How challenging should it be to kill Jason Voorhees?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How challenging should it be to kill Jason Voorhees?

• Easy - This is a game after all.
    • Moderate - There should be an equal likelihood of victory for either side.
    • Hard - Jason's the star of the show, not some punching bag.
    • I don't care - I don't fight Jason.

1 hour ago, Vanessaismymain said:

@Strigoi  I forgot to tag you. The comments above are for you. 

Im Angry Because I dont want my favorite game Ruined .

Theres a Trophy and Badge for killing Jason its built into the game .

Wouldn't offend you and  make you Angry if Friday the 13th was your favorite game and Forum people are trying to push the Devs to Make it Almost Impossible to kill Jason .

@OCT 31 1978, I've seen a great any suggestions on making the Jason kill harder to achieve. I think a number of people are on the right track.

@Dragonfire82877, it sounds like the player hasn't been in enough lobbies with Jason hunters.

@TheHansonGoons, I agree on the skill gap having to do with the issues certain people are having with the game. Put a launch day Jason against seven counselors playing for their first day, and there's no contest. Put seven launch day players against a first time Jason, and the same thing. There may be the occasional exception to the rule.

@Strigoi, no one is stopping the Jason kill. People just want it to be a bit more challenging. There's a difference.

Slow down on insulting the people here. You can make your point without talking down to people. Don't bring Facebook drama to the forum.

As far as people being satisfied, you cannot satisfy everybody, but you should try to satisfy the majority. Right now the majority (based on this poll alone) seem to want the Jason kill to be a bit more challenging.

@OCT 31 1978, I see where you are coming from. There are those who want a bigger challenge, as that makes them better gamers over time.

@SirMang, it sounds like you've done quite a bit of research on the matter. Three to seven minutes sounds about right for those who want to get the job done.

@mattshotcha, I'm tagging you so you may see more insight into what the players are seeking in this game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

Jason needs a massive HP buff or weapons need to do less damage.  Doubling his HP won't do any good.  

There needs to be even less machetes, shotguns and axes on the map since those weapons all do the most damage. 

Jason needs a way to potentially pick his mask back up to restore his HP. 

I shouldn't be able to play as Buggzy, have an epic Thrasher perk, and demask Jason in one hit 30 seconds into the match, then allow Jason to kill me so I have the best chance at coming back as Tommy. 

He needs a hp buff. How wouldn’t doubling his hp do any good? And shotguns? There’s only 2 shotguns that spawn on the map. And tommy comes in with one. We definetely don’t need less shotguns. Or we don’t need anything taken away from counselors  for that matter. It just needs to be a fair fight for Jason’s which means he should be able to take more hits before mask comes off

@DontZzz34 HP buff seems easy to implement and would certainly help counselors take Jason more seriously. 

I think damage output would help also.

Additionally I think blocking should significantly wear weapons down.

Grabbing through windows is also a great idea. 

I have no problem with Jason being able to be killed in every game but its ridiculous for it to happen in the opening minutes.

Just now, F134Ever86 said:

@DontZzz34 HP buff seems easy to implement and would certainly help counselors take Jason more seriously. 

I think damage output would help also.

Additionally I think blocking should significantly wear weapons down.

Grabbing through windows is also a great idea. 

I have no problem with Jason being able to be killed in every game but its ridiculous for it to happen in the opening minutes.

We’re on the same page with HP. But Grabbing through windows? That sounds like overkill to me. Windows are a huge savior for counselors especially when you’re on a long chase. 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

We’re on the same page with HP. But Grabbing through windows? That sounds like overkill to me. Windows are a huge savior for counselors especially when you’re on a long chase. 

tumblr_mpmy1htxd11srsy9vo1_500.gif

Its canon though. There is enough room in the hallways for them to be able to avoid it too.

@Jason Todd Voorhees first idea is superb. 2nd might lead Jason never going near his humble abode thus low Jason kills.

@OCT 31 1978 I think that the car window grab can be applied to cabin windows. Might need slight modification.

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Its canon though. There is enough room in the hallways for them to be able to avoid it too.

I wish this was in the game no one would sit there flashing a flashlight in Jasons Face If you could grab them through the window like that!

• Like 1

I honestly believe if Jason needs to be killed it should be....

