Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Strigoi

Killing Jason was Never Meant To Be Difficult .

Recommended Posts

Killing Jason was Never Meant To Be difficult .

If it was supposed to be Harder to kill Jason then why did The Devs Create tThe Cabin,sweater killing mechanics in the game.

Its all ready balanced enough you have a small chance with one counselor Tommy Jarvis  and one chance with the sweater.

Changing it to make it harder would mean adding new content or removing the game design mechanics that the game was originally designed with like the sweater and mask removal.

It takes alot to kill Jason ,Jason's Mask must be removed, The sweater Girl has to stay alive,Tommy Jarvis must be called and stay alive .

The Game was originally designed to be able to kill Jason .

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Killing Jason was Never Meant To Be difficult .

 

Not according to Gun's commentary before the release.

3 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

 

If it was supposed to be Harder to kill Jason then why did The Devs Create tThe Cabin,sweater killing mechanics in the game.

 

Because while the intent was that it would be difficult, the idea that you could kill Jason was intended.

4 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

 

Its all ready balanced enough you have a small chance with one counselor Tommy Jarvis  and one chance with the sweater.

Changing it to make it harder would mean adding new content or removing the game design mechanics that the game was originally designed with like the sweater and mask removal.

 

Ok...

Who said anything about changing it? Though if Jason getting damage immunity while stunned or more HP is your reason to whine, that's on you. Jason shouldn't be taking damage during stuns.

6 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

 

It takes alot to kill Jason ,Jason's Mask must be removed, The sweater Girl has to stay alive,Tommy Jarvis must be called and stay alive .

 

Meh. Not if a group of coordinated people know what they are doing and the Jason isn't top tier. Knock the mask off, have sweater girl stun, have TJ knock Jason down from behind and tap A. Not too much to do there.

7 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

 

The Game was originally designed to be able to kill Jason .

Correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Devs stated that it was supposed to b e difficult to kill Jason.

It's not difficult at all.  It can be done every match against any Jason used by any player.

Get a Buggsy with Trasher an axe, watch him hit Jason once or twice with said axe, watch mask fall off.  Have said Buggsy just allow Jason to kill him.  Get another person to go through a broken window a few times, go tank a trap off the car/phone and die.  Watch Tommy arrive back on the scene.  Have Tommy find whomever you're gonna use as the sweater girl and just saunter to the shack.  

Game over.

You can do this every match except when the kill sequence glitches, because it does, or you have a Jason who just hides out in the water the entire time once the sweater and Tommy are in play. 

Oh, in addition, this all can be done and you can have Jason killed in 5 minutes..every time. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Killing Jason was Never Meant To Be difficult .

If it was supposed to be Harder to kill Jason then why did The Devs Create tThe Cabin,sweater killing mechanics in the game.

Its all ready balanced enough you have a small chance with one counselor Tommy Jarvis  and one chance with the sweater.

Changing it to make it harder would mean adding new content or removing the game design mechanics that the game was originally designed with like the sweater and mask removal.

It takes alot to kill Jason ,Jason's Mask must be removed, The sweater Girl has to stay alive,Tommy Jarvis must be called and stay alive .

The Game was originally designed to be able to kill Jason .

Is this a joke topic? Please tell me this is a joke topic. Nobody can be this oblivious... right?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SirMang said:

The Devs stated that it was supposed to b e difficult to kill Jason.

It's not difficult at all.  It can be done every match against any Jason used by any player.

Get a Buggsy with Trasher an axe, watch him hit Jason once or twice with said axe, watch mask fall off.  Have said Buggsy just allow Jason to kill him.  Get another person to go through a broken window a few times, go tank a trap off the car/phone and die.  Watch Tommy arrive back on the scene.  Have Tommy find whomever you're gonna use as the sweater girl and just saunter to the shack.  

Game over.

You can do this every match except when the kill sequence glitches, because it does, or you have a Jason who just hides out in the water the entire time once the sweater and Tommy are in play. 

Oh, in addition, this all can be done and you can have Jason killed in 5 minutes..every time. 

Please add link or Quote from The Devs saying that its supposed to be harder to kill Jason .

Its All Ready Hard Enough.

The Game gives you one rare chance to kill Jason with the sweater Girl and Tommy Jarvis .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tumblr_oszit7PbOO1qahndoo1_r1_500.gif

That must be why they've said it was so difficult that it only happened 1 in 75 matches in their playtesting.

I bet the ratio is NOWHERE CLOSE to that low now. Notice how they've absolutely avoided any and all talk about killing Jason since those numbers around launch?

Its because they know its nowhere near that now and they likely have the stats to prove it, but they release them because it will make them look bad.

Rather than making it more difficult to kill him. They only addressed how weak he is in rage.

Its like they address something else entirely.

This would be like the community asking them to change negative shift and instead they give stalk more minutes per use.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Strigoi,

the topic of Jason being easy to kill has come up several times in other threads why create another thread to rehash a topic being discussed elsewhere?

And the Developers themselves disagree with you and your topic saying Jason should Be killed once every 64- 70 matches ......so ......this is definitely not the case and needs to be looked at, he is killed almost every 5 or 6 matches.

