VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Jolly's March 2019 Gameplay Suggestions/Balance Changes

Keep in mind I haven't played since last October, but I have kept up-to-date with frequent forum visits. So here's what I gather are some changes that could help the current state of the game. This is not including outright bugs or glitches or gameplay exploits(save one) but balance issues.

Jason:

• Bring back Rage stuns but significantly nerf the stun chance to something like 1/4th the weapons' original values.
  • In Rage, Jason cannot be knocked flat on his back, he only does the standing-type stuns. This will also help either negate or mitigate the shotgun-kneel-kill exploit.
  • Perhaps even reduce stun duration even further than Rage already reduces them.
  • Throwing knives can break the phone box. Great for stopping the call in a pinch.
  • Throwing knives can stall the boat's motor.
  • + Grip Strength Jasons do not drop counselors in their grip when another counselor attacks Jason and fails to trigger a stun. If a stun is triggered, the counselor is dropped. - Grip Strength and normal Grip act as per normal right now.
  • I heard Jason "body blocking" by using a held counselor as a shield was removed. If so, bring that back.
  • Jason's modified attack animations prevent him from being able to smash windows above his head(Packanack main lodge, Higgin's haven main house are the primary offenders). Jason's original attack animations would allow him to break windows above his head but this changed when the window smash prompt was introduced. Modify window hitboxes and maybe weapon hitboxes to allow Jason to smash windows above his head.

Counselors:

• No more invisible barriers around windows when a counselor is mid-animation for climbing/jumping through it. If you(Gun/Illfonic/Black Tower, whoever) are worried about glitches associate with the window smash prompt, consider somehow negating the activation of that button by disabling its functionality until the counselor model finishes the animation, rather than put a literal barrier around it as it is now. This barrier acts like a shield for counselors. It's a lot smaller than it was when the window smash prompt was first introduced, but it still exists.
  • Completely change Composure. Right now more composure = longer to reach full Fear but also longer to recover from full Fear. The inverse is true for low Composure: Short time to reach full Fear but short time to recover from full Fear. I deduce that this is because Composure is a "meter" and composure rating makes the meter bigger or smaller but Fear still accumulates at the same rate for everyone. Change this so that every counselor has the same Fear/Composure meter in "points value" per se, but Composure rating would change how quickly or slowly those points accumulate. As a spitball example, if it takes Jenny(10 Composure) 2 minutes to reach full Fear effect, Jenny should recover from fear as fast as Chad does(1 composure). So change the points accumulation and depletion rate for each counselor so that they accumulate and deplete Fear points to sort of the inverse of what it is now. Jenny would take a long time to reach full Fear and quickly recover from Fear, and Chad would reach full Fear quickly and take a long time to recover from Fear. Medium counselors like Kenny would be unaffected since they are in the middle(5 Composure).
  • If Rage stuns aren't changed too much as they are now, maybe add a 1% stun chance per-point in the Luck attribute once Rage occurs in the match. Say 1 luck gives a flat 1% stun chance rate for melee weapons and 10 Luck gives a 10% stun chance, and so on for the in-between values. This bonus would only be applied after Rage occurs(so no stacking with perks for the early game). I would say only do this if Rage isn't changed from what it is now.
  • If possible, allow pocket knives to work in water. Theoretically I don't think it would be too hard to implement; when Jason activates the "kill counselor" button in water, it would swap to the grab animation(like on land) and trigger the knife extraction animation. The counselor would plop back into water and once Jason's animation is done so would he. Since you don't see anything below Jason's head/chest, this probably won't look too wonky or weird. Now, I don't know if this would cause a weird glitch like flying counselors/Jason or whatever but if it can be implemented without glitches then I say go for it.
  • Like 2

I actually like this, but it seems like it would take some work, and judging how they just went straight to “no stuns in rage good ideas like this just get ignored

17 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

In Rage, Jason cannot be knocked flat on his back, he only does the standing-type stuns. This will also help either negate or mitigate the shotgun-kneel-kill exploit.

Actually this still works even if Jason doesn't fall on his back and in my opinion isn't all that much of an exploit in the first place considering 99.9% of the time Jason is dead if his mask is off and he's within shooting range, subject to the stun chance of the weapon that drops him, of course.

Completely change Composure

As far as I can remember composure is completely thrown out the window as soon as the counselor takes some damage. Also worth noting the true no fear build only works on Jenny. And she's pretty easy to catch so...

If possible, allow pocket knives to work in water

Have you ever tried reaching into the pocket of your wet jeans while treading water? And after you retrieve the pocket knife then you'd have to open it... I'm good with the pocket knife not working in water. That's not too unrealistic.

I heard Jason "body blocking" by using a held counselor as a shield was removed. If so, bring that back.

This I like...

Grip Strength Jasons do not drop counselors in their grip when another counselor attacks Jason and fails to trigger a stun. If a stun is triggered, the counselor is dropped. - Grip Strength and normal Grip act as per normal right now.

Maybe this...

Bring back Rage stuns but significantly nerf the stun chance to something like 1/4th the weapons' original values.

and possibly this...

• Like 1

All good ideas.

Much like your ideas for 4 strengths/weaknesses over the years.

Problem is they'll fall on deaf ears, not be seen or take 6 months to implement per single change of gameplay. No offense intended of course.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Have you ever tried reaching into the pocket of your wet jeans while treading water? And after you retrieve the pocket knife then you'd have to open it... I'm good with the pocket knife not working in water. That's not too unrealistic.