1. Tommy Jarvis should only spawn when its one counselor left when he is called.

2. Sweater Girl must be near the cabin in the game to be able to use the sweater.

This is just my idea.

18 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Wouldn't offend you and  make you Angry if Friday the 13th was your favorite game and Forum people are trying to push the Devs to Make it Almost Impossible to kill Jason .

Friday the 13th is my favorite game. And no one on the forums is pushing the devs to make Jason unable to be killed. The devs (you know, the people that made the game) has said Jason was supposed to be hard to kill. At this point in time, Jason can be killed very easily. No matter what you say or anyone else, the devs are going to do what they see fit. 

18 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

How wouldn’t doubling his hp do any good?

When even one counselor.... Bugsy, I am looking in your direction... can remove the mask in two hits, doubling Jason's hit points will only raise it to.... 4 hits. You have now prolonged the time it takes to kill Jason by about thirty seconds... or less... This is not making it more difficult... it is prolonging the inevitable.

18 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

It just needs to be a fair fight for Jason’s which means he should be able to take more hits before mask comes off

A fair fight... yes... But with this statement, in an asymmetrical game... it needs to be a fair fight against how many counselors at once?
   Jason really needs a fair chance to not lose his mask... block is too slow to be reliable... meat shielding is gone (and it only helped a bit in the first place)… and then there is that indefensible demasking hit after EVERY animation Jason has... indefensible = no chance... As long as he can lose his mask to this type of exploit, there is no chance to keep his mask against anyone who uses this method.

17 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Although this would seem to be a great addition to the game.... and it could be done using the "grab the counselor out of the car animation"... as the mechanics stand now... any time someone jumps through a window, they would get grabbed out of it. That is just too much of a buff for Jason... no matter how cool it seems.
   On the other hand... if it could only be done to someone who has not just crawled through a window... Perhaps someone who is looking out the window, or trying to attack Jason through a window... or just walking too close to a window... then yes, this would be acceptable... and NOT too much of a buff for the big guy... I could see a great many more jump scares in the game if it were implemented this way.

19 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

1. Tommy Jarvis should only spawn when its one counselor left when he is called.

Not every Tommy player goes for the kill either. This would leave the possibility for Tommy to "save" only one counselor... Tommy is NOT the problem, Jason losing his mask WAY too easily IS the problem.

19 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Sweater Girl must be near the cabin in the game to be able to use the sweater.

This would completely eliminate the Jason kill from the game... Why would a Jason player even enter the one area he can be killed in?

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:56 PM, Fair Play said:

Where do you stand on this topic?

Good thinking with a pole on this... and of course, you know how I feel... The Jason kill should require some skill to pull it off... which of course means, it needs to be difficult to do it in the first place.

18 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Good thinking with a pole on this... and of course, you know how I feel... The Jason kill should require some skill to pull it off... which of course means, it needs to be difficult to do it in the first place.

I'm just doing my part to try to help the developers gather the information needed to make the game better. You, me and quite a few others feel that the Jason kill should be challenging, and not just a casual stroll in the park.

• Like 1

I'm gonna take a hard stance here and say that killing Jason should only happen a fraction of the percent of a time. This is, however, merely a personal opinion and there is no fair way I could think of to implement it. Too many variables at play

Why the hell would you want a game to be easy? They’re only fun if they are a challenge. Buffing Jason wouldn’t make killing him impossible unless you’re not at all interested in improving your gaming skills. A shit ton of games out there have final bosses that are many times harder to kill than Jason. He should be tougher. 

• Like 2

Just remove the option to kill him in public lobbies and keep the kill in private lobbies for those who need the achievement/trophy.

18 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

@OCT 31 1978 I think that the car window grab can be applied to cabin windows. Might need slight modification.

The grab from the car mechanic Definitely could be used to achieve this just add in the broken glass animation from the window being smashed  ....

I also saw  @Ahab comments on this idea and I agree that that grab animation would have to only work as a pull out of the window when standing next to it otherwise it definitely would really negatively effect counselor gameplay....

.. once a counselor has smashed through a window that animation should be enough distance  to be free and clear of Jasons grab from outside .....

I am sure unfortunately that the developers won’t be able to code that into the game anyway because of the window breaking prompt unless they can rework the code to recognize the counselors standing in front of it only making the grab prompt available.

