Sign in to follow this  
Alien_Number_Six

Remove councilor circles from the map.

Recently I ran into a match where I had the keys to the car and completely repaired it myself. But someone was tipping Jason off to my every move. Because every time I tried to make a move to the car part 2 Jason morphed back to cut me off. I was eventually killed only to watch an AJ come out of hiding and take the keys off my dead body. She walked right past jason and drove off the map without Jason even making an attempt to stop her. 

I had my microphone muted and AJ was no where near my location. I concluded that I was being tracked by AJ through the map screen. 

This is one small change to combat this type of in game abuse. And make no mistake it is abuse. It won't keep people from cheating in this manner but it will take a tool from their tool belt.  Be civil  to each other.

@mattshotcha

No dont remove anything else from counselors.

People that have died that are still in the match will be able to scroll throught and watch where your at any ways.

People please stop trying to take things away from counselors .

People keep trying to make this game harder to call Tommy Jarvis and get Jason's Mask off make the Tommy Jarvis radio harder to communicate on.

This game is hard enough for Counselors .

We need to make this game harder for Jason players .

Counselors need the circles viewable on the map so that they can see where eachother is at and work together .

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

No dont remove anything else from counselors.

People that have died that are still in the match will be able to scroll throught and watch where your at any ways.

People please stop trying to take things away from counselors .

People keep trying to make this game harder to call Tommy Jarvis and get Jason's Mask off make the Tommy Jarvis radio harder to communicate on.

This game is hard enough for Counselors .

We need to make this game harder for Jason players .

Counselors need the circles viewable on the map so that they can see where eachother is at and work together .

Do you play as Jason? And if so how many time have you been killed? 

4 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Recently I ran into a match where I had the keys to the car and completely repaired it myself. But someone was tipping Jason off to my every move. Because every time I tried to make a move to the car part 2 Jason morphed back to cut me off. I was eventually killed only to watch an AJ come out of hiding and take the keys off my dead body. She walked right past jason and drove off the map without Jason even making an attempt to stop her. 

I had my microphone muted and AJ was no where near my location. I concluded that I was being tracked by AJ through the map screen. 

This is one small change to combat this type of in game abuse. And make no mistake it is abuse. It won't keep people from cheating in this manner but it will take a tool from their tool belt. 

@mattshotcha

I agree,  party chat and the circles should be removed communicating in game should only be through game chat and once you are dead you can only communicate with people in the dead lobby.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I agree,  party chat and the circles should be removed communicating in game should only be through game chat and once you are dead you can only communicate with people in the dead lobby.

Here is the problem with removing party chat. That is Sony's chat system. And if you could remove it people would simply use discord. Teamers shouldn't know where everyone is my just bring up an in game map however.

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2019 at 8:02 AM, Strigoi said:

We need to make this game harder for Jason players 

That is completely the opposite of what an asymmetrical multiplayer game is!

The 1 in the 1v7 is supposed to be the Op character.

Is the problem that you can’t escape and are always killed by Jason in the game ? 

If that is the case.....you may need to look at what you are doing in game to improve your skills....sorry not sorry.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Here is the problem with removing party chat. That is Sony's chat system. And if you could remove it people would simply use discord. Teamers shouldn't know where everyone is my just bring up an in game map however.

The party chat function should not be allowed in this type of game and if players use another method that’s fine anything Gun does to help remove the teaming situation whether it’s only on their end would be welcomed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

That is completely the opposite of what an asymmetric multiplayer game is supposed to be the 1 in the 1v7 is supposed to be the Op character.

Is the problem that you can’t escape and are always killed by Jason in the game ? 

If that is the case.....you may need to look at what you are doing in game to improve your skills....sorry not sorry.

I want to hear his opinion. I want to understand where he is coming from. I want him to explain himself. I actually want to hear it. So let's talk. And believe me when I say everyone here knows I am part of the "Git Gud" croud.

By removing the circles on the map , you wont make a big difference , if they wanna cause trouble ,they will do it anyway , there is nothing you can do , else than choose another counselor and keep on dodging jason with windows , stupid creatures that they are , they'll get a tunnel vision onto you and if you're skilled enough , you could make them waste at least 10 mins on you .

Giving the other counselors time to call the cops or escape.

Edit: i wouldn't be surprised if you would come up saying that you heard someone telling jason ingame chat to let him/her go and kill you or others.

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The party chat function should not be allowed in this type of game and if players use another method that’s fine anything Gun does to help remove the teaming situation whether it’s only on their end would be welcomed.