Have you ever tried reaching into the pocket of your dry jeans while being held by the throat of a 7ft tall undead/feral psycho goalie? And after you retrieve the pocket knife then you'd have to open it... I'm good with the pocket knife being removed from that aspect of play. It's too unrealistic.

57 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Have you ever tried reaching into the pocket of your dry jeans while being held by the throat of a 7ft tall undead/feral psycho goalie? And after you retrieve the pocket knife then you'd have to open it... I'm good with the pocket knife being removed from that aspect of play. It's too unrealistic.

Then that’ll completely eliminate getting out of a grab. I definitely don’t think that should be eliminated.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:53 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Keep in mind I haven't played since last October, but I have kept up-to-date with frequent forum visits. So here's what I gather are some changes that could help the current state of the game. This is not including outright bugs or glitches or gameplay exploits(save one) but balance issues.

Jason:

• Bring back Rage stuns but significantly nerf the stun chance to something like 1/4th the weapons' original values.
  • In Rage, Jason cannot be knocked flat on his back, he only does the standing-type stuns. This will also help either negate or mitigate the shotgun-kneel-kill exploit.
  • Perhaps even reduce stun duration even further than Rage already reduces them.
  • Throwing knives can break the phone box. Great for stopping the call in a pinch.
  • Throwing knives can stall the boat's motor.
  • + Grip Strength Jasons do not drop counselors in their grip when another counselor attacks Jason and fails to trigger a stun. If a stun is triggered, the counselor is dropped. - Grip Strength and normal Grip act as per normal right now.
  • I heard Jason "body blocking" by using a held counselor as a shield was removed. If so, bring that back.
  • Jason's modified attack animations prevent him from being able to smash windows above his head(Packanack main lodge, Higgin's haven main house are the primary offenders). Jason's original attack animations would allow him to break windows above his head but this changed when the window smash prompt was introduced. Modify window hitboxes and maybe weapon hitboxes to allow Jason to smash windows above his head.

Counselors:

• No more invisible barriers around windows when a counselor is mid-animation for climbing/jumping through it. If you(Gun/Illfonic/Black Tower, whoever) are worried about glitches associate with the window smash prompt, consider somehow negating the activation of that button by disabling its functionality until the counselor model finishes the animation, rather than put a literal barrier around it as it is now. This barrier acts like a shield for counselors. It's a lot smaller than it was when the window smash prompt was first introduced, but it still exists.
  • Completely change Composure. Right now more composure = longer to reach full Fear but also longer to recover from full Fear. The inverse is true for low Composure: Short time to reach full Fear but short time to recover from full Fear. I deduce that this is because Composure is a "meter" and composure rating makes the meter bigger or smaller but Fear still accumulates at the same rate for everyone. Change this so that every counselor has the same Fear/Composure meter in "points value" per se, but Composure rating would change how quickly or slowly those points accumulate. As a spitball example, if it takes Jenny(10 Composure) 2 minutes to reach full Fear effect, Jenny should recover from fear as fast as Chad does(1 composure). So change the points accumulation and depletion rate for each counselor so that they accumulate and deplete Fear points to sort of the inverse of what it is now. Jenny would take a long time to reach full Fear and quickly recover from Fear, and Chad would reach full Fear quickly and take a long time to recover from Fear. Medium counselors like Kenny would be unaffected since they are in the middle(5 Composure).
  • If Rage stuns aren't changed too much as they are now, maybe add a 1% stun chance per-point in the Luck attribute once Rage occurs in the match. Say 1 luck gives a flat 1% stun chance rate for melee weapons and 10 Luck gives a 10% stun chance, and so on for the in-between values. This bonus would only be applied after Rage occurs(so no stacking with perks for the early game). I would say only do this if Rage isn't changed from what it is now.
  • If possible, allow pocket knives to work in water. Theoretically I don't think it would be too hard to implement; when Jason activates the "kill counselor" button in water, it would swap to the grab animation(like on land) and trigger the knife extraction animation. The counselor would plop back into water and once Jason's animation is done so would he. Since you don't see anything below Jason's head/chest, this probably won't look too wonky or weird. Now, I don't know if this would cause a weird glitch like flying counselors/Jason or whatever but if it can be implemented without glitches then I say go for it.

I like most of your ideas except freeing counselors from Jason’s grip, and throwing knives working on phone box and boat motor. All your other ideas were pretty good I think. 

Reason why I don’t like the idea of not allowing counselors to free others from his grip, I actually hate this idea. If a counselor does their job and hits Jason at the right time when he grabs someone they should be saved because they were there at the right place and time. This is overkill not allowing counselors to free others from his grip without a stun tbh

i don’t like how throwing knives could stall the boat or phone. He can already teleport and morph and move fast in water if you use the right Jason. 

As far as your other ideas I’d modify it a little bit myself but I liked them. Good thread. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Then that’ll completely eliminate getting out of a grab. I definitely don’t think that should be eliminated.

I was making a satire of your previous post. 👍

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Reason why I don’t like the idea of not allowing counselors to free others from his grip, I actually hate this idea. If a counselor does their job and hits Jason at the right time when he grabs someone they should be saved because they were there at the right place and time. This is overkill not allowing counselors to free others from his grip without a stun tbh

My idea was specifically for +Grip Strength(Grip Strength as a Strength) since Grip Strength is kind of a non-issue unless you want to go for environmental kills. Just wanted to make Grip Strength matter a bit more.

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

With the new grab animation the counselor has enough time to open the pocket knife and whittle a flute out of a tree branch before Jason can actually kill them...