Dogmatic

Friday the 13th releasing on Nintendo Switch this Spring

@mattshotcha, sorry to hear you were out sick and thank you for taking the time to answer the communities questions so late into the night. (If it’s night where you are.) Get well soon. 

PS. That was not a soon joke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

He wasn’t complete, and he wasn’t fully functional. He also was never released, never available by standard means. I’m not sure I understand why you say released isn’t the case, because it is. He was never released for download. I can’t speak to Killer Puzzle as I do not work for them.

Also, we really need to move away from wording such as “you decided” etc. I think it’s imperative that the community understand that when an event such as this comes up, it’s serious. There was a court case, with lawyers involved. Gun is an indie pub. We aim to stay in business, as any business would. And as far as Jason X appearing at some later date, it falls under the same as any other content. Ceased, as we’ve spent too much time as it is.

Regardless, we have made this known. The team has stated on numerous occasions what I’ve stated here. Since I’ve started at Gun I feel as if I’ve addressed this at least once a day, every day. I appreciate your civility, but I can’t change the answer. 

I hope that answers your question.

EDIT: @F134Ever86 I’m not sure. There’s higher priority items right now. But I can check with the team.

Everybody (clearly) wants Uber J. I wish they could just find some way to let it go and make it happen. Maybe it would keep you from being relentlessly pestered over it lol. Or maybe everyone would hit you up for other stuff after that. These are rabid Jason fans we are talking about here, myself included. It's crazy we get all the Jasons in this game except the ONE everybody totally wants to rampage a camp with. But that's life.

2 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

@Slasher_Clone i think you meant Soon™

Lol, doing the trademark thing on my IPad screen is a pain and I definitely said I wasn’t. They’d have to send me on vacation if I made a Soon™ joke about Matt’s health, I meant what I said, I hope he gets better quickly. 

I can be mad at someone for not getting my point and appreciate them for taking time. Especially when they’re not feeling well, to answer questions for other people. He gave good answers, even if he missed what Daddy J was saying about Uber being in the files and those answers are expected.

I appreciate you dropping that video in, it was well timed. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, NightmareFuel said:

Everybody (clearly) wants Uber J. I wish they could just find some way to let it go and make it happen. Maybe it would keep you from being relentlessly pestered over it lol. Or maybe everyone would hit you up for other stuff after that. These are rabid Jason fans we are talking about here, myself included. It's crazy we get all the Jasons in this game except the ONE everybody totally wants to rampage a camp with. But that's life.

I just want his kills. 😝 

I'm rather interested in this. Sure the Burning/Savini jason isn't apart of it, but I like the concept of expanding the base who has access to the game.

I don't recall if WiiU was apart of the backing, but if it was, it'd make sense to move it to Switch.

That said, this is a very interesting development... I mean, there this is new content. I really am curious what this means...

tumblr_m4agsic3gt1rp5wuso1_500.gif

There are two videos that were done by two different members of the community. I won't link them here because they will just be deleted. They were done by two very different members of the community. One who taught exploits and the other who was just one of the many disgruntled members we've had here over the course of 2017 and beyond.

Bottom line, is they both pretty much highlighted what the community was angry about. One of the videos was done with a bit of objectivity and the other was done as more of a conspiracy theory that the game was always meant to be done with ill intent.

Matt, if you're ever interested. I recommend digging up those two videos on youtube to see exactly why some of the community has it in for the company.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

They also have had great success with licensed IPs, namely The Warriors.

Oh snap, I had no clue there was a Warriors video game. One of my favorite movies as a kid growing up.. 🍻

@tyrant666 no no, please not the watches again... 😁

On 3/4/2019 at 11:22 AM, mattshotcha said:

It isn't new content. It's all existing content being brought over to another format.

There will not be anything in the Switch version that doesn't exist in other versions already released.

