Jump to content
Dogmatic

Friday the 13th releasing on Nintendo Switch this Spring

Recommended Posts

Yeah heck ya, gonna tell all my friends who play Smash Ultimate Competitively to pick up the game then play me on PS4 after they get good. This is the best news I heard yet! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

Is it possible to just generate Savini codes and give em' to backers for the switch (with proof that they backed the game via Kickstarter or Backerkit, and bought Savini Jason) through email or something like that? 

 

This was probably a dumb question, lol. @mattshotcha

No, because it was not a precedent set with the original backing of the game. Even if we skip over the idea of creating codes for that content, it's not that simple.

10 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Based on what took place from the lawsuit, do you or Gun Media feel this will be the last Friday The 13th game we will see forever?

Sorry if this has already been asked towards you. If there's a thread or Beyond episode answer covering this, I'll be glad to search for the info there.

From Gun Media, most likely yes.

7 hours ago, BigJay said:

They confirmed in one of their Beyond streams that they will NOT be doing a second F13:TG. So if we ever got another F13 game, it would have to be from an entirely new publishing and development studio and I honestly don't know on what teams would be willing to do it. I know sure as shit a AAA company wouldn't do it. 

This, as it pertains to the next obvious question, a sequel to our game at some point in the future. Wouldn't make sense as we have included the franchise entirety to date, save for a few small elements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

@mattshotcha what about releasing source code so that capable fans can continue with content once the lawsuit is over?

No, unfortunately that's not an option when working with a licensed IP like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

This, as it pertains to the next obvious question, a sequel to our game at some point in the future. Wouldn't make sense as we have included the franchise entirety to date, save for a few small elements.

Umm, no you haven’t.... You could claim to have covered the Paramount movies but even that would be an exaggeration. 

It’s minimizing like this, that turns fans toxic. Where’s....?

Sandbox mode - It’s great I can play Jason single player but what about the other half of the game, Counselor play. 

Forest Green - map 

Tina’s Summer Home - map

The Lazurus experience

The Voorhees House - map

Grendel

You get a pass on the remake as the rights were never secured but saying that you covered it all, when each Jason doesn’t even have his own map is BS. When you can’t play as a a Counselor offline because reasons, I know you’ll say “a believable Jason AI is too hard” but who says we need one to enjoy just being a Counselor or visiting Camp. 

You actually make it harder for those of us who have spent time explaining things to people when you minimize this way, when anyone can point out the number of things that haven’t been completed, the broken promises and fact that you’re game is barely half done, but you’re only missing some small elements.

Bugs, Glitches and toxic players can all be written off by those of us who get what Gun was trying to accomplish, being talked down to isn’t. Saying you covered everything but some small elements, reduces every suggestion that has ever been made to nothing. They’re all just small things not worth the time or effort. I genuinely mad that you would post such nonsense as the above quote. Guns not making a sequel, awesome because anyone who thinks that this game is in a finished state is a fucking moron. 

Go a head give me a warning/ban that would at least be a response to any of the things that I’ve brought up and exactly the type of fuck you I expect from a Community Lead who can’t do his job. 

 

Thanks for posting about the switch on the forums by the way, I appreciate you taking your responsibility to the community seriously. I don’t want another meaningless apology, so don’t bother.

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Umm, no you haven’t.... You could claim to have covered the Paramount movies but even that would be an exaggeration. 

It’s minimizing like this, that turns fans toxic. Where’s....?

Sandbox mode - It’s great I can play Jason single player but what about the other half of the game, Counselor play. 

Forest Green - map 

Tina’s Summer Home - map

The Lazurus experience

The Voorhees House - map

Grendel

You get a pass on the remake as the rights were never secured but saying that you covered it all, when each Jason doesn’t even have his own map is BS. When you can’t play as a a Counselor offline because reasons, I know you’ll say “a believable Jason AI is too hard” but who says we need one to enjoy just being a Counselor or visiting Camp. 

You actually make it harder for those of us who have spent time explaining things to people when you minimize this way, when anyone can point out the number of things that haven’t been completed, the broken promises and fact that you’re game is barely half done, but you’re only missing some small elements.

