9 hours ago, Ahab said:

I will say this... Whether I catch and kill you... or you escape in the car, boat or to the cops... you put up one hell of a chase every time!

🍻I do have my moments. I've been known as that guy that walks right out a window unintentionally right into Jasons grasp and have to spectate the next 10-15 mins.. 😂 The other night I also did a bot impersonation after I jumped through a window. The power was out, and i couldn't see. Ran right into a bed and was trapped running in a corner. Can't win them all I guess.. 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

🍻I do have my moments. I've been known as that guy that walks right out a window unintentionally right into Jasons grasp and have to spectate the next 10-15 mins.. 😂 The other night I also did a bot impersonation after I jumped through a window. The power was out, and i couldn't see. Ran right into a bed and was trapped running in a corner. Can't win them all I guess.. 😁

We all have our moments... both good and bad. I have made some hilarious mistakes on both sides of play as well... and I have done the exact same things you mention here on (far more than) one occasion. 
   I am seeing an uptick in people using bot tactics and hiding in plain sight of Jason though... and not all of these people are new to the game. One moment of not paying attention to your surroundings in this game can easily prove fatal.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

We all have our moments... both good and bad. I have made some hilarious mistakes on both sides of play as well... and I have done the exact same things you mention here on (far more than) one occasion. 
   I am seeing an uptick in people using bot tactics and hiding in plain sight of Jason though... and not all of these people are new to the game. One moment of not paying attention to your surroundings in this game can easily prove fatal.

LOL I hear this. I’m right there with you both on making silly mistakes. I’m sure we all got hiliarious stories we could tell. Last night I drove the car and got it stuck on a rock and he pulled me out of the car and I died 🤣 shit happens is what I told my friends I was trying to pick up. They were a lil salty I got the car stuck lol

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

LOL I hear this. I’m right there with you both on making silly mistakes. I’m sure we all got hiliarious stories we could tell. Last night I drove the car and got it stuck on a rock and he pulled me out of the car and I died 🤣 shit happens is what I told my friends I was trying to pick up. They were a lil salty I got the car stuck lol

I have had people seriously lose their shit because Jason was able to stop my car... on his fourth try (I like to have a full car before I leave)… I was doing great job avoiding him the first three times... Nobody is perfect. But holy crap did I get an earful of nastiness... I will never give those particular players a ride again... unless they sneak in when I stop for someone else.

I have also had the "stuck on a pebble" problem... But I have discovered, if the car can still move a bit forward, or a bit backwards... and you have some time, you can sometimes get it unstuck... But only if it will move at all in the first place and you have a few undisturbed moments. Had someone accuse me of stealing their car once after getting it unstuck... he was very rude... But, he left it running... so no warning to Jason, and I had the time to wiggle it free... also got other people out, but did not have room for him by the time I drove past him... Very salty.
   I felt like Austin Powers trying to turn his golf cart around in a hallway, but it worked.

1 minute ago, Ahab said:

I have had people seriously lose their shit because Jason was able to stop my car... on his fourth try (I like to have a full car before I leave)… I was doing great job avoiding him the first three times... Nobody is perfect. But holy crap did I get an earful of nastiness... I will never give those particular players a ride again... unless they sneak in when I stop for someone else.

I have also had the "stuck on a pebble" problem... But I have discovered, if the car can still move a bit forward, or a bit backwards... and you have some time, you can sometimes get it unstuck... But only if it will move at all in the first place and you have a few undisturbed moments. Had someone accuse me of stealing their car once after getting it unstuck... he was very rude... But, he left it running... so no warning to Jason, and I had the time to wiggle it free... also got other people out, but did not have room for him by the time I drove past him... Very salty.
   I felt like Austin Powers trying to turn his golf cart around in a hallway, but it worked.

Getting the car stuck or getting the car stopped by Jason seem to really get people salty. I feel like a lot of the time if I am not successful I’ll get hate mail. People seem to really count on the driver 🤷🏽‍♂️ Sure does put more pressure on you if you’re the driver. One guy who was hiding in a tent all match also really had the nerve to tell me I made a dumb mistake. I said buddy, shit happens but at least I tried escaping and didn’t die camping out in a tent 😂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Getting the car stuck or getting the car stopped by Jason seem to really get people salty. I feel like a lot of the time if I am not successful I’ll get hate mail. People seem to really count on the driver 🤷🏽‍♂️ Sure does put more pressure on you if you’re the driver.