True game chat should only be allowed. But people go on party chat for a reason. My wife and I are Cat and Six Gaming. If I want Cat's audio in my stream on PS4 I have to be in party chat. This is one such example. 

Just now, DeadDuck said:

By removing the circles on the map , you wont make a big difference , if they wanna cause trouble ,they will do it anyway , there is nothing you can do , else than choose another counselor and keep on dodging jason with windows , stupid creatures that they are , they'll get a tunnel vision onto you and if you're skilled enough , you could make them waste at least 10 mins on you .

True it wouldn't do much to curb the behavior. And it is a small thing. But it is something that Gun CAN do. I watch a lot of people here solve problems in the game with a lot of good ideas. Good ideas that Gun can't achieve due to the reasons we are all well aware. But this is something that can be done. 

9 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

True it wouldn't do much to curb the behavior. And it is a small thing. But it is something that Gun CAN do. I watch a lot of people here solve problems in the game with a lot of good ideas. Good ideas that Gun can't achieve due to the reasons we are all well aware. But this is something that can be done. 

I think it would do more damage than good , think about them solo new players (1-50), they wont have many ideas of what to do anyway , taking the circle away from them , and they would be a blind prey.

And the biggest of all , think about people without mics :D , how they'll be affected ^^

I'm sorry that your game got sabotaged by teamers, we all hate it but I fully disagree about removing the white circles off counselors minimaps. Not everyone plays in a squad/party or use mics. Hell 80% of the games I play nobody talks to me through mics when I ask if anyone has seen the phone or where is the car located at because I don't have a map, etc. 

Like DeadDuck said even if the devs remove the counselors locations in the minimap (Which I think will do more harm than good), teamers will still find a way to sabotage the game if they want to. Be it by holding the fuse/ set of keys, pamela's sweater hostage, or have their buddy kill them so they expectate where everyone is located at and what they're working on. And then there's a chance they come back as Tommy to do absolutely nothing (again).

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DeadDuck said:

I think it would do more damage than good , think about them solo new players (1-50), they wont have many ideas of what to do anyway , taking the circle away from them , and they would be a blind prey.

And the biggest of all , think about people without mics :D , how they'll be affected ^^

People with out mics choose not to use them so in essence, they are wanting to lone wolf it taking the circles away shouldn’t  effect them in anyway.... in fact it would give others a better shot from players who like to lead Jason on a chase to a group of circles on the map....

making the game a bit more realistic wouldn’t  hurt it.....forcing communication as a means to know your location isn’t a bad thing....but i understand why it isn’t that way either as there are players who legitimately can’t speak..... and can only use vision as a means to play the game...

@Alien_Number_Six.

so how about this.....you only show up on the map as a circle when you have picked up a Walkie-talkie..... this way if you want others to know where you are you can and if you don’t you don’t have to pick one up, you can still communicate or not but would be the only way you would stay marked on the map.

@mattshotcha

8 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

Like DeadDuck said even if the devs remove the counselors locations in the minimap (Which I think will do more harm than good), teamers will still find a way to sabotage the game if they want to. Be it by holding the fuse/ set of keys, pamela's sweater hostage, or have their buddy kill them so they expectate where everyone is located at and what they're working on. And then there's a chance they come back as Tommy to do absolutely nothing (again).

They still do all that now, introducing something that makes it a little harder is the goal!

trolls will always be trying to ruin the game for someone....

and having the Jason player need to kill his teamer partner to be able to troll  is better them them tea bagging your dead body with Jason standing over you.

10 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

People with out mics choose not to use them so in essence, they are wanting to lone wolf it taking the circles away shouldn’t  effect them in anyway.... in fact it would give others a better shot from players who like to lead Jason on a chase to a group of circles on the map....

making the game a bit more realistic wouldn’t  hurt it.....forcing communication as a means to know your location isn’t a bad thing....but i understand why it isn’t that way either as there are players how legitimately can’t speak..... and can only use vision as a means to play the game...

@Alien_Number_Six.

so how about this.....you only show up on the map as a circle when you have picked up a Walkie-talkie..... this way if you want others to know where you are you can and if you don’t you don’t have to pick one up, you can still communicate or not but would be the only way you would stay marked on the map.

@mattshotcha

Or listen here , remove circles but only on the whole map , leave them at least on the mini map.

The walkie-talkie idea is not bad tho.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeadDuck said:

Or listen here , remove circles but only on the whole map , leave them at least on the mini map.