Bugs, Glitches and toxic players can all be written off by those of us who get what Gun was trying to accomplish, being talked down to isn’t. Saying you covered everything but some small elements, reduces every suggestion that has ever been made to nothing. They’re all just small things not worth the time or effort. I genuinely mad that you would post such nonsense as the above quote. Guns not making a sequel, awesome because anyone who thinks that this game is in a finished state is a fucking moron. 

Go a head give me a warning/ban that would at least be a response to any of the things that I’ve brought up and exactly the type of fuck you I expect from a Community Lead who can’t do his job. 

 

Thanks for posting about the switch on the forums by the way, I appreciate you taking your responsibility to the community seriously. I don’t want another meaningless apology, so don’t bother.

 

Hold on, one sentence and I'm talking down to you? You're going to base an entire rant off one sentence you feel I'm talking down to you?

What you've described is essentially a map pack and you're implying that we should release a sequel to cover just maps? 

Me saying we've covered almost everything is in regards to the playable Jason characters and locations and I noted that we didn't cover everything. I stated "save for a few elements." Your tirade about bugs and balancing suggestions from the community is completely aside from this conversation. Never did I state that we weren't considering those things, those fixes. 

You can't read one sentence and extrapolate all of that and use it as a basis to go off on me and claim I cannot do my job. That's ludicrous. Read your own post back and ask yourself if you feel that just those elements warrant an entire new game. Ask yourself if you truly feel that those elements alone added in are going to be something that would warrant a second purchase. That is what I was saying. 

And I'm not apologizing because I didn't post the Switch news here. If you'll notice, we didn't post the Switch news individually at all. We shared with news outlets who have then shared with the community. 

Your post is either intentionally introducing other elements to the conversation in an attempt to incite the community, or it is simply dismissive of what I'm actually saying and making inferences to what I mean, instead of just simply reading the one sentence I posted that has you so upset.

Either of those options is way off the mark, and personally attacking me because you are either too upset to see what was actually said, or because you want to start an angry mob is not something I'll stand for. There's no need for infractions, as I feel these things can be sorted out. But please consider this a warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Hold on, one sentence and I'm talking down to you? The claim you’ve covered the whole franchise is. 

You're going to base an entire rant off one sentence you feel I'm talking down to you? Yes, I did because that’s how it reads. 

What you've described is essentially a map pack and you're implying that we should release a sequel to cover just maps? 

Do games like this release map packs, never heard that before. I’m not implying anything, I told you I don’t think you should make a sequel. I used the fact that we’re missing half the maps to illustrate my point that you’re not even half done the franchise. On the forums alone there’s more than enough suggestions for a sequel, and no I don’t think just maps, again those are examples. 

Me saying we've covered almost everything is in regards to the playable Jason characters and locations and I noted that we didn't cover everything. I stated "save for a few elements." Well I guess we’re peachy than, a few elements covers it. 

Your tirade about bugs and balancing suggestions from the community is completely aside from this conversation. Never did I state that we weren't considering those things, those fixes. 

I never said you weren’t considering fixes, I said we can ignore the problems but the minimizing is talking down to us.

You can't read one sentence and extrapolate all of that and use it as a basis to go off on me and claim I cannot do my job.

Well I did, so clearly I can. I actually based it on the fact that you can’t be bothered to post announcements in your own forum.

That's ludicrous. Read your own post back and ask yourself if you feel that just those elements warrant an entire new game. Ask yourself if you truly feel that those elements alone added in are going to be something that would warrant a second purchase. That is what I was saying. 

Most of the people here would buy a sequel for the other half of the maps, so I’m not sure that’s a good argument and if they wouldn’t it’s because of how gun treats it’s community. 

And I'm not apologizing because I didn't post the Switch news here. If you'll notice, we didn't post the Switch news individually at all. We shared with news outlets who have then shared with the community. 

So doing even less than what you’ve done in the past, is a good way to repair the relationship Gun has with its community? 

Your post is either intentionally introducing other elements to the conversation in an attempt to incite the community, or it is simply dismissive of what I'm actually saying and making inferences to what I mean, instead of just simply reading the one sentence I posted that has you so upset.

I am mad, and now a little offended you would accuse me of attempting to inciting the community. You do realize I’ve spent months making this place less toxic right? That I’ve spent my free time cleaning your house?

Either of those options is way off the mark, and personally attacking me because you are either too upset to see what was actually said, or because you want to start an angry mob is not something I'll stand for. There's no need for infractions, as I feel these things can be sorted out. But please consider this a warning.

