Sign in to follow this  
Strigoi

Killing Jason was Never Meant To Be Difficult .

It’s easier to kill Jason than it is to escape. Which completely contradicts what GUN said before release. After seeing someone figure it out before the game was even released, and seeing him killed 9/10 games, I’d rather have the ability to kill Jason completely removed. 

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Eight times in a night... but there are many nights I do not keep track... so this number could easily be higher... And if I actively tried to do it... it could be MUCH higher than that. But many nights I do not see it happen at all... because I am playing with friends... and non of them bother trying to kill Jason at all.

The majority of us have come to the consensus that with the frequency of Jason kills, it needs to be harder. I'm waiting for someone to acknowledge seeing happen in excess of one hundred times in the same day.

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

But... did they attempt to kill Jason in each match?

My point with the question above was simply this... Matches in which no attempt to kill Jason cannot be included here to give you an accurate ratio of games in which it is happening for a difficulty, or rarity ratio... Literally for it to be a true 1 in 75 games rarity ratio... ALL 75 matches had to include an attempt, and the kill was achieved only once. Otherwise, the people coming up with these numbers will be made a fool of by the first Jason hunter to come along and get even 4 Jason kills out of say... 10 tries... or even out of 4 or 5 tries for that matter.

The matches in which no attempt was made would simply skew the numbers. Just using "the sweater being picked up" cannot even be called a game in which and attempt was made... many players grab the sweater just to get a stun from it for the achievement and couldn't care less about trying to kill Jason. But in some matches... players will try to kill him, but never get as far as even grabbing the sweater, because sometimes, shit happens... So how do we chose the what the factors are to judge which matches included an actual attempt on Jason's life?

To get a ratio that is even close to accurate... some players have to sit down and play 75 matches and honestly try to kill Jason in every match... and let us know how many times they achieved it within the 75 matches.
    The numbers here are easy to skew as well... by taking an extremely skilled Jason player and having him play Jason in each of these matches... against players that are new to the game... and there would be many other ways to skew the numbers.
     Random players are needed for all roles... but an attempt must be made on Jason's life in each match.
     And still..... another experiment like this will produce a different ratio than the first experiment did... so it would still give a better idea just using the average between four or more such experiments... we could not go by just one group's numbers.

If the devs just gave us a total number of games played in a day and the total number of Jason kills in that day... it is an inaccurate number for the purpose of rarity or difficulty.... When one Jason hunter can get 8 or even 9 kills in 10 matches... and others do not even try to kill Jason... the numbers can be heavily swung in either direction when considering how many games there were with no attempt.
   Myself as an example... I do not even try for the Jason kill... unless someone really wants to do it and asks nicely... and with the added requirement that this person is not being an asshole to the Jason player... so it is pretty damned rare for me to do it... somewhere probably around 1 in 200 matches... But then, I only tried once in these 200 matches, which would make it a ratio of 1 Jason kill for 1 match.
   Other people on these forums claim to kill Jason upwards of twenty times per night... Given that these matches probably last for around ten minutes each... that is almost two hours of playing time, plus waiting time between matches... which can also add up... So really, how many more games did they play and not kill Jason?... probably not too many... even if they played another ten matches on top of this and failed in each attempt, that would still make their ratio 20 Jason kills for 30 matches.
   And people wonder why this game is hard to balance properly.

I have to agree here... "Running Away" is not something Jason ever did... nor does it seem like something he should EVER have to do.

Eight times in a night... but there are many nights I do not keep track... so this number could easily be higher... And if I actively tried to do it... it could be MUCH higher than that. But many nights I do not see it happen at all... because I am playing with friends... and non of them bother trying to kill Jason at all.

Do not need to show you the algorithm... it is observable in game.
   Without Jason taking damage... Bugsy, with the proper perks can demask him in two or three hits...

That is the exact same amount since the beginning. A player with high combat skill rankings and perks has been able to do this since the beginning. Las year Adam could take Jason's mask off by standing behind a locked door and hitting through it 3 times. I can recall a match as Part 2 Jason on Packanack. Adam started with an ace, ran up to first cabin. Locked it. Hit me through the door as I was knocking it down. Hit me once in between. Next cabin, locks door, hit me through the locked door and mask off.

This is nothing new with new Rage mode. Again, show me the algorithm of how stun damage is converted to hp damag3 and it isnt the exact same amount of damage it was doing before Rage.

I am not disagreeing at the ease one can take off the mask if trying, that it obvious. Notice you cut out how I have suggested increasing HP in this thread and others. I am saying it was this easy before as well. 

