Dogmatic

Friday the 13th releasing on Nintendo Switch this Spring

7 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

It's a whole separate platform so you'll need to create a new save, new progress.

Ahh.  So I can’t play as Savini Jaysoun?! (And yes, I own him) 

1 minute ago, Dead Meme said:

Ahh.  So I can’t play as Savini Jaysoun?! (And yes, I own him) 

No, unfortunately not. The Savini Jason is platform bound.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You've unwittingly opened the floodgates... Brace yourself.

@badassgixxer05 hopefully the rest of the community is as level headed as you.

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Like 1

To be fair, Savini Jason was a kickstarter reward and the kickstarter was for PC, Xbox and PS4. Makes sense that he wouldn't be in Switch.

Maybe you will be able to bring Savini over from the Xbox, since they're going to put an Xbox Live app on the Switch. Don't know if that will work that way, though. 

2 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

The new lines of code are new content. And they have already added new content to the game. 

By your definition they couldn't do bug fixes, as that's new code. So you're wrong.

Seriously, if you draw a picture, then photocopy it, is it considered new content? Of course not. You people need to understand what "content" really amounts to in a legal sense.

• Like 1

this is good news. 

@mattshotcha @wes 

not only for nintendo friday fans but for the game as a whole. Think of it, why spend money making a port of the game (not cheap!) if the game had no future? especially when taking in the overall news of the lawsuit recently. this is purely speculation but I believe the rights holders may have an agreement in the works and gun is showing the world that they are balls to the wall for this game. Thank you Gun for pushing SO HARD for the community and showing a true passion for this whole world of horror. If content is brought back ( I know they stated end of content, but remember, they are working under Horror inc and what horror says they have to abide by) it could mean another YEAR plus of new content, not to mention what Wes said about the possibility of mod support after the games lifecycle. I truly believe those in power over this IP are realizing the extent of their mistake and are actively working to get not just game content back, but books, movies, toys, and other revenue streams back up and in full swing for the fans, the money, and most likely their family. Both Sean and Victor are getting older and I believe they want something to be left behind, a legacy, a true icon to live forever, just like in the movies :Dpost-3810-0-57815700-1491824508_thumb.png

6 minutes ago, ConnectTheKings said:

this is good news. 

@mattshotcha @wes 

not only for nintendo friday fans but for the game as a whole. Think of it, why spend money making a port of the game (not cheap!) if the game had no future? especially when taking in the overall news of the lawsuit recently. this is purely speculation but I believe the rights holders may have an agreement in the works and gun is showing the world that they are balls to the wall for this game. Thank you Gun for pushing SO HARD for the community and showing a true passion for this whole world of horror. If content is brought back ( I know they stated end of content, but remember, they are working under Horror inc and what horror says they have to abide by) it could mean another YEAR plus of new content, not to mention what Wes said about the possibility of mod support after the games lifecycle. I truly believe those in power over this IP are realizing the extent of their mistake and are actively working to get not just game content back, but books, movies, toys, and other revenue streams back up and in full swing for the fans, the money, and most likely their family. Both Sean and Victor are getting older and I believe they want something to be left behind, a legacy, a true icon to live forever, just like in the movies :Dpost-3810-0-57815700-1491824508_thumb.png

While I appreciate the sentiment, and I agree this is a good thing for all Friday fans, particularly on Switch, there is no change to the status of content in the game. 

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, and appreciate your dedication, but would hate to mislead you. Even if just my silence could be seen as misleading.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

While I appreciate the sentiment, and I agree this is a good thing for all Friday fans, particularly on Switch, there is no change to the status of content in the game. 

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, and appreciate your dedication, but would hate to mislead you. Even if just my silence could be seen as misleading.

Roger, i read you loud and clear, but I also understand that saying anything other than "no content sorry" would put you guys in a bad spot if the lawsuit goes down a bad road and we never see anything come of this. that being said I still reserve my right to have that 0.0000000000000000001 hope that content returns. and if it does, I will personally be celebrating with champagne and a jenny gameplay stream. If it goes the other way, well, i've enjoyed my time on the game, and will continue to play it until I can't anymore ( but i'll definitely be mad I never got the Jason X content, and no "hardcore" mode :L )post-3810-0-57815700-1491824508_thumb.png

• Confused 2

39 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

By your definition they couldn't do bug fixes, as that's new code. So you're wrong.

Seriously, if you draw a picture, then photocopy it, is it considered new content? Of course not. You people need to understand what "content" really amounts to in a legal sense.