So I say a warning is a fuck you, and you make ‘this a warning’ the last words in your post, lol. I hope you did that on purpose because it’s the only thing I respect in this post. 

Maybe you should take a step back and think of all the shit Gun has put its community through, then realize you’re incredibly lucky it’s me calling you out and not someone who hates the company. Instead of hearing me, you’re concern is on being right or winning an argument against me. 

You’re probably right we’ll work through this but not if you’re more interested in winning than acknowledging why that comment pissed me off. 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 3:36 PM, Vanessaismymain said:

Their keeping the dedicated servers going by finding different ways to make revenue. We should all be happy! This might help the game keep running for another year or longer.  

The dedicated servers will keep this game going for a while. With Gun's new project, they'll stick around even longer.

13 hours ago, BigJay said:

They confirmed in one of their Beyond streams that they will NOT be doing a second F13:TG. So if we ever got another F13 game, it would have to be from an entirely new publishing and development studio and I honestly don't know on what teams would be willing to do it. I know sure as shit a AAA company wouldn't do it. 

I'm sure someone someday will take another crack at a game for this franchise, once the rights are all sorted out.

In all honesty, if I had the resources, I'd be happy to take on a project like this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Slasher_Clone You’re intentionally reading more into one innocuous sentence and utilizing that as permission to haul off on me. It’s not about “how it reads” because if it was, my previous reply would have helped clear that up for you. You’re reading my words and choosing to infer intent and context and all the in between in order to rationalize your outburst.

That’s not ok. That’s also not an attempt at conversation. 

And it’s not that I cannot be bothered to post announcements here. It’s more that the announcement has not been posted by Gun yet. If you want your news immediately you may occasionally have to venture outside of a single channel. If not, then you can catch the announcement when it’s shared here.

News sites have the story right now, and our channels will share the recap of BEYOND with our statement in due time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I'm sure someone someday will take another crack at a game for this franchise, once the rights are all sorted out.

In all honesty, if I had the resources, I'd be happy to take on a project like this.

I sure hope so that another game would be made someday. I wish a big company like Capcom would make asymmetrical survival horror games like this. I do believe they could deliver a worthy product. Seeing on how they handled the RE2 Remake, I think a horror game like F13 from them would be great. 

I would suggest Bethesda, but how they handled online with Fallout 76 would probably be a no go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattshotcha While I think @Slasher_Clonehas responded a bit more harshly than was warranted, he makes valid points. There was a lot left on the table with this game. As Slasher mentioned, maps, different game modes, and a number of other things. If Gun doesn't think that a new Friday game would be a good fit for them (assuming that after the rights are settled that it was even a possibility for Gun) that's understandable. But to say the first game encompassed the franchise is simply not accurate. Understand I loved this game and want to see more. As I suspect nearly everyone here does. If that's not something Gun would be interested in I get that. But it's hardly fair to say there isn't much more that could have been (and hopefully one day will be) done. I hope you don't take this as an attack, as that's not my intention. More an attempt to make Gun see what so many here see.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@mattshotcha While I think @Slasher_Clonehas responded a bit more harshly than was warranted, he makes valid points. There was a lot left on the table with this game. As Slasher mentioned, maps, different game modes, and a number of other things. If Gun doesn't think that a new Friday game would be a good fit for them (assuming that after the rights are settled that it was even a possibility for Gun) that's understandable. But to say the first game encompassed the franchise is simply not accurate. Understand I loved this game and want to see more. As I suspect nearly everyone here does. If that's not something Gun would be interested in I get that. But it's hardly fair to say there isn't much more that could have been (and hopefully one day will be) done. I hope you don't take this as an attack, as that's not my intention. More an attempt to make Gun see what so many here see.

While there are items that we wanted to bring to the game, my point remains that it’s somewhere in between enough for a game and not. I think it’s a tricky spot to be in due to the fact that we offered a lot of the meat of the franchise. 

The most iconic Jason versions, the main maps, etc. Those are all in this game. So while there are still possibilities, the bulk of what is alluring in a Friday the 13th game is here already. That’s tough to repack and sell as a sequel. It’s essentially a hefty piece of DLC, not a whole new game.

