How challenging should it be to kill Jason Voorhees?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How challenging should it be to kill Jason Voorhees?

• Easy - This is a game after all.
    • Moderate - There should be an equal likelihood of victory for either side.
    • Hard - Jason's the star of the show, not some punching bag.
    • I don't care - I don't fight Jason.

Tommy is spawning way too early in the game. In Jason Lives, Tommy doesn't kill Jason until all the other counselors, save for Megan, are dead. This should absolutley be mirrored in game play. 

@TheHansonGoons people are trying to kill Jason right off the bat when they should be trying to escape. Having Tommy spawn late in the game or being able to smash the CB radio would make killing Jason more difficult as Tommy is required to do so.

There have been some great suggestions to help make the kill conditions much harder.... I like the ideas of the CB radio being able to be damaged like any other objectives....and Jason being able to put his mask back on to give him back some or half his hit points.

• Like 1

Its Allready a Rare chance to kill Jason .

If Your Good at Playing Jason you can Slash Tommy Jarvis to Death or Kill The Sweater Girl .

Things Shouldn't be Handed to Jason Players .

Maybe Jason players need To Better their Skills.

Jason players Have so many oppertunities in a Match to stop The Jason Kill Set up.

11 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Its Allready a Rare chance to kill Jason .

Dude, I don’t know what game you’ve been playing, but killing Jason isn’t rare. I’m not a Jason hunter, but since the patch I have been involved at least 20 Jason kills. That’s not as a bystander (if you count those times it would be up near 40 kills).That’s me being Tommy or sweater girl. You’re constant posts about them needing to make Jason easier to kill means one of two things. One, you don’t play the game much. Two, you are a troll trying to encite anger on the forums. 

By reading your posts, I believe it’s the first. I don’t think you have played the game enough to realize how easy it is to kill Jason. At least I hope this is the reason for all the misinformed posts. 

• Like 1

I really dont understand the issue with Tommy spawning "too early" or needing to "break the radio". Most of the Jasons that are dying are low-level new players against veterans. Its been nearly 2 years, people have worked on strategies and teamwork. Its called practice and getting it down. I am not seeing solid or amazing Jason players being killed. Maybe close, but they know how to get around tricks. 

It should be hard to kill Jason. However, no matter what you change, people are going to figure it out and streamline it. Only thing I think should happen is Jason's HP requirement to remove mask should go up, and amount of throwing knives should be increased on maps. The latter helps combat people in exploit spots as well as the people using using Medic and having 4 health sprays a piece. It will also help in killing sweater girls or Tommy players from a safer distance or while grouped up. 

Make switching to combat stance easier. Most new players cannot switch between combat stance, block, attack very well. Give them a chance to defend themselves more. Lessen the damage done in block mode so his mask doesn't come off as easy.

In QP its difficult enough getting a functional group of randoms to complete objectives, let alone understand how to pull off the kill.  Though it only takes 2 solid players, they also have to fight RNG selecting who plays Tommy, making sure tommy gets called, make sure the sweater and stun hit dont bug out or glitch, etc. 

There are many strategies to avoid being killed, the problem is newer players dont research tactics or care as much if they are killed. Trap your shack. Dont over use your morphs to make sure you can get back there. If there is a group somewhere, trap around. Smash all neighbor cabin doors and windows so when they try to leave current location, the next location is easily accessible to break up the group. Use traps around houses they hang out at. Gather throwing knives and injure them all to make them use up inventory slots. Take your time and let yourself get to rage mode so you can slash through them. 

• Like 1

If you guys Push the Devs to Buff Jason again or try to get it almost to where you cant Kill Jason then The Game will be Broke and unplayable .

No One wants to play a Game where they just wait to be Killed at a Campground .

Maybe Jason players need To Better their Skills .

Making Counselors defenseless and Helpless equals No Fun.

Fixing The game to where Jason just Kills everyone while they run through the woods is retarded.

Jason just got A Rage Buff And He Doesn't need to be A Over powered Character that Kills Counselors with no Defense.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

If you guys Push the Devs to Buff Jason again or try to get it almost to where you cant Kill Jason then The Game will be Broke and unplayable .

Fixing The game to where Jason just Kills everyone while they run through the woods is retarded.

Jason just got A Rage Buff And He Doesn't need to be A Over powered Character that Kills Counselors with no Defense.

