Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Strigoi

How to Make Counselors Stronger.

Recommended Posts

I've seen some good ideas on the Forums about Fair Balance for Counselors and difficulty settings on Quick play .

Make The Sweater Reusable  in an easier Game mode setting.

Huge Alarm Alert Announcement that Jason's Mask is off so Counselors can team up to get sweater and call Tommy Jarvis.

Stronger perks For Tommy Jarvis .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I've seen some good ideas on the Forums about Fair Balance for Counselors and difficulty settings on Quick play .

   The counselors are already fine... they do not need any buffs or nerfs... and yet, the perks are getting a rework, we will have to see which direction that takes balance in... But counselors that work together tend to make for VERY low kill counts for VERY skilled Jason players... Why exactly do you think they should get a buff of ANY kind?

6 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Make The Sweater Reusable  in an easier Game mode setting.

   The Jason kill is already WAY too easy to pull off... One chance to use the sweater is all you get... and is all you should EVER get. If Jason somehow manages to kill the sweater girl before she can use the sweater... well... even a complete dullard would not mistake a second sweater girl for his mother, so why should Jason? He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer... but neither is he a complete moron.

6 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Huge Alarm Alert Announcement that Jason's Mask is off so Counselors can team up to get sweater and call Tommy Jarvis.

   There is already an announcement that he lost his mask in game... It does not need to come with bright flashing lights to draw the attention of those who failed to pay attention and see it in the first place.

6 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Stronger perks For Tommy Jarvis .

   Why does the best character in the game (at EVERY skill) need to be better? I can answer that.... He does not need to be better, he is perfectly fine as he is.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I've seen some good ideas on the Forums about Fair Balance for Counselors and difficulty settings on Quick play .

Make The Sweater Reusable  in an easier Game mode setting. One time is sufficient. Just be careful when using it.

Huge Alarm Alert Announcement that Jason's Mask is off so Counselors can team up to get sweater and call Tommy Jarvis.

People just need to pay attention while playing.

Stronger perks For Tommy Jarvis . Tommy's perks should remain the same as the perks of everyone else.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

tenor.gif

Anabolic steroids for everyone!

C'mon @Slasher_Clone making jokes is hardly harassing. Also how am I following him when his post is at the top of the activity feed? Please show me an instance when I've harrassed anyone on this forum and I will publicly apologize.

Edited by F134Ever86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I've seen some good ideas on the Forums about Fair Balance for Counselors and difficulty settings on Quick play .

Make The Sweater Reusable  in an easier Game mode setting.

Huge Alarm Alert Announcement that Jason's Mask is off so Counselors can team up to get sweater and call Tommy Jarvis.

Stronger perks For Tommy Jarvis .

I get you want to put all your favourite ideas in one place but as you said you’ve seen these ideas on the forum. So you don’t need to make a new thread for them. These ideas have all been discussed elsewhere, they don’t require a topic all to themselves. That said, I’m glad you’re trying to get a conversation going but why not discuss these ideas where you found them.

28 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

tenor.gif

Do we need to have a conversation about boundaries?

I like you but don’t harass the new people who aren’t doing anything to you. You don’t like our little vampires ideas, that’s fine you don’t need to be a fuck wit about it, ignore him. He’s made it clear he doesn’t like you following him around and there’s a big ass banner if you need a reminder. 

Edit - @F134Ever86, I think your comment is a lot less harassing with the text added. Strigoi has made it pretty clear he feels like you’re following him around and trying to get a rise out of him. If someone is fighting or arguing it might be one thing but if they’re just asking you to stop or to give them space it’s entirely different. I’d appreciate if you’d give him some space, joke with me instead. I got a thread in ‘suggestions’ just waiting for someone to make fun of, maybe the forum will get a kick out of it if you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should only be one chance for the sweater girl. Very unnecessary buff right there. 

There already is an alert his mask is off. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Just pay attention to the mask off icon.

With buffing tommy Jarvis only thing needed done is that I love the idea of him being able to stun in rage.

thats it

Theres my opinion for you @Strigoi

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Counselors don't need a buff! Hopefully Gun focuses on Jason. Keep making Jason stronger and leave counselors as is! Leave them with all of the tools they already have don't subtract or add. Jason needs to be the focus and making him stronger will keep the game balanced without touching perks like medic. Nothing gets taken away on the counselor side and Jason continues to be the force he should be. I feel that's a win. 

I would like to see a few more clever ways for counselors to distract or slow down Jason. I love the idea that @Slasher_Clone came up with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Counselors don't need a buff! Hopefully Gun focuses on Jason. Keep making Jason stronger and leave counselors as is! Leave them with all of the tools they already have don't subtract or add. Jason needs to be the focus and making him stronger will keep the game balanced without touching perks like medic. Nothing gets taken away on the counselor side and Jason continues to be the force he should be. I feel that's a win. 

I would like to see a few more clever ways for counselors to distract or slow down Jason. I love the idea that @Slasher_Clone came up with. 

Great points Van !!

@Slasher_Clone Vanessa wanted you to know he liked your ideas..... still don’t know why he can’t tag you though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Great points Van !!

@Slasher_Clone Vanessa wanted you to know he liked your ideas..... still don’t know why he can’t tag you though.

Thanks man, much appreciated.

54 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

. I would like to see a few more clever ways for counselors to distract or slow down Jason. I love the idea that @Slasher_Clone came up with. 