23 hours ago, Strigoi said:

For years people have been complaining on this Forum that Jason is Weak .

When will you all be Satisfied .

When Jason isn't weak anymore. So we have a bit of a ways to go yet.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I am sure unfortunately that the developers won’t be able to code that into the game anyway because of the window breaking prompt unless they can rework the code to recognize the counselors standing in front of it only making the grab prompt available.

This would indeed be more difficult to put into the game than the casual conversation would first suggest... Possible does not always translate to easy... But it would still be a nice addition if done properly.

31 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

When Jason isn't weak anymore. So we have a bit of a ways to go yet.

A bit of a way yes... I fully agree... But not too far.

21 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Theres a Trophy and Badge for killing Jason its built into the game .

Yes, there is... Did you notice it has the lowest numbers required to finish it?... Why do you think that is?... I can tell you, it is sure as shit not because it was meant to be easy.

21 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Although I have recently seen a few people suggest that the Jason kill be removed from the game... You will be happy to know, it is not going anywhere. Most people here just want it to actually require some skill to do it... as it is now, it does not really require much, if ANY skill to do it.
   But I will tell you why people have been complaining about the piñata parties and the supposed rare Jason kill happening FAR more often than anything that could be considered rare.

The piñata parties made Jason look like a clown. They were EXTREMELY frustrating to endure... and personally, I know MANY people that just put the game down after this happened to them the first time out of UTTER disgust at how Jason Voorhees was being portrayed. NO ONE is afraid of a piñata... which our star here was... and for the beginning of the match at least, still can be... Not fearing the killer in an asymmetrical horror game goes completely against the genre the game is in in the first place... No one was crying about it, they ALL had legitimate complaints... So... deal with it.
   Disagree all you like... you will still be WRONG.

With the inability to properly defend against losing his mask... Killing Jason is too easy. The skilless wonder boys that think they are champion players by doing something a six year old can pull off are just plain and simply delusional.
   If you want to be proud of an accomplishment... you need to actually have something to be proud of... Doing something that literally ANYONE can do... IS NOT something to be proud of.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The grab from the car mechanic Definitely could be used to achieve this just add in the broken glass animation from the window being smashed  ....

I’m surprised I’m so fine with this but bring on the window grabbing. 

I do have an interesting suggestion.... maybe you can only grab through the window while using Stalk? The prompt would change based on wether you had it running or not. The window would still be broken by Jason putting his upper body through it but it could cause some good jump scares if he could lean in as you’re coming down the hall and swipe at you. I was just in the Stalk thread but I think this could make it a lot of fun and not just be because I couldn’t think of anything. 😆 

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2019 at 11:24 AM, Strigoi said:

Its Allready a Rare chance to kill Jason .

No it’s not. I’ve seen Jason kill squads kill him more than 10 games in a row. I agree it should be harder.

10 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m surprised I’m so fine with this but bring on the window grabbing. 

I do have an interesting suggestion.... maybe you can only grab through the window while using Stalk? The prompt would change based on wether you had it running or not. The window would still be broken by Jason putting his upper body through it but it could cause some good jump scares if he could lean in as you’re coming down the hall and swipe at you. I was just in the Stalk thread but I think this could make it a lot of fun and not just be because I couldn’t think of anything. 😆 

Definitely a good suggestion to help distinguish between the prompts when a grab through the window could work..... 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 2:28 PM, Strigoi said:

Im telling you that the steps that Jason players need To take to stop the kill set up are easier for Jason players .

All Jason players need To do is Kill Tommy Jarvis or the Sweater Girl and if you cant do that as a Jason player them maybe you needto practice .

Counselors Have to do more work to make The Jason Kill Happen.

Counselors Have to Risk Jason killing them while getting the sweater an alarm alerts Jason .

Counselors Have to call Tommy Jarvis .

There has to be enough female characters left in the Game.

The Challenges that Counselors face to be able to kill Jason are Difficult .

Jason has tons of oppertunities to stop the kill set up.

If This Game becomes more difficult for Counselors the game will be Ruined.

I cant belive that The Devs listen to A Bunch Of couch potato stoners on social security that sit around on the Friday the 13th forums all day trying to find ways to make this game stupid where Jason just walks around Killing everyone .