Edit: sorry Ahab. I tried to cut out the quote that was a response to me. Apparently when sending it put it all back in. 

14 hours ago, Fair Play said:

The majority of us have come to the consensus that with the frequency of Jason kills, it needs to be harder. I'm waiting for someone to acknowledge seeing happen in excess of one hundred times in the same day.

That would take at least 101 games in one day... Now that... would be some true dedication!... I play a ridiculous amount of hours almost every time I sit down to play this game and I do not think I have come even close to that many games in a day.

8 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

This is nothing new with new Rage mode. Again, show me the algorithm of how stun damage is converted to hp damag3 and it isnt the exact same amount of damage it was doing before Rage.

I was not trying to say it is not the same as it was before rage... or before this update for that matter. The difference is in whether a hit stunned him or not... the stunning hit does less damage. It is observable in the game... all you have to do is count the number of hits taken by a particular weapon until you are demasked and compare it to another attempt that included stuns (or more stuns) with the same weapon (and zero damage from any other sources). But using a counselor that takes more than two or three hits to do it will make it plainer to see... but the damage must ALL come from the same type of weapon or the results will be skewed.

Showing an algorithm will not help anyone that does not understand coding in the first place... And it would require both an understanding of coding... and an incredible amount of time to find that specific line of code in the first place. While you may actually be able to understand the line of code, many would not...
   Also, there may not even be a line of coding that accounts for this... it could be coming from a conflict between two or more lines of code that are related to combat, or even unrelated lines of code for that matter... and with the number of bugs and glitches still floating around, this is just as plausible as it actually being intentional. 

But this is testable in game as I described in the previous post... but you have to do it yourself so you do not have to take someone else's word for it. If you cannot do that much, then you should not be asking someone to search through millions of lines of code to find one line to prove this to you (this could literally take months or even years to accomplish). It would take you less than twenty minutes with one friend to test this in a private match... maybe a bit longer, but not much longer than that. I would volunteer to help you test this, but I know you are on a different platform than I am.
   Apologies for the bluntness... I have nothing but respect for you and your contributions here... But as I said, this is observable in game... and from what I can tell, this was always in the game too... but few people noticed it and even fewer bothered to test it properly.

Also... I would love to be wrong about this... damage should be straight up across the board on a successful strike with a particular weapon... or even the other way around... It would make more sense that a hit that stunned him should do more damage than one that did not stun him... A strike that would stun... anyone for that matter... would probably hurt a lot more than a strike that did not "stun" them.

9 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

sorry Ahab. I tried to cut out the quote that was a response to me. Apparently when sending it put it all back in. 

Not a problem... Funny how the forums have bugs too... but at least there are not as many as in the game.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 3:12 PM, Strigoi said:

Killing Jason was Never Meant To Be difficult .

If it was supposed to be Harder to kill Jason then why did The Devs Create tThe Cabin,sweater killing mechanics in the game.

Its all ready balanced enough you have a small chance with one counselor Tommy Jarvis  and one chance with the sweater.

Changing it to make it harder would mean adding new content or removing the game design mechanics that the game was originally designed with like the sweater and mask removal.

It takes alot to kill Jason ,Jason's Mask must be removed, The sweater Girl has to stay alive,Tommy Jarvis must be called and stay alive .

The Game was originally designed to be able to kill Jason .

I respectfully disagree. Jason is supposed to be a supernatural, homicidal, and persistent psycho killer from which there is little to no chance of escape. If you see him face to face 99.999% chance you are toast. This should be in the game as it is in the movies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

That would take at least 101 games in one day... Now that... would be some true dedication!... I play a ridiculous amount of hours almost every time I sit down to play this game and I do not think I have come even close to that many games in a day.

I was not trying to say it is not the same as it was before rage... or before this update for that matter. The difference is in whether a hit stunned him or not... the stunning hit does less damage. It is observable in the game... all you have to do is count the number of hits taken by a particular weapon until you are demasked and compare it to another attempt that included stuns (or more stuns) with the same weapon (and zero damage from any other sources). But using a counselor that takes more than two or three hits to do it will make it plainer to see... but the damage must ALL come from the same type of weapon or the results will be skewed.

Showing an algorithm will not help anyone that does not understand coding in the first place... And it would require both an understanding of coding... and an incredible amount of time to find that specific line of code in the first place. While you may actually be able to understand the line of code, many would not...
   Also, there may not even be a line of coding that accounts for this... it could be coming from a conflict between two or more lines of code that are related to combat, or even unrelated lines of code for that matter... and with the number of bugs and glitches still floating around, this is just as plausible as it actually being intentional. 

