Sign in to follow this  
Alien_Number_Six

Remove councilor circles from the map.

I think the circles should stay. The times when I'm trying to escape with a friend and we do all the work on a two seater and then the whole lobby shows up with Jason in tow to catch a free ride makes me wish we could go off the radar for a moment, but it'd make it pretty rough for new players or ppl running solo.

Teamers would still find a way to ruin the match regardless, so with that being the real goal, I think it'd do more damage than harm. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater fu.

8 hours ago, MaxRenn82 said:

Teamers would still find a way to ruin the match regardless, so with that being the real goal, I think it'd do more damage than harm.

You make a very valid point.

• Thanks 1

I like the idea of removing items from the map much more than circles. There have been several times where I escaped only because I looked at the map after installing parts and noticed the car was moving.

The counselor circles assist trolls much more than they actually help the real players, IMO. I've been advocating for their removal since the beginning. What a silly premise to not be able to talk to another player on the opposite side of the map without a walkie-talkie, but you can magically see their whereabouts/movements at all times. Meanwhile, there's one asshole tucked away in the corner of the game with their map pulled up giving Jason full play-by-play on what everyone is doing. 

Nothing I do in-game is contingent on another player's location/activities. If I'm in a group of people I know, we are executing our gameplan regardless of what everyone else is doing. If I'm a lonewolf, same thing.

I do like the idea of circles only appearing when a walkie-talkie is found, however, they are all over the place and everyone will get one fairly early. How about your circle only appears on the map when you actually speak, then goes away again when you're done? That way the player has some control in their position being detected or not.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

How about your circle only appears on the map when you actually speak, then goes away again when you're done? That way the player has some control in their position being detected or not.

This would encourage people to not use mic’s ever, and would encourage players not to communicate in game chat. I don’t like this as a solution but am glad you suggested it. 

I haven’t spent a large amount of time thinking about this and the circles give me an advantage, knowing where to search that I’d rather not lose. That said, if they disappeared tomorrow it wouldn’t be the end of the world and could encourage mic use, so why not try it out. 

1 hour ago, SteveChristy said:

I do like the idea of circles only appearing when a walkie-talkie is found, however, they are all over the place and everyone will get one fairly early. How about your circle only appears on the map when you actually speak, then goes away again when you're done? That way the player has some control in their position being detected or not.

Thanks, I thought it would be better to give the player the option to show himself or herself by either picking up a Walkie-talkie or not..... if you don’t pick it up your circle is never shown on the map.

I like your idea also....

I also understand why players might want to see other players... but honestly I agree in my opinion it really does assist with more trolling than it is helpful......as an advantage to know where to go.....If you run up to a cabin you will see if someone is in there or you will hear Drawers being opened and closed which will alert you to try a different cabin...if you are wanting to find items.

If the car starts moving there are definitely players there.... I think it would add more tension if you are huffing it to the car not knowing if there is even enough room for you since you can’t see how many people are around it .. unless of course you are communicating with a mic 🎤 

In this situation where teamers are starting to really grief the actual player base I think adding a little mystery to your fellow counselors where-abouts would bring a little more excitement and spontaneity to gameplay.... possibly add a little more communication to the game as well.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I like the idea of removing items from the map much more than circles. There have been several times where I escaped only because I looked at the map after installing parts and noticed the car was moving.

That car would never get moving if someone dropped the part off the beaten path and it was not visible on the map. There is a damned good reason they put this in the game... and that reason is the trolls.

16 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

The counselor circles assist trolls much more than they actually help the real players, IMO.

Now the trolls just commit suicide and give your location through the spectator mode... and now no one that is still alive knows where others are to go and help them. This screws over the honest players FAR more than it ever will hurt any trolls.

16 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

What a silly premise to not be able to talk to another player on the opposite side of the map without a walkie-talkie, but you can magically see their whereabouts/movements at all times.

Its a game... some things in a game that are done to give it better balance will sound silly.... For instance, ANY counselor is hit by a machete or an axe and does not fall to the ground UTTERLY helpless and bleed to death in just moments if their attacker decides to leave them alone after that first hit... While the former seems "silly"... the later is more unbelievable than an undead killer stalking you and your friends... yet somehow it is required to be in the game.

17 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

Nothing I do in-game is contingent on another player's location/activities.

So... you do not ever try to help anyone else in game?.... Well, many of us do, and this feature is extremely important to be able to help others... If you do not know where they are... how are you going to find them to help them... Communication?... That would be great, IF more than 2% of the player base could figure out how to use a map and explain to you where they are... considering they actually have a map... This also screws over EVERYONE that has no mic, or chooses not to speak for whatever reason.

17 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

I do like the idea of circles only appearing when a walkie-talkie is found, however, they are all over the place and everyone will get one fairly early.