It’s not that hard to kill Jason. 75% of the time, a counselor will spawn at or near the Tommy house. Also, if you get the sweater before Jason gets shift he’s not hard to outrun. Even with the trapped shack, you only need to tank one to get in. Killing Jason really isn’t very hard.

22 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Im Angry Because I dont want my favorite game Ruined . Deep breaths, buddy. No need to get mad at us.

Theres a Trophy and Badge for killing Jason its built into the game . There is, and I’m sure you have them by now.

No ones pushing for it to be impossible, and I’d like to point out that you are a forum people too.

I need you to stop being hostile, if you’re just here to post, then do that but do it without antagonizing other Campers. If you antagonize them first, I’m not inclined to become involved, if you pick a fight, you’re accepting the consequences. If you’re just posting and someone picks a fight with you that’s different but don’t abuse it, ok man. 

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

When even one counselor.... Bugsy, I am looking in your direction... can remove the mask in two hits, doubling Jason's hit points will only raise it to.... 4 hits. You have now prolonged the time it takes to kill Jason by about thirty seconds... or less... This is not making it more difficult... it is prolonging the inevitable.

A fair fight... yes... But with this statement, in an asymmetrical game... it needs to be a fair fight against how many counselors at once?
   Jason really needs a fair chance to not lose his mask... block is too slow to be reliable... meat shielding is gone (and it only helped a bit in the first place)… and then there is that indefensible demasking hit after EVERY animation Jason has... indefensible = no chance... As long as he can lose his mask to this type of exploit, there is no chance to keep his mask against anyone who uses this method.

Okay maybe they defintely need to do more than double the hit points. A range of around 15 hits imo would seem good for a low strength to average strength character. And maybe 10 hits for buggzy? What do people think of this? With a low hp re mask Jason gets at the shack

18 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Okay maybe they defintely need to do more than double the hit points. A range of around 15 hits imo would seem good for a low strength to average strength character. And maybe 10 hits for buggzy? What do people think of this? With a low hp re mask Jason gets at the shack

At least you understand what I was trying to say. Many people do not "get it"... and try to argue against the very simple math behind it.
  This still leaves that indefensible hit after all animations... which can still easily be used for most of these hits if not all of them. I am still more of a fan of Jason just having a fair chance to defend himself against demasking... which would have to include "no indefensible hits towards demasking". But Bugsy's two hit demasking... that is hardly fair either. Even with a fair chance to defend himself... chances are even the best Jason players will still take far more than two hits in most matches.

I am also not really for or against the low hp remask at the shack. But I do see that being used against Jason effectively more than anything else... I know I would be co ordinating a kill like this... with everyone other than Tommy and sweater girl trying to demask him while they wait safely at the shack for Jason's inevitable return... In my opinion... the remasking at the shack thing is just to easy to exploit as the weakness that it actually is. If a specific location was not involved with this... it would be MUCH harder to use it against him.
  Not sure what the devs will do to make the Jason kill harder... but I do hope... whatever they do about it actually works... and does not thrown balance to the winds.

On 3/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, Strigoi said:

If you guys Push the Devs to Buff Jason again or try to get it almost to where you cant Kill Jason then The Game will be Broke and unplayable .

No One wants to play a Game where they just wait to be Killed at a Campground .

Maybe Jason players need To Better their Skills .

Making Counselors defenseless and Helpless equals No Fun.

Fixing The game to where Jason just Kills everyone while they run through the woods is retarded.

Jason just got A Rage Buff And He Doesn't need to be A Over powered Character that Kills Counselors with no Defense.

You are HORRENDOUSLY uninformed and/or the poorest-skilled counselor to ever play this game. Even after the Rage buff, it doesn't take an even remotely competent group much effort to grab the sweater and axe (if they didn't already have one), then have a literal dance party in the shack until Jason shows up. If he has taken even mild amounts of damage before he gets there, a couple of axe/machete strikes or gunshots will easily remove his mask. If his Morph/Shift are down and he has no way of quickly putting distance  between himself and the counselors,  he's probably not getting out of the shack alive.

If anyone wants an easy win handed to them, it's you, not us.

Edit: If it's broke and unplayable, that means you'll be leaving forever and won't return, right? Please tell me I'm right...

• Like 1