Not at all. Any line of code is NEW but I was under the assumption that all content was to be killed when wes had stated that they couldn’t even add a rock. (That’s a line of code) I was not aware that it was a only New DLC CONTENT was put to a end. Thanks to Matt and others for the clarification of that. So take your “you people comment” and keep it to yourself. Content and meta data being added to the game is new content but not outside of what they are allowed to do. Thanks for trying. 

2 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

Not at all. Any line of code is NEW but I was under the assumption that all content was to be killed when wes had stated that they couldn’t even add a rock. (That’s a line of code) I was not aware that it was a only New DLC CONTENT was put to a end. Thanks to Matt and others for the clarification of that. So take your “you people comment” and keep it to yourself. Content and meta data being added to the game is new content but not outside of what they are allowed to do. Thanks for trying. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4925293

• Haha 2

How are the graphics gonna look on the switch? Are they gonna look poopy like DBD does on the switch or are they gonna look close to the other platform graphics?

While I'm surprised at this development, this will keep the game going for a bit longer.

I'll personally pass on purchasing this myself, but for those who want it, more power to you.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums @Rabid-child, if you get a chance, stop by the introduction section and tell us a little about yourself. 

They have said that there are currently no plans of cross platform play. 

Is it possible to just generate Savini codes and give em' to backers for the switch (with proof that they backed the game via Kickstarter or Backerkit, and bought Savini Jason) through email or something like that? 

This was probably a dumb question, lol. @mattshotcha

I have a Switch and love it.  I obviously love Friday the 13th (as a franchise and as a game).

But I have zero interest in this.  To me, it doesn't fit the idea of a game I'm excited about playing on the go.  Friday the 13th is best enjoyed in a dark room with a drink and a headset.

I'm not sure to whom this will be appealing, but I do wish it great success.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I think they’re trying to appeal to the party game demographic in the Switch community. I don’t have a switch personally but I imagine that playing in a cafeteria or quad would be fun with a small group. 

I hope it brings some renewed interest and does well too. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think they’re trying to appeal to the party game demographic in the Switch community. I don’t have a switch personally but I imagine that playing in a cafeteria or quad would be fun with a small group. 

I hope it brings some renewed interest and does well too. 

That's a good point.  Two potential issues: 1) Would wi-fi be good enough in these places to be effective for this game?  2) I imagine teaming and trolling would be even worse, when you could potentially have multiple people looking right at each other's screens in close proximity.

But hey, different strokes for different folks...I wouldn't want to rain on anyone's parade.  And again, I hope it's very successful for Gun.

26 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I have a Switch and love it.  I obviously love Friday the 13th (as a franchise and as a game).

But I have zero interest in this.  To me, it doesn't fit the idea of a game I'm excited about playing on the go.  Friday the 13th is best enjoyed in a dark room with a drink and a headset.

I enjoy the switch and this game as well. I just won't be enjoying them both at the same time. I'm sure they'll make some sales from this port.

8 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

That's a good point.  Two potential issues: 1) Would wi-fi be good enough in these places to be effective for this game?  2) I imagine teaming and trolling would be even worse, when you could potentially have multiple people looking right at each other's screens in close proximity.

But hey, different strokes for different folks...I wouldn't want to rain on anyone's parade.  And again, I hope it's very successful for Gun.

Teaming and trolling could be escalated to new heights with this development. I hope I'm incorrect though.

• Like 1

This is great news! I don't understand some of the negativity. This will help keep the game going longer and bring more fans to the game. 

I know players are upset about content but, it doesn't make business sense for Gun to keep investing money in DLC when there's no guarantee it'll ever see light of day.  Honestly, why wouldn't Gun want to release content if they could? Especially now with the game coming to The Switch.  

Gun makes games! They don't own the F13 property! Their hands are tied! This sucks for the players and for the creators of this game.

Their keeping the dedicated servers going by finding different ways to make revenue. We should all be happy! This might help the game keep running for another year or longer.  

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 12:21 PM, mattshotcha said:

Based on what took place from the lawsuit, do you or Gun Media feel this will be the last Friday The 13th game we will see forever?

Sorry if this has already been asked towards you. If there's a thread or Beyond episode answer covering this, I'll be glad to search for the info there.

2 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Based on what took place from the lawsuit, do you or Gun Media feel this will be the last Friday The 13th game we will see forever?

Sorry if this has already been asked towards you. If there's a thread or Beyond episode answer covering this, I'll be glad to search for the info there.

They confirmed in one of their Beyond streams that they will NOT be doing a second F13:TG. So if we ever got another F13 game, it would have to be from an entirely new publishing and development studio and I honestly don't know on what teams would be willing to do it. I know sure as shit a AAA company wouldn't do it.