Troll.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@F134Ever86 I understand that and its because they can. Go into matchmatching and see a lot of the levels. When level 150 players (that could be level 500 by now) are playing level 5 players, there is a gigantic skill gap. People go for the kill because its harder and people are bored with just fixing cars. They would rather see Jason killed and try something more challenging.

If its harder to kill Jason, then it will just be phone box beat up groups or whatever. Better than dance parties by the cops. Improving Jason's combat and defense will help Jason actually deal with groups.

Here is what most kill attempts look like in QP:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/thehansongoons/video/70891069

15 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Troll.

Yes, after that post, I believe he has achieved official troll status. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

I agree with you on some of the things you're saying. You shouldn't judge players on their skill... I'm guilty of it too! You remind me of the way i acted in some of my earlier post and this attitude won't get your views taken seriously. Try an respect the thoughts of the rest of the community and they'll take you more seriously and welcome you here as one of their own.They may not always agree with you but they'll certainly be more open to your suggestions/criticisms. They Love Jason! You can't be upset with some of the community for wanting Jason to be all he can/should be in game form. 

I suggest the "Ax" and "Shotgun" being the only ways to remove his mask also increase the amount of hits it takes to knock it off. 

I don't want counselors to be nerfed so, i agree with you on that. I also agree with the side that wants Jason to have a few more buffs but counselors keep all their tools they have since the new patch.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I agree with you on some of the things you're saying. You shouldn't judge players on their skill... I'm guilty of it too! You remind me of my early post and this attitude won't get your views taken seriously. Try an respect the thoughts of the rest of the community and they'll take you more seriously and welcome you here as one of their own.They may not always agree with you but they'll certainly be more open to your suggestions/criticisms. They Love Jason! You can't be upset with some of the community for wanting Jason to be all he can/should be in game form. 

I suggest the "Ax" and "Shotgun" being the only ways to remove his mask also increase the amount of hits it takes to knock it off. 

I don't want counselors to be nerfed so, i agree with you on that. I also agree with the side that wants Jason to have a few more buffs but counselors keep all their tools they have since the new patch.  

Van, I couldn’t have said it any better!

@Strigoi

This community loves the game and Jason we all want the best game possible and keeping Jason Op and challenging is always the goal...

we don’t want to take away gameplay aspects  for counselors we what it to fall in line with the developers design of it being a challenge to escape and kill the our Favorite Camp slasher..... 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Damn, couldn’t have said it any better!

@Strigoi

This community loves the game and Jason we all want the best game possible and keeping Jason Op and challenging is always the goal...

we don’t want to take away gameplay aspects  for counselors we what it to fall in line with the developers design of it being a challenge to escape and kill the our Favorite Camp slasher..... 

Im telling you that the steps that Jason players need To take to stop the kill set up are easier for Jason players .

All Jason players need To do is Kill Tommy Jarvis or the Sweater Girl and if you cant do that as a Jason player them maybe you needto practice .

Counselors Have to do more work to make The Jason Kill Happen.

Counselors Have to Risk Jason killing them while getting the sweater an alarm alerts Jason .

Counselors Have to call Tommy Jarvis .

There has to be enough female characters left in the Game.

The Challenges that Counselors face to be able to kill Jason are Difficult .

Jason has tons of oppertunities to stop the kill set up.

If This Game becomes more difficult for Counselors the game will be Ruined.

I cant belive that The Devs listen to A Bunch Of couch potato stoners on social security that sit around on the Friday the 13th forums all day trying to find ways to make this game stupid where Jason just walks around Killing everyone .

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Strigoi said:

cant belive that The Devs listen to A Bunch Of couch potato stoners on social security that sit around on the Friday the 13th forums all day trying to find ways to make this game stupid where Jason just walks around Killing everyone .

I don’t know if you just lack the ability to socially communicate with others or what but insulting the community is never going to get an opinion or point a view any respect or attention except negative.

No matter how many times You post that the kill has plenty of steps to achieve the fact of the matter is Jason is been killed more now and earlier than he ever was....

And it has Nothing to do with skill.... it’s just too EASY.

...... sorry you feel otherwise but the vast amount of players here who play almost every day will disagree with you, many will say the more challenging for counselors the better the game.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Im telling you that the steps that Jason players need To take to stop the kill set up are easier for Jason players .

All Jason players need To do is Kill Tommy Jarvis or the Sweater Girl and if you cant do that as a Jason player them maybe you needto practice .

Counselors Have to do more work to make The Jason Kill Happen.