I agree with the rest of your quote too but was curious which idea you liked?

You can quote me anytime, no need to tag just delete whatever’s inside but leave the dialog box.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

jason needs to be nutured permently alsp the counslers need more stamina

   Been there... done that... it did not work then... it will not work now... Trying something over and over again and expecting different results is actually the very definition of "insanity".
  And does not fit with what Jason is supposed to be, let alone the license holder's and the dev's vision of what the game should be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thanks man, much appreciated.

I agree with the rest of your quote too but was curious which idea you liked?

You can quote me anytime, no need to tag just delete whatever’s inside but leave the dialog box.

Take Away Counselors screaming when Jason is near giving away hiding spots. I "quoted" your idea there. I tried to copy and paste but it wouldn't let me for some reason. Good stuff! 👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Take Away Counselors screaming when Jason is near giving away hiding spots. I "quoted" your idea there. I tried to copy and paste but it wouldn't let me for some reason. Good stuff! 👍 

Oh yeah, the faking the hiding noises for going under a bed or in a closet. It’s one I rather like too, gives the really stealthy Counselors a not over powered tool to play some mind games. 

 

I very much appreciate you adopting the take nothing away philosophy, removing things causes to much nonsense but little buffs most people like and approve of. The more of us that are against outright nerfs the better as far as I can see. The alternative is everyone wanting something gone. 

Glad you and October have become friends and you seem to get why things were rough at the start. I honestly wish more of the new campers were that perceptive. You probably figured out I don’t hold any grudges but I find it helps if I tell new members that after any rough patches of interaction. I just want a community that isn’t toxic, and I’m glad you’re sticking around.

(Sorry I tend to do all this stuff publicly, otherwise I look like a jack ass all the time.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we had differences of opinion but i hold no grudges either. You mentioned Oct 31 1978, Slasher_Clone, I think both of you are okay in my book. 👍 You guys got a friend here! Glad to be a part of the community.

I take full responsibility on our first interaction i was coming off as an Ass! I judged you and i was wrong! I like the few ideas i've seen, in the future i'll try an read some more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Oh yeah, the faking the hiding noises for going under a bed or in a closet. It’s one I rather like too, gives the really stealthy Counselors a not over powered tool to play some mind games. 

 

I very much appreciate you adopting the take nothing away philosophy, removing things causes to much nonsense but little buffs most people like and approve of. The more of us that are against outright nerfs the better as far as I can see. The alternative is everyone wanting something gone. 

Glad you and October have become friends and you seem to get why things were rough at the start. I honestly wish more of the new campers were that perceptive. You probably figured out I don’t hold any grudges but I find it helps if I tell new members that after any rough patches of interaction. I just want a community that isn’t toxic, and I’m glad you’re sticking around.

(Sorry I tend to do all this stuff publicly, otherwise I look like a jack ass all the time.)

Sorry about the double post. This is for Slasher_Clone! I forgot to "quote" him with my response above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Oh yeah, the faking the hiding noises for going under a bed or in a closet. It’s one I rather like too, gives the really stealthy Counselors a not over powered tool to play some mind games. 

Definitely a good idea and a welcome addition that would help build up some of the stealth gameplay aspects which I think we all would like.

 

Quote

I very much appreciate you adopting the take nothing away philosophy, removing things causes to much nonsense but little buffs most people like and approve of. The more of us that are against outright nerfs the better as far as I can see. The alternative is everyone wanting something gone. 

This is definitely key to to keeping both sides of gameplay entertaining!

Both you and @Vanessaismymain are right.  At this point in the games life counselor gameplay feels pretty solid.....it has the ability to challenge Jason gameplay and that’s good. 

slight tweaks and a Perk rework could be all that is needed, and I completely agree that removing things will not be the way to go for the future of the game.

 

1 hour ago, Vanessaismymain said:

You guys have a friend here !

Back at you babe! 😉 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 3:27 PM, MovieWatcher101 said:

jason needs to be nutured permently alsp the counslers need more stamina

Need more stamina? Ever used Vanessa or Tiffany with Legendary marathon perk? You’d love that if you want more stamina 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Let's give the counselors jet packs, missile launchers, and mech suits. 

Also, J-dog should be a quadriplegic sans wheelchair.

There is no conceivable way I could ever survive a match otherwise so I demand this game be changed in manner more suited to me abilities. Or lack thereof.

Edited by Drop.Dead.Cynical
Posting from phone; auto-correct fail
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 7:02 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Definitely a good idea and a welcome addition that would help build up some of the stealth gameplay aspects which I think we all would like.

 

This is definitely key to to keeping both sides of gameplay entertaining!

Both you and @Vanessaismymain are right.  At this point in the games life counselor gameplay feels pretty solid.....it has the ability to challenge Jason gameplay and that’s good. 

slight tweaks and a Perk rework could be all that is needed, and I completely agree that removing things will not be the way to go for the future of the game.

 

Back at you babe! 😉 

Thanks bud! I appreciate it. 👍😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being silent is more of an advantage because Jason cant figure out if you left the cabin or not while his sense powers regenerate .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind seeing flare guns and firecrackers stun Jason in rage because it is in keeping with the stay away mentality of the Rage update. But the truth is that councilors don't need a buff. In fact Jason is still in need of some tweaking. He is STILL too easy to kill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...