21 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Also to say something like "There are other games that never got DLC and it's playerbase was still going strong." That's all subjective depending on what games you are referring to. Most game developers probably spent a crucial amount of time and money making sure that game got enough variety before release that it probably got to the point it didn't need much future content.

Because a bunch of illiterate screwheads read "end of content" as "end of game"... and ran with it... does not make them right. Repeating something over and over again does not make it right either.... It is perfectly observable that this game is NOT dead... as people are still playing it.
    And a great many games NEVER got any DLCs... and people still played them.
   Too many people cry about this game being dead... and as I said, they were doing it before I even bought the game. People are still playing it... so... NOT DEAD. Denial of this illustrates a lack of understanding of what the word "dead" means... Like it or not... dead is dead... and death IS FINAL.
   No matter what you or anybody else say... you cannot just change the meaning of words to suit your needs.

While the legal status of the IP is up in the air.... it is ridiculously stupid for GUN... or ANY other company for that matter... to be talking about their plans for the IP in question. IF they were going to do anything AT ALL... NON OF US would be hearing ANYTHING about it until after a deal with ALL involved parties is reached.

21 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

He's not far off of being wrong.

There is no such thing as "not far off of being wrong"... Someone is either correct, or incorrect... there is no middle ground and no grey area here. If you are not correct... you would then be WRONG.
   Also... different people find replayability at different levels.... The people here who continue to play this game... enjoy it enough to continue playing the game... when they find it boring they will move on... but just because any one person moves on... does not mean another does not continue... or another starts and finds it to their liking.
  Also... Many people look at the steam charts to see how many people are playing... and see a number... let's just say 350 for the sake of argument. These same people then assume there is only 350 people that still play the game... They would also be WRONG. If I need to explain why... then you probably would not understand the explanation.
   Also... when exactly was this game ever thriving?... The steam chart number of players on at any given time has NEVER been much over 500 since I bought the game that I have seen... Although I may have missed it jump ever so briefly above that... it would not have been by much.

16 minutes ago, Ahab said:

While the legal status of the IP is up in the air.... it is ridiculously stupid for GUN... or ANY other company for that matter... to be talking about their plans for the IP in question. IF they were going to do anything AT ALL... NON OF US would be hearing ANYTHING about it until after a deal with ALL involved parties is reached.

I agree with the rest too, but felt this part could especially use repeating. 

I will add that even saying they won’t do something in the future should also fall into this category but then again that’s just ‘like my opinion, man’, and their actions are contrary to it. 

Even when the game is dead, I’ll be playing bots and SPC’s, I’d better get a sandbox mode right near the end or I’m going to be pissed about it but I’ll still be playing regardless. I’ll just find mods that have the Pubs as the Counselors, lol. (Jk)

22 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I agree with the rest too, but felt this part could especially use repeating. 

I will add that even saying they won’t do something in the future should also fall into this category but then again that’s just ‘like my opinion, man’, and their actions are contrary to it. 

Even when the game is dead, I’ll be playing bots and SPC’s, I’d better get a sandbox mode right near the end or I’m going to be pissed about it but I’ll still be playing regardless. I’ll just find mods that have the Pubs as the Counselors, lol. (Jk)

Bots would be a lot more fun if they were a little more challenging. Giving every counselor pocket-knives and FA spray does not make them harder to kill, it makes them annoying.

It's similar to the live counselors that believe themselves to be high-skilled because they jump out of 2nd story windows and heal up after landing, or because they loop in and out of windows and taunt Jason with their flashlight. You're not skilled, you're annoying, and there is a big difference between "annoying" and "skilled".

Still waiting for SPC kills to get implemented to MP. This would give a little more life to the game.

8 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Still waiting for SPC kills to get implemented to MP. This would give a little more life to the game.

Good point !!

@mattshotcha any chance some of the kills in Single player challenges could be added to multiplayer maps?

13 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Bots would be a lot more fun if they were a little more challenging. Giving every counselor pocket-knives and FA spray does not make them harder to kill, it makes them annoying.

It's similar to the live counselors that believe themselves to be high-skilled because they jump out of 2nd story windows and heal up after landing, or because they loop in and out of windows and taunt Jason with their flashlight. You're not skilled, you're annoying, and there is a big difference between "annoying" and "skilled".

A highly skilled player knows how to reduce the likelihood of getting killed by Jason. Jumping out of a window and healing is not so much skill as it is strategy.

58 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If they ever let us try to kill them as Counselors they might offer more of a challenge. 