That is a decent idea too. As long as the mini map dosen't give the person away from the other side of the map. For example if your standing in the middle of camp you can see everyone on your mini map in the camp. But not the camp on the other side of the map.  

39 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

I'm sorry that your game got sabotaged by teamers, we all hate it but I fully disagree about removing the white circles off counselors minimaps. Not everyone plays in a squad/party or use mics. Hell 80% of the games I play nobody talks to me through mics when I ask if anyone has seen the phone or where is the car located at because I don't have a map, etc. 

All good points. But I think this could be done. And I think ultimately the circles pointing out the other players positions on the map shouldnt be allowed or adjusted. As far as the game is concerned I have been playing this a long time. A game or two lost to teaming is no big deal.

Not to be a downer, @Alien_Number_Six, but here is one reason I see them not doing this: item marking.  They added that to make things easier for most people (although it's probably these ultra casual people who mostly play crap like CoD which holds your hand the whole time and never learn to adapt or learn the mechanics in place to begin with).  I get that they wanted to appeal to a wider audience, but everyone that played from the beginning knows that pre-marking was much more in line with survival/ horror and paying attention to either your map or comms over walkies (forget the bug that sunk items into the ground) was a must. It has been well over a year and we STILL can only change if it rains or not in Private rooms.  If they won't add a toggle in Private matches just for that, I HIGHLY doubt they would remove the player circles in Public lobbies (although I am TOTALLY for making the survival angle harder on players.  If it were me, I'd (and these are counselor specific):

1.  Remove perks and reinstate the original counselor abilities (which WERE certain perks, just attached to a specific counselor).

2.  Remove item marking.

3.  Possibly remove the player circles.

4.  Have vehicles make no noise when stealthily repaired (but if just 1 skillcheck is flubbed during ANY repairing of a vehicle, that vehicle will now DEFINITELY make a sound on start-up).

5.  Rework the Fear system into something that impacts the dynamic a bit more than now (stumbling, stamina regen decrease, slightly slower speed (no more casual jogging just out of Jasons reach).

6.  Disable Party Chat.  (Don't care about the alternatives people could use instead.  On a system hardware level while running the game, it should be locked like some games actually do).

(This one just came to me, but is a bit iffy) 7.  Don't bring back teamkilling outright, but DO allow meat shielding.  As it was when the game first came out, if a player is grabbed by Jason, other players could knock them out of Jasons grasp BUT need to pay attention where they hit/shoot, otherwise you could potentially injure or kill a player (if they are shot in Jasons grip, they WILL die unless you aim just right).

All of these may not be liked or agreed upon, but if you are like me and feel that you want to play how it SHOULD have been from the start, these are a few nice suggestions.

Good point @Alien_Number_Six. This detracts from having to communicate and the over all dread of being stalked by a killer. Hope this idea gets implemented!

Maybe the psychic perk can counter balance this? Maybe psychic gives the player the sound blips that Jason has so they can locate other counselors?

@OCT 31 1978 also a good idea with the walkie talkies.

• Thanks 1

No,Taking large Maps away from Counselors would cause it to be more difficult for Counselors to see Jason on the Map.

Your suggesting the opposite of what the game needs.

Please stop trying to take away any advantages that Counselors have.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

No,Taking large Maps away from Counselors would cause it to be more difficult for Counselors to see Jason on the Map.

Your suggesting the opposite of what the game needs.

Please stop trying to take away any advantages that Counselors have.

As I said:

25 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

...these ultra casual people...

We know where you stand.  We see the Scarlet letter every time you post.  It's been well over a year for the counselor buffs.  Now, either get used to some nerfs or possible buffs to Jason only to make your game a bit tougher.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

2.  Remove item marking.

They reason they implemented item marking is because Trolls would grab key items and drop them in the woods where no one would find it just to screw with people. It was a recurring problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They reason they implemented item marking is because Trolls would grab key items and drop them in the woods where no one would find it just to screw with people. It was a recurring problem.

They do that now as well, only now you can see the item, along with some douchebag who glitched through a boundary and now the item is stuck in No Mans Land.  I'd rather be able to find it randomly dropped in the woods than KNOWING and SEEING it is out of reach.  I am also not the type of person who is willing to learn the exploits and glitches just to counteract them when they happen (shouldn't exist in the first place).  When I boot up F13, it's strictly about playing the game and not getting a rise out of strangers by being an asshole.