You all know me. You know I like the new Rage update. You know I am all for fixing the broken Jason kill and speeding up Jason's grab animation. But of course this dosen't mean I am anti-counselor. In truth none of us are anti-councilor because we spend more time on that side of the game.

However the counselors are still overpowered. Killing Jason is still easy as pie and so is stunning Jason. All that being said I wouldn't mind seeing flare guns and firecrackers stun Jason during Rage. Firecrackers could use some love and both of these weapons are rare enough. And they are single use items just like the shotgun. 

One of the reasons I am suggesting this is Jason teaming related. I recently had a match that was Christine and Jason vs. Victoria. I was doing amazing. I used the trees between the cabins to juke the car and juked Jason around in the cabins. But when Jason landed Rage with eight minutes to go and all I had was some firecrackers I knew I was dust. And I dislike losing to cheaters so much that I rise to the challenge to make them look dumb. 

I don't think this change would hurt the Rage update at all in terms of effectiveness.  And it would calm the masses calling for a Rage nerf. It would also be easier to implement then adding more Shotguns to the map. 

So let's talk about this particular idea. Keep it civil. 

@mattshotcha

• Like 3

Making it Harder to kill Jason would Ruin the fun of the team cordination with Tommy Jarvis .

Making it harder to kill Jason would destroy part of the game that is meant to be used.

Jason is strong enough.

@Alien_Number_Six,

I agree with all of your post, 

the Big J kill is way to easy! 

And one off items like Fire crackers and Flares wouldn’t change Jason gameplay too much in rage mode if they stunned Him.

I definitely would prefer if only head shots with the flare stunned him though, both items can be avoided by Jason with well placed shifts or walking around them, and as you pointed out.... once used you are empty handed and at risk again:

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Making it Harder to kill Jason would Ruin the fun of the team cordination with Tommy Jarvis .

Making it harder to kill Jason would destroy part of the game that is meant to be used.

Jason is strong enough.

Im asking for more endgame items to invigorate the chase and your against that? I would think you could get behind that. Is English your first language? Not being rude. It’s a honest question.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Alien_Number_Six,

I agree with all of your post, 

the Big J kill is way to easy! 

And one off items like Fire crackers and Flares wouldn’t change Jason gameplay too much in rage mode if they stunned Him.

I definitely would prefer if only head shots with the flare stunned him though, both items can be avoided by Jason with well placed shifts or walking around them, and as you pointed out.... once used you are empty handed and at risk again:

I think that it would increase the worth of those items too.

• Like 1

i agree with this too, if i have my normal group and we all decide to kill jason the thing that saves jason the most is the axe not bringing him to his knees other then that we have got 5 kills or even 6 in a row before. he needs tto be made harder to kill but in a way it doesnt make escaping harder as i feel thats where it should be. maybe increase his mask hp by 100% or something

8 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

However the counselors are still overpowered. Killing Jason is still easy as pie and so is stunning Jason. All that being said I wouldn't mind seeing flare guns and firecrackers stun Jason during Rage. Firecrackers could use some love and both of these weapons are rare enough. And they are single use items just like the shotgun. 

You all know me... You know how I earn a living... I'll put up this drywall, but it ain't gonna be easy... Sure it is easy, once you learn how to do pretty much anything and are practiced in it... it becomes easy. 

I do not agree that the counselors are overpowered... But I do agree that the Jason kill is WAY too easy to achieve. 
   Flare guns and Firecrackers stunning Jason in rage has been discussed in many threads already... and I am still not convinced this is the way to go. Jason is still not hard to escape from with this buff. One great suggestion was that firecrackers should now scramble the use of Jason's sense when used during rage (or before rage for that matter)… 
   Firecrackers and Flare guns rare? I find 3 or more of each in literally EVERY match... and still see others using more than that in every match... That is not rare... single use or not.

And I dislike losing to cheaters so much that I rise to the challenge to make them look dumb. 

I am all for making it harder for teamers... But this is not the way to go. Remember the names of players that you think are "teamers". Write them down if you have to... and when you see them in a lobby... leave and find a new lobby. If no one played with teamers... they would find it EXTREMELY difficult to team up with Jason at all.
   You were not "dust" because Jason was now in rage mode... You were "dust" because you already believed it was over... You have been playing long enough to know... you NEVER had to hit Jason to play "keep away" with him... and you still do not need to.
   I have seen many different players using all of the different counselors to run out the clock many times... and have done it several times my self, with A.J. It is far from impossible to do it just because you can no longer stun Jason in rage mode.

I don't think this change would hurt the Rage update at all in terms of effectiveness.

Yes... it would reduce the effectiveness of the rage buff. Particularly because it reduces the effectiveness of the buff just by allowing more stuns.

And it would calm the masses calling for a Rage nerf.

Everyone calling for a nerf to Jason has been EXTREMELY easy to refute EVERY one of their points for a VERY long time now.

It would also be easier to implement then adding more Shotguns to the map. 

Adding more shotguns to the map is a horrible idea in the first place. You know it is already too easy to kill Jason... His mask is WAY too easy to remove, and after it is gone, it is EXTREMELY easy to finish him off... Adding more shotguns would make it even easier than it already is... Why this is, should not need to be explained.

3 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Im asking for more endgame items to invigorate the chase and your against that?

