Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello all, I know this has been discussed in the past but if you all could take the time to watch this video I’d appreciate it. This is a perfect example on why tommy should be allowed to stun! So, there has been discussion in the past about it and some people agree with it while others don’t agree with it. My defense is the people who play as tommy and actually act as a hero are very limited in resources when trying to save the other counselors. In this video, I do everything in my power to save these two deborahs trying to make it to the cops. There was absolutely nothing I could do. How is this considered a hero? Tommy is a special character in the game so he should have a special ability to stun Jason. And all I ask is let’s keep the arguments civil and respectful. Let me know your thoughts on this. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I appreciate your concern over not being able to stun Jason while in Rage and trying your hardest to save other counselors, I don't think this should be exclusive to Tommy. A better approach would be if Counselors with a Strength of 8 or higher are the only ones that can stun Jason while he's in Rage (i.e Adam, Tommy and Brandon).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dunken said:

While I appreciate your concern over not being able to stun Jason while in Rage and trying your hardest to save other counselors, I don't think this should be exclusive to Tommy. A better approach would be if Counselors with a Strength of 8 or higher are the only ones that can stun Jason while he's in Rage (i.e Adam, Tommy and Brandon).

Good point you made. I mean that’d would make the strength stat a lot more useful. Still not sure if I like it or not though.... I like it being exclusive to tommy purely because he is supposed to be the hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While indeed he is the Hero of the show, he's still human just like any of the other Counselors. But I think by adding this, it would make Brandon and Adam a little more useful since Male Counselors don't have the ability to pick up Pamela's Sweater. This, if anything, will be an extra for Tommy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind Jarvis being able to stun Jason during rage. I think the chances should be very slim for actually knocking him down but Jarvis should have a few ways to slow down and distract Jason.  The Jarvis in the video deserves a 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dunken said:

While indeed he is the Hero of the show, he's still human just like any of the other Counselors. But I think by adding this, it would make Brandon and Adam a little more useful since Male Counselors don't have the ability to pick up Pamela's Sweater. This, if anything, will be an extra for Tommy :)

And for the girls. The guys protecting the ladies. Just like gentleman lol 

Just now, Vanessaismymain said:

I don't mind Jarvis being able to stun Jason during rage. I think the chances should be very slim for actually knocking him down but Jarvis should have a few ways to slow down and distract Jason.  The Jarvis in the video deserves a 👍

Thanks for the kind words. Just over here trying to play hero 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DontZzz34 said:

And for the girls. The guys protecting the ladies. Just like gentleman lol 

Thanks for the kind words. Just over here trying to play hero 😁

Welcome! I appreciate a good Jarvis. 👍

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I don't mind Jarvis being able to stun Jason during rage. I think the chances should be very slim for actually knocking him down but Jarvis should have a few ways to slow down and distract Jason.  The Jarvis in the video deserves a 👍

Always happy to help man :)I don't think the chances of stunning him while in Rage should be slim, but rather the chances of stunning him should be normal. Especially if taken into consideration what I said previously about characters with a strength 8 or higher being able to stun him while in Rage. This will make Jason's think more carefully about how they approach Tommy, but also Brandon and Adam. High level Jason's will probably want to kill them first assuming they are in the lobby.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dunken said:

Always happy to help man :)I don't think the chances of stunning him while in Rage should be slim, but rather the chances of stunning him should be normal. Especially if taken into consideration what I said previously about characters with a strength 8 or higher being able to stun him while in Rage. This will make Jason's think more carefully about how they approach Tommy, but also Brandon and Adam. High level Jason's will probably want to kill them first assuming they are in the lobby.

Welcome to camp, no time to chat but wanted to at least welcome you. 

I’m not a fan of changing rage again but I’m sure others will point out why.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dunken said:

Always happy to help man :)I don't think the chances of stunning him while in Rage should be slim, but rather the chances of stunning him should be normal. Especially if taken into consideration what I said previously about characters with a strength 8 or higher being able to stun him while in Rage. This will make Jason's think more carefully about how they approach Tommy, but also Brandon and Adam. High level Jason's will probably want to kill them first assuming they are in the lobby.