Some people get upset at every little mistake. I do very well driving the car (lots and lots of practice)… but shit happens. Sometimes I get stopped by Jason... and even rarer still, I made a wrong turn and a tree jumped in front of me (I blame poor planning on the guy who planted the tree)… I have also got the car stuck on a pebble in the forest after a wrong turn too. Non of us are perfect.
    But when someone wants to bitch at you for a mistake, I am a big believer that they should be able to do a better job than you did before crying about it... After all, we are all just human... and we all make mistakes... and sometimes these mistakes are hilarious... Whether I made the mistake, or you or anybody else for that matter. We all die a lot in this game and people need to be able to laugh at their own mistakes, as well as the mistakes of others... Bitching about it helps no one... but some friendly advice sometimes goes a long way.
    I also do very well at stopping the car... with Part 4 whom I play way more than any other Jason. But, sometimes a car slips by me. If Jason had a wave emote, I would use it when this happens... even though it is a bit out of character.... Well... maybe a lot out of character. But, some drivers will give me multiple chances to stop the car... and many regret this decision.

17 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

One guy who was hiding in a tent all match also really had the nerve to tell me I made a dumb mistake. I said buddy, shit happens but at least I tried escaping and didn’t die camping out in a tent

There are some people like this guy in the tent that need to be able to admit that he actually makes mistakes too. His mistake was apparently doing nothing to help out the team and blaming the nearest person for his inability to drive a car that someone else fixed out of camp.
    As we all know, the multi player community of this game (and pretty much every other game) is filled with toxic assholes. This is why I try to play with as many friends as I can get into a match with me... I had a full lobby of friends for a few hours last night... and an almost full lobby for the rest of the night. This really helps reduce the number of assholes you will meet in a night... but even with room for only one random player to get in... somehow, the toxicity continues to flow.

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

If Jason had a wave emote, I would use it when this happens... even though it is a bit out of character....

That would have been a humorous addition if it were possible.

As we all know, the multi player community of this game (and pretty much every other game) is filled with toxic assholes.

If you want to see some real toxicity, play an MMORPG.

22 hours ago, Fair Play said:

If you want to see some real toxicity, play an MMORPG.

I have tried a couple of them.... Age of Conan had the most toxic community I have ever encountered... But strangely, Lord of the Rings Online had a very friendly community... when they chose to speak at least.

You're wasting your time. This forum and this game are a lost cause. Nobody is going to listen to you unfortunately. Might as well just find a better game to play instead. You'll probably feel better once you forget about it.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, ScottTheScout said:

You're wasting your time. This forum and this game are a lost cause. Nobody is going to listen to you unfortunately. Might as well just find a better game to play instead. You'll probably feel better once you forget about it.

You should take your own advice. Don’t forget to let the gate hit you on the way out. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You should take your own advice. Don’t forget to let the gate hit you on the way out. 

What an insightful and useful response. I'm just telling the man like it is. I barely even post here anyway. Just decided to come look today out of curiosity since the game is almost unplayable now on PC with how little players there are. And I'm not playing on no european servers. Hackers galore. (Nevermind the horrible balancing. But that's just a myth guys. Jason still needs more buffs!) Nice to see this place is still nothing but an echo chamber and any legitimate criticism of the game is answered with "REEEEEEEEE! GO AWAY! COUNSELOR MAIN REEEEEEEE!" Or because you don't like the criticism given you just discredit it as "Not a legitimate criticism". or "Not useful."

This community AND the game is honestly a mess. And honestly it's the devs fault because they share the same mentality of ignoring criticism they don't like. So, I can't even blame you guys for the game's current states. It's all down to how Illfonic and Gun Media handled the whole thing. Now, I guess Black Tower or whoever the hell is in charge of development now.

You probably won't realize how you destroyed the game until they finally add a key for Jason that makes all counselors automatically drop dead. Or an instant escape button for counselors. Since if people are so bad at Jason they need even more buffs they probably aren't that good at counselor either. I'll stop rambling now. Nobody gives a shit anyway lmao. Somebody else has probably explained it better than I'm willing to and nobody listens so, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I give up.