All this will do is give the trolls a good reason to laugh... No one will pick up a walkie for fear of someone giving away their location... and now they will not be able to communicate their location to someone they need help from... considering they could read a map (and have one) to even tell someone where they are for that person to come and help them. And then the troll... who no one even knows is a troll, simply commits suicide and does the same thing through spectator mode where they can watch every players movements, and if you have any knowledge of any map, all they have to do is go outside and you look around with your camera control... and you will know EXACTLY where they are.
   Also, I have at least one game every night that I play in which I do not even find a walkie talkie until late in the match, if I even find one at all... Luck of the draw with random spawns can be a bitch sometimes... Many games I do find them early, but far from every game.

17 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I haven’t spent a large amount of time thinking about this and the circles give me an advantage, knowing where to search that I’d rather not lose.

One of the many reasons I use the map perk... So I can see where everyone is at the start of the match and plan out which cabins to loot first.... Just running up to a cabin to find it already looted is a massive waste of time and leaves everything up to luck to even find one useful item early on. Running up to a cabin that already has someone is currently looting it... also a HUGE waste of time... Removing counselors from the map will hurt far more honest players than trolls... As I have stated in this, and previous posts in this thread... There are MANY ways around this for them. It would be a waste of time for the devs to even bother considering removing counselors from the map, let alone to do the coding required.
   When I spawn as Tommy... the first thing I do... look at the map to see where the other players are so I can go help them. Forcing them to communicate to me where they are also lets Jason know I am on my way... and that is considering they can actually communicate where they are.

I think removing the circles from the big map, but leaving them on the mini map would be a good in between. I get your argument for why it wouldn’t change things as far a trolls are concerned @Ahab but feel it’s worth exploring for other reasons. If people lose access to the large map information it encourages communication. Yes, not everyone has or uses a mic, but the nature of the game is one where it should be essential. If you choose not to use a mic, you’re choosing a disadvantage. I’d rather they gently encourage mic use for survival sake and think this could help. Original I agreed that the circles should stay, they give a huge tactical advantage, even if they make no sense. I’ve reconsidered and can’t say for sure what will happen unless we try it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ahab said:

So... you do not ever try to help anyone else in game?.... Well, many of us do, and this feature is extremely important to be able to help others... If you do not know where they are... how are you going to find them to help them... Communication?..

I know this wasn’t actually directed to me but I am in agreement that taking the circles away would help actual players and be another thing for teamer/ greifer/trolls to over come...

( yes I know they will find a way to still troll but at least they are dead and forced to watch and attempt to troll instead of actively trolling in game because they see you on the map...)

And I totally understand your point.... and I definitely help people but usually I have more success helping others when they communicate via mic better.....

I think communication should be pushed a little more heavily in this game telling someone your where-abouts should be the only way to be marked on the map......and using the Walkie-talkie as a means to mark you on the map and make communicating more important seems like a good idea to me.

This also screws over EVERYONE that has no mic, or chooses not to speak for whatever reason.

Once again totally understand what you are saying, but if the player chooses not to use the mic and wants to be seen they just need to pick up the walkie-talkie... they don’t have to speak.

All this will do is give the trolls a good reason to laugh... No one will pick up a walkie for fear of someone giving away their location... and now they will not be able to communicate their location to someone they need help from.

You are probably very right about this situation....the only thing that makes me still think it would work out better for the real players is because even players who pick up the Walkie- talkies still don’t use their mic to communicate with the lobby most of the time.....so at least if a player is lone wolfing like most quick play player matches go I would rather have the option to be seen or not.....

And then the troll... who no one even knows is a troll, simply commits suicide and does the same thing through spectator mode 

I would rather they spectate and Attempt to troll rather then actively trolling in the match.

Also, I have at least one game every night that I play in which I do not even find a walkie talkie until late in the match, if I even find one at all... Luck of the draw with random spawns can be a bitch sometimes... Many games I do find them early, but far from every game.

That could be problematic but the developers could add more walkie-talkies to spawn in all those empty drawers we all open up...lol.

One of the many reasons I use the map perk... So I can see where everyone is at the start of the match and plan out which cabins to loot first.... Just running up to a cabin to find it already looted is a massive waste of time and leaves everything up to luck.

I do agree that it can waste precious time hitting a cabin already looted or is in the process of being looted.... but I also can see how this brings in a little more unexpected situations back to the game...a lot of “ I hope this one has something I need..” kind of situations. 

When I spawn as Tommy... the first thing I do... look at the map to see where the other players are so I can go help them. Forcing them to communicate to me where they are also lets Jason know I am on my way... and that is considering they can actually communicate where they are.