But this is testable in game as I described in the previous post... but you have to do it yourself so you do not have to take someone else's word for it. If you cannot do that much, then you should not be asking someone to search through millions of lines of code to find one line to prove this to you (this could literally take months or even years to accomplish). It would take you less than twenty minutes with one friend to test this in a private match... maybe a bit longer, but not much longer than that. I would volunteer to help you test this, but I know you are on a different platform than I am.
   Apologies for the bluntness... I have nothing but respect for you and your contributions here... But as I said, this is observable in game... and from what I can tell, this was always in the game too... but few people noticed it and even fewer bothered to test it properly.

Also... I would love to be wrong about this... damage should be straight up across the board on a successful strike with a particular weapon... or even the other way around... It would make more sense that a hit that stunned him should do more damage than one that did not stun him... A strike that would stun... anyone for that matter... would probably hurt a lot more than a strike that did not "stun" them.

Not a problem... Funny how the forums have bugs too... but at least there are not as many as in the game.

Not a problem sir. The algorithm aspect is more for the individual that insists its easier now and the stun is converted to damage. When I first read your response I thought you were also on that train, and its an illogical thought to me. I refuse to accept that is all homie. So I will say sorry that if I came off strong or arrogant or anything. And not being weird, but I respect you and everything you have done here too. You're a solid dude in my book.

You are totally correct about how it can be done in 2-3 hits. I was trying to illustrate how it has been that way, really since the beginning. 

I think people forget that almost 2 years of this game in its just easier for everyone because we know how to bait Jason into making wrong moves or exposing him for hits in groups.

We have all provided a lot of cool ideas for balancing and making Jason more intimidating. Its up to the devs now to see what they like and can use. Hopefully the next patch takes it back to something close to how it was in the beginning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

I get the vibe that there are players that would be that committed. I'm just waiting for the confirmation eventually.

@TheHansonGoons I should try and get a friend to help test this out again... just to reconfirm numbers. I have a friend that wants someone to help him grind out a PHD in murder achievement... a favor for a favor perhaps? I can ask... but I doubt anything will happen overnight.

17 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I get the vibe that there are players that would be that committed. I'm just waiting for the confirmation eventually.

I always had the feeling there are some players in this game's community that need to be committed... They could trade their gloom for a rubber room and injections twice a day... 
   I just had to say that.

I would bet there is someone out there that has played for twenty four hours straight... I may have even come close to that once or twice... I do not sleep much, at all... But I never really keep count on how many matches I play in a night... or in a day... or in a day & a night.... Well... you know what I mean.

Did you know that Jason has the ability to make it exceedingly difficult for counselors to kill him?

Step 1.) Familiarize yourself with the maps and their various iterations; the spawn locations of the cabin with the CB used to call Tommy Specifically. 

Step 2.) Jason's first tactic should be finding the power box which supplies power to the aforementioned cabin and shutting it down and trapping it. 

Step 3.) SITUATIONAL AWARENESS! Did the trap spring? Listen for they telltale noise -- it's quiet if a counselor uses a PK to disable it but it does make a noise. Check your map frequently to see if the trap has been sprung, the icon changes when it has. If you're quick you can often re-hit the box before Tommy can be called

-- optional--

- trap the entrance to your shack

- kill the women first

- hide like a pathetic coward, totally inconsistent with how Jason actually behaves. 

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

I always had the feeling there are some players in this game's community that need to be committed... They could trade their gloom for a rubber room and injections twice a day... I see your point on that one.
   I just had to say that. I wouldn't expect anything less from you Grand Admiral.

I would bet there is someone out there that has played for twenty four hours straight... I may have even come close to that once or twice... I do not sleep much, at all... But I never really keep count on how many matches I play in a night... or in a day... or in a day & a night.... Well... you know what I mean. I wouldn't doubt it. There are those who love some games and will go to great lengths to enjoy them. I respect the dedication.

@Drop.Dead.Cynical, that's a good list of suggestions. I'd change the last one from "hide like a pathetic coward" to "lurk in the distance, waiting to catch a counselor off guard".

I think a lot of Jason's don't even bother knocking out the power. They just trap the phone and cars.

5 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I think a lot of Jason's don't even bother knocking out the power. They just trap the phone and cars.

I don’t but than again I’m not really concerned if Tommy shows up.