Either way, I'm off now. Have fun with the game. lmao. Not sure how it's still fun for you guys, you must enjoy watching paint dry too. As for me. I'm off to greener pastures. If you enjoy the game in it's current state, then hey. More power to you I guess. But personally, this game is just boring to me now. And it's probably going to get even worse. So, enjoy it while you can I suppose. Although if you're still here even after all this, you probably will.

Seriously though. I loved this game, and it hurts me to see what it's become. Buuuut there's nothing I can do about it. So, no point in trying.

>Inb4 this post gets deleted for going against the norm of the forum.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, ScottTheScout said:

What an insightful and useful response. I'm just telling the man like it is. I barely even post here anyway. Just decided to come look today out of curiosity since the game is almost unplayable now on PC with how little players there are. And I'm not playing on no european servers. Hackers galore. (Nevermind the horrible balancing. But that's just a myth guys. Jason still needs more buffs!) Nice to see this place is still nothing but an echo chamber and any legitimate criticism of the game is answered with "REEEEEEEEE! GO AWAY! COUNSELOR MAIN REEEEEEEE!" Or because you don't like the criticism given you just discredit it as "Not a legitimate criticism". or "Not useful."

This community AND the game is honestly a mess. And honestly it's the devs fault because they share the same mentality of ignoring criticism they don't like. So, I can't even blame you guys for the game's current states. It's all down to how Illfonic and Gun Media handled the whole thing. Now, I guess Black Tower or whoever the hell is in charge of development now.

You probably won't realize how you destroyed the game until they finally add a key for Jason that makes all counselors automatically drop dead. Or an instant escape button for counselors. Since if people are so bad at Jason they need even more buffs they probably aren't that good at counselor either. I'll stop rambling now. Nobody gives a shit anyway lmao. Somebody else has probably explained it better than I'm willing to and nobody listens so, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I give up.

Either way, I'm off now. Have fun with the game. lmao. Not sure how it's still fun for you guys, you must enjoy watching paint dry too. As for me. I'm off to greener pastures. If you enjoy the game in it's current state, then hey. More power to you I guess. But personally, this game is just boring to me now. And it's probably going to get even worse. So, enjoy it while you can I suppose. Although if you're still here even after all this, you probably will.

Seriously though. I loved this game, and it hurts me to see what it's become. Buuuut there's nothing I can do about it. So, no point in trying.

Boohoo, grow up. 

On 3/8/2019 at 4:01 AM, Donmaz7 said:

Hi everone

I quit playing the game for a while and when i came back to play the game, i relized that you can't stun jason or killing him in a rage mode. I find that unfair to the counselor since you make alot of effort to land the hit and that also making it harder and almost impossible to kill him.  I've been playing the game since it came out and it gets boring and boring with every new update. Who is with me at this point? How can i reach gun media to suggest fixing this problem ? cause i don't feel playing the game any more

An easy fix to this problem is to ensure you escape BEFORE HE HITS RAGE MODE.

If Jason really existed, he would absolutely be unstunable when enraged. And while the counselors (victims) would wish they could call and complain to someone, Jason would still kill them, just the same.

Welcome to the horrendously wonderful world of Friday the 13th, friend. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ScottTheScout said:

Hey I’ve always loved the combat aspect of the game on the fact you could fight back against the killer. While I do love the newer patch personally, I still think some adjustments need made. But before the patch, a lot of people could say it was unplayable to play as for Jason because he got smacked around the entire 20 minutes of the game. He was extremely weak!!! Now to make the game more interesting I think tommy and final survivor should exclusively be able to stun a raged Jason. 

P.s. try expressing your concerns in a more polite manner rather than expressing it like a angry child

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Boohoo, grow up. 

1 hour ago, ScottTheScout said:

Back at you.

eld1zo.jpg

• Haha 1

Yeah, sorry you had to come back at such a bad time Don. Unfortunately, Jason whiners are incapable of developing skill in any caliber whatsoever and instead desire victory to be handed to them on a silver platter. I've been steadily playing less and less F13 ever since the patch launched back in January. And let me tell you-- it's heavily killed the PC community. Before the update, the regular amount of consistent players for the game was 600. Now, it's dropped to a mere max of 200 - 250 players. Pretty awful numbers indeed, hmm? (May as well take the game off Steam.)