And of course, ALL of this is hypothetical due to the state of the property. IF the situation with the license were to change, and that’s a huge if, it still would be a tough call to even wade into that territory again. Even if there were more left on the table, that’s still a large question mark.

So again, the content closing is tough, and certainly upsetting. But it’s important to distinguish between “wish content could continue” and enough for a sequel.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattshotcha So is that fundraiser/second kickstarter that was suggested on the forum to continue content entirely off the table? Like if the lawsuit were to end sooner rather than later?  I was going to ask this in the BEYOND stream yesterday but I entirely forgot about it. A response would be greatly appreciated. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BigJay said:

@mattshotcha So is that fundraiser/second kickstarter that was suggested on the forum to continue content entirely off the table? Like if the lawsuit were to end sooner rather than later?  I was going to ask this in the BEYOND stream yesterday but I entirely forgot about it. A response would be greatly appreciated. 

 

Considering the status at this time, yes. We truly appreciate the support and the dedication but we would not be looking to do a second run at Kickstarter for a multitude of reasons.

It also bears noting that funding isn’t the only reason the team has to move on and cannot wait for the resolution of the court case. There’s logistics and teams and so many other moving parts that need to align and have been put on hold far too long to reasonably resume at this point, never mind whatever point in the future this all finally actually ends.

I know that is tough to hear, hell it’s tough for Gun too. But I have to be honest and accurate here, as I don’t want to mislead you or give you false hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Considering the status at this time, yes. We truly appreciate the support and the dedication but we would not be looking to do a second run at Kickstarter for a multitude of reasons.

It also bears noting that funding isn’t the only reason the team has to move on and cannot wait for the resolution of the court case. There’s logistics and teams and so many other moving parts that need to align and have been put on hold far too long to reasonably resume at this point, never mind whatever point in the future this all finally actually ends.

I know that is tough to hear, hell it’s tough for Gun too. But I have to be honest and accurate here, as I don’t want to mislead you or give you false hope.

Well, that's not what I wanted to hear. I felt this could of been the last chance for the game content to resume but it's whatever. I understand you guys need to move on to another project. But still thank you for the response and for being honest. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BigJay said:

I sure hope so that another game would be made someday. I wish a big company like Capcom would make asymmetrical survival horror games like this. I do believe they could deliver a worthy product. Seeing on how they handled the RE2 Remake, I think a horror game like F13 from them would be great. 

I would suggest Bethesda, but how they handled online with Fallout 76 would probably be a no go. 

At this point, if the opportunity was available and the rights were sorted out, my hat would be off to anyone that was open to it. I think Capcom could do wonders with something like this.

3 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Considering the status at this time, yes. We truly appreciate the support and the dedication but we would not be looking to do a second run at Kickstarter for a multitude of reasons.

It also bears noting that funding isn’t the only reason the team has to move on and cannot wait for the resolution of the court case. There’s logistics and teams and so many other moving parts that need to align and have been put on hold far too long to reasonably resume at this point, never mind whatever point in the future this all finally actually ends.

I know that is tough to hear, hell it’s tough for Gun too. But I have to be honest and accurate here, as I don’t want to mislead you or give you false hope.

You're in a tough spot, we get that. No one likes being the bearer of bad news, but someone's gotta do it. It does sadden the community when this keeps being mentioned, but it is what it is. There are those of us who hope that Gun and Black Tower continue to fix bugs and adjust balance as they see fit, for the foreseeable future.

I've had some good times with this game, as many others have, and will continue to do so until it is no longer possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@mattshotcha what is the likelihood that there will be support for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X?

@Fair Play Kojima>Capcom

@Fair Play no doubt Capcom would do a phenomenal job, I was just inferring I'd like to see Kojimas take. I think rockstar would also do a ridiculous job. I think it would be cool if Jason had a kill system similiar to Manhunt. They also have had great success with licensed IPs, namely The Warriors.

Edited by F134Ever86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 12:22 PM, mattshotcha said:

It isn't new content. It's all existing content being brought over to another format.

EDIT: also, new code is not new content as long as it isn't coding in an element that didn't previously exist. This is the same manner in which we are allowed to make bug fixes and balancing changes.

Ok there is now a more discrepancy for what constitutes “new content.” If creating new code or expanding on something that already exists in the game doesn’t count as new content then why can’t unfinished content be included in the game? 

