently for Sweater-Girl hopeful #2 .

Hypothetically,  of course.

• Confused 1

if the jason player has to mash x to get out of the stun shouldnt the tommy player get something that is equal to it instead of pressing x 

On 6/5/2020 at 1:08 PM, TheEscapee1 said:

I've only been involved in three games (in months of playing) where Jason has been killed. In at least two of those, it was likely a group of friends involved, with Jason letting them do it for XP. Trust me - killing Jason isn't easy and the game is hard enough as it is! 

Killing Jason is easier to a number of players that play heavily. Players that play casually may not feel the same way.

There are a number of videos that show the process of easily killing Jason.

20 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

The devs had seem to have a counselor bias since the October 2017 patch that nerfed Jason. It is wayyyy to easy to kill Jason. I even trapped my shack with all 7 traps one match and they still managed to kill me.

It was said that Jason would be looked at sometime in the future.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I had a match recently I missed the Tommy box on first morph against a very organized party chat kill squad. Vanessa tanked the trap at the shack before I had sense and I had just morphed so she got the sweater. They had Tommy called. A Buggzy had my mask off in 2 lucky hits. All before Shift ability which happens at 2 minutes and 15 seconds. One of only 2 times I ever rage quit as Jason. I could have tried to out maneuver them but the odds were against me surviving. 

If the sweaters taken before you’ve killed anyone then make sure you kill Sweatsr girl first, Tommy won’t show up unless others escape. If she took it before you even had sense you’ll have plenty of time to kill her before anyone escapes. 

Killing Jason is too easy for experienced players. But some smart play by Jason’s would help them stay alive a lot more. 

Check everyone’s level before the match & kill the worst players first. 

Try and get theTommy box on your first morph. 

I also put one trap on the shack but I know doing that is very decisive. 

I do the above 3 things every round. I’ve had my preference on Jason since day 1, played about 1100 Jason matches and been killed once.