It should be made harder...... whether its with a health boost or making the kill a weapon specific for each Jason, or requiring the sweater girl to be in direct view of Jason..... I am not sure what the best course of action is but I welcome anything the developers want to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Gun didn't even gives us a hint on how to do it in the beginning. They let players figure it out on their own. I don't believe it was ever meant to be easy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Strigoi,

the topic of Jason being easy to kill has come up several times in other threads why create another thread to rehash a topic being discussed elsewhere?

And the Developers themselves disagree with you and your topic saying Jason should Be killed once every 64- 70 matches ......so ......this is definitely not the case and needs to be looked at, he is killed almost every 5 or 6 matches.

It should be made harder...... whether its with a health boost or making the kill a weapon specific for each Jason, or requiring the sweater girl to be in direct view of Jason..... I am not sure what the best course of action is but I welcome anything the developers want to try.

When i play as Jason i never get killed.

When i play as a counselor People rarely kill Jason .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

When i play as Jason i never get killed.

When i play as a counselor People rarely kill Jason .

How long have you been playing the game? If it’s true that you haven’t been killed as Jason, don’t worry, it’s going to happen.

Either you haven’t been playing long, or you have been up against a lot of very low skilled competitors. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

When i play as Jason i never get killed.

When i play as a counselor People rarely kill Jason .

What is your “Rarely” ratio? 

You see Jason die one out of how many matches?

if it’s anywhere near what I stated it doesn’t matter if you are not the Jason that is being killed.... the fact is he is being killed more frequently and sooner in most matches since the patch it’s too easy now .... and was before the patch as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, Strigoi said:

When i play as Jason i never get killed.

When i play as a counselor People rarely kill Jason .

Meanwhile when I play, I see Jason dying 6 out of 10 rounds with the group I play with.  

Including me as Jason.

It happens, it happens frequently and it's way too easy to do. 

 

 

9 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

What is your “Rarely” ratio? 

You see Jason die one out of how many matches?

if it anywhere near what I stated it doesn’t matter if you are not the Jason that is being killed.... the fact is he is being killed more frequently and sooner in most matches since the patch it’s too easy now .... and was before that patch as well.

The only difference I see in killing Jason since the patch is how fast he gets killed now.

We kill Jason's in the first five minutes of a match now, since we adapted to the rage immunity and can't bring Jason to his knees during rage bug that happened the first week of the patch, prior to the patch we killed Jason just as much but didn't go out with urgency to do it as fast as possible.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SirMang said:

The only difference I see in killing Jason since the patch is how fast he gets killed now.

We kill Jason's in the first five minutes of a match now, since we adapted to the rage immunity and can't bring Jason to his knees during rage bug that happened the first week of the patch, prior to the patch we killed Jason just as much but didn't go out with urgency to do it as fast as possible.  

 

I agree.

I have also noticed the earlier kills and more aggressive kill squads in the beginning of the matches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh for the love of... It was clearly meant to be difficult because of the convoluted steps needed to kill Jason. Unfortunately for the dev's intentions it proved fairly easy once people knew how.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel some players are meeting the counselors head-on and that is the wrong move... Especially when a group is trying to kill you and your mask is off.

Tips: Keep a quick kill handy a throat slit with J-4's weapon or J-8's Head punch. Hide behind a cabin watch their moves using sense, then use stalk, watch for the counselor furthest away from the pack shift in grab, quick kill, morph away, repeat, until you've thin the herd. Trying to slice and dice is the wrong approach slow and methodical is how you should play and see if your results change.  Hopefully this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Strigoi said:

The Game was originally designed to be able to kill Jason .

People are killing Jason as intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I feel some players are meeting the counselors head-on and that is the wrong move... Especially when a group is trying to kill you and your mask is off.

Do you realize how stupid it is that Jason can't fight counselors head on? Killing Jason is piss-easy, and it is not supposed to be, so say the devs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Do you realize how stupid it is that Jason can't fight counselors head on? Killing Jason is piss-easy, and it is not supposed to be, so say the devs.

I offered some tips to help players that's having trouble.  Jason shouldn't meet every counselor head on when they have intentions to kill him. 

Keep buffing him and if nothing is done about his mask coming off easily watch the J-kills go through the roof. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Big Daddy J

There is definitely nothing wrong with using a little strategy when dealing with coordinated kill squads....especially with Jason as easily killed as he is now....I do agree that something needs to be done with making the kill harder to accomplish.

good tips @Vanessaismymain

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is just bass ackward. It's the counselors who shouldn't be taking Jason head on when he has the intention of killing them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Big Daddy J

There is definitely nothing wrong with using a little strategy when dealing with coordinated kill squads....especially with Jason as easily killed as he is now....I do agree that something needs to be done with making the kill harder to accomplish.

good tips @Vanessaismymain

Thanks bud 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is indeed too easy to kill Jason...and it shouldn't be. I've always said more steps need to be added to the Jason kill process, though I'm not sure exactly what those steps would be, to be honest. Of course, the likelihood of that happening is practically non existent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

It is indeed too easy to kill Jason...and it shouldn't be. I've always said more steps need to be added to the Jason kill process, though I'm not sure exactly what those steps would be, to be honest. Of course, the likelihood of that happening is practically non existent.

If it would entail new content, I'd agree with you that it's less likely to happen. Now if it can be implemented within the scope of existing content, that's an entirely different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...