I agree though, their idea of making them harder was laughable. Not that I don’t think it could be done, I’m pretty sure they’re capable of more than what we see. I spent some time trying to pitch mini games specifically to improve them but different modes weren’t in our future by then. 

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:53 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Even after multiplayer is finished... will mods be allowed?.... Who knows... I would like to hope that mods would be allowed for the single player at least.

20 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Some of the "special kills" from SPC could indeed work well as environment kills... They are in the game already after all.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Even after multiplayer is finished... will mods be allowed?.... Who knows... I would like to hope that mods would be allowed for the single player at least.

I was mostly joking but they’ll happen on PC regardless of if they’re allowed. 

• Like 1

A game lasting only 2yrs is pretty awful.  It's not dead but it is overrun by screwballs. It will only get worse through the month.

Hell, game are not like the old days. Even quake 3 and halflife deathmatch are still active now.

On 3/14/2019 at 4:32 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Good point !!

@mattshotcha any chance some of the kills in Single player challenges could be added to multiplayer maps?

Can you imagine how dope it would be if you could sneak up behind a counselor that's trying to repair a generator, wait until they fix it, then kick/push/shove them into it, frying their ass like a chicken and shutting the power back off at the same time?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Can you imagine how dope it would be if you could sneak up behind a counselor that's trying to repair a generator, wait until they fix it, then kick/push/shove them into it, frying their ass like a chicken and shutting the power back off at the same time?

Feel the same way about the car hood kill on the first challenge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

Feel the same way about the car hood kill on the first challenge.

How about that boat Propeller kill??? Or barn hanging, or the any objectives that require fill gas Jason can Dump it on them and set them ablaze!!

those would all be amazing to have in multiplayer.... 

Definitely tyrant666....this would be so awesome.....it would raise the risk reward level of repairing the objectives / items that could have environmentally kills attached to them!

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Oh I am giddy with the thoughts of these kills added to multiple player I really hope the developers implement this idea because it’s a very good one...... I think this along with either allowing Jason to toggle Stalk / or give Stalk to Jason Earlier in the match should go hand and hand with each other.

@mattshotcha super good ideas in this thread what do you think? Possibility?

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:49 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

How about that boat Propeller kill???

Counselor players might stay away from the boat propeller if they hear it running... but many of the other kills could be used.
   The car hood crushing the player's head... grabbing someone fixing a battery now has an environment kill right there.
   The rock in the wheel barrel... just a good environment kill... with a big frickin' rock.
   Hanging "Chad" over the fire by the ankles... perhaps replaces the fire poker environment kill at certain campfires?
   The hammer kill from the Vacation house basement could be implemented anywhere a toolbox is.
    and let's not forget the roto tiller kill...

But others just would not work... like dropping the car off the jack onto someone's head. With the prerequisite of someone being under the car for this one... I doubt anyone will be crawling under a car... and the cars are not up on jack's anyway.
   The woodchipper would be great too... but requires it to be turned on first... and counselor players might keep clear of it if it is on.

Would still be very cool to see at least some of these added to multiplayer if it was possible... But how often do we even see environment kills?... They can sometimes be a rarity unto themselves in the first place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Counselor players might stay away from the boat propeller if they hear it running... but many of the other kills could be used.
   The car hood crushing the player's head... grabbing someone fixing a battery now has an environment kill right there.
   The rock in the wheel barrel... just a good environment kill... with a big frickin' rock.
   Hanging "Chad" over the fire by the ankles... perhaps replaces the fire poker environment kill at certain campfires?
   The hammer kill from the Vacation house basement could be implemented anywhere a toolbox is.
    and let's not forget the roto tiller kill...

But others just would not work... like dropping the car off the jack onto someone's head. With the prerequisite of someone being under the car for this one... I doubt anyone will be crawling under a car... and the cars are not up on jack's anyway.
   The woodchipper would be great too... but requires it to be turned on first... and counselor players might keep clear of it if it is on.

Would still be very cool to see at least some of these added to multiplayer if it was possible... But how often do we even see environment kills?... They can sometimes be a rarity unto themselves in the first place.

Definitely agree!

I try my best to incorporate environmental kills any chance I can I especially love the screwdriver to the head when near a tool box or the kitchen knives and stove top kills.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Definitely agree!

I try my best to incorporate environmental kills any chance I can I especially love the screwdriver to the head when near a tool box or the kitchen knives and stove top kills.