EDIT: also, new code is not new content as long as it isn't coding in an element that didn't previously exist. This is the same manner in which we are allowed to make bug fixes and balancing changes.

Don't know if this has been asked yet, but will Savini Jason be in the Switch version? I bought him on BackerKit so I'm not a sore gamer that missed the boat asking for hand-outs. If he's available, I wonder how the devs would handle his inclusion. Available for all or locked to backers somehow?

EDIT: I read some of the earlier posts in the thread and my advice is that sometimes it is best to disengage from the conversation. From a developer talking to fans/players, sometimes it's best to clarify your original intention and abstain from engaging in an argument to settle a misunderstanding.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Don't know if this has been asked yet, but will Savini Jason be in the Switch version? I bought him on BackerKit so I'm not a sore gamer that missed the boat asking for hand-outs. If he's available, I wonder how the devs would handle his inclusion. Available for all or locked to backers somehow?

They covered it in the Beyond stream. Savini and the backer clothing will not be included. As Wes explained, when you bought Savini the first time you selected your version, either console or PC. There was no option for Switch, and so he won’t be included.

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

They covered it in the Beyond stream. Savini and the backer clothing will not be included. As Wes explained, when you bought Savini the first time you selected your version, either console or PC. There was no option for Switch, and so he won’t be included.

I personally wouldn't mind if he was available for everyone on Switch, even the backer clothes. It's only one platform that runs on less powerful hardware too. Now the question is if they don't include him and the backer clothing, will they cut that data out of the game or leave it in but it stays locked with no means to unlock it? I guarantee if that data is in the game code it's going to get hacked because the Switch has a notoriously easy method for accessing game files.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:43 PM, Dead Meme said:

Is it possible to just generate Savini codes and give em' to backers for the switch (with proof that they backed the game via Kickstarter or Backerkit, and bought Savini Jason) through email or something like that? 

This was probably a dumb question, lol. @mattshotcha

23 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

No, because it was not a precedent set with the original backing of the game. Even if we skip over the idea of creating codes for that content, it's not that simple.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Just to note, people that backed kickstarter for xbox or ps4 then later bought f13 for pc when it went on sale, do not have Savini for PC. Only people that have Savini for pc are people that backed the kickstarter and select PC as platform. Well also the hackers, but thats another story for another day..

23 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

No, because it was not a precedent set with the original backing of the game. Even if we skip over the idea of creating codes for that content, it's not that simple.

In that case make sure to delete that data from the game build because hackers will access it otherwise.

Wow...Trying to milk every penny they can from this broken game while still using the lawsuit as an excuse for not being able to add any new content is a joke...so much for the new team hehe. This is just another slap in the face to the people who backed this game. And before any white knights say they need to keep making money to support the game....support it how? Just by keeping the servers up and running? Oh boy gee thanks the game is still broken will be worthless when they shutdown the servers. Bringing this to the Nintendo switch is their last desperate attempt to make more money before shutting down the servers.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, JED said:

Wow...Trying to milk every penny they can from this broken game while still using the lawsuit as an excuse for not being able to add any new content is a joke...so much for the new team hehe. This is just another slap in the face to the people who backed this game. And before any white knights say they need to keep making money to support the game....support it how? Just by keeping the servers up and running? Oh boy gee thanks the game is still broken will be worthless when they shutdown the servers. Bringing this to the Nintendo switch is their last desperate attempt to make more money before shutting down the servers.

The same servers will be used on Layers of Fear 2. It's likely the money made from that game will also continue to support those servers.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, JED said:

How can you seriously be this clueless? Unreal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

The same servers will be used on Layers of Fear 2. It's likely the money made from that game will also continue to support those servers.

Wait is LoF2 a multiplayer game?

I believe that it will help maintain the servers just didn’t think it would be because it’s using them.

@JED, Please don’t take my comments as permission to start that toxic crap up again in camp. In no way does my being an asshole justify you being toxic. There is a world of difference between speaking to someone, however rudely and talking shit about the game we all love. Please keep that in mind while visiting camp. I’m still annoyed and I’d be mortified if I took it out on you. 