Since it’s already in the game and—according to you—new code does not constitute new content, the entirety of the Virtual Cabin 2.0 and all it’s content is allowed to be finished, changed, or expanded because it’s already in the game. That includes every item, weapon, kill, and Jason sprite. The lodge and map used for the Virtual Cabin 2.0 could be expanded as its own map, as well as expanding—completing—the existing part of the Grendel. 

As far as new content, the flashing mask notification in the new update when Jason goes into rage was completely new content. Regardless of how you spin it as pulling from the existing mask file and simply flashing it once a condition was met, it’s new content you created. However small, it pulls from multiple existing items (the mask, Pam’s laugh) and created something new that itself wasn’t previously in the game. 

What constitutes “new content” has become increasingly more inconsistent. If you guys put together a code for a new condition with a new interface—however easy and small— that’s new content however you try to explain it away. What it doesn’t explain is what exactly can be expanded on and how much code can be created. There is code for Jason X, what he looks like and how he moves and there is code for the entire Virtual Cabin 2.0 map that could be turned into a new map. According to you, this means it can be updated due to it being previously available in the game as existing content. If the developers can piece together existing code to create a new flashing mask graphic, then what’s stopping them from creating a code to let counselors use the various items in the Virtual Cabin 2.0 

The Virtual Cabin is the key here if you guys want to actually move forward with finishing things that exist in the game. What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Ok there is now a more discrepancy for what constitutes “new content.” If creating new code or expanding on something that already exists in the game doesn’t count as new content then why can’t unfinished content be included in the game? 

Since it’s already in the game and—according to you—new code does not constitute new content, the entirety of the Virtual Cabin 2.0 and all it’s content is allowed to be finished, changed, or expanded because it’s already in the game. That includes every item, weapon, kill, and Jason sprite. The lodge and map used for the Virtual Cabin 2.0 could be expanded as its own map, as well as expanding—completing—the existing part of the Grendel. 

As far as new content, the flashing mask notification in the new update when Jason goes into rage was completely new content. Regardless of how you spin it as pulling from the existing mask file and simply flashing it once a condition was met, it’s new content you created. However small, it pulls from multiple existing items (the mask, Pam’s laugh) and created something new that itself wasn’t previously in the game. 

What constitutes “new content” has become increasingly more inconsistent. If you guys put together a code for a new condition with a new interface—however easy and small— that’s new content however you try to explain it away. What it doesn’t explain is what exactly can be expanded on and how much code can be created. There is code for Jason X, what he looks like and how he moves and there is code for the entire Virtual Cabin 2.0 map that could be turned into a new map. According to you, this means it can be updated due to it being previously available in the game as existing content. If the developers can piece together existing code to create a new flashing mask graphic, then what’s stopping them from creating a code to let counselors use the various items in the Virtual Cabin 2.0 

The Virtual Cabin is the key here if you guys want to actually move forward with finishing things that exist in the game. What do you think?

There really is no discrepancy. Existing content as in existing for sale elsewhere, existing as in released. 

Everything in the Switch version is already available on other platforms. 

Jason X and Grendel are not, nor will they ever be. We can't possibly be any more clear than that.

As for the mask flash with Rage and Pamela laugh, they already exist in game. The laugh occurs in game already and the mask is the same mask from the lobby menu.

You also mention Jason X and Grendel being "previously available" and that's incorrect. They were never available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattshotcha I understand that. I do disagree that there's not enough to do a sequel though. Of course this is all hypothetical but I at least want to encourage Gun to consider making a sequel if the opportunity presented itself down the road. Despite the bugs and glitches the teams love for the source material is obvious. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@F134Ever86, that's your opinion. I have faith in Capcom as I'm quite fond of a number of their games. At this point, any number of companies could do this franchise justice. It's all a matter of getting the rights settled, and someone stepping up and taking a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

There really is no discrepancy. Existing content as in existing for sale elsewhere, existing as in released. 

Everything in the Switch version is already available on other platforms. 

Jason X and Grendel are not, nor will they ever be. We can't possibly be any more clear than that.

As for the mask flash with Rage and Pamela laugh, they already exist in game. The laugh occurs in game already and the mask is the same mask from the lobby menu.

You also mention Jason X and Grendel being "previously available" and that's incorrect. They were never available. 