I try to use environment kills whenever possible... but many times, they are not an option. The swirly is my favorite... but I will also try to "cook" bunny wabbits whenever possible... But some players are just a hassle to catch once, let alone several times... so if an environment kill is not nearby, they will have to put up with the generic weapon kills.
   Herding players to environment kills becomes more difficult when those players know what you are up to... but I still try.

1 minute ago, Ahab said:

I try to use environment kills whenever possible... but many times, they are not an option. The swirly is my favorite... but I will also try to "cook" bunny wabbits whenever possible... But some players are just a hassle to catch once, let alone several times... so if an environment kill is not nearby, they will have to put up with the generic weapon kills.
   Herding players to environment kills becomes more difficult when those players know what you are up to... but I still try.

The other day I was near the grave yard and haven’t see the fence post impalement kill in quite a while so when I came across an A.J. there I had to make That attempt I should have knife her first but I got alittle over zealous and shift grabbed her and attempted to walk to the fence... she broke free and I was able to pull off another grab but was to far from the fence to try again....I was quite distraught lol I had to machete her head off instead...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I came across an A.J. there I had to make That attempt I should have knife her first but I got alittle over zealous and shift grabbed her and attempted to walk to the fence.

Impatience will yield less environment kills... Always better to limp them first if possible. So many times I have grabbed someone right beside an environment kill only to receive a pocket knife for my troubles... But if they were limping they would not have gotten far, unless they had med sprays of course. There always seems to be an "if" or an "unless" in there... but if we do not try for environment kills, we will never see many of them.

• Like 1

This might be outside the scope currently. Considering that the environmental kills would require a counselor to need to interact with the item, since you won't be catching them off guard like bots. That means we need to motivate counselor players into using the items in the first place. So this is probably not something you'd see implemented at this time.

34 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

This might be outside the scope currently. Considering that the environmental kills would require a counselor to need to interact with the item, since you won't be catching them off guard like bots. That means we need to motivate counselor players into using the items in the first place. So this is probably not something you'd see implemented at this time.

With some I agree, but the car hood slam? Or the electrical box kill? Or the vacation house hammer kill ?or wheel barrel rock kills?  As @Ahab suggested these could be incorporated as Grab environmental kills...

I definitely agree with you about a few of them needing interactions with players but there are quite a few that would make amazing environment kills and go a long way to bring something new to multiplayer that is not affected by the no new content issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I definitely agree with you about a few of them needing interactions with players but there are quite a few that would make amazing environment kills and go a long way to bring something new to multiplayer that is not affected by the no new content issues.

Yep, I want the maps far more than the kills but leave them in and we’re all happy. 😊 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:06 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

With some I agree, but the car hood slam? Or the electrical box kill? Or the vacation house hammer kill ?or wheel barrel rock kills?  As @Ahab suggested these could be incorporated as Grab environmental kills...

While many of them could be made to function like the other environment kills... The real question is how much work would it take to do it? If it is a lot of work, then this also translates to a lot of money... and then the question becomes... Is it worth doing this?
   While I would love to see some in game assets used in a different way as suggested above... The possibility... and the likelihood are still rather iffy... But it would be awesome to see these as environment kills in regular multiplayer... We just would not see them very often... which also has to be considered for the... Is it worth doing this? question.
   I mean... really... how many environment kills (besides the window toss) do we see in any one match?... I would love to see more, but many Jason players rarely seem to even attempt to use them. In many of my own matches, I am lucky to get two of them (besides the window tosses of course).

On 3/20/2019 at 4:52 PM, Ahab said:

While many of them could be made to function like the other environment kills... The real question is how much work would it take to do it? If it is a lot of work, then this also translates to a lot of money... and then the question becomes... Is it worth doing this

I agree that this may be a possible case of “is this worth it.” I definitely feel it is worth it.....this would be huge for the fan base after the no new content ruling...adding something new and fresh to the existing properties multiplayer mode.

I would like to think that Gun is paying Black Tower whether they are doing generally bug fixes or adjusting/ reworking code or adding existing code to other locations.....  so money I hope wouldn’t be an issue... time I would understand would be needed.

While I would love to see some in game assets used in a different way as suggested above... The possibility... and the likelihood are still rather iffy... But it would be awesome to see these as environment kills in regular multiplayer... We just would not see them very often...