I like combat also... so you're preaching to the choir here! I was on here when this change first happened and felt it was wrong for many reasons then after playing it a few times especially in the role as Jason i could see why these changes had to be made. Jason is more fun to play now and the player should feel strong playing the role as Jason. The counselors should feel pressure in their role not Jason.  I agree. There should be a middle ground. Jarvis maybe the last counselor has a chance to stumble Jason for a moment only one hit to Jason should fully knock him down during rage. I don't hate the changes it reminds me of the early days of this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Tommy should even spawn until there is a single female left. That said, he should be able to stun enraged Jason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dunken said:

While I appreciate your concern over not being able to stun Jason while in Rage and trying your hardest to save other counselors, I don't think this should be exclusive to Tommy. A better approach would be if Counselors with a Strength of 8 or higher are the only ones that can stun Jason while he's in Rage (i.e Adam, Tommy and Brandon).

Throw in Jenny too to fit with her trope and stats lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BFizzle said:

Throw in Jenny too to fit with her trope and stats lol.

This should not be on Jenny since her Strength is at 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dunken said:

This should not be on Jenny since her Strength is at 1.

The poor girl is currently useless once Jason has rage, it’d be all she has going for her. Throw sis a bone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

The poor girl is currently useless once Jason has rage, it’d be all she has going for her. Throw sis a bone. 

I've always viewed Jenny as a 'lone wolf' kind of character. She's most dangerous when in doors fighting Jason. I can understand most people not knowing how to play her but she's a defender. And giving her stun chance while Jason's in Rage would be a nightmare for J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dunken said:

I've always viewed Jenny as a 'lone wolf' kind of character. She's most dangerous when in doors fighting Jason. I can understand most people not knowing how to play her but she's a defender. And giving her stun chance while Jason's in Rage would be a nightmare for J.

Jenny’s my second favorite character to use, I know she’s a defender lol. It just sucks for her when all that defending puts Jason in rage and then her asthmatic ass can’t run from him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

Jenny’s my second favorite character to use, I know she’s a defender lol. It just sucks for her when all that defending puts Jason in rage and then her asthmatic ass can’t run from him. 

Let me elaborate a little more on why Jenny doesn't deserve the ability to stun J while he's in Rage. But first let's examine her with Brandon and Adam. Brandon is by definition a 'Jason Fighter'. Adam is considered by many a 'Jack of all trades, master of none' similar to Kenny. Brandon has a 4 composure and Adam has 6. Both have weak stealth. Jenny doesn't have weak stealth and she has max composure keeping her from getting too much fear. This enables her to regen stamina faster, keep being stealthy since having high fear makes being stealth impossible. And the privilege of being able to hold Pamela's sweater. Where I'm getting at is Jenny's Composure and Luck compensate for her many bad attributes. Adam and Brandon's luck and composure don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dunken said:

Let me elaborate a little more on why Jenny doesn't deserve the ability to stun J while he's in Rage. But first let's examine her with Brandon and Adam. Brandon is by definition a 'Jason Fighter'. Adam is considered by many a 'Jack of all trades, master of none' similar to Kenny. Brandon has a 4 composure and Adam has 6. Both have weak stealth. Jenny doesn't have weak stealth and she has max composure keeping her from getting too much fear. This enables her to regen stamina faster, keep being stealthy since having high fear makes being stealth impossible. And the privilege of being able to hold Pamela's sweater. Where I'm getting at is Jenny's Composure and Luck compensate for her many bad attributes. Adam and Brandon's luck and composure don't.

Um okay I’d still like for her to be able to stun him, tf. Just agree to disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

Um okay I’d still like for her to be able to stun him, tf. Just agree to disagree. 

You may want Jenny to be able to stun J while in Rage, but not other folks. I just happen to be one of em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dunken said:

You may want Jenny to be able to stun J while in Rage, but not other folks. I just happen to be one of em.

Okay. I'm sure no changes will be made either way so it really doesn't matter lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand why @BFizzle wants her Jenny to be able to stun but wouldn’t we all want our main character to have that power. I see y’all points but I’m still thinking I love the idea of making it exclusive to only tommy and in addition the final survivor which would probably be hoping for too much. Just MAYBE they’ll give tommy this power potentially

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Tommy and the last survivor should be able to stun enraged Jason.

Giving the last survivor the ability to stun Jason while he's in Rage should not be added. It wouldn't be a 'Gift' or a 'Privilege', it would be a burden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Dunken said:

Giving the last survivor the ability to stun Jason while he's in Rage should not be added. It wouldn't be a 'Gift' or a 'Privilege', it would be a burden.

Why is that? As it stands, escape is nearly impossible when you're the last survivor.

@Dunken I don't know... being able to out last all the other counselors seems deserving of a reward to me.

Edited by F134Ever86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...