That makes sense...I guess the only fix for that would be allowing Tommy to see all counselors circles at all times like it is now..... let’s all cross our fingers that the person using him isn’t a troll lol.

18 hours ago, Ahab said:

So... you do not ever try to help anyone else in game?

I'll respond to this, as it's actually a question. The rest of your post are your opinions, and mine are unchanged, so no reason to bicker about it. But, I will answer this. Sometimes, yes, I do help others. But, I don't play superhero and spend my time looking at my map and basing what I do off the locations of other players. I begin to execute a specific gameplan at the start of each match, and certain aspects can change depending on where I start and what items are nearby. If I encounter other players who need help as I do this, I'll assist if I can. But, I'm not gonna drop what I'm doing and run to the other side of the map because it looks like someone is running from Jason or trying to repair something that isn't contingent on my end goal(s). We all have our strategies. There's no right or wrong way to play outside of Jason-teaming/glitching, etc.

They shouldn't be able to see one another.

Likewise I think it would be a good idea to move Jason's power icons to the left of the hud and give him his own mini map on the right part of the hud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

They shouldn't be able to see one another.

Likewise I think it would be a good idea to move Jason's power icons to the left of the hud and give him his own mini map on the right part of the hud.

Very interesting, I think I’d like Jason to have a mini map too.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:18 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Original I agreed that the circles should stay, they give a huge tactical advantage, even if they make no sense. I’ve reconsidered and can’t say for sure what will happen unless we try it.

They do give a huge tactical advantage... I agree completely. But if they were removed... how do you find and pick up a passenger in the car? MANY people I run into out there in quick play land... (and I will include some of my friends in this as well)… have no idea how to even read a map, let alone explain their position to someone who can (I cannot stress this enough). There are many uses for this that will greatly hurt the gameplay of many players if this is removed... and it is WAY TOO MUCH of a buff for Jason.
    There is also the "mic bug" to consider... it is still around... and "sometimes" a player that uses a mic cannot be heard by the rest of the lobby.
    Alienating the players that choose not to use a mic (for whatever their reason may be) is not the right direction to go here. 

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:53 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

And I totally understand your point.... and I definitely help people but usually I have more success helping others when they communicate via mic better.....

Happy you understand... but this is taking far more from counselors than you think... Communication should be encouraged... but NEVER forced.

Once again totally understand what you are saying, but if the player chooses not to use the mic and wants to be seen they just need to pick up the walkie-talkie... they don’t have to speak.

Any player that does not use a mic would just be doing a smart thing by picking up a walkie talkie to listen in on chatter... and if they do not have a mic... then the use of this non existent mic would not register, so no help to them.

You are probably very right about this situation....

I may be right... and I am against helping a troll get a laugh. That being said... there is truly MANY other things that need to be worked on in this game... This is not one of them.

I would rather they spectate and Attempt to troll rather then actively trolling in the match.

Many times, trolls travel in groups. It only takes one in spectator mode to screw everyone over with their communications to Jason. Every other troll with them (even if it is only one more) can still get the keys and run people over.

That could be problematic but the developers could add more walkie-talkies to spawn in all those empty drawers we all open up...lol.

I would go so far as to say that IF this was ever implemented... EVERY counselor should start with a walkie talkie from that point on. I am still against it though.

I do agree that it can waste precious time hitting a cabin already looted or is in the process of being looted.... but I also can see how this brings in a little more unexpected situations back to the game...a lot of “ I hope this one has something I need..” kind of situations. 

I play the slow counselors... and I still run into issues of not being able to find anything in a drawer because a Vanessa ran into the cabin I spawned in front of ran into this cabin knowing full well someone was already there, beat me to every drawer beyond the first and won the race to the next cabin to rinse and repeat... Taking counselors of the map would just make this happen more often... and I do not want to switch to a faster counselor because of this.

That makes sense...I guess the only fix for that would be allowing Tommy to see all counselors circles at all times like it is now..... let’s all cross our fingers that the person using him isn’t a troll lol.

Going to help another team member should not be reserved for Tommy alone. Teamwork is teamwork... not Tommy work.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:56 AM, SteveChristy said:

Sometimes, yes, I do help others. But, I don't play superhero and spend my time looking at my map and basing what I do off the locations of other players.

Glad to hear you help others... and no one asked you to be a super hero. Myself... I will do anything and everything to help the team... trolls are exempted and get no help... but everyone else does... I bet you do look at your map when you need to go and help someone that is not close enough to pop up on your mini map... It is hard to find them otherwise, unless everyone you play with can actually read a map, explain where they are to you accurately (considering this person even uses a mic)… But in my experience, most people cannot even read the map, let alone give me their actual location. The arrows on the mini map are the same as using the map here... without them on the map, there would no longer be arrows pointing to them... or it would be irrelevant in taking them off the map in the first place.
   I am not trying to bicker here at all... I am pointing out what I would do if I were a troll in these situations, and I did not even have to stop and think about it... These are NOT OPINIONS... just so you know. Give the trolls a week with this and they will come up with other ways around it that I did not consider because I spent no actual time thinking about it yet, these ideas just rolled out while typing.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:40 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Very interesting, I think I’d like Jason to have a mini map too.