Uber Jason was in the code and perfectly playable before the cut off date. F13 Killer Puzzle did the same thing, they released a character after the cut-off because he was already in the code. There are videos of Uber playing as a fully functional playable Jason. He works better than the entire game did on launch day if we are being honest. Any bugs with him would be allowed to be fixed just like any other bugs. If you guys have decided not to release him then that is your call but he WAS technically available, in a playable state no less. He doesn't really fall under new content, at least by your own reasoning of being able to alter things already in the game. he was already in the code, just like Ghost Jason in Killer Puzzle. You say existing as in "released" but... that isn't really what it seems to mean. Existing is, well existing, right? I respect if you guys have decided to not release him, as disappointing as it is, but I thing it could still be possible in the future.

 

I have no desire to start a fight and certainly no desire to be disrespectful to a member of Gun. I generally stand up for you guys. But I still feel the need to speak up about this, as no one from Gun has ever even really successfully disputed this fact.  Hopefully you can see I am being respectful when I do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Uber Jason was in the code and perfectly playable before the cut off date. F13 Killer Puzzle did the same thing, they released a character after the cut-off because he was already in the code. There are videos of Uber playing as a fully functional playable Jason. He works better than the entire game did on launch day if we are being honest. Any bugs with him would be allowed to be fixed just like any other bugs. If you guys have decided not to release him then that is your call but he WAS technically available, in a playable state no less. He doesn't really fall under new content, at least by your own reasoning of being able to alter things already in the game. he was already in the code, just like Ghost Jason in Killer Puzzle. You say existing as in "released" but... that isn't really what it seems to mean. Existing is, well existing, right? I respect if you guys have decided to not release him, as disappointing as it is, but I thing it could still be possible in the future.

 

I have no desire to start a fight and certainly no desire to be disrespectful to a member of Gun. I generally stand up for you guys. But I still feel the need to speak up about this, as no one from Gun has ever even really successfully disputed this fact.  Hopefully you can see I am being respectful when I do so.

He wasn’t complete, and he wasn’t fully functional. He also was never released, never available by standard means. I’m not sure I understand why you say released isn’t the case, because it is. He was never released for download. I can’t speak to Killer Puzzle as I do not work for them.

Also, we really need to move away from wording such as “you decided” etc. I think it’s imperative that the community understand that when an event such as this comes up, it’s serious. There was a court case, with lawyers involved. Gun is an indie pub. We aim to stay in business, as any business would. And as far as Jason X appearing at some later date, it falls under the same as any other content. Ceased, as we’ve spent too much time as it is.

Regardless, we have made this known. The team has stated on numerous occasions what I’ve stated here. Since I’ve started at Gun I feel as if I’ve addressed this at least once a day, every day. I appreciate your civility, but I can’t change the answer. 

I hope that answers your question.

EDIT: @F134Ever86 I’m not sure. There’s higher priority items right now. But I can check with the team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

He wasn’t complete, and he wasn’t fully functional. He also was never released, never available by standard means. I’m not sure I understand why you say released isn’t the case, because it is. He was never released for download. I can’t speak to Killer Puzzle as I do not work for them.

Also, we really need to move away from wording such as “you decided” etc. I think it’s imperative that the community understand that when an event such as this comes up, it’s serious. There was a court case, with lawyers involved. Gun is an indie pub. We aim to stay in business, as any business would. And as far as Jason X appearing at some later date, it falls under the same as any other content. Ceased, as we’ve spent too much time as it is.

Regardless, we have made this known. The team has stated on numerous occasions what I’ve stated here. Since I’ve started at Gun I feel as if I’ve addressed this at least once a day, every day. I appreciate your civility, but I can’t change the answer. 

I hope that answers your question.

Sorry. "you decided" was the wrong way of wording it. But what I mean is, despite him never being fully released, he was in the code pretty much finished, other than some very minor details, like missing music. He was able to be played with no issues, working as well as any released Jason, he was even able to be brought into single player challenges and he worked there too. It's pretty clear he was all but done, but of course the Grendel was nowhere near done, and they weren't going to release Uber without finishing Grendel first. I know we'll never get Grendel, as sad as that is. But I think it would be a real shame for all the work on Uber to go to waste when he was 99% done. Just my opinion. At any rate, thanks for your response!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...