The chase was already invigorated by the rage buff... It has made the chase more difficult for counselors by making it impossible to stun Jason... and in absolutely no other way. No part of the buff makes it easier for Jason to catch a counselor that is running away from him.

5 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Jason is strong enough.

Making it harder to kill Jason ruining team co ordination with Tommy Jarvis? No... it would not. The counselors and Tommy can co ordinate to do more than just kill Jason in the first place.
    Destroy a part of the game that was meant to be used? Are you actually serious?.... The Jason kill was MEANT to be difficult... It was MEANT to be rare... It is neither of these things... Doing something that is ridiculously simple over and over again is NOTHING to be proud of... Accomplishing something that is actually difficult to achieve... now that might actually be worth bragging about.
    Jason is not strong enough... But when they make it actually difficult to kill him... then he WILL BE... and NOT before this.

42 minutes ago, shady said:

if i have my normal group and we all decide to kill jason the thing that saves jason the most is the axe not bringing him to his knees other then that we have got 5 kills or even 6 in a row before.

No matter how good you are at the game... killing Jason 5 or 6 times in a row... and the only thing that saves him is a lesser chance to stun him with the axe?... This is just more proof that the Jason kill needs to be made more difficult to accomplish.
   Smart Jason hunters bring a third person along with a bat... which has... what?... a 99% chance to bring Jason to his knees... Your problem is now solved and now you will get 99 out of 100 kills vs attempts ratio... baring a mistake or bad luck on the counselors part... or even a glitch, which can still happen as well.... or... GASP!... the Jason player decides to deprive you of the easiest thing in the game to do and morphs into the water.

18 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I am all for making it harder for teamers... But this is not the way to go. Remember the names of players that you think are "teamers". Write them down if you have to... and when you see them in a lobby... leave and find a new lobby. If no one played with teamers... they would find it EXTREMELY difficult to team up with Jason at all.

I've been an advocate of this for the longest time. I've got a long list of players I came across that I've never played with again.

Adding more shotguns to the map is a horrible idea in the first place. You know it is already too easy to kill Jason... His mask is WAY too easy to remove, and after it is gone, it is EXTREMELY easy to finish him off... Adding more shotguns would make it even easier than it already is... Why this is, should not need to be explained.0

I remember the days when Crystal Lake was stocked like an armory for the zombie apocalypse. I don't miss those days.

• Like 1

Firecrackers are annoying.  They can be used to block power boxes, CB radio, etc.  So having the advantage to bypass that in rage is quite nice!  Flare guns... Maybe.  

If you shoot him in the face (only the face) it’ll stun him; that, I wouldn’t mind. 

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

I've been an advocate of this for the longest time. I've got a long list of players I came across that I've never played with again.

I do not actually keep a list... but I generally do remember the names... and leave the lobby when I see them... even if that means my group will spend ten minutes trying to get into U.S. servers... which is the real problem here... It is not like the servers are busy... Why would a group of ANY size EVER be thrown into ANY lobby that is not on their home servers?... A new lobby should be created before throwing players into far away servers... Two or more players on distant servers make for an unacceptable ping... although just one person from a far aways server does (for the most part) have an acceptable ping.... When that ping gets too high... WAY too much weird crap happens in the game due to lag.
    This has been my shortest rant EVER.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

I remember the days when Crystal Lake was stocked like an armory for the zombie apocalypse. I don't miss those days.

I remember those days as well... when Camp Crystal Lake was "A fully armed and operational battle station"... as I refer to it... I do not miss those days either. It was a special kind of hell.

I think Crackers and flare guns should stun at rage. They can't endlessly be used for bullying jason and at the same time still gives counselors a bit of help in that time period. Seems fair to me. 

I also agree with the firecrackers and flare gun stunning during rage. In my opinion, they shouldn’t have taken them out of play.

10 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Jason is strong enough.

Didn't you just make a thread saying killing Jason was never meant to be hard?

@Ahab I was dust because the car was trying to get me too. Still did the best I could. Eventually was rundown widow hopping to avoid Jason. And your pretty much wrong about eveything else. Again. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:55 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

@Ahab I was dust because the car was trying to get me too. Still did the best I could. Eventually was rundown widow hopping to avoid Jason. And your pretty much wrong about eveything else. Again. 

Just because the car and Jason are after you does not mean you are "dust" every time. I have escaped teamers using these tactics quite a few times in the past... Just not every time... So it is pretty far from impossible to do it.
   But... doing the best you can do is all anybody can ever ask of anyone.

If I am wrong... I can actually admit I am wrong... You (or ANYBODY ELSE) saying I am wrong, does not make me wrong... You first have to legitimately refute even one point... which you have failed to do AGAIN.... As I said in the other thread... A flat earther puts up a better argument than you do... at least they actually try to back up their argument... And once again, I AM NOT comparing you to a flat earther... But what I am saying is they put up a better argument than you do... even though their arguments are piss poor to begin with.

If I am wrong about everything... then that would also make you wrong about the one thing I agreed with you upon... Stop... use your head and think before you reply to someone. Where am I wrong?... With what point exactly and how am I wrong? I would like to know this so I can correct myself.

On 3/9/2019 at 8:06 AM, Strigoi said:

Jason is strong enough.

I mean...thats the point....literally....