• Like 1

I played last night and a few things happened that was really weird. First... I was hit by a machete through the door my mask comes off (one hit)

then i get baited by the last three counselors with flash lights i get up there where they are... grab Jarvis knife to the neck... Tiffany in plain sight wearing her normal clothes before i knew it i'm on my kness getting killed while they danced. 

Do you guys think this a bug? I was looking at Tiffany when i grabbed Jarvis no sweater was visible. 

I also thought getting stunned through the door while breaking it down was removed? I don't know if i was playing with a group that was using cheats or this is just a bug.  I know it was definitely the weirdest match i've ever played.   No warning from Pamela because they had my mask the sweater was invisible. I guess there's a very rare chance of this happening again unless a group figured out another way to ruin the experience.

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

@TheHansonGoons I should try and get a friend to help test this out again... just to reconfirm numbers. I have a friend that wants someone to help him grind out a PHD in murder achievement... a favor for a favor perhaps? I can ask... but I doubt anything will happen overnight.

I always had the feeling there are some players in this game's community that need to be committed... They could trade their gloom for a rubber room and injections twice a day... 
   I just had to say that.

I would bet there is someone out there that has played for twenty four hours straight... I may have even come close to that once or twice... I do not sleep much, at all... But I never really keep count on how many matches I play in a night... or in a day... or in a day & a night.... Well... you know what I mean.

What platform are you two playing on?

And I used to request every Friday the 13th off to marathon the movies on my laptop and play from wake up to pass out. I definitely have some 13 hour sessions in. Should I be ashamed?? 

3 hours ago, Drop.Dead.Cynical said:

@Fair Play well yeah, that last one was a tongue-in-cheek jab at the players who hide from the counselors once being killed is a possibility. 

Divide and conquer is the name of the game. 

That we agree on.

5 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I played last night and a few things happened that was really weird. First... I was hit by a machete through the door my mask comes off (one hit)

then i get baited by the last three counselors with flash lights i get up there where they are... grab Jarvis knife to the neck... Tiffany in plain sight wearing her normal clothes before i knew it i'm on my kness getting killed while they danced. 

Do you guys think this a bug? I was looking at Tiffany when i grabbed Jarvis no sweater was visible. 

I also thought getting stunned through the door while breaking it down was removed? I don't know if i was playing with a group that was using cheats or this is just a bug.  I know it was definitely the weirdest match i've ever played.   No warning from Pamela because they had my mask the sweater was invisible. I guess there's a very rare chance of this happening again unless a group figured out another way to ruin the experience.

Haven’t seen this before.... definitely odd.

terrible that the mask came off in one hit that is ridiculous....and getting stunned from behind a door was supposed to be patched out...

were all the female counselors dead except Tiffany? 

Could another player have had the sweater and hit the stun with out you seeing them?

I definitely hope this is just a glitchy match and not something that is replicated.

• Like 1

I despise Jason kills squads. They ruin the spirit of the game, to escape from him, not hunt him down like angry villagers with torches and pitchforks. I refuse to play as Jason until they make it much harder to kill him and as a counselor, I refuse to take part in the killing of Jason.

3 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I despise Jason kills squads. They ruin the spirit of the game, to escape from him, not hunt him down like angry villagers with torches and pitchforks. I refuse to play as Jason until they make it much harder to kill him and as a counselor, I refuse to take part in the killing of Jason.

What about "Jason Goes to Hell" and "Jason X"?

I do agree that making Jason harder to kill will make it more fulfilling when you do kill him going forward from that point.

Too bad we couldn't have had pitchforks and torches like we did in the NES F13 game.

19 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

What about "Jason Goes to Hell" and "Jason X"?

I do agree that making Jason harder to kill will make it more fulfilling when you do kill him going forward from that point.

Too bad we couldn't have had pitchforks and torches like we did in the NES F13 game.

Those 2 shouldn't count and should be stricken from canon.

1 minute ago, Vaderspupil said:

Those 2 shouldn't count and should be stricken from canon.

How do you feel about the reboot or FvJ?

4 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Hard pass

16 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I Haven’t seen this before.... definitely odd.

terrible that the mask came off in one hit that is ridiculous....and getting stunned from behind a door was supposed to be patched out...

were all the female counselors dead except Tiffany? 

I definitely hope this is just a glitchy match and not something that is replicated.

I haven't either.  

I agree. I basically said the same thing answering Slasher_Clone.

Tiffany was the last female counselor alive. The other counselor was Chad. I killed (5) they were the last (3) counselors remaining.  Tiffany was wearing her normal attire, no sweater was visible. 

Well said! That's the reason i posted about this to give the community a friendly warning to watch out for this.