3 hours ago, JED said:

If anyone was unclear what a “troll post” looked like, this is as good as an example as you’ll ever see. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 11:22 AM, mattshotcha said:

It isn't new content. It's all existing content being brought over to another format.

There will not be anything in the Switch version that doesn't exist in other versions already released.

EDIT: also, new code is not new content as long as it isn't coding in an element that didn't previously exist. This is the same manner in which we are allowed to make bug fixes and balancing changes.

I know this subject is beat to death. So I apologize in advance. But I just don’t understand. I understand even less after this post. Can you please explain more in depth. If we all saw the hacked videos of Jason X and all his kills, doesn’t that mean the coding already exists in the game? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2019 at 9:06 PM, mattshotcha said:

There really is no discrepancy. Existing content as in existing for sale elsewhere, existing as in released. 

Everything in the Switch version is already available on other platforms. 

Jason X and Grendel are not, nor will they ever be. We can't possibly be any more clear than that.

As for the mask flash with Rage and Pamela laugh, they already exist in game. The laugh occurs in game already and the mask is the same mask from the lobby menu.

You also mention Jason X and Grendel being "previously available" and that's incorrect. They were never available. 

No, there is a clear discrepancy and you swerved on multiple points I made. I know Pam’s laugh and the mask are in the game, I literally said that. In my post. Jason X and everything that is in the Virtual Cabin 2.0..... is....in the game. It’s there.... in the Virtual Cabin. Have you played the game?

Your argument that you can’t add any new content but that you can change, add, update, or expand upon code for things that are in the game has been exposed. All the elements I mentioned are in the game so don’t backtrack now. They’re literally in the Virtual Cabin: Jason X, child Jason, a different phone, a computer, an entire different cabin, multiple tools and weapons, a radio, a pad lock. All these items are —pardon me for continuously reiterating—in the game.

The argument that you can create a flashing mask to appear on the map—a mechanic that itself was not in the game— pieced together from items previously in the game makes it new content. It’s new, it wasn’t there before. Pam’s laugh sound clip + mask graphic + flashing + condition = something new. 

Now you’re trying to to say that actual items in the Virtual Cabin......... don’t *count* as being in the game? Admit you’ve been caught peddling discrepant information. I’m not some kid on a forum, I hold two Ph.Ds so your lackluster attempt to dismiss the points I made in response to misinformation YOU presented is not going to fly. 

To reiterate: items that are in the Virtual Cabin... ARE in fact part of the game.

You admitted that the developers are legally permitted to piece together existing items, files, and features in the game to code something new. This is most evident with the latest update that adds a new feature when Jason enters rage. According to you, this doesn’t constitute new content on technicality.

Then explain why Gun and Black Tower “can’t“ touch anything that appears in Virtual Cabin, the items previously mentioned that you erroneously claimed aren’t part of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

giphy.gif

Here we go again...

@JED there is nothing to argue here broski. It's been said there is not going to be any more content and explained why more times than are necessary. No amount of temper tantrums, lawyers, money or Ph.Ds will change that. Ever. I don't like it but that's the reality of the situation. 

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

If anyone was unclear what a “troll post” looked like, this is as good as an example as you’ll ever see. 

10 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

How can you seriously be this clueless? Unreal.

4 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

giphy.gif

Here we go again...

And you three are perfect examples of white knights. No argument just insults hehe. I tried for years to give the makers of this game (and the people who took over and were suppose to make the game better) the benefit of the doubt. Well guess what..fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Fool me three times...well that's not happening because I'm not a white knight or delusional.

Also you can look at all my past comments and see I'm  not a "troll" but someone who's tired of waiting for this game to get fixed. I hope im wrong and they miraculously turn things around but its pretty obvious it's not going to happen.