As a Jason main myself, I understand the issues people were complaining about. For instance, the pinata parties were a problem...when the rare incident occurred in the first place. Counselors spawn separated from each other for a reason. (I'm aware it's not always the case) And if you've actually watched the movies, you'd know that Jason picks off his prey one victim at a time. Enough about that though.

I'm not one of those people who went to the developers, peasantly begging for an overpowered buff. Instead, I, much like many others, adapted and played the game smart. In result, nearly 90% of my Jason matches have ended with 7/7s or 8/8s. And how? I kept good crowd control, actually moved out of the way when a counselor swung their weapon, (before grabbing naturally.) and best of all; didn't require stun immunity to pull two simple tasks off. Heck, there were some instances where I didn't activate rage at all. 

And finally, there's playing as a counselor in the game. (Unless you're that jerk who always leaves when the system doesn't choose you to be Jason.) While I did main Lachappa for a while, I eventually switched over to playing Vanessa for the purpose of playing a hero per se. For greater detail, performing selfless acts and ensuring other players escaping before worrying about myself. You know, acting like a team member! Now, once Jason hits rage, it's not so encouraging. And it's not even just that.

I'm typically the last survivor due to everybody else being dead or escaped. And usually, there's no other method of escape depending on the scenario. I was content with this situation before the Rage update, given I could stun Jason and give a good chase in the process. Now, it's been reduced to a boring game of ring around the Rosie with a couch or table. Less exciting for both the players and ESPECIALLY the spectators.

Quite honestly, I could excuse the godlike buff if the last counselor alive could be exempt from Jason's stun immunity. That's all I want at this point-- a chance to survive when every other player died because they dicked around too much. Give the veteran players who have stuck around your game for this long an opportunity to survive.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Classic Sonic said:

.Quite honestly, I could excuse the godlike buff if the last counselor alive could be exempt from Jason's stun immunity. That's all I want at this point-- a chance to survive when every other player died because they dicked around too much. Give the veteran players who have stuck around your game for this long an opportunity to survive.

You could try developing the skills to survive as a Counselor... saying the other side is whining while you’re whining isn’t very effective. Not that my opinion matters in the least, but I’ve never met a Vanessa player who wasn’t selfish, not saying they don’t exist but based on what you’ve said, I imagine your the sort who blames not escaping on the other Counselors, rather than fixing anything and leaving. 

You’re the one choosing to play Ring Around the Rosie, rather than leaving. The buff isn’t godlike, and your hypocrisy annoys me. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Classic Sonic said:

Jason whiners are incapable of developing skill in any caliber whatsoever and instead desire victory to be handed to them on a silver platter.

. Lets revert back to v1. 

Friendly fire on, no map items, 'vader' grabs and a working block

Then you can complain about counselor whiners instead

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You could try developing the skills to survive as a Counselor... saying the other side is whining while you’re whining isn’t very effective. Not that my opinion matters in the least, but I’ve never met a Vanessa player who wasn’t selfish, not saying they don’t exist but based on what you’ve said, I imagine your the sort who blames not escaping on the other Counselors, rather than fixing anything and leaving. 

You’re the one choosing to play Ring Around the Rosie, rather than leaving. The buff isn’t godlike, and your hypocrisy annoys me. 

Because trying to help everybody else before attending to your own needs is selfish. That's really cute of you to assume though on both matters. It's almost like you didn't read my post either. Come now, I'm sure they teach reading in Canada. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Classic Sonic said:

Because trying to help everybody else before attending to your own needs is selfish. That's really cute of you to assume though on both matters. It's almost like you didn't read my post either. Come now, I'm sure they teach reading in Canada. 

I read your post. I just don’t care what you have to say.

20 hours ago, Classic Sonic said:

Yeah, sorry you had to come back at such a bad time Don. Unfortunately, Jason whiners are incapable of developing skill in any caliber whatsoever and instead desire victory to be handed to them on a silver platter.

Interesting assumption there, any actually facts to back that statement up?