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:54 PM, Drop.Dead.Cynical said:

Did you know that Jason has the ability to make it exceedingly difficult for counselors to kill him?

Did you know its ridiculously easy to get Jason's mask off?... Did you know it is also ridiculously easy to kill Jason once his mask is off?

Familiarize yourself with the maps and their various iterations; the spawn locations of the cabin with the CB used to call Tommy Specifically. 

A good suggestion for any player... not just Jason players.

Jason's first tactic should be finding the power box which supplies power to the aforementioned cabin and shutting it down and trapping it. 

Playing every match as if Jason hunters are going to kill you will leave you with 1 kill... if you are lucky... as the counselors will perform a mass exodus while you "camp" the power box... if you are even camping the correct power box in the first place... and the moment you leave the power box... Tommy gets called anyway... that is... if he was not already called by someone with "situational awareness" (and the ability to look up to see the tower) already that is.
   Also... You tactics here involve traps... which leaves the -Trap variants in kind of a bind, doesn't it.
   Using the traps like you suggest is all fine and dandy if you are playing Part 2... but even then... 2 counselors with medic and thick skin can EASILY tank all of your traps if they chose to... Leaving this strategy as useless... and will lead to a total loss of objective control and the cops being called in 3 minutes.... Mass Exodus to the cops in 8 minutes or under. With my dad's a cop perk... this can be significantly reduced as well.

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS! Did the trap spring? Listen for they telltale noise -- it's quiet if a counselor uses a PK to disable it but it does make a noise. Check your map frequently to see if the trap has been sprung, the icon changes when it has. If you're quick you can often re-hit the box before Tommy can be called

Once again, good advice... Situational awareness helps both sides of play...
   But once again... your entire plan here involves traps... that are all being used away from objectives...
   Mass Exodus... is any of this worth not getting any kills because you are too worried about the power box for the C.B. that may have already been called anyway?... or trapping the shack... which can EASILY be worked around anyway?

kill the women first

Selectively killing a certain type of counselor first... and leaving others to do as they will... is another good strategy to help counselors get both cars moving at the same time right after calling the cops.... Mass Exodus... not worth it.

hide like a pathetic coward, totally inconsistent with how Jason actually behaves. 

I completely agree... running and hiding is not something Jason has ever been known for... and it is completely against his method of operation.

My friends and I do not bother with the Jason kill... and players that use your tactics against us... or any other group that shifts from the kill strategy to escaping... will embarrass themselves with 0 of 8 kills... and we will get Tommy called anyway if we really want to... But I feel bad when I see a Jason have zero kills and will offer myself up so they can at least have 1 kill... as long as I was not asked to drive one of the cars.
   Even playing by myself in quick play with a bunch of randoms I have seen the strategies you suggest fail miserably... to both mass exoduses... and to Tommy being called before the power box was even trapped... One player even poked around the power box a bit to feign interest and keep Jason camping his beloved objective while every other objectives were flawlessly and quickly completed... by a bunch of random players.
   But... if I was one of those people that wanted the Jason kill to continue to be ridiculously easy... I would make these very suggestions.

21 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

What platform are you two playing on?

And I used to request every Friday the 13th off to marathon the movies on my laptop and play from wake up to pass out. I definitely have some 13 hour sessions in. Should I be ashamed?? 

I am on PC.

I have been known to marathon Friday the 13th movies on Friday the 13th... But even if you take the day off of work... it is still hard to get through all of them in one day. There is always something else that needs to be done in there somewhere.
   And I also watch movies on the TV right beside my monitor when I play this or any other video game... and I can pay attention to both at the same time rather well.
   No one is getting hurt... and you are doing something you like doing... so, nothing to be ashamed of at all...

I will also sit outside with my laptop when it is warm and watch movies... with a cooler full of beer beside my chair... after dark of course... hard to see the screen in the sunlight... When the moon is full... I will watch a good werewolf movie... but there are so few good werewolf movies, which is a shame.
  Unfortunately... bringing my computer outside to play games in the summer does not work well... bad wi fi signal around my house... even with an extension on the wi fi it does not really get any better outside... and the lag would make the game unplayable.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

They are rebooting Freddy vs Jason?.... Why has no one told me?... How is it possible I have not yet heard of this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/9/2019 at 4:12 PM, Strigoi said:

It takes alot to kill Jason ,Jason's Mask must be removed, The sweater Girl has to stay alive,Tommy Jarvis must be called and stay alive .

This is not hard to do and can be accomplished in the first 2 mins

• Like 1