Counselors Have to Risk Jason killing them while getting the sweater an alarm alerts Jason .

Counselors Have to call Tommy Jarvis .

There has to be enough female characters left in the Game.

The Challenges that Counselors face to be able to kill Jason are Difficult .

Jason has tons of oppertunities to stop the kill set up.

If This Game becomes more difficult for Counselors the game will be Ruined.

I cant belive that The Devs listen to A Bunch Of couch potato stoners on social security that sit around on the Friday the 13th forums all day trying to find ways to make this game stupid where Jason just walks around Killing everyone .

Yes, just kill the Tommy who can outrun Jason, has med spray sometimes two, and a PK.  Meanwhile you have to find him before he either finds who's going to be sweater girl or anyone else.  

Counselors work?  two people bang on Jason til his mask comes off.  Good luck stopping it once you get knocked down once.  

Alarm Jason?  Grab the mask and go in or wait til Tommy is there and have Tommy and the person getting the sweater go in together.  Good luck not dying right when you step into the shack. 

Calling Tommy?  Half the time someone spawns right at the Tommy house.  So as Jason you need to see the tower in the opening cutscene to know exactly where to morph and then you have to hope that morph square is close enough to the box to break it before the counselor makes the call. 

Just need one strong female counselor player. 

In an optimal game, you can have Jason dead in 3 minutes.  In a non-optimal game, you can have him dead in 7.  

Everything about killing Jason is easy to control as a counselor. Which player to come back as Tommy is easy to control as a counselor.  Hell, you don't even need Jason to kill you to come back as Tommy.  Demask Jason with a buddy.  Find two traps, you set a trap, your buddy sets a trap, you walk into the one he sets, you walk into the one he sets.  Reset the traps, do the same thing.  Congrats, you're both dead.  And congrats, one of you is coming back as Tommy if no one else has been killed yet. 

• Like 1

Im sorry for the insults but everytime that ive visited this Forum people have been complaining that Jason is Weak.

In Fact years ago i visited this Forum and i wasnt a member yet but i remember back then years ago people whining and Complaining that Jason is Weak .

When will you guys Be Satisfied.

I Know the awnser when the threat of Jason being Killed is Gone or too Difficult to Do.

I Know this because some of you have told me flat out on Facebook Friday the 13th group that we are from the forums and we are going to keep pushing the Devs untill you cant kill Jason .

Others have told me that they feel like this Is Jason's game and that Jason Shouldn't be able to be killed period.

Jason needs a massive HP buff or weapons need to do less damage.  Doubling his HP won't do any good.  

There needs to be even less machetes, shotguns and axes on the map since those weapons all do the most damage. 

Jason needs a way to potentially pick his mask back up to restore his HP. 

I shouldn't be able to play as Buggzy, have an epic Thrasher perk, and demask Jason in one hit 30 seconds into the match, then allow Jason to kill me so I have the best chance at coming back as Tommy. 

3 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Jason needs a massive HP buff or weapons need to do less damage.  Doubling his HP won't do any good.  

There needs to be even less machetes, shotguns and axes on the map since those weapons all do the most damage. 

Jason needs a way to potentially pick his mask back up to restore his HP. 

I shouldn't be able to play as Buggzy, have an epic Thrasher perk, and demask Jason in one hit 30 seconds into the match, then allow Jason to kill me so I have the best chance at coming back as Tommy. 

Ther Is Like 3 axes available in the camp and one in the shack.

If anything else is taken away from counselors than this game will be Ruined.

28 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Ther Is Like 3 axes available in the camp and one in the shack.

If anything else is taken away from counselors than this game will be Ruined.

Increase the amount of hits it takes to remove Jason's mask and nothing is removed on the counselor side... I feel that's a reasonable compromise.

For years people have been complaining on this Forum that Jason is Weak .

When will you all be Satisfied .

Jason's main problem is the grab is now HORRID.  He lunges like a slow old woman now.   So while they gave him a boost with the rage they could have put his grab back to the way it was a few patches back.  That would have helped Jason out a bit. 

• Like 1

You've said the same thing before! We get it... You don't like the changes!  I highly doubt their going to revert back to the way it was. If you come here with a better attitude and less insults in the future then you might get the attention you're seeking. Talking down to people is uncalled for and will only lead to you being ignored or frowned on when people read your post. There's good people on this forum so have some respect and manners. Remember this is just a game there's no need for petty insults. 

• Like 1