I've been steadily playing less and less F13 ever since the patch launched back in January. And let me tell you-- it's heavily killed the PC community. Before the update, the regular amount of consistent players for the game was 600. Now, it's dropped to a mere max of 200 - 250 players. Pretty awful numbers indeed, hmm? (May as well take the game off Steam.)

Hmmm, I am sensing a pattern here on assumptions.... but seriously numbers were declining on Pc before the patch dropped... on steam the player base gets higher spikes after each patch and then always seems to drop off.

As a Jason main myself, I understand the issues people were complaining about. For instance, the pinata parties were a problem...when the rare incident occurred in the first place.

Unless you play offline every game or quit when ever you aren’t chosen to be Jason there really isn’t a Jason main in the game...... and piniata parties/ beat downs were definitely not a “ RARE” incident...

I'm not one of those people who went to the developers, peasantly begging for an overpowered buff

Who were these terrible people who asked for god like powers ????

Oh wait ....it wasn’t the player base?

It was the developers who wanted Jason to feel/seem more powerful in the game! Oh my god !

(that’s an actual fact...no assumption..)

In all the time I have been on the forum I have never seen or read about anyone asking for God like/ insta- kill powers so.... I think you did that thing again with the assuming....😉

Instead, I, much like many others, adapted and played the game smart. In result, nearly 90% of my Jason matches have ended with 7/7s or 8/8s. And how? I kept good crowd control, actually moved out of the way when a counselor swung their weapon, (before grabbing naturally.) and best of all; didn't require stun immunity to pull two simple tasks off. Heck, there were some instances where I didn't activate rage at all. 

So then since you are such an epic Jason “main” player.... And you didn’t need this “god like buff” and were already getting 7/7 or 8/8 kills huh? 

what did the patch change for you then? 

I will tell you....Nothing! So what are you complaining about?

Since you are a Jason “main”  apparently And can Bulldozer these pathetic Counselor ”mains” and go 7/7 or 8/8 still hmmmm?  Sounds like there is more to your issues with the patch than this......

I'm typically the last survivor due to everybody else being dead or escaped. And usually, there's no other method of escape depending on the scenario. I was content with this situation before the Rage update, given I could stun Jason and give a good chase in the process. Now, it's been reduced to a boring game of ring around the Rosie with a couch or table. Less exciting for both the players and ESPECIALLY the spectators.

....Oh oh now I see what the real problem for you its that you want to be able to Stun Jason again when he is in rage because that’s what you enjoyed....and now happy time is limited to before Jason’s rage activates.....got it.

Now that I understand what kind of player you are all I can say is if you are playing it less that’s a good thing If you can’t understand why the developers wanted to make this change you have missed the entire purpose of this game and how it’s a love letter to The franchise and the character of Jason Voorhees....him getting beat up by teenager stereotypes is not...they aren’t the Stars of the Game.

Quite honestly, I could excuse the godlike buff if the last counselor alive could be exempt from Jason's stun immunity. That's all I want at this point-- a chance to survive when every other player died because they dicked around too much

It sounds like the reason you don’t have a chance to survive is because YOU dicked around too much... you have tons or chances and options to survive you are insisting on one.....being able to beat up the star of the game.........thank god that’s not possible anymore....

cheers enjoy camp  

try not to Ass-ume  So much it’s unhealthy.

P.s. The Rage Buff is definitely not God like in any way Jason can still be stunned and Killed even in Rage so...... yeah definitely not God like unless I missed him having the ability to create life ? or visiting Noah and told him to build an Ark to save one of each animal inhabiting Crystal Lake during one of the cut scenes or intros ? ....😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Interesting assumption there, any actually facts to back that statement up?

Hmmm, I am sensing a pattern here on assumptions.... but seriously numbers were declining on Pc before the patch dropped... on steam the player base gets higher spikes after each patch and then always seems to drop off.

Unless you play offline every game or quit when ever you aren’t chosen to be Jason there really isn’t a Jason main in the game...... and piniata parties/ beat downs were definitely not a “ RARE” incident...

Who were these terrible people who asked for god like powers ????

Oh wait ....it wasn’t the player base? .It was the developers who wanted Jason to feel/seem more powerful in the game!......that’s an actual fact...no assumption..