Also agree, but with more options this could increase chances to see more environmental kills especially  tied to actual repairing objectives situations ....😉

which also has to be considered for the... Is it worth doing this? question.
   I mean... really... how many environment kills (besides the window toss) do we see in any one match?... I would love to see more, but many Jason players rarely seem to even attempt to use them. In many of my own matches, I am lucky to get two of them (besides the window tosses of course).

I really hate the window toss kill unless it’s used from a second story building....I do enjoy using it on Packanak second story bedrooms....😏

but when used when the window is open or even shut at gound level it is a very mediocre kill......that and the one handed choke infuriate me.... if the one handed choke had a cool throw to the ground animation with it perhaps it wouldn’t bother me so much....

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

with more options this could increase chances to see more environmental kills especially  tied to actual repairing objectives situations

But it shouldn't need to be tied to the repair. Just using the open hood of the car with someone in your grasp like any other environment kill should be enough for that animation... it starts off close enough to where it can take over from the grab animation.
   This is my point with most of them... There are probably a few that the start of the animations might look weird coming out of a grab... so don't bother with those. There are several like the car hood kill that could just have the animation start with an environment kill prompt over the spot where the animation starts... by the car... or tool box for the hammer kill... or the wheel barrel for the big frickin' rock kill, but the rock would need to be in the wheel barrel beforehand or it would look weird... Even the hanging kill could be worked to start from a counselor in his grip... but he hits a switch or something to hang her... so that would be tied to that spot in the Higgins barn specifically, but perhaps could be placed in the Pinehurst barn as well?
    The power box kill would require starting the animation with the closeup of Jason after he turns Mitch around... with him in the grip with Jason's left arm in the shot... from here it could work for use with someone in Jason's grip and still look good.

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

but with more options this could increase chances to see more environmental kills especially  tied to actual repairing objectives situations 

Good point... High traffic areas do generate more of a chance of the kill being used... Sneaking up behind a lone counselor putting in a part is child's play when you have the opportunity to do it.
   But it could also just be good to get some existing environment kills moved around to more high traffic areas... but what is high traffic for a spot other than where objectives are... another couple of coat hangers inside Jason's shack would be nice... perhaps a couple more tree stumps near the shack as well, and one or two along the path to the shack... 
   Maybe put the head smash kill on some of the night tables... or something.
   One thing they never did... specific weapon kills as an environment kill. There is a pick axe beside the barn that can be used as a random pick axe kill triggered by an environment kill and useable by any Jason not already using a pick axe... Or the same thing for an axe in a tree stump that can be used as an environment kill randomly chosen from the static kills for that weapon... useable by any Jason using a different weapon... Of course, the counselors would not be able to use these weapons... and they would end up in the same spot they were in at the start of the kill.

but when used when the window is open or even shut at found level it is a very mediocre kill......that and the one handed choke infuriate me.... if the one handed choke had a cool throw to the ground animation with it perhaps it wouldn’t bother me so much....

The window kill was always the cheesiest of cheesy kills... but it is the easiest environment kill to get, windows are everywhere.
   The choke is a reliance kill... It is, for the most part... your only chance to get off a grab kill when fighting a mob... so I will always keep it on every Jason. I just try not to use it unless I really have to... But I have had games in which almost every counselor received the asphyxiate kill due to... circumstances.

I definitely feel it is worth it.....this would be huge for the fan base after the no new content ruling...adding something new and fresh to the existing properties multiplayer mode.

I agree... but the only answers to that question that matters will come from the devs. If they do not think it is worth it, it will never happen.
    It would be nice to see they added something that they could do... if they could do it. But they are doing a perk rework right now besides... bugs and stuff.
    Some might even complain about too many environment kills if more were added... No break free chance when you are grabbed right beside one... but still a chance someone could hit him and free you... I have had quite a few players shout out "that's bullshit!" when I grabbed them beside an environment kill... its just as quick as asphyxiate when you grab them in the prompt spot.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ahab said:

One thing they never did... specific weapon kills as an environment kill. There is a pick axe beside the barn that can be used as a random pick axe kill triggered by an environment kill and useable by any Jason not already using a pick axe... Or the same thing for an axe in a tree stump that can be used as an environment kill randomly chosen from the static kills for that weapon... useable by any Jason using a different weapon... Of course, the counselors would not be able to use these weapons... and they would end up in the same spot they were in at the start of the kill.

I agree on all points. And absolutely wish this was in the game I would have been a great way to have a variety of weapon environmental kills available to Jason on all maps..... man this definitely should have been a thing especially since they decided to have Jason’s locked into one weapon per match.

• Thanks 1