I am really not sure how Jason having a mini map would help him at all, unless you plan on putting the nearby counselors on it... Which would be too much of a buff for him once again.

34 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I am really not sure how Jason having a mini map would help him at all, unless you plan on putting the nearby counselors on it... Which would be too much of a buff for him once again.

So I can finally stop walking toward the wrong cabin when I Morph into trap the phone or break a fuse box. I don’t think Counselors should show up as that would nerf any and all attempts at stealth. 

Speaking of stealth, that’s why I want the circles gone, sure it will help stop easy teaming but it will also allow me to be stealthy around other Counselors. Ideally I’d want a perk that let me remove myself from other peoples mini maps, so let’s try that. Lone Wolf isn’t a perk I’ve ever managed to roll but it could work. 

(Psychic could let you see the circles of people without radios if they went with Oct’s idea. Funny that it would still be tied to radios if this change happened.)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

So I can finally stop walking toward the wrong cabin when I Morph into trap the phone or break a fuse box. I don’t think Counselors should show up as that would nerf any and all attempts at stealth. 

That is a good point... many times coming out of a morph I have to check my map to see which direction the objective I morphed to is.... And I agree that counselors should not show up on it... way too overpowered... But I still do not think he really needs it.

18 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Speaking of stealth, that’s why I want the circles gone, sure it will help stop easy teaming but it will also allow me to be stealthy around other Counselors. Ideally I’d want a perk that let me remove myself from other peoples mini maps, so let’s try that. Lone Wolf isn’t a perk I’ve ever managed to roll but it could work. 

The teaming is just as easy from spectate for anyone that knows the map and its landmarks... which is most people that have played for any real length of time.
    A perk for this sounds like a much better idea... but then the trolls have that too.
    Even using psychic for this... the trolls would still have it. Non of this is worth the time it would take to code it... There are many bugs that need fixing... optimization to accomplish... more minor balance fixes... and so on. There many bugs and glitches a lot of people are complaining that they are "still around" or "have been there since launch". This is just a bad idea for too many reasons to list.

On March 9, 2019 at 9:08 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Do you play as Jason? And if so how many time have you been killed? 

QQ?

Jason is a cakewalk. Why do you need even MORE buffs? It's already easy to get 8/8

You could always do what some crybaby I saw did. He claims he has never been killed as Jason, because if they demask him, he hides in the water until the match is done.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Ahab said:

That is a good point... many times coming out of a morph I have to check my map to see which direction the objective I morphed to is.... And I agree that counselors should not show up on it... way too overpowered... But I still do not think he really needs it.

The teaming is just as easy from spectate for anyone that knows the map and its landmarks... which is most people that have played for any real length of time.
    A perk for this sounds like a much better idea... but then the trolls have that too. 
    Even using psychic for this... the trolls would still have it. Non of this is worth the time it would take to code it... There are many bugs that need fixing... optimization to accomplish... more minor balance fixes... and so on. There many bugs and glitches a lot of people are complaining that they are "still around" or "have been there since launch". This is just a bad idea for too many reasons to list.

I just want to increase the games dynamics, the more options we have the better. I think this is one of those things that could benefit the game if done well, I’m liking the idea of it being done with perks as that increases the likely hood of surprises during a match and a small move away from the meta. 

More options would be nice in general, and I see a lot of potential in scaring my friends if this ever got implemented. Pair it with light foot and sneaky, or maybe low profile. It has potential, I could definitely see doing a version of Paranoia in PM with team killing on and a good group of friends. Have Jason pick the Killer and then use party chat to communicate and work against the other Counselors, maybe have a rule so Jason can only attack outside of the cabins.  

Trolls are gonna troll, and people will bitch about glitches till they’re blue in the face, not going to let either of those things ruin my fun. Besides, Matt’s angry with me so it isn’t like anyone will ever read or hear about it, lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

I bet you do look at your map when you need to go and help someone that is not close enough to pop up on your mini map

I do not. Again, I'm executing my gameplan, which doesn't involve pulling up the map to see where people are. Now, if I'm in a group, and someone audibly says to me "Oh sh*t! He's here and I haven't got the fuse in yet", I'm asking "what cabin?" and I'm on my way. No map needed.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

These are NOT OPINIONS... just so you know

Not real sure how to respond to that.