In all the time I have been on the forum I have never seen or read about anyone asking for God like/ insta- kill powers so.... I think you did that thing again with the assuming....😉

So then since you are such an epic Jason “main” player.... you didn’t need this “god like buff” and were already getting 7/7 or 8/8 kills huh? 

So what did the patch change for you then? 

I will tell you Nothing since you are a Jason “main”  apparently And can Bulldozer these pathetic Counselor ”mains” and go 7/7 or 8/8 still hmmmm?  Sounds like there is more to your issues with the patch than this...

....Oh oh now I see what the real problem for you is you want to be able to Stun Jason again when he is in rage because that’s what you enjoyed....and now happy time is limited to before Jason’s rage activates...

Now that I understand what kind of player you are all I can say is if you are playing it less that’s a good thing If you can’t understand why the developers wanted to make this change you have missed the entire purpose of this game and how it’s a love letter to The franchise and the character of Jason Voorhees....him getting beat up by teenager stereotypes is not...they aren’t the Stars of the Game.

It sounds like the reason you don’t have a chance to survive is because YOU dicked around too much... you have tons or chances and options to survive you are insisting on one.....being able to beat up the star of the game.........thank god that’s not possible anymore....

cheers enjoy camp  

try not to Ass-ume  So much it’s unhealthy.

P.s. The Rage Buff is definitely not God like in any way Jason can still be stunned and Killed even in Rage so...... yeah definitely not God like unless I missed him having the ability to create life ? or visiting Noah and told him to build an Ark to save one of each animal inhabiting Crystal Lake during one of the cut scenes intros ? ....😄

I told myself I wasn't going to respond but GODDAMNIT I fucking have to, because this post is just...UGH! You call him a hypocrite while doing the exact same thing you accused him of. Good job.

Anyway, let's get to what I want to address. First of all.

"Who were these terrible people who asked for god like powers ????"

"Oh wait ....it wasn’t the player base? .It was the developers who wanted Jason to feel/seem more powerful in the game!......that’s an actual fact...no assumption.."

"In all the time I have been on the forum I have never seen or read about anyone asking for God like/ insta- kill powers so.... I think you did that thing again with the assuming....😉"

Are you blind? The devs did it because people were bitching and crying for months that Jason was too weak and that he got bullied by the counselors boo hoo hoo ;( I REALLY hope you're just playing ignorant but somehow I know you aren't.

Next.

"So then since you are such an epic Jason “main” player.... you didn’t need this “god like buff” and were already getting 7/7 or 8/8 kills huh?"

"So what did the patch change for you then?"

"I will tell you Nothing since you are a Jason “main”  apparently And can Bulldozer these pathetic Counselor ”mains” and go 7/7 or 8/8 still hmmmm?  Sounds like there is more to your issues with the patch than this..."

The ISSUE with this patch, is that it makes it unfun for both parties, Jason AND Counselor. Nobody believes this apparently, but even before this buff it was EZ as piss to get 7/7 or 8/8 even with a Jason squad on your ass. But nobody wanted to actually learn how to play Jason, so the devs introduced this buff that REWARDS YOU for being bad. Gone are the days where Jason has to worry about being proficient at combat or even caring about dodging Counselor's blows. He WANTS you to hit him, so he can get rage faster and steamroll the lobby. If he hasn't steamrolled it already. This buff REWARDS JASON for being bad a combat and PUNISHES COUNSELORS for exploiting his lack of skill. I can see why so many of the whiners love this patch. It literally rewards you for being bad and punishes counselors for punishing you. It holds your hand and coddles you. And because of it, the counselors are less inclined to punish you, because it punishes them too. Which I feel is incredibly unfair and honestly stupid. It completely devalues being able to fight with Jason. There's no point in learning how to fight properly anymore when the game rewards you for losing.

And because of this end game is VERY boring and just uneventful to watch. I'll get to that later though when I address another point you made.

Anyways, next.

"You have missed the entire purpose of this game and how it’s a love letter to The franchise and the character of Jason Voorhees....him getting beat up by teenager stereotypes is not...they aren’t the Stars of the Game."

What Friday movies have you been watching? The ones I've seen either end with Jason getting his ass beat by a teenage girl or Tommy Jarvis. Everyone seems to have this deluded view of Jason, it's really weird it's like some fucking mandela effect. Everyone thinks Jason is some unstoppable god of death or something. I hate to burst your bubble but, Jason loses at the end of every movie. So, trying to bring the movies into this is a pretty terrible argument. If you want to go that route the counselors should win by default every game because that's how the movies go. Sure, some of them die, but one always wins in the end.

Moreso, this patch also makes the game even LESS like the movies and I'll explain why. Remember those games before the patch where people would just ring Jason around as Vanessa without even trying to stun him? Remember how boring that was to watch? Well, now that's what you're inclined to do for the whole game, because you're punished for fighting Jason. And once he gets rage he can just M1 everyone with little resistance. (Seriously, I know alot of the community follows this dumb "No slashing" rule, but this buff makes slashing even more of a viable tactic. I never minded slashers myself but, I can't deny this update makes slashing even easier. Atleast before you could counter it by stunning Jason. Now though once he's got you stunlocked you're pretty much screwed since he can interrupt your heals and, well, if he's in rage you can't stun him. So you literally cannot stop him.)

Now, this rage buff removes what I call the "Final Showdowns." You know how in the movies the movie usually ends with Jason having one final showdown with the last survivor? Ah yes, that was my favorite scene from Part 6. When Tommy ringed Jason around the table for 5 whole minutes. Best part of the movie. Or when Chris Higgins looped Jason through the main cabin multiple times. Jokes aside, those final showdowns were thrilling for me as both counselor and Jason. And this buff completely removes them. Gone are the adrenaline rushing final showdowns with Jason as the clock ticks down trying to hold out until the sun rises. Now its been replaced with just briskly jogging away from him for minutes on end. During those final showdowns I actually felt like I was the protagonist of a Friday movie having that epic final showdown with Jason. I FELT like I was actually in the movies. But now that feeling is completely gone, and it makes me sad. As for the Jason side, there's no satisfactions in it either. It's boring if my prey can't fight back AT ALL. Where's the sport in that?

"Jason can still be stunned and Killed even in Rage so......"

No, no he can't EXCEPT with a shotgun. I don't even need to go into how stupid that is. The only time you can stun him with any other weapon once he's in rage, is if you knock his mask off. Otherwise, yeah, hitting him does jack for shit.

Overall, my main complaint is that this update needlessly removes options for counselors and devalues skill as Jason. Counselors no longer have the option of fight or flight, which makes for very boring games when the only option is to briskly jog away. As for Jason, what's the point of learning how to fight when they get punished for exploiting your lack of skill anyway? The game does it for you!

I don't really have much else to say on the matter, I'll fully admit I am terrible at structuring posts but I just HAD to say something. Because this post bothered the shit out of me. Yes, it's sad and pathetic. And I probably shouldn't have even bothered typing it out but. Well, I already put the effort into it so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Too late now.

• Like 9

If ppl would spend half as much time playing as they do crying and acting entitled in forums they'd realize it isn't that big of a buff.  I still escape as much as before playing as any counselor.  It comes down to luck and the skill of the Jason player like it always did.  To quote Carlin, "calm down... have some dip."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ScottTheScout said:

]

The ISSUE with this patch, is that it makes it unfun for both parties, Jason AND Counselor. Nobody believes this apparently, but even before this buff it was EZ as piss to get 7/7 or 8/8 even with a Jason squad on your ass. But nobody wanted to actually learn how to play Jason 

Easy as piss my ass..

Lets be real.  How 'easy' it was depends on how the counselors players.  And the only reason it was so easy to attack Jason is due to engine update that broke his block and altered his grab speed/radius.

Before that update Jason could quick block very easily.  And his grab was so quick, he could grab someone in a group of counselors and kill them before anyone could free them.  Try hard counselors would literally hide behind doors to hit Jason instead of rushing to attack him because of his grab.

Now, his block is too slow.. And his grab is slower and easily punishable.  Which lead to counselors being way more aggressive.

This games when it was released heavily favored Jason over Counselors.  It was the counselors that kept getting things made easier for them as time went by, from Maps showing objective items when dropped to removal of friendly fire.  And of course the engine update/grab change that tilted the combat mechanics in counselors favor.

Anyone that says.  "Nobody actually wanted to learn how to play as Jason"...  Must have not been playing this game that long.    

• Like 1